𝐊𝐈𝐌 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐌𝐘𝐄𝐎𝐍'𝐬...

By ARAIDELUNA

dear diary. have you heard of one sided love? have you? that feeling when something going wrong with your cru... More

kim junmyeon's || exo
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
e x t r a : s i d e s t o r y
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n : d e c i s i o n

s e v e n

2.8K 171 29
By ARAIDELUNA

I face planted my forehead on the desk with a loud yawn.

New flash for today's gossip; Park Chanyeol was absent today due to his stomachacheㅡ I heard he was even got admitted into the hospital since he was whining on every five seconds. I guessed, I should visit him whenever I had time after this and bring something to cheer him up. But to think on the positive side, I no longer had to face him following me around for a short time.

I could totally resume my fangirl life in this period. Maybe after school today. I heard Junmyeon was going somewhere entertaining and I wondered where would that be.

The sound of my phone vibrated caught my ears.

Satansoo Next Door
School is about to end right

Chorong the LoneRanger
So what

Satansoo Next Door
You wait for me at the school gate

Chorong the LoneRanger
Why do I have to follow your order

Satansoo Next Door
Why wouldn't you

Chorong the LoneRanger
You aint my MAMA

Chorong the LoneRanger
And I was thinking to visit Chanyeol in the hospital after this

Satansoo Next Door
I'm going there too. With Junmyeon. Was about to ask you to join us..but..

Chorong the LoneRanger
Aye sir I'll wait even for eternity

Ah. So that entertaining place turned out to be Park Chanyeol's hospital room.

I took my timeㅡ fixing my hair last minutes before class ended, applying some safety bb cream and made sure nothing stuck on my teeth embarrassedlyㅡ and then only I kicked Irene's seat to gain her attention. As she was grunting with the distraction and finally turned her head to the side, she managed to mutter a quick what.

"I'm going to visit Chanyeol in the hospital after school."

She gave me a sceptical look, "Urgh. Why would you visit that derp?"

"Technically, I was also at fault for not keeping him in check when he was stuffing inappropriate food into his big mouth." I pressed my lips into a thin line, suddenly remembering the weird incident that happened yesterday.

"You can go alone." She replied shortly.

Going alone actually sounded marvellous. If I were to kick Kyungsoo out of the way and let Junmyeon alone beside me, then it'd be a good chance to build a more firm relationship with him. After all, this wasn't a normal chance that would come everyday.

But I couldn't do that. Of course, it'd be better for myselfㅡ but somehow I had to take Junmyeon's feeling into the account.. I needed to bring Irene along to make sure he could spend time with her. I meant, I had agreed on helping him to do whatever it took for them to get closer before the Valentines Day.

Kim Junmyeon had a crush on Bae Irene. Not me. I shouldn't be an obstacle more than I was right now.

Forcing a large smile to attach on my face, I kept on pressuring her. "Come on, don't be like that. Kyungsoo will also be with us." I poked Irene on the arm slightly. "Keep me a company, won't you? Aren't you my best friend on the entire planet that swear to save the world together with me?"

"That's a different situation. I'm like that only when playing video games with you."

Geesh, this woman.. "Do it for me, please. I'm begging you." If I could manage to pull her in to join me, just imagine how happy Junmyeon would beㅡ and that'd be something great for my pleasure. Knowing him happy because of someone else might sound fragile to my heart, but hey, what else could I say? I was the fool here for staying behind the shadows for years already.

Irene furrowed her brows in dissatisfaction before letting out a defeated sigh after the pleading, "Whatever. You better make it quick since I knew that derp will be a chatterbox once he sees you around."

I silently yelled out a triumph cheer. Mission accomplished! I finally had taken down the great Irene into defeat.

I then resumed listening to the lesson. Although I didn't think I could understand most of the parts since I only found myself imagining Junmyeon's handsome face, I acted like I was the most attentive person in the class. I even took out my pink notebook, trying to write down the important details in there.

Instead, all I could jolt down was, Kim Junmyeon is the epitome of good taste. I think he is giving me cavities, because he's too sweet. Ah, I was seriously getting crazier each day. I might even wouldn't survive on the Valentines Day because I choke myself.

After the class ended peacefully without no disruption, I managed to use my full strength and dragged Irene out from the classroom as if we were Usain Bolt. Like really, even when I was in PE lesson, I wouldn't be as much as this enthusiastic.

Do Kyungsoo was already waiting at the gate, his face brightened up a bit upon landing his eyes onto Irene behind me. "I see that you did a great job forcing Irene to go with us."

"Thank you for noticing that Chorong really did force me." Irene nodded with a frustrated face. She really seemed like she hated being in the same room with Chanyeol ever since the day she almost stepped him in front of the classroom..which was yesterday, I guess.

"Hey, the more the merrier, isn't it?" I shrugged nonchalantly. "By the way, where's Junmyeon?" Looking around, I noticed there was no trace of him.

"He went to grab something first. Don't worry, he'll be here in any minute."

"Junmyeon is tagging along?" Irene looked puzzled, didn't seem to take a note on the fourth person in the trip to visit Chanyeol. When Kyungsoo nodded as a reply, she just raised a brow towards me. "No wonder you're being more excited than when you passed your science quiz."

I just showed her a cute toothy smile. The three of us then were quick to change different topicsㅡ gossiping about Mr. Nam's wig to some first year's fake breasts. It was a very interesting conversation to fill in the time while waiting for the main hero to come out. When he finally stepped out from the school, Junmyeon had his school blazer slung over his shoulder like a godly character from a comic with wind gushing his hair from every direction.

As he ran his fingers through his disheveled locks as if it was coincidence, it surely added some dramatic moments that only I understood.

I almost had an instant nosebleed right there. 

I whistled slow enough for myselfㅡ but failed when them two immediately snapped their heads towards my direction. "Damn it, he looks extraordinarily handsome today."

"I'm tired seeing you being a cringe and crazy stalker from afar." Kyungsoo faked a cough, secretly jabbing underneath his tone.

"Trust me, it's very tiring." Irene rolled her eyes. "I've been enduring her stalker days since our first year already."

I just tugged my lips to the side. Oh, they didn't know the pain I had to face in order to achieve this far. They didn't even know the truth about Kim Junmyeon liking my own best friend. Do Kyungsoo didn't know the reality I needed to face every time I see Irene's face; and how it felt like to be crying inside and flooded my brain with nonexistent tears. Gah, please don't cue the onion here and make me cry.

"Sorry for making you wait.." Junmyeon trailed off his words as soon as he landed his eyes onto Irene's figure that stood behind me. After a few seconds of staring her with a blank face, he finally regained himself. Don't worry, Junmyeon. I, too had experienced those kinds of moments when I saw you unexpectedly. "L-Looks like we have one more Chanyeol's visitors."

"I was forced to." Irene had repeated the same fact for over hundredth times already.

A smile plastered on Junmyeon's face. From my ninja deciphering technique, he surely looked satisfied with Irene presence here. "I'm sure Chanyeol will be delighted seeing all of us. Although he literally spends a night in the hospital with a perfect condition and just used that as a pathetic excuse to skip school, visiting him won't be hurt."

"I knew it, he's actually a lazy bum." Irene scoffed. "I had my suspicions around the corner ever since he keeps bragging about his role model student title on my face." Her hatred towards a certain lamppost seemed to grow more than before. And I didn't know she knew Chanyeol personally long way beforeㅡ until to the point he'd brag his honoured title in front of her. Irene never told me about that before.

"Let's stop talking about Chanyeol." Kyungsoo stopped them right before they were about to engage in a serious battle catfight over Chanyeol. "Like what we planned before, we'll meet at the hospital in two groups. I'll take the bus since I'll be heading to the convenience store first with another person for Chanyeol's snacks. The other two go with Junmyeon's car to the hospital and wait there."

The reason why Chanyeol admitted into the hospital in first place was because of eating irregular snacks.. how could he plan bringing another type of snacks to shove into that poor boy's mouth. I mentally snorted.

"So?" Kyungsoo broke my thoughts. "Which one of you going with Junmyeon?"

Of course it would be meㅡ oh, I didn't think so. I barely caught my hand from raising in the air. That wouldn't be appropriate in this situation. Clearing my throat, I nudged Irene's arm with a forced smile. "Irene will go with Junmyeon first. I'll accompany Kyungsoo to the convenience store."

"What, really?" Irene looked confused as hell, noticing the fact that I let go of the chance to stick beside Junmyeon like I had always dreamed.

"Y-yes!" From the corner of my eyes, Junmyeon stiffened with the sudden arrangement. I was sure that he must be taken aback having to face Irene alone in their fun car ride, huh. "I need to make sure Kyungsoo buys healthy snacks for Chanyeol. Dried seaweed is good for stomachache!" I started to blurt out nonsense out of blue to get covered.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes suspiciously toward me, trying to figure out what was I trying to do stupidly, "Uh.. okay, if you say so, Chorong." He slowly replied. "Then, let's head out to our direction before it gets late."

"See you, then." I managed to bid my goodbyes to two of them before walking out to the other different direction.

Irene waved another goodbye while Junmyeon was watching the two of us walking in slow steps, "Be careful, you two." He added in the midst of parting.

When the two of their figures vanished after taking another corner, I finally heaved a relieved sigh. That was certainly a mission accomplished. It was a bit hurt for my heart, but still, I did a great job in matchmaking them two. Wow, I really needed to have an award and get some certifications over my contribution on helping my crush to get my best friend.

"Are you really sure you're going to let them two go alone like that?" Kyungsoo broke the silence as I was trying to match my steps with him.

I looked at him as if he was a crazy person, "Why wouldn't I? I have no rights stopping them."

He cackled a short laugh, "Woah. Who are you and what have you done to Park Chorong, the self proclaimed Kim Junmyeon's Stalker?"

"Cut it out, nothing is wrong with me." I shook my head. Was it? "Though a lot of things happened to me recently..so I don't even know what my real feelings are right now."

"Interesting." He rubbed his chin, inspecting me with an interested expression. "Are you saying that you've given up on Junmyeon?"

"Are you crazy? Of course no!"

"Then what else are you doubting for?" He raised a brow. "Your confident answer shows that you're still in love with Junmyeon. I suggest for you to keep on fighting with all that you got. You're planning to confess your feelings on Valentines Day, right?"

I remained silence as I listened to his words. It was surely a strange day to hear Do Kyungsoo giving advices and rant to guide my love stories' plot.

"I'm sure it won't do any harm if you tell him what you're really feeling."

Sighing, I just shrugged off. Won't do any harm? Of course it would.

Kim Junmyeon liked Irene, you fool. If it didn't cost him any harm, then it was me who felt like I was going to die knowing my love would be unrequited.

The rest of the walk was silenceㅡ though it wasn't causing us any uncomfortableness. We went into the convenience store and grabbed a lot of unhealthy junk food; since I totally forgot about the healthy snacks and dried seaweed I was talking before. We took the bus, sitting beside each other with no words exchanged. I'd think that it was a pleasant silence for both of us.

When we arrived at the hospital after taking two busses, I had trouble finding where was Chanyeol's room. Irene and Junmyeon were already heading to his room, not even bother to wait and show up together. I guessed they got carried away getting know each other better..

Kyungsoo finally thought of asking the nurses where was the directionㅡ and when we finally knew what was Chanyeol's room number, I could practically hear him thanking the Lord after saving all those sweats. Just before we were about to go, his phone rang; blaring the Beyonce's Single Ladies ringtone all over the corridor. "You go first. I'll have to take this phone call." He didn't seem to notice the look I was giving him over the choice of his ringtone.

And so, after spinning the same floor for one and a half times, I found the right room with the name of Park Chanyeol written in big and bold on the door. But just before my hand reached the doorknob, I could make out the sound of something angelic fluttering in the air.

"Jogeuman nalgaetjit neol hyanghan ikkeullim,
Naege ttaraora sonjitan geot gataseo." It seemed like someone had the nerves playing a guitar and making noise pollution inside a hospital.

The familiar song was sang with no error in regards of pitch and toneㅡ Junmyeon and Chanyeol had different type of voices but subtly blended in each other's well. But still, couldn't they at least choose a different place to show off their vocal skills for whatever reason?

"Kkumeul kkuneun georeum
Geudaen namanui areumdaun nabi." Chanyeol ended the song. He strummed another last tune before stoppingㅡ halting every melodies to continue afterwards after their sudden jamming session in his room.

I was ready to barge inside and clap marvellously for their unpaid performance until they started to engage in an interesting conversation with no care in the world. I couldn't follow through the entire conversation since they started to whisper like some sort of secret service on some point. So I scooted closer, leaning onto the door to catch up on the few faint words that I could make out.

"What day should I pick?" Junmyeon asked.

"Any day that you like." Chanyeol didn't seem that eager on answering his questions.

"I can't plan what I should do."

Chanyeol snorted, "Do whatever it takes to amaze her. Finding gifts for someone you like shouldn't be that hard." I kept my lips into a thin line. Someone Junmyen liked would beㅡ Irene, then.

"It's hard. You don't have the right to tell me that when you're in the same shoes as I am now."

"Whatever." I could imagine Chanyeol was rolling his eyes. "Who's going with you? Irene?" And I almost laughed. Why would Junmyeon ask Irene to buy a gift for.. Irene? Was Chanyeol on high because of the medicines or something? But I could smell there was something wrong with his tone.

Junmyeon answered leisurely, "Chorong." It sounded good. Whenever he speaks of my name like that, it really made my happiness from the core. My very whole existence finally had its meaning when he acknowledged my name.

They soon indulged in another serious low voice conversation for another seconds as I finally gathered my courage to open the door. Before someone caught me squatting in front of the door suspiciously, I better be the one to cut them off from the very mysterious talk. I quickly knocked on the doorㅡ making them to immediately keep quietㅡ and I peeked into the room first.

"Chorong!" Chanyeol's face was beaming with happiness once again when he landed his eyes onto me. "You came." He put away the guitar on his lap towards the other side of his bed. That must be the one they were using during the illegal jamming session.

"Of course, I came." I replied, putting the plastic bag onto the table beside his bed. "I was worried about you since you got sick while I wasn't looking."

"You're such an angel." He sighed dreamily and suddenly spread his arms in the air, "Can I hug you?"

"H-huh?" It was surprise, but Junmyeon was also blurting the same response as I was at the same time.

Chanyeol pouted when seeing that I was being sceptical over his request, "Maybe if I hug you, I'll be cured.. because you're my medicines." Rainbows and sparkles started to radiate from his body like some sort of unicorn.

"Uh-okay, just this once." I unconsciously let myself got away with his sparkling face and offered myself to be hugged by the giant guy. Totally forgot Junmyeon was there, too. But when he cleared his throat when the hug went a little bit longer, I finally regained my senses back. Oh, no. This one body should be reserved for Junmyeon only.

I awkwardly let out a short laugh to ease the atmosphere. "Anyways, where's Irene?"

"Restroom." Junmyeon answered.

"Oh." No wonder I couldn't find her. I then turned to Chanyeol, who was already looking at me with an expectant gaze. "When will you get discharged, Chanyeol?"

"This evening." He grinned. "When I get out from here, let's continue our date from yesterday!"

I shook my head, "Sorry, the offer is valid for one time only. If you want another, then you have to really win another tournament for real." Seriously, he wouldn't let me go off that easily, huh.

"I don't think I want to go out on a date because I win some game," He looked at me with an unreadable expression. "Let's go out for another reason. Remember what I told you? That I was serious?"

I stared at him for some time. That he was serious..

He did say he liked me..

"O-oh." A blush creeped onto my cheeks, adding some unexpected warmth to welcome on my skin embarrassedly.

"Look at that! You're blushing already." Chanyeol teasingly pointed, but he sounded very pleased with my reaction. "Did you see how cute Chorong is, Junmyeon?" He turned his joke onto Junmyeon who blankly stared off onto the space, trying to do his best do divert his attention away from us.

"Sorry, Chanyeol." I rubbed my cheeks to soothe down the redness. "Don't get your hopes too high.. I'm afraid you'll be facing an unrequited love for quite some time." As much as I hated to break it down for him, I didn't think it would be a good decision letting him hanging on the string alone.

"Don't worry!" However, Chanyeol's face only got more serious. "I still have time to grab your heart to be mine. Don't you think so, Junmyeon?" Gah, he kept on asking Junmyeon's opinion on everything!

"Urgh, I don't want to be associated with your love life." Junmyeon rolled his eyes in irritation. "Keep me out of it because I won't be helping you." He must had been annoyed at Chanyeol real bad over something I couldn't understand..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 549 21
"I promise you I will always be here for you from now on, I'm not leaving your side." You giggle a little from his statement. "Is this your own way o...
11.3K 890 60
"You used to be the one who warmed me in the chilly winter, but now, why are you being the cold winter?" - she "I tried my best to fight for us, for...
18.3K 625 30
Luhan gave her heart to Oh Sehun, the same heart that was torn into pieces by the man she loved first, trusting him to handle it with love and care...
2.6K 230 32
Lying is wrong. When you tell a lie for the sake of someone's feelings, it is not right rather compassionate. And is not compassion a form of LOVE...