Challenge The Inevitable

Autorstwa AFishGoesBlub

"Sometimes you just have to look back at life and admire the all great things you have done. That is until y... Więcej

Prologue
Life Ruined By Chicken
Life Ruined By A Letter
Life Ruined By Secrets
Life Ruined By Curious Strangers
Life Ruined By Puns
Life Ruined By Memories
Life Ruined By Embarrassment
Life Ruined By Uncertainty
Life Ruined By Trust
Ruined Life By Emotions
Life Ruined by Sleep
Life Ruined by Empathy
Life Ruined by Strong Reminders of the Past
Life Ruined by Pressure
Life Ruined by Avoidance
Life Ruined by Panic
Life Ruined by Worries
Life Ruined by Silence
Life Ruined by Ignorance
Life Ruined By Recurring Nightmares
Life Ruined By Salad
Life Ruined By Pain
Life Ruined By Rude Acting
Life Ruined By Eavesdropping

Life Ruined By My Gullible and Emotional Self

24 2 0
Autorstwa AFishGoesBlub

I run to the mattress and shove my face into it. I scream. Why do I always mess everything up?!

I hear a few footsteps growing louder. I need to remind myself that there are 6 other people living here and they can hear everything. I would have no doubt that my scream was louder than I expected. You know what, I don't even care anymore. I stand up pick up the nearest object and throw it at the window. It falls into a million pieces. Once again, there goes Luna, messing up everything that was ever good in her life. I jump through the window, not caring if any pieces of glass remain. I could get cut for all I care. When I start making a run for it, someone blocks my path and knocks me over. Jumping on top of me, they passionately kiss me. My eyes bulge out of me head and I pull away.

"CARTER! What are you doing!" I yell and immediately he covers my mouth with his hand.

"Shhhhh. It's meant to be." He whispers into my ear.

"You're absolutely insane! Look I'm seriously not in the mood." He starts to laugh. "What!? What's so funny!?"

"You're so gullible, Luna."

"Now what was the point of that!?"

"I'd thought I'd give you a try before you wandered off, now I know I can cross you off my list." I stare at him and roll my eyes.

"Well, thanks." I roll them again.

"Naw, but in all seriousness that was the only way to stop you"

"Ever thought of simply talking to me and or just picking me up and taking me back. Apparently, that's all people do around here, pick me up."

"Now that you mention it, I probably could have succeeded by doing that."

"What do you want anyways, can't you see that nobody wants me here?"

"You forgot Bruno, silly!"

"Wow, I can't believe you just said that. Just when you think people find you to possibly say goodbye. But thanks, didn't think to bring him with you?" I start to walk off again. "You know what, you can keep him, he probably doesn't want me like everyone else anyways." I feel myself sinking back into the depressant mood I called my life while living with Susan. This time though, I don't stop myself. It comes back all too quickly and I really don't care.

"Luna! Stop! Ryder needs you, just go give him kiss, it will prove my point."

"And if he rejects and flat out hates me?"

"Then you have me to date." Classic Carter.

"Well, I thought you crossed me off your list."

"Eh, you weren't too bad. I'd date ya!"

"Well that's reassuring and a little creepy."

"Shut up and just come back." He pulls me in for a side hug and wraps his arm around me as we walk back.

As we approach, I see the guys all in a circle. Ryder was facing us and I could see a glassy cover over his eyes. Was he crying? That can't be right. If I caused this, I will be so angry at myself for hurting him yet again. Carter rubs my back as we get closer and the guys look up. All except Ryder.

"He'll be fine, I promise Luna. He might just be a tincy bit embarrassed, I swear he's one tough dude, I reckon this is the first time he has ever cried. In front of me anyways." I smile, I've seen him cry once before, felt so bad for him. I just wanted to give him the most affection in the world. I frown, how did our connection drop so rapidly. Even though, it didn't seem like much to everyone else, it meant all the world to Ryder and I. We only needed the slightest amount of affection between us, that was all we needed given that our previous lives had the absence of love and compassion. We just somehow clicked.

"Look who's back!" Bryce exclaims. It looks like he woke everyone up. But, you guessed it, Ryder still had his head down. I think I really broke his heart. I look at Carter with craving eyes.

"I guess this is it then. Any advice, before I do this?" I question Carter.

"Be yourself."

"Wow. So much inspiration. Thanks alot."

I go over, trying to act as casual as I could manage. I take a seat on the floor next to Ryder and Carter sits beside me.

"Uh, hey". I awkwardly start talking with him but you guessed it, he doesn't look up. All the guys go back to whatever they were talking about before but I can tell Carter is silently listening to me to see if he has to step in.

"Alright, I'm done. Please don't be angry at me. I had every right to say what I did." I want to continue but don't know how. As I take a breath, Ryder speaks up.

"I know. It's just." He looks for the right words.

"Let me save you the speech. Would it be alright if I stayed? Please Ryder." He finally looks up.

"I can't just send you away like that. I care too much about you." He pauses. Where is he going with this? I stare into his eyes looking for a clue. "Over the past few years you've changed my life. I used to be a depressed mess. Now look at me. From the moment you walked past me I knew you were different. But you were also lost so I took you in. My dad broke something within me I never thought I could see again. But you... you brought me back to life." He sniffs. "But there's something you've got to understand. I know what it's like to lose everyone who cares about you. Your parents abandonment is just as devastating as mine. I hate to say this but I've kept in contact with your dad. He's the same person he was all those years ago and when he reached out I thought you needed that love in your life. I was just trying to help you."

"Ryder.. I don't understand. What are you talking about?" He ignores me.

"Today you really hurt my heart. I was reminded what it was like to be betrayed. That's when I realised. I can't help you. I'm nothing compared to the love you deserve. This is why you must go. I've organised a flight to Ireland so that you can start over with your dad, his new wife, and your new step-sister."

"Stop." The tears start to form in my eyes. "You've never told me why you have so much money. Would I be correct in saying it's not your money?" He sighs. "You told me how your family fell apart because of your brother. It's your dad's isn't it. Your dad tried to reach out to you and you denied it. He had finally come back to his senses but you wouldn't take it. The agreement you made was money provided by your father. Only later you realised that you needed to repair your relationship. So when my dad somehow wanted to connect with me you jumped at the opportunity. You couldn't do the right thing for yourself so you wanted to help me." He smiles with sorrowful eyes.

"You must go Luna. For me and for your own good." No.

"I can't leave you Ryder. I would hate myself for the rest of my life."

"You think I could live without you?"

"My god I love you Ryder." Yep, I went to the level. But I don't care.

"Well that sucks since I despise you." We both smile and I've got to admit my cheeks were hurting.

"Too bad for you then." And I pull him close to me. "Never leave me Ryder." We kiss passionately and all at once. It is as if the world has stopped and we are the only ones to exist. And I swear at that moment, we had experienced our own rehab. No longer would we have to weep over our problems, we would look at one another with gratitude. For the better or for worse, together we developed enough support to change seven lives, eight including Bruno. If that can't motivate us, I don't know what will.

In the near future, I'm not exactly sure what I will do. I might go to Ireland to live with my dad or I might stay here with Ryder. Either way, I do know for certain that I will never forget Ryder. People like him only come once in a century. Let's not forget Bruno or any of the guys. And I know throughout this conflicting experience I have lost someone within me that cannot be replaced. But guess what, I'm a new person now and I will never return to my old state. Because once you challenge the inevitable, there's no turning back. My mother, yes my mother, might not be happy with me saying this, but... if I had another chance in life, I'm positive that despite all my struggles, I would do it all again; the exact same way. #NoRegrets

- - - - - - - - -

So guys, I guess it's the end of Luna's story. From my heart I tell you;

Sorry for any silly mistakes. Until next time, over and out. BYES >_<

Like-Comment-Share&Whatnot

P.S. See ya at the next story

P.P.S Enjoy life 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

5.1M 120K 49
Easton was Luna's closest friend until a family tragedy tore them apart. Five years later, a mysterious invitation brings them back together - and Lu...
75 1 18
Luna knows when she wakes up something isn't right. Despite not remembering anything from her last day alive, she knows she's supposed to be dead; Th...
1.5M 57.8K 64
Some people merely adopt darkness, but she was born into it. Hiding every gloomy secret, covering all the lies, she walks through the life devoid of...
86.8K 1.7K 36
Arielle Cooper and Luna Winters are the same, yet so different. Opposites attract, but what if they truly aren't opposites in the end? Arielle has th...