Light in the Dark (Natsu x Re...

By _justendme_

Don't read this shit. Seriously. It's garbage I wrote when I was twelve. •• Life isn't a fairy tale. That was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
...

Chapter 19

4.3K 153 71
By _justendme_

(Y/N) kissed Haru. Or Haru kissed (Y/N), whatever. That didn't matter. Natsu felt a deep ache in his chest, one that he had never felt before. He couldn't bear to watch- he quickly turned back around and slipped out of the apartment.
***The Next Day***
Beep! Beep! Beep!
"Ugh..." You groaned, your hand reaching out and whacking the snooze button on your (f/c) digital alarm clock.
You felt crappy, the way you always felt on Monday mornings. You rolled over and hid your face in your pillow. Funny, you didn't remember it being red.
"Ooh, it has ears," you mumbled.
"Ew, you're drooling on me!" A high-pitched voice complained.
You reached for the tail stupidly. "Ermagerd, my pillow can tarlk-"
"How high are you?!" Saki snapped, you earning a paw to the face. She glared into your half-lidded, sleepy eyes before drifting away.
"How'd she get there, anyway?" You grumbled to yourself, tossing off what little bit of your throw blanket that was still on you. Yes, a throw blanket in summer. You had a hard time falling asleep without something covering most of your head (not your face, of course). You assumed it was because of the nightmare disorder your doctor from childhood had confirmed you had, before...you were kidnapped.
You sat up and rose, your messy hair getting in your face. You tripped over your blanket that had gotten on the floor, and landed with a thud. "Oof!" You felt a bit of pain in your knee, but you ignored it and got back up, already in a bad mood. 'Great way to start my favorite day of the week,' you thought sarcastically.
You heard shuffling around in the room next to yours and then footsteps. A certain blue-haired boy popped his head in the doorway. "(Y/N), everything alright?" He asked, nonchalant. How could he be? Your eyes met his. I'm going to make you see me as a man, whether you have feelings for me or not.
"(Y/N)-?"
Your face heated up, and he got a pillow thrown at his.

A little while after that, you had eaten breakfast and gotten dressed in light clothing. You walked out the door, heading to Fairy Tail. You needed money to pay for this month's rent.
As you walked you took in the cheerful glow of the sun, not a single cloud in the sky. You were careful not to get to close to the edge of the canal, not wanting a repeat of that time you almost fell in. No one would be there to catch you this time.
"Have you heard about what happened yesterday?" A man next to a news stand asked.
"About that attack? Of course I did," the man he was talking to replies grimly.
You happened to overhear the two talking, catching your attention.
The second one picks up a copy of the latest newspaper edition. "I mean, just look at this! They better find out who it is soon!"
You walked over to the news stand and asked, "Um, excuse me sirs, I don't mean to be rude, but what attacks?"
"You mean, you don't know?" The first man asked, looking surprised. You shook your head.
"Here." The second man handed you the copy he had been holding.
"Dangerous times..." Another man grunted, whom you assumed to be the one selling the papers.
The headline read: Fiore Times: Man Attacked by Mysterious Creature.
...another attack has happened, this man's wounds being quite similar to two other incidents this month. With two puncture marks on the side of his neck, this man looks like the victim of a vampire, beasts told of in legends and stars of many horror stories. The killer, believed to have caused the deaths of three other victims, has yet to be exposed. It may be the work of an animal, or someone imitating a bloodsucker as a disturbing joke.
"We just barely fit this in time for the deadline - it happened so suddenly," says journalist...a staff member of Fiore Times.
"Oh my gosh..." You muttered, not bothering to read the rest. "Thank you." You handed the magazine back to the man and hurried off before he could say anything, remembering that you had things to do. Plus, that kind of thing could easily spook you, which it did. You didn't want to know anymore.
You opened one of the doors a bit and slipped through, dodging a wooden chair that had come hurdling your way. It was lively as ever today. You smirked a bit, amused as you watched Gray and Natsu fighting each other.
"(Y/N), watch out!"
You turned just in time to see a table flying your way this time. You quickly flung up both arms to shield your face.
The table collided with your arms, the wood breaking upon impact, and splinters flew through the air.
There was a gasp as some heads turned.
Kill them.
Go away.
Oh, but I can't do that. I've always been part of you.
You ignored the voice in your head, which was starting to hurt, walking toward Natsu and Gray.
"U-um, (Y/N)? You look kinda scary..." Natsu gulped, blue lines forming on his head.
"We're sor - ugh!" You slammed their heads together, and let them fall to the ground with a thud.
Aww, there's no blood. Where's the fun in that?
Just shut the fuck up.
You smiled sweetly. "Now that those imbeciles have been dealt with..." You dusted off your hands as you muttered to no one in particular, "Time to pick a job!... But first a drink."

"Hey." You plopped down in a seat next to Natsu, holding a drink.
"Hey."
"So, did you hear about that whole vampire thing?"
Natsu turned his head toward you, interested. "No, what happened?"
"Some dude has two puncture wounds on his neck like a vampire bit him. That shit gives me the creeps but at the same time I find it intriguing."
"Ooh, that's kinda cool."
"I know, right? But I've actually never watched any vampire movies, except for Twilight. And I've read it. I'm too chicken to watch horror movies."
"Ugh, I've seen the movie," Natsu said with a sigh.
You laughed. "You watched it? I have a hard time picturing that."
"Hey, Lucy dragged me. I wasn't interested but she wouldn't take no for an answer."
"Yeah, the book wasn't exactly the best. I found it creepy the way Bella was always talking about how perfect Edward is. In the end, now that I think about it, I never finished it. The battered copy I won from the public library is just buried somewhere in my room. I used to like the movie, though."
"You won it?"
"Yeah, like a month ago I was part of a reading club. I quit though, it turned out to be stupid.... That book got me wondering - what is love?"
That caught Natsu off guard. "What do you mean?"
"Well, I've never been in love."
"You haven't?" He looked surprised.
"Nah. I mean, I heard when you like someone your heart beats faster and you feel happier around them. The only one who makes me feel that way is you."
"N-nani?!" Natsu's eyes widened and he was really surprised now. His heart started beating faster. 'How does she say that with a straight face? Does she mean-?'
"But my heart beating a bit faster probably must be because you annoy me sometimes."
Natsu opened his mouth to say something, insulted, but you cut him off.
"But I really do feel happy around you. You're my best friend!" You smiled at him and ruffled his hair affectionately.
Natsu's face reddened as he lifted a hand to his hair, but you didn't notice (of course...).
"Oh yeah, that reminds me - do you like someone?" You asked with a grin.
"W-why would you think that?" 'Dammit, why did I stutter?'
"Because you're lost in thought a lot, and sometimes I catch you just smiling to yourself with a blush across your face."
"He does~," a high-pitched voice sang as a blue thing flew past.
"Damn you, Happy!"
"I knew it," you giggled.
"No, you've got it wrong!" Natsu denied, embarrassed.
"Well, I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but go get 'em! Ah, I guess I'm just a late bloomer."
"Are you sure about that?" Natsu said doubtfully, his eyes wandering down to your chest. "You've got big sisters."
A vein popped on your head. "Don't stare at my boobs!" You kicked him in the shin.
"Oww!" He whined.
"Serves you right, pervert."
'Pervert...?!'
You chugged your water and got up to return the glass. As you placed it on the counter Erza called, "(Y/N)?" She was walking toward you, holding a paper in her hand.
"Yes?"
"Lucy and I are going on a mission. You said you needed money for rent, right?"
You nodded.
"Here. This job pays a good price." She handed you the paper.
The first thing you noticed was the reward money. One million Jewels. "No kidding..." You muttered, your eyes skimming the slightly worn paper. It wasn't anything too crazy, just to find a missing girl. Curious of what the location was, you searched for it until you found it. "Aelburn Town..." You read aloud, inhaling sharply.
"(Y/N), are you alright?" Erza asked, looking concerned. "You're a bit pale."
"I'm...fine." You tore your eyes away from the paper to look up at her and you smiled. "Thanks for the offer. I'll come with you guys."
Her eyes scanned your face before she returned the smile. "You're welcome. We'll leave the day after tomorrow." She turned to walk away. "Oh, and-" she looked back with a grin "-ask Natsu if he wants to come. Gray as well."
"Okay." You walked back over to the table where Natsu was still sitting. "Oi, Pinky."
"Who're you calling Pinky?" He grumbled, his words coming out a bit muffled due to his head being facedown on the table.
"You, Tomato Boy."
"Whaddya want?" He lifted his head, his face forming a cute pout. "I'm not Pinky, or Tomato Boy."
You spaced out, staring at him. "Uh-huh..." Then you snapped out of it. "So I was wondering, do you wanna take on a job with Erza, Lucy, and me? I still need to ask Gray."
"Can I see the paper?"
"Yeah, here." You handed it to him.
He read it quickly and said, "Sure. I could use the money."
"'Kay." You smiled, realizing you were actually relieved that your best friend was coming with you.

The next night, Natsu was lying on his bed. He couldn't get (Y/N) out of his head. It was a bit frustrating how he always seemed to look stupid in front of her.
I've never been in love.
(Y/N) looked like she was telling the truth. But, that kiss...
Happy sighed. "Thinking about that again, are you? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Haru was the one to kiss (Y/N), and that wasn't what she wanted at all?"
Natsu stayed silent.
"It's not like you to just back off. You're usually annoyingly persistent. She said she didn't like anyone. If that's true, then that means she doesn't like Haru. Just think about it."

"That's the last bag," you muttered.
Saki was lying on a black, cushioned chair, sleeping peacefully.
You smiled at her, but your mind drifted to the job. To the town of Aelburn.
Blood... Screaming... A life taken...
Your hands flew to your head as more pain came, sliding down the (f/c) wall.
You were finally going back - back to your hometown where it all began - all of the misery and suffering.

"I must say, she's just as you said, Milord. And quite the beauty as well."
"Ah, and do you think this will work?"
"I'm sure that she'll react to the bite in someway. A way different from humans."
There was a wicked laugh. "Good, good. This will be interesting. What will you do, (Y/N)?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey, Happy Fourth of July everybody! Tbh I completely forgot about it lol. Now I feel bad because I didn't realize that it's America's birthday (Hetalia!). (I never remembered what we were celebrating XD.) Anyway, I'm sorry this update was late. I know I said I would update within a week, but things came up and for a while I never got the chance to write. And when I did, I was either too lazy to even try or my mind would be blank and I would forget what I'm supposed to be writing. I meant to make this chapter longer but that would mean you guys would have to wait longer for another update, and plus this seemed like a good place to end the chapter. I'm sorry if it was boring, the next one will be more interesting . (Probably.) And as always, please remember to vote and/or comment if you like this story, the feedback really does help me out and I would appreciate it. If you do like this story, feel free to add it to your library. And if you follow me I'll follow back, just probably not right away, considering I'm not very active on Wattpad. If you guys have any questions, like there's something that you don't understand, pm me or comment and I'll do my best to answer it if it's something that doesn't spoil the story. If it does, I won't answer. Though tbh I doubt there'll be anything in here to confuse you, and if there is, like the whole thing about voices inside of Reader-chan's head, you're not supposed to really understand. And I completely forgot about the Watty 2015 thingy, I had been thinking of entering this story... Whatever XD
Okayyy, I'll just go now before this author's note turns into an essay and I bore you to death with my not-so-interesting otaku/fangirl life. (And I'll try to make notes shorter in the future.)
Bye~ ;p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 49 7
Fairy tail story. Written from your perspective. Your a girl with a horrible past. You didn't do anything wrong but you've been through hell. Everyth...
64.9K 1.6K 15
Fairytail FanFiction!!!! Natsu and happy go on a mysterious mission that no one knows much about. All they know is that it was directed for Natsu Dra...
324K 11.8K 55
"Look Mira-nee, if Natsu had a twin sister, wouldn't she be cute?" Lissana asked Mirajane while she made some small pigtails on Natsu's hair. "Hahaha...
82.2K 1.9K 22
It took Lucy and Natsu years to finally admit their feelings for each other. And once that happened they whole-heartidly believed they got their hap...