In You (A BounPrem AU)

By bounpremASMR

Boun had a girlfriend of eight years - they had planned their future together; adopting dogs, getting their o... More

CHARACTERS
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII
XIX
XX

XVII

343 25 10
By bounpremASMR

"Sorry, Dear. Really, I am. But I've already found someone who will rent this space. And they were able to pay for three months advance. Sorry." Ms. Frances, my landlord explains as she checks my, well, my ex apartment now I guess. She's got a huge set of keys on one hand and a clipboard on the other.

My stuff are already packed, actually. Some of my clothes are already in Samantha's place, some are in Earth's, a few others in Flukes. 

Lately, my life's been feeling like a messy puzzle. Actually, that's an understatement. 

What can be used to describe something that's so messy? So scattered?

"Yeah, no, um, I get it." I mumbled with a smile, putting packaging tape over the lid of yet again, another box with my stuff in it. Ms. Frances has been a very nice and considerate land lord. I didn't want to make a fuss about, well, basically getting kicked out. I was way behind my rent, most of the time, anyway.

For someone who doesn't have (and never had) a definite place to live in, I sure do have a lot of stuff. I may be called a hoarder by some but in my defense, I'm just a very sentimental person. I find it hard to just throw away stuff.

Movie tickets from 3 years ago when Sam and I went to the movies when she dragged me because she liked the actors? I still have it here with me. (8/10 by the way. I ended up liking both actors - Win and Janella are their names, if I remember it correctly. But I didn't like the ending of the movie).

Ikea receipt from last year when I purchased my green bedside table? I still have it here. It's a purchase that I'm proud of. I bought it when I got my Christmas bonus. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away.

Books and school notes from high school? Yup, still here with me. Who knows, I might still need these for reference some day.

A big purple paper clip from high school? Nothing significant about it. I just grabbed it from a teacher's table when got called to the faculty. It looks cute, though, so I kept it. 

A limited edition Coca-Cola bottle from 8 years ago? Why did I get this? I don't know. But the "limited edition" branding was too inviting, I just had to get one. Also, the design is quite cute.

A bunch of polaroid films and photo booth copies from different times of our lives? All of us looking either goofy, tired, or even drunk. I like looking at them from time to time. Reminiscing the days that the four of us were just being reckless, spending so much time together as if we were attached to the hip.

A bunch of either mindless or cute little love notes? I kept them all. Regardless of what might be in them - I can't bring myself to just get rid of them.

Trinkets. That's what people would call the majority of the stuff that I keep in various old shoe boxes or even recycled skincare containers.

Sentiments. That's a more fitting word, I think.

Besides, I like keeping stuff that makes me feel - less alone.

"Okay. All good." My landlord sighs. "You really kept the place in good condition." She says, looking the entire place over for the last time, a smile on her face. A comforting one, actually. She looks like she feels bad for kicking me out but, well, it's not her fault, really.

I offered her a bright smile, as usual. "Of course. I love this place." I say and she approaches me, engulfing me in a tight hug. A hug that I feel whenever Sam hugs me - a hug from a sister, somewhat.

"Oh, you're making me feel bad!" She says as I feel her patting my back, consoling me.

"Ah, no, I didn't mean it that way, Ms. Fra! I'm so so so thankful, really." 

She pushes herself away from me, both her hands now on my shoulders, looking at me straight to my eyes, downward smile present on her ever so bright face. "I'll miss my favorite tenant." She coos. I almost felt myself tearing up a bit. 

"You mean you'll miss my baking?" I tease her and she laughs.

"Hey, that's just a bonus! You know you're like a little brother to me now." She nudges me as she rolls her eyes in effect. Whenever I have time to bake some pastries, I always make sure to bring her some. A thanks for her patience and how much she has been putting up with me.

She really has been such a nice landlord, really. The thing is, she's somewhat  managing the apartment building for a relative who lives in the States. "You know that I would keep you here if I can, right?" She ways and I nod solemnly. "It's just that-"

"You've been too generous, Ms. Fra. I couldn't thank you enough, really." She doesn't have that much of a say since she's just managing for her relative. Her relative actually asked her to kick me out since they had noticed that my record when it came to paying my rent wasn't good. 

She sighs, patting my head. "I'll leave you to it, then. Don't be a stranger, okay?" 

I nodded enthusiastically. "Of course! I'll visit you and Oreo from time to time, too." I say, thinking back to her little shih tzu that I grew fond of. The little dog hated me at first - always barking with just the mere sound of my shoes approaching her office. But eventually, Oreo got used to me. Now he's running towards me and greets me with kisses and enthusiastic jumps.

"More like, visiting me just because of Oreo." She rolls her eyes playfully, a smile on her face.

"Thanks so much, Ms. Fra. Really." I say as she approaches the door. "The remaining one month payment I'll-"

"Yes, you'll give it by the end of next month. Don't worry about that. I can cover for that one." She reassures me and I can't help but to feel so thankful for her. She's too kind, I'm really going to miss her.

"Thanks, Ms. Fra." With a final small wave, she steps out of the door, leaving me along with all the boxes that I have yet to haul. 

I sigh, feeling so exhausted already. I've been on edge lately. I've been staying at Sam's the past five days and tonight will be my last night staying there since her parents' will be back from work on the weekend and obviously I can't stay there. I'd hate to impose and overstay. Don't get me wrong -  Mr. and Mrs. Coates are nice people - they've been very nice to me ever since I've met them but I just don't want take up space in their house.

Same with Fluke and Earth. Those two are always out late, studying. They go home tired as hell. I wouldn't want to be the one to break their home's peace by being there. They offered me their place to stay in but I just couldn't.

I instead found out that some of our block mates live together in a dorm. Four of them live in a room, one person moved out about a month ago so they have a spare space for me. I can imagine it being a tight space since I'd be living with four other people but at least the rent wouldn't be that heavy since we'll be splitting it to five people. I'm sure I'd be able to adjust eventually.

I'm stacking up some of the boxes that I'd be bringing to Fluke's place tomorrow when I hear a knock on the door. Almost immediately, my head snapped towards the direction of the front door. I didn't close the door behind Ms. Frances a while ago so I instantly have a clear view of who knocked.

"Um, hi?" Boun greets with a small smile, waving a little. I was stuck looking at him, holding my position of sitting on the floor, packaging tape on one hand and a small box on the other. "Need a hand?" He asks, looking over the messy room.

A while ago I wouldn't have described this place as messy because I did whatever I could to be as organized as I can while packing. But suddenly, with Boun in the entrance of my now ex apartment, I suddenly feel so so messy and scattered.

"I-" I got up from the floor, dusting my pants off in the process. I bit my lip, frazzled by just his sudden appearance. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

He offers me another smile - clear as day. "Just thought I should pay you a visit." He says.

"Ah. I- well, I'm kind of.." I drifted off, feeling the heat rising up to my cheeks. Suddenly, I feel even more embarrassed. I can't bring myself to say that I got evicted.

"I can help." He says, still holding that charming smile of his. Reassuring smile.

"Oh, I don't want to be a bother.."

"No, I'm glad to help." He says simply. "May I?"

A lost puppy. That's how anyone would describe me if they were to see me in this exact situation as I nod my head without so much of a thought. 

It didn't take too much to convince me, huh?

--------

Ah yes your favorite writer who frequently ghosts you is back (me, that's me).

I wrote this in a whim. Sorry if it isn't much:<

Anyway, hope you still like it! Drop some comments and nice word por favor ໒(⊙ᴗ⊙)७✎▤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 4.8K 36
When 3rd year business student, Win falls for 1st year kid ,Team, things take an unexpected turn as Team's gruesome past keeps coming back to him...
29.6K 1K 10
What if Team hates Win since his childhood because Win was always a burden to him ... What if these intense hate of Team results in Win's hatred tow...
18.3K 946 37
BounPrem fanfic ❤ Started 3/11/22 Finished 3/23/22 * * *These are completely my own made up characters* * * Moon (Prem) is a modest, hardworking guy...
38K 717 6
𝑨𝒏 𝑬𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 ❤️‍🔥