Alpha King Xavier

By Debbietsokolate

Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for yea... More

Chapter 1: Mine!
Chapter 2: Trap
Chapter 3: With the Alpha
chapter 4: The pain
Chapter 5: Mystery
Chapter 6: What duty?
Chapter 7: Orders
Chapter 8: Claimed by the Alpha
Chapter 9: Torture
Chapter 10: Mistaken
Chapter 11: The Horse Ride
Chapter 12: Lust and Desire
Chapter 13: Meet the Alphas
Chapter 14: Fueled
Chapter 16: Triggered
Chapter 17: Hidden Truth
Chapter 18: Struggles
Chapter 19: Impossible mission
Chapter 20: perfect plan
Chapter 21: Alpha's wrath
Chapter 22: The organiser
Chapter 23: Flash of images
Chapter 24: Mark her!
Chapter 25: A decision to make
Chapter 26: Failure
Chapter 27: No one
Chapter 28: Lisbeth dies
Chapter 29: Decree
Chapter 30: A plan

Chapter 15: A shocker

103 8 2
By Debbietsokolate

Autumn

A gasp escaped my throat as Xavier pulled back and smiled like nothing happened like he didn't just threaten me.

Does he think I'm the goddess reincarnation? How does he expect me to do it? I am not even done with the training and he wants me to act impeccably in front of the Alphas.

Isn't this like signing my death warrant?

“Let's go,” he mutters, suddenly pulling me out of my thoughts.

I release a sigh and step out of the room with him.

We walk through the hallway, with the maids walking right behind us.

“Do you remember that your parents are coming tomorrow?” Xavier started, probably trying to lessen the situation around us. The air feels so thick around us anyway.

But it didn't help. Instead, it make me feel even more nervous. If Gwen's parents are coming tomorrow, doesn't that mean I have to perfect my role today?

Also, If I don't know better, I would say the Alphas merely want to say hi but there’s more to it.

I was eventually able to get some words out of Elixir the other time. The Alphas are here because obviously, they are also doubting me.

That aside, a lot of rumours are currently trending in the pack.

So, I know the importance of this meeting going well and why Xavier would threaten me. I just don't deserve it.

“Yes, I still remember,” I responded quickly. “I miss them anyways.”

Xavier made a crack of laughter and I was forced to look up at him. This was my first time hearing him laugh.

Laughing and smiling really fit him.

His right arm suddenly went around my body and pulled me closer to him playfully. “Are you trying to say you can't wait to be with them? Do you want to leave me?”

I'm amazed by his playfulness. Even though he was merely acting, I can't help but think this was how he has always been with Gwen, whereas he acts like a demon god with others and me precisely.

“Tell me,” he whined, stopping me in my tracks suddenly.

I was forced to look at him, at the slightly raised brows, and the way he contoured his mouth as he teased me harder.

“You will miss me so much if you leave.”

I regard him for a moment, and thoughts twirl in me in some sort of crazy confusion. If he wasn't an Alpha king, I would lean on my toes right now and kiss him.

And I did!

Fuck! I must be going insane!

When I look at the maids, they seem to be blushing and whispering words amidst them. This will definitely create nice gossip.

‘Gwen kissed Xavier on the way to meet the Alphas’

When I looked up at Xavier again, I realised with happiness that his expression hadn't changed. He was still smiling. This means I'm not in trouble after all.

But I should remind myself not to do such a thing again.

“I will miss you so much,” I mutter and look away quickly.

My heart skips a beat and starts hammering wildly in my chest.

We take a turn in the hallway suddenly and my heart almost stops beating. I don't know how I'm supposed to do this and the mere thought of it is breaking me.

I really don't think I can do it. No, I think I will fumble and Xavier will behead me.

The mere thought of it makes me shiver.

We approached a big iron gate and I instantly knew that was where we were going.

We stopped briefly in front of the door as the guards bowed slightly and opened the big door.

My heart was breathing hard and faster now that I could barely hear my thoughts.

A warm hand reached for mine suddenly, shocking me.

I was forced to look up at the Alpha, wondering what he was doing.

Our gaze met and held instantly. He wasn't wearing that usual frown. He looked relaxed and happy.

He seemed to be assuring me that everything would be right. Well, it doesn't matter if that wasn't what he meant, all that matters was that it felt like it.

Xavier's hand tightened slightly around mine, and electric shock coursed through me.

“Let's go,” he mouthed and finally looked away.

I watched his jawline for a moment and eventually stepped inside with him.

The group of Alphas that seemed to be talking went silent as we stepped inside and they concentrated their attention on me.

“The Alphas seemed to be majorly concerned about my Luna,” Xavier said suddenly as they approached them.

“The Luna is a matter of the whole kingdom. Of course, we are.”

Xavier looked over at the Alpha that just responded. “That was why you would disrupt my nice time with her? I'm not supposed to enjoy quality time with her?” He sounded a bit upset or maybe he was just faking it.

“No!” Someone else responded. “Well, we had news that the Luna was ambushed. So, we had to confirm she's fine,” he muttered and his gaze found mine. “Are you?”

I held his gaze for a few seconds and realised that every other person was focusing on me.

“I'm fine, Philip. But I'm slightly offended that you will want to disrupt the fun I'm having with the Alpha King.”

I literally felt Xavier's head turned towards me. I caught him off guard.

While he was busy threatening me, he forgot to let me in on things I was supposed to know about all the Alphas, including their names and how I was supposed to handle them.

Fortunately for me, I had a few moments with Elixir.

My gaze searched the Alphas’ faces for a moment.

“Or do you think the Alpha wouldn't let you all know if something bad has really happened?” I look back at Philip. “Do you?” I inquired, giving him back a taste of his own medicine.

Philip was the one always sitting on the fourth seat on Xavier's left side. When I saw the Alpha big seat, I was able to make my quick calculation.

Besides, he has a large mark that stretched across his face. It extended from the side of his left cheek, towards his eyes, stopping briefly over his eyes to continue over his brow.

Elixir said he had once fought Xavier for his position. In this case, he would definitely be the first Alpha to benefit from the war.

A rip of laughter sounded around the room, lifting the heavy air in the room. “That shouldn't come as an offence, Luna. He's merely watching out for you,” Augustine explained.

Elixir made a list for me and I had to cram it. Five Alphas by the right side while six Alphas were on Xavier's left side.

Left side- LAMPIC

Right side- SOMOL

Simply put, all the Alphas on the right side have been with the pack before Xavier’s father even passed away.

The ones by the left side were those that were either forced or threatened to be under Xavier's pack. It was just like what Xavier did to my father. If he wasn't stubborn, he would have been under Xavier's pack as well.

So, obviously, the Alphas on the left side would be the one responsible for Gwen's disappearance. I just don't know the reason why Xavier isn't seeing that.

“Yes, Luna. It was harmless,” Cindy supported.

Xavier squeezed my hand slightly, bringing me back to the fact that he was still holding my hand.

The warmth I feel is incomparable.

“The Luna was really ambushed,” Xavier started suddenly. “And the culprit is sitting in my prison at the moment.”

My head jerked back. What!

“Who?” Owen or maybe Oliver asks.

“Anthony of the Moon-like pack.”

What!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 549 20
Forgotten Omega Sera's life takes a dramatic turn when a powerful Alpha from the strongest pack claims her as his mate. But before she can become his...
20.7K 331 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
386K 10.2K 23
"Your mine," I tell her, trying to control my breathing. "As your mine." She whispers back, her sweet breath fanning across my face. We smile goofily...
51K 2.1K 33
"Don't lose hope Isabella, and I won't lose you" **** Ever since her mother died, her father has abused her. She thought she was saved when she met...