linger | quinn hughes

By blond43d

。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she w... More

𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿
𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

2.5K 109 79
By blond43d

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲
mr & ms hughes !

four months later...

devon was so anxious she felt like she could explode.

when she and quinn agreed to have their weeding fast she didn't think she would actually end up stressing.

jule, molly and trev had immediately jumped at the idea of planning their wedding for them, insisting that they wouldn't have to worry for a thing, and they hadn't.

but today was the day, and devon was stressed as fuck.

"honey, you have to calm down. everything's going great, everyone's great" laura said in a reassuring tone as she crouched in front of devon who was sitting down with her head on her hands.

"no mom you don't get it. you can't be so sure" she murmured quietly, her breathing elevating by the second.

she was actually freaking out so bad she was afraid she was gonna get an anxiety attack. deep down, she knew she had absolutely nothing to worry about. of course she didn't, it was quinn she was talking about, but that unrelenting feeling was always there in the back of her mind.

"lynn, you're not making any sense"

"are you having second thoughts?" jule asked as he paced in the room.

currently it was only them three, molly and sunny were absolutely nowhere to be seen and devon's state was freaking julien out. they were like co-dependent twins. if one was sad, the other one was. if one was anxious, the other was too.

"what? are you fucking kidding me? of course i'm fucking not you asshole!" devon exclaimed as she suddenly stood up and started pacing the room the exact way julien was.

"relax! i was just saying" he murmured, starting to bite his nails in nervousness.

"he's gonna regret marrying me mom. all my baggage is too heavy and he's gonna find someone better. oh my god, what if he doesn't even show up!" she ranted as she started picking at her dress. she was supposed to go out in less than twenty minutes and she was freaking the fuck out.

"i'm gonna go find quinn" jule said without waiting for anyone to stop him. laura was not helping, he obviously wasn't helping and no one was here. he knew quinn was gonna help, he knew she needed her boyfriend right now.

"devy, dev, stop talking out of your ass right now. you know he loves you endlessly and you know you're the only person for him" laura exclaimed as she grabbed her daughter's cheeks and prompted her to a stop "where is this coming from, honey?" she furrowed her brows, feeling her chest tighten at how out of it devon looked.

"i have a big secret" devon whispered with her a thin layer of water covering her eyes "so big, and i haven't told him"

"quinn's here!" jule yelled as he walked into the room, with quinn fast on his toes.

laura immediately turned around and tried to cover devon's body as best as she could "stop! he can't see her!"

"what happened? is she okay? what did you do to her?" quinn immediately asked, disregarding laura's warning as he tried to catch a glimpse of his girlfriend and make sure she was fine but julien had taken the role of blocking his view, just then remembering it was their weeding, and the groom wasn't supposed to see the bride beforehand.

"i didn't do shit!" julien immediately defended himself, raising his arms in the air as he stood in front of the hockey player.

"okay, let's leave the room, you too quinn" laura said with finality in her tone, grabbing jule by the shoulders to steer him away.

"but she needs me!" quinn immediately refused, quite literally looking like a child ready to throw a tantrum.

"ouside the door. you can't see her yet, it's bad luck" laura said, leaving no room for argument as she once again grabbed the boy's shoulders and pulled him away.

"fine" he grumbled, walking out the room and closing the door behind himself, immediately sitting down and resting against it, badly needing to make sure devon wasn't having second thoughts "what's going on baby?"

"i'm nervous" she whispered as she sat down and leaned on the door, half hoping he wouldn't be able to hear her through the wood but somehow he did, he always did.

"about what?" he asked, almost in the same tone as she did. he was fucking terrified she was regretting it. he was terrified she was regretting doing it so fast, just a few weeks before the playoffs season started. he was terrified she was regretting marrying him.

"fucking it all up" she said in the tone she always had when she was trying hard to not cry. a tone quinn hated to recognize.

"you have nothing to worry about. even if you fuck up, or if i fuck up, we'll figure it out, cause our love is bigger than that" quinn said in a reassuring tone, needing this weeding to get over with just so he could be in the comfort of her arms again, to just be them.

"i have something to tell you" she said suddenly, closing her eyes and taping her fingers on her knees.

"go for it"

devon swallowd anxiously, trying to summon all the bravery she had on her body to utter the words she was terrified of saying "i'm pregnant"

"what!" quinn immediately yelled, standing up so quick he almost tripped over his own feet "fuck off!" he exclaimed, his voice so loud she was worrired he would just leave. and she thought he did when the next few seconds were silent. until the door opened with her still leaning on it.

"what are you doing!" she exclaimed as she stood up and closed the door on his face, leaning her weight on it to try and stop him.

"open the door" he calmly said, trying the doorknob again. they both knew that if he really wanted to, he could easily open the door but he didn't want to hurt her, now less than ever.

"you can't see me!" she reminded weakly, half trying to respect her mothers wishes, and half wanting to avoid seeing quinn in fear of his reaction.

"open the door, devon" he repeated but when she made no move, he gently pushed it open and entered the room with his hand over his eyes.

"wha- what are you?" she mumbled as she stared at him with wide eyes, her eyes getting impossibly bigger once quinn stamped his lips over hers.

quinn, with his hand tightly pressed against his eyes, grabbed her face once he was close enough and not able to actually catch a peak. dumping all his feelings, all his love into the kiss.

after a while, they slowly pulled away, quinn quickly grabbing her waist to hug her to his body and be able to take his hand off and breathe. just breathe her in "you're pregnant" he whispered, moving one of his hands to the back of her head, brushing her hair gently as his eyes got teary.

"i'm pregnant" she repeated in the same tone as him, the tears finally falling down her eyes when the emotion became too unavoidable.

"when did you find out?" he asked as he started leaving sweet kisses on her neck to hide the tremble of his lips.

it was his wedding day, he was marrying the girl of his dreams, the girl he had wanted to marry for ten years, the girl he wanted a family with and grow old together and now it was finally coming true, all of it. all his wishes came true.

"like a week ago. i'm like a month and a half along" she said as she hugged his body impossibly tighter to her "wha- baby, don't cry. why are you crying?" she muttered as she felt the droplets fall into her neck and his body start to shake.

"i'm gonna be a dad. we're gonna be parents" he laughed through his tears, the surprise of it all still deep in his voice. he never thought this day would get any better, and she managed to make it even more perfect.

"we are, we so fucking are"

"i love you. i love you devon"

"let's get fucking married, yeah?"

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the ceremony had been beautiful and the second they stepped foot in the party, there was not a single person that could separate them. they didn't even bother to try.

quinn was literally clinging to devon the whole night. attending her, making sure she was okay, grabbing her hand, looking at her lovingly when she was talking with somebody else.

she was finally his wife, after years of dreaming it, years of yearning it. it finally happened and they were absolutely ecstatic.

the newlyweds were happily eating and talking with each other when the noise of the microphone interrupted them, making them look forward to the small stage and see julien standing in it with a huge grin "everyone, i'm julien, the bride's brother, groomsman and also planner of the wedding, your welcome. thank you to everyone who was able to come and celebrate this special day but, my favorite part of the night has come and i'll be the first one to start, the speeches" julien spoke into the microphone as he stood infront of all the guests with a glass of champagne in hand. he was definitely a little buzzed, so it just made quinn and dev a tad bit nervous.

"we're screwed" devon mumbled into her husband's ear, making him chuckle in response, though he agreed.

"the moment i met quinn and i saw the way he looked at dev when he thought no one was looking was the day i knew they were gonna end up together. the way you looked at her was the most pure form of love i had ever seen and i remember that growing up i always wished for a love like yours. i'm so happy you guys finally got your happy ending and i'm more happy that i get to officially call you my brother now" jule said, making quinn's and dev's heart swell in affection. jule wasn't one to get overly affectionate in public so for him to say such sweet words to them made it a much more special moment "to the couple!" he grinned as he lifted his glass.

sunny walked up the steps of the little stage, grabbing the microphone with an almost devilish smile "i met devon when she was a single, miserable thing" she started, earning laughs from the whole crowd which just made devon want to hit sunny hard "a little later i learned she had parted ways with her dumbass ex and had recently moved to new york" sunny said, prompting quinn to give his wife an apologetic smile and kiss her cheek sweetly, squeezing her hand in his "the way she spoke about her asshole ex was a way i had never heard anyone talk about another human being. it was so, raw so, pure. even if they had broken up two years or so prior, she still talked about him fondly and when i met him i understood why. even though i still kinda hated him for hurting dev, i knew why devon loved him so much. to see how far you've grown from the devon i met to the devon you are now makes me isnanely happy, cause you deserve the best in this world. i love you guys so much, and quinn, if you ever hurt her again i will hunt you down" sunny finished, her threat making everyone laugh, except for quinn, who knew for a fact that her threat wasn't a joke.

"hi, i'm trevor zegras, the bride and grooms best friend" he grinned widely as he took the stage, looking awfully comfortable under the spotlight.

"false" quinn immediately interjected, making the crowd laugh though trevor didn't give a shit.

"I'm gonna keep it simple cause i know luke wants to go next. i'm so happy to have been blessed to know you guys. to see your relationship grow overtime and to see you guys now here, sharing the same last name is truly an honor. i know you guys have a bright future together and hope that a niece or nephew comes soon cause i wanna be an uncle" he finished cheekily, prompting the couple to share secret smiles and kiss sweetely.

when devon saw luke start to walk up the stage, she squeezed quinn's hand excitedly, giving his younger brother the utmost attention as the younger hughes' somewhat nervously stood in front of the microphone "you were my example of love for many years. growing up watching my big brother fall more and more in love with you was a sweet, though disgusting at the time, experience" luke said, making devon's eyes water slightly at his heartfelt words. to hear she had been some sort of role model was truly and honor "i think jack, and mom and dad, can agree with me when i say that it was the funniest thing watching you be miserable when you broke up with her" luke smirked as he talked directly to his brother, internally laughing when he saw quinn's face get red with embarrassment.

"hell yeah it was!" jack exclaimed from somewhere in the crowd, making them all laugh even more.

"though it definitely took you longer than we thought, we knew you would eventually find your way back to each other. there's no quinn without dev and there's no dev without quinn. i love you guys, to the hughes'!"

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

liked by jackhughes and others
tagged _quinnhughes

username BOYS WE JUST LOST

juleyork_ IM SOOOOSOSOSOS HAPPY💗💗💗💗💗💗💗
— view all replies
sunnylight he's been crying for hours
juleyork_ SO WHAT😭😭😭

username WHEN DID THEY EVEN GET ENGAGED

_quinnhughes i love u ms hughes💗
liked by author

username THE DRESS IS SO FUCKING PRETTY

username literally fairytale like

username remember when we thought they were done for, yeahhhh

username everyone thank that random ass twitter account🙏
— view all replies
trevorzegras THANK YOU

molly_p LOVE YOU GUYS💗💗💗💗
liked by author

lhughes_06 i love u sis
liked by author

_quinnhughes

● ○

liked by _eliaspettersson and others
_quinnhughes til the end of time
tagged heyitsdevon

username STOPPPPO

username MOTHER AND FATHER GOT MARRIEDDDDDDD

username WHAT THE FUCK

heyitsdevon i love u mr hughes💗
liked by author

username IM SO HAPPY RNNN

trevorzegras im gonna cry

username no way quinn got her to marry him😭😭

jackhughes TO THE HUGHES🗣️💗💗

username SHES DEVON HUGHES NOW

bradytkachuck genuinely bawling my eyes out

username unbelievable

username THE PICTURESSS IM GONNA DIE

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

one year later...

playoffs season was an exciting time, specifically for the teams that actually qualified, and the canucks hadn't been an exception.

after winning the stanley cup last year, the team had qualified once again for the event and it was safe to say that the hughes were happier than ever.

devon was nervous to step into the arena. she wouldn't be watching the game from the stands, instead going to some room quinn had set up for her with a big tv and the comfort of a big couch. as much as she wanted to be out there with the crowd and share that experience with the fans, she had a six month old baby to think of and it would definitely be better for everyone if the baby stayed away from all that ruckus.

she calmly walked down the tunnel, silently hoping to not encounter anyone as to not disturb the sleeping baby on her chest. devon got closer to the locker room with one goal in mind, see her husband.

she saw rick tocchet talking with some of the assistants outside of the room so she quickly asked him if she was safe to enter which he happily accepted to and prompted her to follow him.

"ms hughes is here!" someone yelled from the back, probably dak, as she entered the room sheepishly while some of the guys stopped what they were doing to say some brief hello's to the woman.

"hey guys! would someone please tell me where my husband is?" she said happily as garly walked closer to her and started silently cooing at the baby comfortably asleep on the baby carrier.

"hey baby" quinn greeted with a small but bright smile on his face, leaving a quick peck on her lips and leaning one of his hands on her waist, watching down lovingly at her.

while usually he didn't like doing pda, much less in front of his teammates, he had long ago stopped giving a fuck. she was his wife, the mother of his child and the love of his life. he would say and do all the cheesy shit he wanted when he wanted.

"how's my baby?" quinn asked as he watched his teammates fuss over his baby, feeling complete and utter happiness at his current life.

"reveling in all the attention your teammates give her, apparently" devon mused as she watched the baby awaken and smile gumily at the silly faces garly was doing.

"she's just too cute. don't even know how's she's related to him" brock teased as he got closer and happily lifted the baby from the carrier and into his arms, fussing over her like everyone did when they were nearby.

devon laughed cheekily at his comment as quinn tried to supress his smile, instead just sighing in fake annoyance "give me my daughter, man"

"fine captain grumpy" brock said in a baby voice as he carefully placed the baby in quinn's arms, quinn immediately grabbing the back of his daughter's head with his hand and swiftly grabbing the baby bag devon had on her shoulder and putting it on his as he usually did.

it had been routine ever since the baby was born. quinn always insisted in carrying the baby's stuff, claiming devon had done more than enough carrying when the baby had been literally inside her, now it was his turn.

"are jule and sunny here yet?" he asked as he managed to grab his wife's hand and carry his baby with his other arm, happily walking out of the locker room to lead devon to the room he had prepared.

"i think they're at the parking lot" devon muttered as she took her phone out of her pocket and checked her messages again, seeing the spam of texts sunny was leaving her.

"you did tell them how to get in, right?" quinn asked as he looked down at his baby's tiny head, his eyes full of adoration.

"of course i did, jule was annoying me relentlessly" devon laughed as they entered the room. quinn had dismantled the baby car seat from his car and had left it on the couch ready for their arrival so he quickly walked closer and layed his daughter down, careful to not awake and disturb her seemingly peaceful dream.

"okay, so the tv's all ready. there's snacks and drinks over there, blankets, pillows. if you or my little princess here need anything else, i mean anything, right outside is gonna be someone to give you what you need" quinn said as he checked for the millionth time in five seconds that his daughter was comfortable, which she totally was.

"baby, it's just gonna be three hours, and jule and sunny are gonna be here. we're gonna be fine" his wife reassured him, grabbing both of his hands and squeezing them tightly in her hands.

"i know, i know. i guess i'm just nervous, it's her first game and i'm kind of freaking out" quinn sheepishly admitted, absentmindedly rubbing the back of her hand with his thumbs.

"you shouldn't cause everything is gonna be fine and you're gonna win that game. she's gonna be here supporting"

quinn smiled fondly at his wife, reveling in the endless support and love she gave him. she was literally the girl of his dreams "i love you"

"i love you more" she smiled as she circled her arms around his neck and kissed him sweetly, a warm feeling spreading through her whole body in pure hapiness, until they got interrupted.

"ew! why do i always interrupt you guys!" jule exclaimed unapologetically as he burst into the room with sunny in tow.

"cause you don't know how to knock?" quinn sighed as he pulled away from his wife in annoyance.

"whatever, i'm not even here to see you. where's my juli?" jule immediately asked as he looked for his niece, not even attempting to hide that he was excited to see the baby that didn't even recognize him.

"asleep, so don't bother her" devon warned as she greeted sunny with a hug, which sunny happily reciprocated.

"she's my goddaughter, i'm gonna bother her if i want" julien said as he unfastened her seatbelt and lifted her into his arms.

"she's gonna hate you when she's older" sunny mused as she watched her boyfriend interrupt juliana's peaceful sleep and sit himself down on the couch with the baby in his arms.

"nu-uh, she's named after me, i'm gonna be her favorite uncle" julien denied with a proud smile on his face, watching the baby on his arms fondly.

"i gotta go guys, i'll see you after the game. i love you, juli" quinn said as he got closer to his daughter and left a quick kiss in her beanie-clad head before walking to his wife and doing the same "i love you baby"

"i love you more, good luck" devon smiled as she kissed her husband goodbye and watched him leave, turning back to the couch to sit next to jule.

the game started before they knew it and the same thrilling feeling she got came back full force. it didn't matter if she was watching the game in the arena or in some screen, the excitement was always there and she was pretty sure it would never leave.

no matter how many years she had seen quinn play, the feeling of absolute joy and proudness would always linger, it would aways be there.

and it was in that moment, surrounded by her brother and one of her closest friends, with her daughter in her arms and watching the love of her life do the thing he loved the most, that she knew she didn't need anything else in her life. she had everything she had ever wanted, everything she had dreamed and life couldn't be any more perfect.

she would have quinn by her side no matter what, and she would be there for him no matter what. until eternity.

forever and ever.

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
what a journey.
MY BABIES HAD A BABY😭😭😭
her name's juliana eve hughes btw (juliana for julien + he's her godfather!)
hope u guys enjoyed linger & dinn's lovestory. love u guys endlessly💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.1K 24
𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 ! ✿⎯⎯ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 six months of struggling with heartbreak lead to a startling realisation. 𝐎𝐑 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉...
442K 4.1K 68
We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend.
55.8K 406 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
122K 1.8K 47
sequel to Dessert • • • • Jack Hughes x OC