The Return ~A Merlin and Arth...

By AmeliaEmrys

A great King who is to return when Albion is at it's worst and his friend who waited for him over 600 years... More

The Return ~A Merlin and Arthur Story~ (Late February 2014)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Sneak-peak from Chapter 6
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sneak-peak from chapter 8
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Short sneak-peak from chapter 12
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Sneak-peek for chapter 17
Letter to Olivia
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Sneak-peak Chapter 20
Chapter 20
News
Chapter 21

Chapter 16

121 4 1
By AmeliaEmrys

Hey, guys . I'm back in business. Here is the newest chapter if you'd still read the story. Check the picture of Bradley. He's amazing. Let me know what you think about this chapter and about the cute reference I made to an awesome TV Show currently waiting for season 4. Love you all to Camelot and back. <3

Joel's POV

It's been a while since something bad happend in our life. Call me the eternal pesimist if you'd like but if I learned something in this long life is that "Life can't ever be all bad or all good. Things have to come back to the middle."

We are in a good place, not a perfect one but things could change and I am afraid that they will change for the worst. It's been two months since Olivia was kidnapped but Julius Borden and ever since I am terrified that something could happen to her.

 - Can I come in? I hear her voice and open my eyes. Are you ok daddy? She asked comeing and sitting on my bed.

 - I am. Livy, I think that you should leave town. Take Enzo and go.

- What? No! She jumped out of bed.

- Liv. I can't have you hurt again.

 - Dad, you can't ask me that. I can't leave. I won't leave you. Everything that I love is in this place. Everything and everyone. What is going on, Merlin? She asked with a worried face.

- Our lives have been so good in the past months but I am worried that something could change.

- Of course it will change. Dad, change is good. Remember? You taught me that. If things didn't change, I wouldn't be here, Arthur wouldn't be here. You would have been dead and I wouldn't have learnt to love again.

 I was watching my beautiful daughter speaking and I couldn't be more proud of the amazing woman she became. She is everything that I expected and more. Hell, I never believed that I will have a daughter. She is wiser than I'll ever be.

- Dad? Are you there? she asked.

 -Sorry, yes. I was just thinking of how lucky I am to have you. You are amazing, you are just like your mother. She would have been so proud of you. She is.

 - I know she is. I love you dad.

- I love you too. Come here. I think she is right, I can't push people aside because, love is the most powerful magic in the world.

Arthur's POV

This is the day. Yes. I need to go find a job. I can't be standing here all day just doing nothing and be supported by my friends. I am not a parasite. I know that I was King and something. But things are different now and so am I. I asked Enzo what should I wear to this job quest. But I have nothing to wear, so I go to Joel's room.

- Joe- Oh I am sorry, Olivia. I didn't know that you were here.

 -Arthur. It's ok. Come in. I was just going. I have classes today. Bye guys.

 -Bye. What's wrong? Joel asked

- I don't have anything to wear to this job quest. I said going to his closet-

 Job? What now? He said starting to laugh.

- Why are you laughing? I am trying to get a job. I said

-You? A job? Ha! Wait... you are serious.

 - Of course I am serious, Merlin!

 I don't know where I get this tone when I talk to him sometimes. It's fun.

- Okay. But first of all, you never worked a single day in your life and second of all my clothes don't fit you. I mean seriously.

 Sometimes I want to punch him.

 - I am sorry. Are you trying yo find a job? Liv asked. Sorry I was eavesdropping.

 - It's ok. Yes.

 - There is an opening to my clinic. I need an assistant. Secretary, actually.

 - I am sorry I need to laugh at this. Arthur Pendragon as a secretary! This is so funny.

Joel was laughing with tears falling from his eyes.

 - Come on. You will be working with me and Enzo can help you. I mean I saw that you two get along pretty well. She said smiling.

 -Ok. When do you need me there? I asked

- Go dress up. Casual it is fine.

-See you in a bit.

Perfect. Great. Amazing. Not.

 -Arthur? On a serious note now. Do you think you can do this? Joel asked

- It's fine. I can do this. I will be like Felicity Smoak.

- What? Are you watching Arrow re-runs again? Where did you find that old show.

- On the internet, duh! I said and we both laughed

- Arthur, I didn't mean the job part. I am sure that you will be amazing at it. You are amazing at everything, I was talking about-

- I will be fine. If she is happy, then I am happy. I got to go, see ya'. I said and rushed to my room.

This past couple of months have been hard for me. I say this because I must admit it to myself. I must admit that I still have feelings for Olivia. I must, or I will loose my mind. I still love her. Trying not to love her, only make me love her more. When she disappeared I was so worried about her. No. I need to stop. She is with Enzo now. They bonded so much since that day. She is happy. Then I am happy.

 - Olivia. Do you think that I can do this? I asked her.

- Of course. Look, I am already running late, so I am going to let you here with Enzo and he'll explain everything. She said and the kissed us both goodbye.

- Ok, mate. This is the clinic and this is your desk. The front desk. I'll show you around and tell you what will you have to do... So I will stay at the front desk and wait for some patients to come in. Once they are there, I will ask what's the problem and then triage them based on the symptoms. Enzo even gave me a list to memorize, so I can manage easily. Priority goes to accidents and intoxications. I have to answer the phone and give indications, numbers.  It's a lot of work and I will have so much to learn but I will be fine. Oh, and I get to wear scrubs. Yay. Enzo said that he will help me with my first case.

- Hello. My name is Beth Crow and I have this cat at home and she coughs a lot.

-Hello. My name is Dr. Enzo Stevenson and this is Arthur Pendragon. Do you have the cat with you?

-Yes. It's in my car. I am going to bring her.

 - Ok, Arthur. You can come with me to see how we treat her, and if someone else comes in, there is this buzzer that they will use. Remember what I do, you'll have to enter the data in the computer after. Ok?

- Let's do this.

The lady brought the cat in and Enzo began to ask the questions to see what we are dealing with. He first asked the age and gender of the cat. Then he asked if she gave something to the cat, what and when as well when the coughing started. Beth said that she gave the cat Tylenol, 1 and half tablets and that the coughing started almost two weeks ago. He made a terrified face and then he calmly began to explain to Miss Beth that cats aren't allowed to Tylenol because it's toxic for them and they can even die. Then she began to cry but Enzo quickly assured that the cat will be ok.

 - I am now giving him the antidote to Tylenol and I will treat the cold. But please, no more paracetamol for the cat. And make sure that you will come tomorrow for a follow-up check. There you go kitty. You be safe.

- Thank you Dr. After she left he taught me how to fill the observation paper for the patiente, and how to put it in the computer.

- Remember, Arthur. You need to be diplomatic with the owners because they don't know and sometimes they mean well.

 I was going to the computer to enter the dates from the cat and it all went well until I couldn't remember the antidotes name. Great. I will search it online. I start to type when I hear a giggle behing me.

 - N-acetylcisteine. That's the answer. Said a voice laughing.

- Olivia. I said turning around and blushig. - If you have trouble, you know you can ask Enz. He will help you. Besides you have been here for 2 hours only. It's ok to ask for help. She said grasping my shoulders.

- Thanks. I said turnig to enter the data in the computer. This will be fun.

Olivia's POV

 Who would have said that Arthur will work? I am glad that I can help. I am sure that he will be fine. I am worried for my father. I don't know why he wanted me to leave. I am powerfull and I want to be by his side. I just hope that he doesn't find out about my dreams. Ever since the night that I was taken by Julius Borden I've been having this dreams about him and Gwen. Amber, I mean.

 She was in town until a month ago, and I know that she is Gwen therefore she is a part of the story and she will be back. But I am afraid that she isn't what she was, who she was. I've been having this dreams where she comes back to town, as in move here and she ... I don't know how to put it, but she can't be trusted. It's just something about her that seems off. I don't trust her. I've only met her twice, once when she went of a dinner date with Arthur. No, don't get me wrong. I am not jealous. I don't feel that way about him anymore. No. It's just that her eyes... are dark.

 Maybe I am just being paranoid, maybe I have serious trust issues, but I just can't trust her. Things aren't pretty in my dreams and I am praying that they don't come true.

- Earth to Olivia! Are you there?

 - What? Yes. What's up, Enzo?

 - Nothing. I was asking how the class was?

- Good. It was entertaining. How is our new employee?

- He's determined. And he is not a cat person. 100%. Enzo replied and kissed me.

Molly's POV

I need to find Jessica. Right away.

- Jessica. There you are! Hello, cutie-pie. Your bump it's adorable.

 - Hey. Yes. I can't wait for the baby to be born. 4 months to go. What is wrong with you? She asked

- Why would you think that something is wrong with me? I asked puffing.

- Oh, please. You are puffing. I have 10 minutes before my next consult. Spill it.

- Ok. You know that Joel is taking me to The Gardens of Hill Farm House this Saturday.

 - Oh, he is taking you to see the Snowdrops by Candlelight. How romantic! She said hugging me. Sooo, what's the problem?

- What am I going to do, when he... you know... wants to... -Oh, Molls. He loves you

- He is older and he's been-

-Molly! Focus on my voice. Joel loves you and he will never do anything to hurt you. And if you are not ready he will respect you.

 - I know. But-

- It's normal to feel nervous. She said and we both giggled.

- What are you two ladies giggleing about? Liam appeared and asked

- Nothing that you need to know about. Jessica answered and kissed him and he kissed her belly in return.

They are so cute. Jess is right. I have nothing to worry about. I asked Jess if they know the sex of the baby, hence the magic and all. But they don't and they don't want to find out. I can't wait to meet the little bundle of joy. Anyways about the weekend... Joel loves me and everything will be perfect.

Joel's POV

I need to relax, I am so scared about this weekend. I've never been this scared of a date. Oh, come on, Merlin. Gather your shit up! Molly is special and this weekend will be magical. I wonder how Arthur is doing at work and since I am free today and my lady isn't I will go check on him. I know he is safe with my daughter and with my future brother-in-law/son-in-law. Man this is weird but still. I get in my car and try to turn the radio on but it doesn't work properly. No. This can't be. It's imposible. I get a message in Old English.

 It's impossible.

This can't be.

No.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 275 22
When she sees a vision of Merlin and the terrible things coming to Camelot, she knows she must help. Once she saves Merlin's life, she is thrown int...
151 2 16
"When Albion needs it most, Arthur will rise again". Those were the words of the Great Dragon. had told Merlin on the day he pushed his best friend's...
60.7K 1.6K 12
The two kingdoms of Ealdor and Camelot have been at war for years. The two kings, King Balinor and King Uther, finally decide to make an alliance, on...
146 18 7
When Albion's need is greatest. That was the deal. Until something went wrong. Arthur Pendragon died in the battle of Camlann. Only to awake in t...