A missing piece... The other...

Oleh 3HaNaNa3

Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, sh... Lebih Banyak

Characters
Chapter 1 - Fumiko Tanaka...
Chapter 2 - Make a choice...
Chapter 3 - I am your father...
Chapter 4 - Strangers...
Chapter 5 - Give me a chance...
Chapter 6 - She was murdered...
Chapter 7 - Time to say Goodbye...
Chapter 8 - Make your choice...
Chapter 9 - One day after another...
Chapter 10 - New School...
Chapter 11 - New friend...
Chapter 12 - Where is Suki???
Chapter 13 - Onii-san...
Chapter 14 - School bully...
Chapter 15 - Otô-san...
Chapter 16 - Normal days...
Chapter 17 - A day with you...
Chapter 18 - Paparazzi...
Chapter 19 - Takeshiro Tanaka...
Chapter 20 - Happy birthday Mom...
Chapter 21 - Unexpected visit...
Chapter 22 - Gianni's training...
Chapter 23 - Weird...
Chapter 24 - Fight at school...
Chapter 25 - Valentina...
Chapter 26 - Uncle's attack...
Chapter 27 - Feelings...
Chapter 28 - Long night...
Chapter 30 - The package...
Chapter 31 - Back to school...
Chapter 32 - School Festival?

Chapter 29 - Mr Rossi...

2.1K 119 15
Oleh 3HaNaNa3

After her discussion with her father, Suki thought a lot about it. Salvatore said that they were not dangerous for innocent people, but it implied that they were still dangerous people. With one look at them, it was clear for anyone that they were not men to go against to, but with what he said, it was another level... but also very logical with the way they were living and all that security.

Salvatore left Suki alone once again for few minutes to have a call in his office. It was almost dinner time, but the house was quiet. The little girl took her phone and searched in internet if news about what happened were released but she couldn't find anything.

New-York was a big city with a lot of things happening but how the death of several persons in an under-construction building could not be mentioned? She was taken back from her thoughts by someone in her back taking her phone from her. She turned herself and found Gianni standing there, behind the couch.

Suki: Gianni... you startled me...

Gianni: Scary kitten was so focused that she didn't hear me coming...

Gianni checked on what his little sister was looking at with so much attention without thinking that she had right to privacy. She stood up, embarrassed.

Suki: It's nothing...

Gianni: Why are you doing such researches online? (His tone changed.) Who put this shit in your head? Tell me, with who did you talk?

Suki was surprised by Gianni's serious tone. She stepped back instinctively, and he frowned, noticing that his behavior was scary.

Suki: Father...

Gianni: Dad? (She nodded and he sighed.) What's wrong with that old man? He refused to let you learn how to defend yourself and he is now openly saying that we are a Mafia family?! (Suki stayed silent.) Stop freaking out, I won't do anything to you... and don't read shit like that on your phone! (He gave her back her phone.) Now you know our family's business... but it won't change anything for you... so don't react like you did just because I spoke a bit louder!

Gianni came to sit in the opposite couch, but Suki remained standing.

Suki: You seemed angry... and scary... sorry...

Gianni: (He looked at her.) First, sit down. (She sat.) You are scared of me since the beginning, but you must have noticed now, that I am not a threat for you... so don't be startled for everything!

Suki: I try...

Gianni: Hum... don't try, just do it! And your arm? Is it painful?

Suki: Just a little... thanks to the medicine, I guess... (She shyly smiled.)

Gianni: If you don't do something stupid and rest correctly, you will recover quickly.

Suki: I rest all day... Father was there, and he didn't let me do anything. He is pretty strict about that.

Gianni: Dad feels guilty that you were hurt so if you don't want to worry him more, do the necessary to recover asap!

Suki: Gianni... (He looked at her, waiting for her question.)... did you have a lot of injuries because of the martials arts? 

Gianni: Not only while fighting, but I'm a man, not a fragile little girl, so you and me, we can't compare to each others... but with a good reeducation, you will not have sequels, if it's what worries you.

Suki: Do you know when I can go back to school?

Gianni: It's too risky to go to school for at least one week. If you go out and someone accidentally bumps on you, what will you do?!

Suki: If I miss one week of school, I need to catch-up the lessons...

Gianni: Don't you have friends from your class that can help?

Suki: My only friend is Haru, and he is not in my class.

Gianni: Ask Dad and he will do the necessary. You're bothering yourself with unnecessary things.

It maybe seemed unnecessary for Gianni, but it was not for Suki. 

Gianni: You can also ask Vito to pick up your lessons and homework from your homeroom teacher.

Suki: Vito? (She shook her head.)

Gianni: Why not? You think that he would say no? (She nodded.)

Salvatore: (He came back.) Who would say no to what?

Gianni: She's worried about school and don't dare to ask Vito to contact her teacher for what she needs to catch-up during her absence.

Salvatore: I will contact your school tomorrow; you don't need to think about school for now. Recovery is the priority. Let's have dinner so you can rest early. 

Salvatore went to prepare something simple for dinner. Enzo and the twins arrived just in time to eat. The three young boys talked about a video game recently released while Salvatore and Gianni were exchanging about what seemed work subjects in the eyes of Suki. They were talking in Italian so she couldn't understand them.

She took her medicine during the meal and 10 minutes later, she felt tired just like every time she had taken them.

Salvatore called for the nurse and Suki excused herself and left the dining room first. She did her night routine with the help of the nurse, who checked on the little girl's injury before letting her sleep. Downstairs, Gabriel and Gianni just came back from their business tour.

After a quick sum up from their current activities and the situation regarding Tanaka, the night passed quietly for the men of the house. Suki only woke up once because of a nightmare while the nurse was checking on her. The woman was worried, and she proposed to inform Mr Smith, but Suki told her that she was fine.

*************************************************

The next morning, she woke up and prepared herself with the nurse's help then go downstairs for breakfast. Her 3 younger older brothers were already gone for school and university. Maria and Aldo learnt that Suki was hurt during the weekend, without the complete details and when the maid saw Suki entering the kitchen, she felt sorry for her.

Maria: Miss Suki, you should have call me... how... my poor girl, you're so brave and strong...

Chef Aldo: You need to eat healthy food to have a good recovery. I will prepare extra nutritious meals for you.

Suki: Thank you, both of you, and sorry to have worried you.

Maria: Please, don't be, you are our little Miss, we care about you.

Chef Aldo prepared something for Suki to eat in small pieces so that she didn't need to cut anything. The little girl talked a little with them before going to the living room. The house was really quiet. She though that her father left for their company, but he was just having few calls in his office in the garden house.

It was now past 11.00am but Salvatore was still not back from his office. Gabriel had joined his father after a quick greeting to his little sister, to know how she was doing this morning.

Gianni had already left too, to his fighting club, and there was only Dante in the house with Suki. The young man had a long training session in the morning, despite his recent injuries. He needed that additional training, not satisfied to not have been able to take down completely Tanaka during their confrontation, causing his little sister to be seriously injured.

After a long shower, he came downstairs, directly went to the kitchen to grab something to eat and 2 bottles of fruits juice. Then,he installed himself on the couch, surprisingly next to Suki.

Dante: Hi... You slept well? Not too painful?

Suki: Hello Dante, I'm fine, thank you and you? You should rest more and not do so much sports, you were injured too.

Dante: It's nothing and if I hadn't trained like I do, you and me, would not be here to talk about that! (He handed her one of the juice bottle.) Drink this, it will give you energy.

Suki: Thank you. (She shyly smiled.)

Dante: Did you have breakfast? The nurse helped you this morning? What did she say about your wound?

Suki: Yes, she helped me, and she said that my arm seems fine.

The two siblings watched the TV quietly while Dante finished his food. The calm of the moment was interrupted by an unexpected visitor. 

Mr Rossi: Dante, I'm looking for your father. Where is he? The guard confirmed that he was at home.

Dante: That guard will lose his job soon... As you can see, he is not here. He is probably busy in his office. Did you call him before barging here?

Mr Rossi seemed annoyed by Dante's answer and the little respect that he was showing him. The young man barely looked at him, eating his sandwich, not even stopping, to stand up at his entry.

Mr Rossi put his attention on the little girl sitting next to Dante. He was never introduced to her, and Salvatore never even mentioned her to him when they had meetings. But Valentina, his daughter, did. The young woman complained to her father that Salvatore had changed since that girl entered his life.

Mr Rossi: So, she is that child? I didn't imagine you like this, even if Valentina indeed told to me that you were... different.

Dante didn't like at all the tone and gaze of that man on his sister. Suki stared at that stranger, not knowing what to say. She hesitated to stand up and greet him after she guessed who he was, but the firm hand of Dante on her tight made her understand to not move. She quickly looked at him and he was wearing a dark expression. She felt his anger.

Dante: If your daughter talked to you about our youngest, she also certainly mentioned that my father broke up with her. I hope that it is not the purpose of you visit!

Mr Rossi: Of course, it is! We have business together. Our families are bond by that alliance!

Dante: It's over! The marriage that you wish fore is never going to happen. Your daughter is not a good fit for our family!

Mr Rossi: Dante, you are still pretty immature regarding that subject. Call your father here and when everything will be settled, I can't wait to receive apologies from you! (He stared at Suki with a cold and dark gaze.) And you, my daughter Valentina is going to be the woman of that clan. She will have her own child with your father; I expect that you stop creating trouble in their couple and start to act more at the level of standing of your new family! 

Dante stood up, fists clenched, and Suki stood up too. She grabbed her brother's wrist with her tiny hand, not even able to fully grab it. She was worried that he will lose his temper.

Suki: (In Italian.) Big brother, please... (She shook her head.)

Dante: (He sighed.) Guard! (He yelled and one men came from nowhere. He gave his orders in Italian.) Call my Dad and tell him to quickly come here. Tell him that his ex-girlfriend's father is here! (The guard nodded and left in a hurry.

A heavy silence took place in the living room after that. Fortunately, Salvatore, followed by Gabriel, arrived in less than 2 minutes. The two men noticed the tension from everyone, but also Suki holding Dante's wrist. It was unusual and the sign that something happened with Mr Rossi.

Gabriel stopped near the little girl, and he put his hand with affection on her back. She immediately looked at him with her shining eyes? The young man was starring at the visitor.

Salvatore: Rossi, what are you doing here? I'm busy and you should have made a call before showing up at my house!

Mr Rossi: Smith, I know that you had a dispute with Valentina but...

Salvatore: (He interrupted him.) Stop, you misunderstood something. We didn't argue, I broke up with her after giving her several warnings about her attitude. It was clear and there is nothing to talk about. If you are still interested to do business together, we can keep a cordial partnership, otherwise, we can end that conversation here. I will not change my decision.

Dante: (He smirked.) I told you... it's over!

Mr Rossi had difficulties to hide his annoyance, but he also clearly saw the determination of Salvatore in his eyes. Gabriel didn't utter a word, but by his body language, he showed how important that girl was for them. The old man needed to take the wisest decision quickly. The best option for him right now was to agree to keep a business partnership and if Valentina really wanted to keep that man, they would find a way. After all, Salvatore was man.

Mr Rossi: Alright, let's not keep grudge against each other... I guess Valentina has some flaws to work on... you know I value our friendship.

Dante: Dad, I'm not sure that our family should works with a man like him... his daughter maybe didn't inherit from him, physically speaking, but they both have the same rotten way of thinking!

Mr Rossi frowned while Salvatore looked at his son, to understand the meaning of his words. Suki pulled on her brother's wrist to silently ask him to not say anything to their father. Gabriel, who stayed silent until that, said with his deep voice.

Gabriel: I agree! As I already told you, we don't need to work with them and people who show disrespect to a member of our family is nothing more than a target for me... even more if it concerns our youngest! (Suki looked back at him and he looked at her with a smile.)

Suki: Onii-san...

Mr Rossi: It's ridiculous! Smith, since when your children are the ones taking the decision in your family?! Are you not the head of your clan?

Salvatore: You're right, I am the head. And as a good leader, I listen to the future leader of that family. Let's stop our discussion here.

Mr Rossi was not expecting that outcome from coming here. He naively thought having the upper hand in that partnership, but he found out that the Smith were not that easy to handle.

Mr Rossi: Salvatore? I get it. You are not in the condition to talk about our business together for now. Let's plan a dinner another time, just the two of us.

Salvatore: Hum... let's do that. 

Salvatore nodded and the guard in stand offered to accompany back the visitor. When he was left, Salvatore came closer to his daughter, and he bent at her eyes level.

Salvatore: Suki, are you alright? (She nodded.) Dante?

Dante: That jerk was blaming the kid for his daughter break-up! (He looked at Suki.) You can let go of my arm now, there is no one to kill anymore, stop stressing out!

Suki: Sorry... I thought that you wanted to fight with him...

Dante: Yes, that idea crossed my mind... (He smiled, proud of himself.)

Suki let go of Dante's wrist, but her gaze was still stuck on him.

Salvatore: No one is going to fight in this house.

Dante: At least not today... It's difficult to fight with a kid so strongly hung on you...

Gabriel: Suki, sit, you're standing for too long. And don't worry for Dante, you saw that your brother is a strong man... even if he should be able to manage his short temper without your help...

Salvatore: I agree. Isn't usually Gianni or the youngers that think that everything can be solve with their fists?

Dante: I guess they learned that from me!

Nurse: (She entered.) Sorry to interrupt you, but it's time to check on Miss Suki's injury.

The nurse put her medical box on the little table and sat next to Suki after Gabriel freed the spot. The little girl was wearing a large zip sweatshirt and a simple top under. It was easier for the cares. The nurse delicately took off the bandage to check the stitches.

The three men were staring at the nurse's every moves. The wound was pretty red around the cut. Salvatore was sure that it will let a mark that will extend, as his daughter will grow up. And the guilty feeling will consume him every time he will look at it, and he was not the only one thinking like that. Gabriel and Dante had the exact same feeling.

Nurse: I find the wound a bit swollen compared to this morning. Did something happen?

Suki: No, I didn't do anything other than having breakfast and watching TV.

Salvatore: Does she need to go back to the hospital?

Nurse: It's probably nothing serious, she maybe moved her arm without paying attention. I'm going to verify in 2 hours if it's better or not. The stitches look good, the redness is normal and part of the healing process.

Salvatore: Thank you. (The nurse left.) Suki, are you sure to be okay?

Suki: Yes, I don't know why it swollen, I am very careful.

Dante: I'm pretty sure that it swelled because she freaked out when that useless of Rossi said his shitty words!

Gabriel: Were you stress because of that man?

Suki: It was not comfortable...

Dante: It's her way to say that she was!

Salvatore: That man shouldn't have come here, and I can assure you that he will not in the future.

Suki: Otô-san... you and Miss Valentina,... I mean, you really don't like her anymore? If it's because of me...

Salvatore: It's not because of you. Your father was a silly man that was too busy to pay attention to what was important. I don't want a woman like that in our family, near my children... but all of this are adults' stuff... just know that you are not responsible of anything!

Dante: Forget about that witch or her father! I'm starving, let's have lunch! My body is in need of energy!

Salvatore: Didn't you just finish eating something?

Dante: I exercised a lot; I need a lot of calories to nourish this! 

Dante stood with proud, showing with his two hands his tall and perfectly built body. Salvatore shook his head, tired, but Suki had a small smile. In fact, she also thought like Salvatore, but Dante's answer was typical of his way of talking with their father.

The little girl was not especially hungry, but she had to follow them to share a meal. Fortunately, in all the dishes that Aldo prepared, there was a nice salad. Gabriel served her after asking her what she wanted to eat, and Salvatore added few slices of bread and cheese.

After the lunch, Suki went to take a nap in her bedroom. Once again, with the medicine, she felt tired and needed to rest.

The three men had a quick update from their men about Tanaka's doing. Salvatore was expecting to see him after his son's death, but still no move from him. It was not a normal reaction, if he knew that the Smith were behind his heir's disappearance. 

Dante: It's really weird, no?! To be so passive after his son's death.

Gabriel: He must know the risk of a revenge attempt.

Salvatore: I don't know... But if he is really going to leave the country tomorrow, it's a good point for us. I don't want him near my daughter. We will need someone in Japan to follow his clan for at least few weeks.

Gabriel: I will find a small team.

The rest of the day passed quietly. Later, the twins and Enzo came back. Only Gianni stayed out late at night. After his work, he had dinner with a girl, and had the girl as a dessert. But contrary at his habits, this time, he didn't bring her home. No stranger were authorized for now.

The next morning, Suki woke up earlier than the previous day and when she came to take her breakfast, Davide was still there. His first class wouldn't start before the middle of the morning. They were both having their meal in silence when a guard entered. 

Guard: Miss Suki, you received a package. (He put it on the table.)

Suki: For me? (She was surprised, not expecting anything.)

Davide: (He lifted his eyes from his phone.) Don't touch that! Hey, you, did you check the contents of the package?

Guard: We usually don't check your private packages.

Davide: Who is the sender? (He stood up and came closer.) Who delivered it?

Guard: A carrier came few minutes ago.

Davide checked the sender's information. It was written in Japanese, and he couldn't read it. 

Davide: Did you order something or are you waiting a package from a friend?

Suki: No, I never ordered anything, and my only friend is Haru, he has no reason to send me a package.

Davide: (He took the package.) So, you don't need that! 

Davide found that delivery suspect. He didn't want to open it with that girl around, not sure of what he could find inside. He went to see his father and elder brothers, who were in the meeting room.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.1M 88.2K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
38.7K 1K 20
Isabella Rose Ivy Valencia-Moretti, the only girl born in Italian Mafia family after so many generations. Not only she is the princess of Italian Maf...
358K 8.7K 43
🌚Please do not copy my work, write your own books and leave my book alone. 🌚 Everything about her screamed innocence but what she went through in h...