THE ROMANTIC CRIME

By Avinaphile

#2 in The Shaktawat Sisters Series! . Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat x Garv Singh Chauhan . . He falls for her w... More

DEDICATION
INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS AESTHETICS
THE CHAUHANS
THE SHAKTAWATS
A SNEAKPEAK
1. THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
2.THE UNWELCOMED NEWS
3. THE INVESTIGATION
4. THE VERIFICATION
5. THE VISIT
6. THE TO BE VIRAL MEET
7.THE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES
8.THE ONLINE HATE
9.THE ARRIVAL IN DELHI
10.THE SHORT STAY IN LIFT
11.THE MISINTERPRETATION
THE PLAYLIST
12. THE RIVALRY
13. THE SILENCE
REMINDER
14. THE CONSTANT THOUGHT
16.THE LUNCH
17. THE GCs AND GOSSIPS
IMPORTANT - DO READ IT
18.THE FIRST KISS
19.THE ANSWER TO HIS WORDS
20. THE LATE NIGHT TALKS
21& 22

15.THE UNCHANGED QUESTION

4.7K 872 250
By Avinaphile

Twenty days have passed since I began staying here. My eyes focused on him who was working on his laptop attending a virtual meeting with the directors. My ears were able to hear his voice discussing details related to music but not theirs as he linked airpods with his device.

The doctor has asked us to meet tomorrow for a further checkup and Arisa is visiting today as she arrived in Mumbai last evening. Geet Jija and Dhruv Jijosa learned about my accident when I notified them ten days back when I felt it wasn’t right to hide the truth from them with the excuse of case and I got to know about Aapsa’s heart attack as well but Jija informed me he is in pink of health. I have lied to the rest of them about my accident as I don’t want to disturb them.

“Ms.Avantika” His husky voice called me in the middle of his meeting.

I hummed in response.

“Your medicines.” His hand implied at the time. I nodded, picking the tablet from the medicine organizer placed on the bed and I ingested it down with the help of the water.

“Thank you, Mr.Dixit. See you at the studio next week” His lips turned up, his hand removed his airpods, and another hand  switched off his laptop.

He ambled along talking over the call, disappeared from my sight only to return with a fruit bowl with a poker face.

“Ms.Avantika” He handed me the fork to have my fruits.

“You can call me Avantika or Avanti,” I conveyed, grabbing the fork from his hand.

“Okay” He responded but I expected him to say - why Avantika? You should call me Garv too if that’s the case. 

Mr.Chauhan, why is the peculiar silence from your side stabbing my heart?

“Avantika” His hand reminded me to begin eating.

“Mr.Chauhan, you okay?” I asked him again as my customary routine. I take my medicines three times a day and on the other hand, I ask him the exact question three times a day as a part of my pattern.

“Yeah. I am fine” He repeated his usual  words, taking the support of his headboard, his hand scrolling his phone maybe to avoid further questions but my heart wanted to know his reason.

“I won’t beat around the bushes. Let’s get straight to the point.” I continued, making his eyes give all his attention to my words.

“What do you mean?” His brows joined hearing me and I took a breath, preparing myself to finally convey my thoughts to him.

“I know you are hiding. Something is bothering you” I started speaking.

“No Avantika” He replied, asking me to have my fruits, his index finger reminding me about the bowl placed in front of me.

“Your eyes are lying Mr.Chauhan '' I stated and paused expecting him to answer but he chose silence as a medium to answer my words.

“Mr.Chauhan, you aren’t happy. I have been noticing this change for nearly a month” I continued glimpsing at him but his eyes competed with how long it can stay on the bed sheets.

“Mr.Chauhan, it hurts seeing you behaving differently. Are you worried about your work? Is Nishant troubling you or that Anisha? Are you worrying about that case? I will find out who the culprit is once I get well but please tell me Mr.Chauhan, what’s bothering you? Kyunki aap woh Garv Singh Chauhan nahi ho jinhe main jaanti thi.” 

(Because you aren't that Garv Singh Chauhan whom I used to know)

“Qki ab mai woh Garv Singh Chauhan hu jesa aap chahti thi” His words directly targeted my heart. He rose from his place but I stopped him before he could go.

(Because now I am that Garv Singh Chauhan you wanted me to be )

“Mr.Chauhan, did you change yourself? I mean are you even aware of your actions? Main toh kuch bhi kahugi, kya aap sab dil par laga loge?” I expressed but he remained silent without a single sign from his side.

(I will say anything, will you take everything to your heart)

“Mr.Chauhan, am I the reason for the change you adapted yourself over the past month?,” I questioned and he turned to look at me “Avantika, don’t stress much. You said I am not the one whom you idolize atleast I am trying to be one and even if I am not fitting to your checklist no issues, tell me I will work on it” and he turned to leave the room but paused, continued “Don’t think much, your injury will be affected by it.” and turned himself only to walk out before I could come up with something.

Mr.Chauhan, do you have any idea what you did? Please I can’t bear seeing you suffering. I long to see Garv who smiled wholeheartedly. Your changed behavior is just a sheet of nails, piercing my heart. 

My face was buried in my hands only to make my hands coated with a sheet of tears. I want that Garv back who knew how to look at life happily despite all the problems. 

TIME SKIP

“Avu, I am back” Arisa's voice filled with happiness, declaring her presence entering the living room.

“Hi, Garv cutie. I am sorry for leaving my best friend’s responsibility on you” She faced  him and he partially smiled nodding at her.

“Welcome, Ms.Dutta” Hriday descended the stairs, holding a laptop as he was working upstairs in his studio.

“Hi, Mr. Hriday. In case I find negligence in my best friend’s care, let me remind I know several ways to hide bodies” She spoke, but her eyes were concentrated on Hriday while he was silently listening to their banter.

“Garv Cutie, is someone bothering you? You are so silent” I grew nervous hearing her words but I maintained calmness on my face.

“Work pressure” He responded briefly.

“I understand” She nodded, found a place next to me to sit and her eyes fell on my leg.

“How long has the Doctor asked you to maintain this?” She questioned, taking a closer look at the cast.

“More two weeks and after that let’s hope for positive news” I informed, looking at her but her eyes were confusingly looking at Mr.Chauhan, who was busy scribbling something on his notepad with his pen.

“Garv Cutie, what are you trying to do?” She enquired, standing from her place and only to sit next to him to have a look at the pages.

“Working on my solo album.” He answered, his eyes concentrated on the notepad and his phone alternatively.

“Naming again with the letter A?”  My best friend’s question involuntarily made us look at each other. The silence prevailed between us, his eyes reflecting and agreeing with her words while my eyes asked him to not punish by burying himself, his real self.

“Hmm” He responded, breaking our eye contact and I swerved my eyes to the opposite wall.

The cook arrived with coffee and tea for each one of them. He rose from his place, his hands clutching the notepad along with pens, asking Hriday and Mihika to follow him to the studio upstairs as they wanted to finish the album within a limited period of time.

My eyes witnessed him ascending the stairs silently but my actions were halted on hearing my best friend’s questions “How am I going to live alone in the quarter?”

“I did tell Mr.Chauhan about it but he has clearly denied my request to shift over there” I justified though she agreed with his order and wouldn’t ask for my reason.

“Twenty days already so something something happened between you” Her curiosity was evident in her voice.

“What something something Arisa?” I enquired though I decoded her words which were curious enough to investigate.

“Garv Cutie and you” She leaned closer to glance at my face expecting me to answer.

I didn’t utter a word but her eyes were waiting for my response.

“No,” I said monotonously, bursting her bubbles of thoughts.

“You both are staying in the same room yet you didn’t start loving him. You must be getting a closer view of his face, his jawline, his eyes each morning when he wakes up next to you” She hurriedly counted on her fingers glorifying his features.

“Shut up Aaru. I am staying in his room, but not with him. Did you get it? Not with him. He stays in a nearby room. Mihika is staying with me every night” I gave her a reality check, again bursting her balloon of hopes.

“ I did a happy dance after you informed me you are staying in his room” She lowered her gaze while her hand doodled something on the cushion placed in between us.

After a long pause, I made up my mind to tell her how my heart was in dilemma fighting with the thoughts wandering in my mind, making me restless each time but before I could transform them into words “Avu, how can you not fall for Garv cutie? He is the best person every girl deserves and I know how he has been loyal to you for more than a decade just because he wanted you to be settled in your life. He has been working in the music and glamorous industries for more than four years. Several celebrities tried their best to be with him, he was once rumored with one of his co-singers but he stayed on his word, he stayed loyal to you though there was a zero sign from your side. Have you noticed he is not that Garv cutie whom I used to know even before meeting him in person? I know very well Avu, he has changed for you, just the way you wanted. I know you love him too but you aren’t ready to accept it because you have a fear of being judged. He won’t judge you Avantika trust me. Just tell him, you are missing his real self and without any judgment, he will be the same again. What’s stopping you from accepting your love for him?” Her hand held my hand, comforting me but how can she be so confident about her words? 

With a deep breath, I collected my words in order to divert the topic“I want to sleep, Arisa. I don’t want to talk about something that is not related to me”

TIME SKIP

“Arisa, why don’t you stay with Avantika ma’am tonight? She will feel good having her best friend” Hriday's words made Mr.Chauhan choke on his food when we were sitting together for dinner.

“I would but I have to get back to my duty in the early morning” She explained her reason while I continued having my khichdi.

“No worries, I will drop you to your office” Hriday's offer was welcomed when the spoon fell from Mr.Chauhan’s fingers, spilling the kheer on his white onyx dining table.

“No thanks. I will manage it” She denied politely but Hriday’s eyes requested me to convince her though he never disclosed I am aware he has feelings for her.

“Arisa” He began speaking.

“Yes,Garv Cutie” She responded instantly 

“Please stay here for your best friend” and he raised after completing his short and crisp words, directing towards his kitchen picking up his plate after he finished his dinner.

Sitting on the bed, I stared at the TV screen as my fingers frantically pressed the remote keys, releasing the frustration that had built up inside me.

 Every time I feel a stone pounding on my chest continuously when I want to scream, speak, express myself but I choose the option to stay quiet, just like she desires her man to be.

More than three weeks have passed since I adapted myself to the changes as I decided. Her eyes spoke more than her words ever could, questioning my silence.

I am not someone who will back off easily from his decisions no matter how badly it pierces my soul but this time the decision was for her, to become the man she wanted me to be.

My ears echoed back her words from that night - aapke junoon ke kaaran mai khudki life barbaad nahi kar sakti?

Falling in love seems easy but to make sure it lasts long, it requires a tremendous amount of effort, courage, and patience. 

Avantika, do you really think I will give up so easily? I won’t. Garv isn’t someone who can move on easily from anything but here it’s about you. I developed a tiny crush without even realizing it, just by hearing your name. Little did I know it would turn into love which is still living in my heart for the past decade as day one when I realized my feelings for you.

Kehte hai pyaar mai zabardasti nahi hoti par main toh wahi kar raha hu jo mera pyaar chahta hai. Ab duniya ise pyaar samjhe ya pagalpan, ya aapki bhasha mai junoon, par mai jo  aaj kuch bhi hu uski wajah aap hi ho. Mer har gaane ki rooh, har alfaaz ki aur mere har kamyabi par haq maine apne mumma papa ke alawa aapko hi diya.

(It's always said no one forces you in love but all my actions are the result of what my love wants me to do. For the world, it might be  love or madness or should I say it a s passion in your language, but if I am in this position it's because of you. You are the soul of my each song, each lyric and I have dedicated my success to you apart from my parents) 

Gradually closing my eyes, I inhaled a deep breath to calm my thoughts turning into a tangled knot until I sensed someone entering my room. It’s Hriday. I recognized him through his voice which hummed a song.

“Garv Sir” His sharp voice opened my eyes.

“Hmm,” I replied.

“Why didn’t you join us for the talk in your room?” He questioned, placing the tab and laptop on the table.

“I am in my room already” My monotone voice answered him while I stayed on the bed.

“I am talking about that room where Avantika ma’am is staying” He pointed out, sitting next to me on the vacant bed.

“You should call it as Avantika’s room.” I gazed at him and he nodded without saying anything further.

Hriday’s silence clearly indicates he wants to question me, and wants me to rethink the decision I made to change myself.

His phone started ringing and he began speaking “Konju wait pannikonga akka, na vare”

His mother tongue is unfamiliar to me as I know only a few words which I learned from Hriday for my concert in Chennai.

“What did you say?” I asked for a translation.

“Kindly wait  akka I mean  sister, I am coming” He blinked once.

“Sari sari." I responded in his language as I know sari means okay.

“ Garv sir, we received payment a few moments back for that collaboration we did with Parks to advertise their new shoe model. Sorry, I forgot to inform you” He turned back to inform this and I chose again a nod to respond.

“You know what Garv Sir, I received their call when I was with Arisa and Avantika ma’am and they were shocked to hear they paid you around 500k dollars only to post a photo and video”  He tried to get my reaction as expected but I didn’t react to his piece of information, resulting in disappointment clearly reflected in their face.

He left without continuing speaking and I raised only to do my night routine which includes skincare. 
.................
I hope you all loved the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment down below.

Take care and stay hydrated

See you soon in the next update

Avina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 257 10
A desi college romance story. (Kindly note : This is a revised version of FTG. The previous version will not be continued further. This is Shrey and...
5.9K 302 16
Book 1 of series Destiny's mystery....... 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 DEVANSH SINGH RATHORE..... ___________________________________________ _________________________...
20.4K 1.4K 42
Book 1 of "Fated To Love Series" As he stood in the hallowed halls of the temple, surrounded by the murmurs of prayers and the soft glow of flickerin...
92.2K 3.6K 78
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...