The Queen of Aramdeau

By K_B_Fletcher

Daniela becomes engaged to the King of Aramdeau, but will it be enough to preserve the peace between their co... More

Chapter 1: Charles, King of Aramdeau
Chapter 2: Daniela of Brasador
Chapter 3: Kernwith Abbey
Chapter 4: Charles' Decade
Chapter 5: Ternhaligon Castle
Chapter 6: The Dowager Queen
Chapter 7: A Ride in the Forest
Chapter 8: In the Sight and Care
Chapter 9: The Town of Greenholde
Chapter 10: Tournament
Chapter 11: Departures
Chapter 12: Write to Me
Chapter 13: Customs and Gifts
Chapter 14: Queen Regent
Chapter 15: Your Impatient Husband
Chapter 16: A Small Deception
Chapter 17: On the Northwestern Coast
Chapter 18: A Letter from Home
Chapter 19: Rest
Chapter 20: The Eastern Border
Chapter 21: A Day in Winter

Author's Note and Thank You

18 1 6
By K_B_Fletcher

I would like to say thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read The Queen of Aramdeau. I tell myself that I am writing for its own sake, but if we are really honest, there is no better feeling than seeing a new comment or seeing those reads tick up one by one. Thank you so much for all your kind and encouraging words; they truly transform the experience of writing and make it that much more fun.

I cannot believe The Queen of Aramdeau is finally complete! I wrote it in a whirlwind that felt like a fever dream. For about two months, it completely occupied my every thought.

Normally I am the type of person who has to have music or an audiobook playing whenever my mind is unoccupied, but for the entirety of February and March of this year, whenever I was walking, exercising, doing the dishes, cooking, etc., I was in a Queen of Aramdeau trance; imagining conversations, letters, plot twists, dresses and food. (I wonder if my family noticed me totally zoning out all spring?)

In a lot of ways I feel my writing has improved, but there is a massive amount still to learn. If you felt shy about giving constructive criticism elsewhere in the comments, please feel free to leave it here, or just tell me what you thought generally about the book!

Personally, I feel like the ending was a bit rushed (I do this with everything I write; I get impatient to see the end!) and I really ought to have given more Charles' POV chapters, and definitely some more Nicole and Tom development!

I cannot say it enough: thank you, thank you, thank you for reading The Queen of Aramdeau.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 25.7K 31
[COMPLETED] It all seemed to be a fairy tale ending to Princess Elizabeth. She had found a wonderful family, she lived in a beautiful castle, and she...
1.7K 393 22
[Shortlist | Ambassadors Pick] Alicia DuMont is telling the truth. Unless you count lies of omission, which she decidedly does not. Twenty-four and f...
592K 34.3K 36
{WATTYS 2020 WINNER} {FEATURED BOOK} Paris, 1663. 500 girls selected by King Louis XIV embark on a journey across the seas from their homeland. Each...
1.3M 68.9K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...