That Type Of Love (Déja Vü)

By hyunwrites2

This story is based on the song "Déja Vü" itself by TXT. It explores themes of longing, reunion, and the cycl... More

Chapte One : Coming Back To You
Chapter Two : You're Back?
Chapter Three : In Desperate
Chapter Four : Party Goers
Chapter Five : Welcome Back Party
Chapter Six : Drunk Ass
Chapter Seven : One Time Problem
Chapter Eight : Ex - Lovers
Chapter Nine : Home Visit
Chapter Ten : Talk To Me
Chapter Eleven : Knockout
Chapter Twelve : Garden Fun
Chapter Fourteen : Promise
Chapter Fifteen : See You Soon
Chapter Sixteen : Long Journey
Chapter Seventeen : Arrival
Chapter Eighteen : Friends
Chapter Nineteen : Tiring Day (🔞)
Chapter Twenty : I'm Interested In You
Chapter Twenty-One : Lasts A Lifetime
Chapter Twenty-Two : At Peace
Chapter Twenty-Three : Invitation
Chapter Twenty-Four : Attendees
Chapter Twenty-Five : Be My Partner
Chapter Twenty-Six : Pack Up
Chapter Twenty-Seven : Bye For Now
Chapter Twenty-Eight : Lucky To Have You
Chapter Twenty-Nine : Reunion Party
Chapter Thirty : Happy For You
Chapter Thirty-One : A Night To Remember
Chapter Thirty-Two : One Sweet Kiss
Chapter Thirty-Three : Fun Beach Escapade
Chapter Thirty-Four : Stay With Me

Chapter Thirteen : New Look

11 0 0
By hyunwrites2

After that scenario earlier, Jisung wasn’t so sure if he feels irritated or happy of what he had seen at that moment. He knew Seungmin liked Hyunjin ever since before but then he doesn’t like seeing them being too close together. Not because he’s jealous of them or whatever but he knows that Hyunjin still loves Yeonjun and Seungmin is just wasting his time for the other. It’s not quite fair at all. He still would love Hyunjin to be with Yeonjun again that’s why he granted Yeonjun’s wish to give Hyunjin’s number to him. That way they could have communication so Hyunjin would be happy rather than be sad like he used to.

“Seung, can we talk?” Jisung asked once he saw Seungmin passed through the kitchen door into the backyard. His eyes were glued on Hyunjin who was sitting on one of the chairs while chatting with Minho who has just finished doing some kind of exercise Jisung doesn’t really get.

Seungmin turned around to face him though and gave him a nod of acknowledgement. He took another sip from his drink and sat down next to Jisung. He looked around a bit before finally saying something, “What’s up?” Seungmin replied in between sips of his drink. Jisung sighed loudly and closed his eyes. “You know what’s up.”

Seungmin furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly to the side. “What were you doing? You do know Hyunjin still loves Yeonjunnie so why were you trying your best to make a move on him?”

Jisung paused after he said those words and waited for Seungmin to answer but apparently there’s no answer to his question. “I mean yeah I thought that the reason behind the way you are acting lately might be about Hyunjin but I think it’s better to ask you directly. Are you still in love with him or something?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Seungmin asked and let out a sigh after saying that.
Jisung couldn’t help but let his eyes widen as the statement registered itself in his brain.

“Seungmin please, if you’re gonna try to confess to him again..please don’t. Hyunjin still loves his man so don’t make this harder for him.

Don’t make everything complicated for the three of you.” Seungmin didn’t respond which meant he had heard what Jisung just said. Jisung stood up slowly and made his way towards the backdoor where he heard Hyunjin’s voice. “Go confess to Jisung already, you dumbass!” He heard Hyunjin shouting before hearing a laugh coming from Minho. What are they talking about?
And then without another word, Jisung left the kitchen and headed to check on Minho.

Meanwhile Seungmin was left behind, sitting alone on the chair, lost in thoughts. Maybe he’d been thinking a little too hard about it. After what Jisung said, maybe he did feel some sort of way towards Hyunjin but he knows it’s not going anywhere. They were best friends and nothing will happen because of it even if Hyunjin does like Yeonjun.

But still. He had to confess soon as possible. If it was up to him, he never wants to see Hyunjin in pain because he doesn’t know how much longer he can endure seeing him hurt so bad by Yeonjun. Seungmin had known Hyunjin ever since they were little kids; even before Hyunjin met Yeonjun. The two of them are practically inseparable now and the only thing Seungmin needs was Hyunjin to be happy. So right now that’s the only thing that matters, he needed to confess to Hyunjin. No matter what the results will be.

He sighed deeply and put his cup of coffee on the table. He didn’t bother drinking more of it as the caffeine is probably going to be the last thing that he consumes today. He stands up and makes his way towards the entrance of the backyard but then stopped when he saw Hyunjin coming inside.

Seungmin averted his gaze and pretended to look at the flowers instead. As much as he tried, he didn’t manage to stop himself staring at the older boy every couple seconds.

He felt stupid for it but that’s just how he feels. Hyunjin has always been attractive to him in that way. And Seungmin has been admiring him since he saw him for the first time years ago. It was his fault if his heart decided to skip a beat when he saw Hyunjin, he admits to himself, because he’s a sap. He’s been pining for a long time now and there’s no use trying to deny it anymore. He’s still in love with his best friend no matter what.

“Hey, Seung.” Hyunjin called out. Seungmin glanced at him and gave him a small smile as he said ‘hi’ back in an unusually quiet tone. A few minutes later, Hyunjin sat down on the kitchen island, leaning on the marble countertop. He rested his face against his palms and stared blankly ahead, as usual.

“What’s up? Why so quiet?” Seungmin shrugged. “Did Jisung do something to you again?” At that question, Seungmin let out a soft chuckle. “No, we’re good.”

Hyunjin frowned at the response, “Then what? Did he do something else that makes you look like that? Is he angry again? Or did you get rejected in the middle of a date again? Because I swear if he hurts you again--” Seungmin cut Hyunjin off and gently pressed his palm over Hyunjin’s own hand. When Hyunjin looked up and blinked several times to focus his vision properly, Seungmin was looking at him, with a sweet smile and bright eyes. “Relax Hyunjin, it’s nothing serious. We’re okay.” Hyunjin nodded slowly, still feeling a tad nervous, “Okay then…what’s—“

“Hyun, do you still remember that day when I first confessed to you?” Seungmin asked, cutting him off yet again. Hyunjin furrowed his brows once again, “Yeah? Why would you bring that up right now? Wait. Do you..” He trailed off when he realized what Seungmin is trying to hint at.

“Do I still like you?” Seungmin asked. For someone who likes to play coy sometimes, Seungmin sounded extremely straightforward, “Yeah. I still do, Hyune.”

Hyunjin didn’t know what to say. Sure, they have always been friends and Seungmin didn’t seem to be playing any games when it came to confessing his feelings to him but why was he making things difficult now. Hyunjin let out a deep sigh as he removed his hands from Seungmin’s hold on them, only to draw away as far as he could from him.

“I told you since before that I can’t. We can’t, Seung. I’m sorry but I only see you as a brother.” Hyunjin whispered. He then got up from his seat as well and walked towards the doorway, wanting to leave.

Just as Hyunjin reached out to open the door, Seungmin grabbed his wrist gently and pulled him back. “Don’t go. Please.” Hyunjin turned around to face Seungmin. “Seung I—“ Hyunjin began but Seungmin cut him off yet again. This time with a kiss.

For a second or two Hyunjin was frozen. He looked shocked at the sudden action which caused Seungmin to pull away from his grip. “Seung I don’t know if—“ Hyunjin started but again Seungmin interrupted him by grabbing both sides of his face to pull him into another kiss. It took all of Hyunjin’s willpower to resist, to push Seungmin away. To push him away from him. To break their connection. Once they separated, Seungmin looked straight into Hyunjin’s eyes which were shining brightly and filled with tears. And then he looked away, sighing heavily in disappointment when Hyunjin didn’t even look at him. “You should stop, Seung. This isn’t good for you or for me. I love somebody else and nothing will ever change that.” With that, Hyunjin left without letting him reply.

———
Beomgyu woke up with a start, listening to the loud rings of his alarm clock beside him. The alarm clock’s sound reverberated through the entire house. He groaned loudly as he sat up abruptly in the bed and turned around.

He then reached out a hand to turn off the alarm, which he finally managed to do, and proceeded to throw the covers off of himself. Beomgyu got up out of bed and made his way towards the mirror. He opened his wardrobe doors one by one and started pulling some clothes out of it before running towards the bathroom to change out of them. He threw a towel on top of the toilet seat and splashed some cold water on his face before turning to look at his reflection in the mirror. His hair was a complete mess after sleeping for almost four hours. He really needs a haircut soon. And maybe a new hair colour too? Maybe he could try going to the hair salon today.

Beomgyu exited the room, closing the door behind him, then went downstairs to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for himself. While preparing some food, he heard a sound coming from the telephone near the wall, next to the living room sofa, indicating that someone might be calling him. Curious he stepped closer to investigate and picked up the phone. “Hello?”

A voice responded immediately. “Hello, is this Choi Beomgyu?”
“Yes, it’s me, speaking. Who is this?” Beomgyu replied with a raised brow, hoping to get to the point.

“Hi, Beomgyu. It’s me, Taehyun!”
It took everything in Beomgyu’s power to keep his cool. That name. That fucking name. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Why does he have to talk to Taehyun now of all time? Why the fuck does he have to call him now?! What is he planning?

“Hey.” Taehyun continued, “I hope I haven’t disturbed you or anything.” Beomgyu shook his head slightly before answering. “No, not at all. You haven’t. But I have to admit that I am rather surprised that you would call me.”

Taehyun chuckled. “Really? That’s very weird of me then.”
“Haha yeah, just a little I guess. So what’s up?”
“I just wanted to ask if you’re free today.” Taehyun said, seemingly sounding hesitant for some reason.

“Well, it seem like I am. You’re up for a hang out?”
“I mean, yeah, we could.”
“Great, I’ll come there to pick you up. Just send me your address later.”

“Sure thing! See ya later!”
Beomgyu ended the call then quickly send the address of where he is currently staying before rushing outside of the apartment building. After all, it wouldn’t do him good to be standing around here any longer than necessary if he wanted to meet Taehyun sooner than expected. Besides, being late was probably the last thing he doesn’t want to do either.

So he waited on him in the street corner, nervously glancing around, checking every minute or so if anyone was about to approach him. He sighed heavily once the car parked right in front of him and he hopped inside it. As soon as he buckled his seatbelt Taehyun spoke up. “So where are we headed anyway?”

“Hair Salon. It’s a makeover day for me,” Beomgyu smiled lightly at Taehyun and patted his leg softly, signaling for Taehyun to drive off as soon as possible. Which he did, and the car ride was spent in silence. Taehyun never tried to initiate conversation between them, and neither did Beomgyu. They didn’t exchange more than five words throughout the whole ride.

Once they arrived at the hair salon, Taehyun parked outside before unbuckling his seatbelt and stepping out of the car, opening the passenger’s side door, and offering his hand towards Beomgyu to help him out of the vehicle. Beomgyu grabbed it and stepped out of the car after Taehyun, closing the door quietly behind him. He then followed Taehyun inside. Upon seeing him, the girl at the counter greeted him cheerfully while smiling widely.

Taehyun returned her smile politely before looking over to Beomgyu, silently gesturing for him to come over.
Beomgyu glanced around the salon a bit before walking over, Taehyun close behind him.

“Um, I’d like to change my hair colour please and a hair cut for him as well.” He said, pointing at Taehyun as he spoke with slight hesitation. There was a silence amongst them. For a moment Taehyun seemed a bit flustered, scratching his head slightly.

The girl, who apparently was called Joy, smiled kindly to them as she walked over to the sink to get her things together to prepare for whatever dyeing they’re gonna need.

“Okay, please come this way, sir.” She then led Taehyun and Beomgyu further into the salon.
And with that, their magic makeover began.

———
It’s a happy day for the Choi Family. They were having a great time eating lunch together and Yeonjun couldn’t be more happier as he and Felix were sitting with each other. Everyone was talking animatedly about what they had done all morning.

Yeonjun’s mom and Dad were telling them funny stories about how they used to be a couple and how proud they were of Yeonjun. And Yeonjun, who had been told these stories many times before but had always found it so amusing nevertheless, had the biggest grin plastered on his face. His parents were always like that towards him; they showed him so much affection and support whenever they could. Of course he loved them a lot, they were the greatest people in his life and he truly cared for them.
Meanwhile Felix were admiring the interactions between Yeonjun’s parents with interest. “But I also noticed that I never met Yeonjun’s sister.”
That made Yeonjun’s father to laugh. “Well, it because he doesn’t have one. He’s our only child, Felix.”

Felix gasped, his mouth hanging open and an astonished expression on his face. “Really?”
Yeonjun’s mother nodded with a smile before saying. “Yes, really. He’s our one and only child.”

The rest of their lunch consisted of talking about Yeonjun and his family. And then suddenly they heard someone calling Yeonjun’s name. It seems as though everyone’s attention has diverted towards the entrance. There, entering the mansion was none other than Beomgyu in his new hair colour and sporting some stylish clothes along with it. And the second Yeonjun saw Beomgyu, he grinned and waved enthusiastically at him, causing Beomgyu to return the gesture enthusiastically. Then the two men approached each other and Beomgyu engulfed Yeonjun into a warm hug. “Hyung!”

“I didn’t expect to see you coming! And wow, you look dashingly handsome in that new hair colour! Suits you perfectly!” Yeonjun complimented while squeezing the shorter male tightly.

After releasing Beomgyu from his grip, he looked at the others present, smiling brightly to them. “May I join?” He asked politely.

Yeonjun’s dad stood up. “Of course! You’re always welcome joining us, Beomgyu.” With that, the entire group started laughing together and enjoying themselves once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 310 4
Everything is going well... Until everything crashes down one day. Or Comeback is approaching and Soobin ends up overworking himself, luckily his hyu...
52.7K 2.7K 29
(𝐀 𝐃𝐍𝐅 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐔) - The tales of the forest goblin. A monster so frightening and cruel that no man or woman who's entered the DeepThorn...
2.2M 128K 44
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
282K 17.1K 39
Dab_ulous: lemme smash? Dab_ulous: please? Brownieee: hoe about no? Brownieee: *how - where bambam finds yugyeom on a dating app