Realistic Fantasies Awards

By BeyondTheCanvas

➷ Current Status : Closed for Judging ⭕ Looking for an award show which will provide you honest reviews of yo... More

🪻Rules & Payments🪻
🪻Main Categories🪻
🪻Mini Categories🪻
🪻Prizes🪻
🪻Participant's Form🪻
🪻Judge's Form🪻
🪻Tag Fest 🪻
🪻Judging Criteria🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Cover🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best Cover🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Heartbreaking Chapter🪻
🪻RESULTS : Beat Heartbreaking Chapter🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Male Protagonist🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best Male Protagonist🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best First Chapter🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best First Chapter🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Female Protagonist🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best Female Protagonist🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Title🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best Title🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Blurb🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Heartwarming Chapter🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best Heartwarming Chapter🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Couple🪻
🪻RESULTS : Best Couple🪻
🪻JUDGING - Jeon Jungkook🪻
🪻JUDGING : Original Books🪻
ANNOUNCEMENT
🪻Tag Fest : Winner🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Aesthetics & Banner🪻
🪻JUDGING : Best Oneshot🪻
🪻JUDGING : Kim Namjoon🪻
🪻JUDGING : Kim Seokjin🪻
🪻JUDGING : Min Yoongi🪻
🪻JUDGING : Jung Hoseok🪻
🪻JUDGING : Park Jimin🪻
🪻JUDGING : Kim Taehyung🪻
🪻JUDGING : Short Story🪻
🪻JUDGING : OT7🪻
🪻RESULTS : Oneshot🪻

🪻RESULTS : Best Blurb🪻

42 10 16
By BeyondTheCanvas

So, here are the results of the ‘Best Blurb’ category. Congratulations to those who win, and congratulations to those too who participated. I hope nobody gets demotivated. These types of opportunities help us to improve more.

➷ Please take the judge's opinions as advices. Don't disrespect your judge.

➷ Don't unfollow the Judge, the community or the host. It will lead to your entry in the blacklist.

JUDGE : Rosecherry2602

“Reviews”

Chaos veiled in harmony by ivna_jung

Summarizing quality - 9/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 7/10
Insight to the story- 8/10
Creativity - 8/10
Overall - 8/10

The blurb compliments the title and leaves questions in the mind of readers. The blurb’s tone has a nice ring to it with its vocabulary being not-so-simple and not-so-complicated. It is intriguing. However, I’d suggest partitioning the blurb. The four main lines need not have spaces between them and there can be more material to the blurb indicating the genre and uniqueness of the book. The genre seems to be a family thriller but the sub genres and themes also need to be mentioned to give readers clarity in what they're getting themselves into and attract the potential audience. Overall, the blurb is good and needs some minor edit but all in all, it’s still effective.

Total 40/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

I do believe in your galaxy by NivethaBaranikumar

Summarizing quality - 8/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 7/10
Insight to the story- 9/10
Creativity - 7810
Overall - 8/10

The blurb poses the themes of the story and the hidden conflict and characters. The blurb is simple and has the potential to drive the audience into the story. I’ll suggest you to hint at the nature of the book on whether it’s fluff or dark or some other theme as a large number of the audience look up for the themes and tropes used in the story before clicking in. You need to hint at what they should expect in the book with unique themes used in the book. The secrets and thrill can be explored more by not just mentioning the secrets but also what those secrets can be about. Like adding a line such as, “join the journey filled with thrill” *whatever the thrill/trope/uniqueness might be*’’. This will not only invite the readers but also make them aware of the themes of the book. It can be economic disparities,murder mystery, fluff mention etc.A lot of readers on wattpad are just scrolling and they’ll click on the book when they see the theme they like.

Total 40/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Lost in The Maze by strawberry1d

Summarizing Quality - 8/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 6/10
Insight to the story - 7/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

The blurb is small and simple and has hinted at the potential readers. However, there are a lot of wattpad stories with the same themes and plot line. There needs to be a clear distinction and also the mention of sub-themes and tropes. The blurb is too small to aim at the right audience. A lot of readers on wattpad have read the ex-getting-back trope and a lot of readers love this trope, so they might end up reading the book. But, a lot of them would be expecting fluff, some might expect angst. You need to clear who you’re catering to. Upon seeing the revenge tag, I understood that the theme was angst and I slightly read the book as well but not everyone will do that. Readers want to read ‘their type of book’ and some readers just hate the bitter interactions and it can be triggering to them, so when they read the book and come across revenge, humiliation and slvt shaming, they can be taken aback . So, there needs to be clear mention of the theme as you don’t want the non-aimed readers to reach the book. If they’re not interested then they can simply skip past the book by looking at the direction of the story, without being extremely critical towards the book.

Total 35/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Yadavi : The Name of Yearning by dwarkaratna

Summarizing quality - 10/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 9/10
Insight to the story - 9/10
Creativity - 8/10
Overall - 9/10

The blurb is very close to a professionally published book’s blurb. It uses the right imagery, description and vocabulary. It also caters to the right audience. There’s a clear mention of conflict, characters and their background. However, I’d suggest partitioning the blurb properly. The conflict and character description (upper part) has a lot of unnecessary spacing between the sentences. The dialogue part (middle part) needs to be partitioned from the first part and the credits part. You can use lining or symbols or emojis which will also be aesthetically pleasing and attractive. All in all, the blurb is great but just needs minor polishing.

Total 45/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Mrs. Park by Aein_yeobo7

Summarizing quality - 8/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 7/10
Insight to the story - 7/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

The lower description part is well written and creates the setting, mood and environment for the story.Yet, I got confused over the last sentence as to what the conflict might be- if they’re married and now work together  or eventually got married as they’ve worked together? Also, the words such as ‘smirk’, ‘stared blankly’ etc are overused and do a very little role to present the imagery that we want to share. Instead, you can use more emotive words that can create imagery and show the audience and not just tell. There also needs to be a distinct factor in the book which needs to be highlighted as readers will scroll on wattpad and they’ll click on something that’s unique for the tropes and themes they love. The spacing is also a bit too huge between the dialogue and description. The first part seems laid back in vocabulary but the second part is beautifully descriptive. So, it’s important to mend the inconsistencies. Overall, the blurb has the potential to attract the audience if it specifies some unique feature of the book.

Total 36/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Trial by Fire by LiebeKlara

Summarizing quality - 7/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 8/10
Insight to the story - 7/10
Creativity - 9/10
Overall -  8/10

I found the blurb to be very intriguing. The themes of the book and the onc prompt are very unique. The little description is poetic and well written. But it’s very little and needs a bit of description of the conflict of the book. Even though the blurb gives insights to the characters,background and setting of the book, it still needs a bit of detailing to hook readers emotionally rather than just a text-book blurb. Overall, a bit of detail will make the blurb better than it already is and also with the addition of themes mentioned in the book. I know the themes are hinted at but they need to be detailed directly for the correct audience to reach the book. A bit of detail with unanswered questions can still be intriguing with beautiful prose in the blurb.

Total 39/40

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Cassandra de ville by lupe6583v

Summarizing quality - 9/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 9/10
Insight to the story -  10/10
Creativity - 8/10
Overall - 8/10

The blurb is written well, captures the interest of the audience and also emphasizes the conflict, characters, setting and background. It is short and simple and the length works. However, I’d like to suggest that there should be highlighting the uniqueness in the book. I understand the book’s strengths are its beautiful language and stern female lead but readers need to have that one point which is unique to the book in the blurb. They’ll read the book only if they find a stand out element. This can be anything in the book which might draw potential readers and it needs to be mentioned in the blurb, first and foremost. The blurb is the place to brag about the book without bragging about the book.

Total 44/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Delicate Whispers of Love by Sofietaekook

Summarizing quality - 7/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 8/10
Insight to the story - 8/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

The blurb effectively captures the insights of the book. The length is also fine but there are a lot of unnecessary gaps between sentences. The blurb is heartwarming and sweet which reflects the book. I’d suggest highlighting some unique features in the book to intrigue and hook the audience. The blurb also does a great job in reaching the intended audience by highlighting the fluff and flirty element in the book. Overall, the blurb is short and simple but needs a standout element for distinction.

Total 37/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Whispers of Infertility, Shouts of Love by Sofietaekook

Summarizing quality - 8/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 8/10
Insight to the story - 8/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 8/10

The blurb effectively captures the unique features of the book, conflict, setting, characters, relationships and the mood of the story. However, the first part is written in a screenplay-like manner which can put-off many readers as it seems unprofessional. Yet, the second part is very heartwarming and creates very relevant imagery for the book. The last line about love beyond blood is very creative. One suggestion would be to detail the conflict as the blurb doesn't  mention the infertility part and the reader has to take a hint from the title. It also reaches the right audience.

Total 39/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Love with his Duality by Sugaga777

Summarizing quality - 7/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 7/10
Insight to the story - 8/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 8/10

The blurb is effectively conveying one side of Jimin but the other side of his duality is not detailed.  The last line leaves a playful pun for the readers. I’ll suggest Jungkook's mention too as he’s an important and stand out character and the love triangle lovers will also assemble. Also, add the hints of Jimin’s other side as the first-time readers won't know the other side of Jimin and they’ll think that it’s just a mature themed book, which it is but it’s also a lot more.  The conflict, main characters and setting is also mentioned. Well done!

Total 37/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Caused by Scientist by Sugaga777

Summarizing quality - 9/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 8/10
Insight to the story - 9/10
Creativity - 9/10
Overall - 8/10

The blurb is very intriguing and leaves readers with the cliffhanger. It combined with the title gives a hint of what the story might be. There are few grammatical mistakes, however. Overall, it’s intriguing, playful, unique and captures the characters and conflicts well. It also reaches the right audience as the audience will know what they’ve signed up for.

Total 43/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

“Results”

First Position

dwarkaratna for “Yadavi : The Name of Yearning”

Second Position

lupe6583v for “Cassandra de Ville”

➷ Rewards will be distributed soon.

➷ Heartiest congratulations to everyone. If you want the certificate and sticker by Pinterest (in case, you use a laptop), then dm me... ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
67.3K 2.1K 23
We all wonder what will happen after we die right? Do you want to know some strange and scary facts about DEATH? Here are some facts about death you...
805 185 6
Looking for a place where you can be famous ? Here you will get follow from two/three accounts on my accord ! Not just f4f V4V C4C And many more ✨H...
17.3K 740 16
These are some very emotional quotes which will make you cry or will make you think about your love. These are my very own lonely quotes for lonely p...