D E S E R T ❁ D E S I R ES...

MajesticEnigma8 tarafından

Lidia O'Connell. A fighter, an agent, and most importantly a hundred and ten percent done with her brother's... Daha Fazla

OH BROTHER...
A HAWK IN THE OWL'S NEST
Update!
CRUISING DOWN THE RIVER
A STROLL THROUGH THE DESERT
MOMENTS IN BETWEEN
RUFFLED FEATHERS
MOMENTS IN BETWEEN N0°2
A new chapter is coming soon!
THE RISE
WHEN FIRE RAINS
Update
MEMORIES OF A LIFE BEFORE
MEMORIES OF A LIFE BEFORE N0°2
AN EVENING DRIVE
MEMORIES OF A LIFE BEFORE NO°3
RETURN TO THE CITY
RESONANCE OF THE SOUL
THE LAST DANCE

A little something on the side

159 7 0
MajesticEnigma8 tarafından

While I work on the next chapter, I figured I'd do a little book dump. I have so many bits and pieces of this story that won't be making its way into the main plot or was just something that I wrote to satisfy a brain itch I have. So without further ado, enjoy some scattered bits.

BIT #01: A song that birthed a scene

Tell Ur Girlfriend- Lay Bankz

=What it's been with us this whole time=

"Look at me. Look me in the eye and tell me you're mine, Ardeth." Lidia said seriously. Ardeth had begun to distance himself from her recently. They had discussed the expectations of their relationship all but briefly in the past. They both knew that the passion between them had an expiration date, but Lidia was willing to fight for them.

"I can't." Ardeth couldn't look her in the eye. He wouldn't be able to handle seeing the hurt he'd cause. He'd hope that by putting distance between them, their fire would slowly fizzle out. The distance however did nothing but piss her off. That's what brought her to his village, under the guise of 'official business'. Thats why now, while the people of his village slept peacefully, she stood before him demanding answers.

"I don't give a shit if your elders have a pre-arranged engagement made for you." Lidia had made her way over to where he was sitting. She placed her hand on the back of the chair, effectively caging him in. "What do you want, Ardeth?"

"It's more complicated than that, Lidia." Ardeth was having trouble focusing. Lidia was leaning over him, face close and eyes piercing his very being. He was used to her aggression, just not when it's been turned on him.

"Then make it simple." Lidia whispered into his ear. She was laying kisses along his neck as she settled in his lap. Ardeth's hands came to rest on her hips instinctively. "I know what I want, Ardeth, and I'm not afraid to go after it." He felt her nibbling on his neck, knowingly leaving a trail of hickeys. She was marking her territory for anyone to see.

=What if I let your girl find out? =

With her body against his, and her roaming hands and lips, rational thought was absent from his mind. He had expectations to meet for his community as both a warrior and a commander. His people would never accept an outsider as his partner. Yet he knew that Lidia had his heart in her hands, just as he had hers.

BIT #02: A conversation between Chief Adnan and Ardeth after their meeting with Carlyle

Two Medjay walked into the tent. Chief Adnan Bay and his son Ardeth had just returned from France after meeting with the new Director of the Guardians.

"Disrespectful, foul mouthed, ignorant son of a-" Ardeth rubbed at his temples as his father continued to talk. His father had been complaining nonstop since the meeting four days ago. His father was right of course. The blatant disrespect shown by the Guardians new director was inexcusable. The Medjay have cherished their practices as well as their fighting style for thousands of years. They took great pride in their skills as warriors and even when the world changed with time, they refused to forget the ways of their people. Thus, the anger fueled ramblings of Adnan continued.

Carlyle had the grand idea that instead of pushing the date of the meeting back, he'd negotiate the new deal with the Crows himself. His father's agenda had listed the suggestion of having the Crows undergo the mandated training field agents have to do, albeit leave it as optional. While Henry had understood the importance of allowing the Medjay their freedom, his son didn't. He figured he could try to fold the Medjay under the organization's jurisdiction completely.

The Medjay were labeled as the 'Crow' division. After repeatedly butting heads and stepping on each other's toes on missions, a deal was brokered. The Guardians could count on the Medjay to protect Egypt and its treasures as they had been for thousands of years while also receiving support from the organization. In return, the Medjay would provide information and assist the Guardians when needed (so long as it doesn't violate their codes, morals, and traditions). It was a perfectly symbiotic relationship. Ardeth had supported the deal knowing that the Guardians had resources that stretched farther and wider than there's could. It had taken a lot of convincing but eventually the leaders of all twelve tribes agreed.

"And to think I allowed you to convince me to join them in the first place."

"Father, complaining about it won't change anything. The agreement we had was mutually beneficial."

"It was. Past tense. Until they apologize and that new director resigns, the Medjay will no longer work with the Guardians."

"We should think this through a bit more. They have valuable resources that can help us with our mission. I think we should at least wait for Henry and our liaison to come back before we make any final decisions."

"Ardeth, I like Lidia. I really do, but what difference would it make to have her there when she works for them?"

"Because she understands our ways. She's our liaison because she doesn't allow her position to affect her duty to represent us in the organization."

"And where was she then?" Ardeth said nothing. Lidia was usually present for every meeting they had between the two organizations. So where was she?

BIT #03: A random doodle I did of the moment Tiye died in Zahur's arms (I haven't sketched in a while, so my skills are a bit dusty. I was also lit off mushroom tea {stay away from drugs kids} )

BIT #04: Something I wrote after I read somewhere that Brendan Fraser's down to do another 'Mummy'

With Brendan Fraser's renewed popularity, obviously someone must have brought "The Mummy". The article I read doesn't allude to much, but I feel like that fact we're talking about it means something. Someone essentially asked him if he'd do another installment and he said, 'show me the script', so I have high hopes. I feel like as a fan base we all collectively pretend the third movie just didn't happen. We all know it was bad between the re-casting of Evelyn, the general plot of the movie, and in part some of the execution of it. I think this could be a redemption arc if they do it right.

This is what I'd do if given creative liberty with the story line. 

1. Kill off Evie|| Let me explain before you come for me. Part of the issue with the third movie was Maria Bello as Evie. She did great and I give her props for that but, that chemistry between the characters we experience in the first two movies seemed vastly different in the third. If Evie gets killed off, this gives us a plot point to work with on some character development for Rick.

2. Rick|| We've already seen a version of Rick without Evie. He's driven by loss and rage and he's impulsive. He threw himself into danger and during that battle with the scorpion king and Imhotep, there's a moment of almost defeat on his face. It's almost like he was about to throw in the towel because what kind of world would he be saving if she wasn't in it? My line of thinking is if Evie died of something he couldn't physically fight, what kind of reaction would we get? Let's say Evie is afflicted with a terminal disease (cancer is easiest) and it's not sudden. Knowing Evie's character, she would probably prepare him for the worst well into her final days. She'd tell him that he needs to keep living his life and be there for their son (even though he's grown). She'd probably tell him that she'll wait for him in the there-after.

The grieving version of Rick we'd get is more beaten and bruised. He'd probably give up on being an adventurer, turn down any job offers, and isolate himself. He'd be a shell of his former self. Jonathan would probably come to live with him to support him (and because he gambled away his fortune and needs a place to stay). So, what would motivate him in this movie? Family obviously. (Alexa, play Bandoleros)

3. Alex and Lin|| In the third movie, we saw these two smooching. If we follow the adventure movie formula, near death experiences + saving the world + knowing world altering knowledge that you can't talk to anyone else about = a healthy long-lasting relationship. Alex and Lin probably would have gotten married by now. Lin's character (although I think needs a little more work on the execution) seems head strong and reasonable. She's had to live some few hundred years with the weight of responsibility and knows that if something should be left alone, to leave it the fuck alone. She probably keeps Alex in check to some extent, so they probably haven't been poking around any haunted/cursed tombs. They probably at this point have a kid, a little girl with the same brains and curiosity as Evie. It wouldn't be too outlandish for this little girl to be good with languages. Alex could read hieroglyphs at the age of 8 and she would belong to a multilingual home. Alex would probably teach her how to interpret hieroglyphs to keep some part of his mom's memory alive. I think it would be cute that she'd grow up idolizing her grandparents and imagining joining them on their adventures.

Probably hearing from Jonathan about how bad his dad is doing; He'll invite him to his home (wherever that may be now) to stay with them for a little bit just to get him out the house. Their daughter, who they'll probably name Zi in honor of Lin's mother (and this is how she'll be referred to the rest of my little ramble), would have ten thousand questions about her grandfather's past adventures, and would hang off him while he visits. Rick would soften up a little, and now Alex and Lin have someone to babysit on date night.

4. Conflict|| Alex found something on a dig. It was an important something that someone else wants, so guess what happens while the O'Connell's are out? Boom, intruders! Rick wasn't about to let anyone put his granddaughter in danger so he's fighting back but he's a little out of practice and struggling. Little Zi, probably ignored him telling her to hide would come to help regardless. Between Lin and Alex, she'd probably know some self-defense but that doesn't stop her from clapping someone on the mata with her dad's baseball bat (she'd probably get a few whacks in before Rick has to physically pull her off). They run the fuck out of there, but not before Zi grabbed the thing the intruders were looking for. So, they date crash and tell Alex and Lin what's going down and they're up immediately. Now it's a race against time for something and the O'Connell clan is on the move. They'd probably leave Zi with Jonathan in England for safety reasons. They'll most likely be kidnapped and brought to the final fight as leverage against the O'Connell's. As usual though they come out on top, they head home happy, and Rick has a new lease on life. 

Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll see you in the next chapter, and for the sake of all that's good drink some water. 

Crying in the walk-in fridge,

M.E. Hyde

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

73.2K 1.6K 19
Sophie Carnahan is the sister of Jonathan and Evelyn Carnahan After the death of Sophie's parents, Sophie decides to continue with her fathers work a...
847 34 19
I give him an angry glare. "Another reason why I left Olympus is because I don't want to deal with you gods. So why don't you leave me alone and go a...
1.8K 100 19
Adventurer Damian Wayne, librarian (Y/n) and her clumsy older brother inadvertently wake up a bedevilled mummy, Imhotep, Pharaoh Seti I's high priest...
76.8K 1.6K 15
I am the adopted sister of Evelyn and Jonathan Carnahan. I never thought I'd be pulled into such a crazy adventure in the hot Egyptian sun. I had no...