HOLDING ON (Revised)

By RachelRodriguezObreg

This story continues where Letting Him Go left off. After Nick's death, Allie is left lost and heartbroken. S... More

Authors note.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 5

256 11 0
By RachelRodriguezObreg

*Chapter 5*

*Matthew*

Waking up to her touching me took me by surprise. I loved the feeling of her hands on me. I knew my wolf would come out and mark her if I was not careful. I wanted it to be when she was ready, not because I lost control. Leaving her had been hard for me. But I wanted her to know I was serious about not rushing her into anything. I knew that she was still grieving, and I would never add anything else on top of that. She needed to heal to move on and truly give us a chance.

I took a shower and got ready for the pack meeting. I would announce that Alli, Alex, and Macy would stay at the pack house with me. Alli had several of her enforcers guarding Alexander at all times. I knew that their presence would not go unnoticed. I knew there would be questions, so it was best to get ahead of them.

"I've called this meeting to inform you that Alpha Alli, her son, and her enforcer, Macy, will stay in the pack house. Several of her enforcers will be on the grounds as an extra precaution.

"Why are they here"?" One of my enforcers asked.

"Alpha Alli is my Mate," I said, letting that sink in before continuing.

"What about Sophia?' A friend of hers yelled out.

I chuckled, amused that her friends were trying to start trouble on her behalf.

"I'm going to answer that only because I want to make some things very clear to all of you." I paused.

"Sophia has always known she would never be Luna. She also knew that Alli was my Mate. I have never lied to her or misled her in any way. With that said, I will not address this again." I said, my eyes glowing in warning.

"I want all of you to give them the respect they deserve. There will be consequences for any of you who dare to cross Alli or upset her. Any attack on her is an attack on me, and I will make you pay with your life." I said, knowing that those words were true. With that, the meeting was over.

"How could you embarrass me like that? You act like I mean nothing to you," she yelled.

"I have never lied to you or given you any hope of a future with me. You embarrassed yourself. I always made it clear that I would never love you. I have affection for you, Sophia, but that is all it will ever be." I said, angry that she was acting this way.

"Disrespect me again, and I'll rip your throat out. Remember your place." I said, leaving her standing there stunned.

I was done with all the nonsense either Sophia got with the program, or I may have to let Macy have a go at her. The thought made me smile, and I realized that I had not let the fact that she had already disrespected Alli go yet.

She needed to learn a lesson, and Macy was the right person to teach it.

*Alli*

Today, Matthew was throwing a party introducing Alex, Macy, and me. I was a little nervous. I knew that a woman would be there, and I knew that she would start trouble. I wanted to avoid starting conflict for Matthew or his pack. This past week had flown by, and if I was honest, I felt so much better being here. Being close to Matthew had eased my pain so much. I was thinking clearly for the first time in weeks. I knew Matthew would try to keep me here, but I wasn't sure if that was something I wanted to do yet. I knew the pack was probably Team Sophia, but I could do nothing about that. I never asked to be here, but here I was, and I would make the most of it. No matter what his pack thought of me, I was an Alpha. They had better respect me, or I would make them. I was done being nice. I was born to lead, and pregnant or not, I would make sure they all knew it.

*Matthew*

Everything was ready for the party, scheduled to start in a few hours. I could not help the rush going through my body, knowing I would finally introduce Alli to my pack. Of course, most of them knew about her already, but this would make it official.

She had not accepted me yet, but she would. I wanted everyone to know that she was mine.

"Daddy, you look great!" Isabelle said, coming into my room.

"Well, thank you, Izzy. You don't look so bad yourself. You look like the princess you are." I said, twirling her around.

"Thanks, Daddy," she said with a smile.

"Are you nervous about tonight?" She asked excitedly.

"Maybe just a tiny bit." I lied. I was very nervous. This was big for all of us.

"Don't be; everyone will love Alli as much as I do," she said, walking to the door.

That was one clever girl; she always knew what to say to me. Knowing she liked Alli made me feel at ease now; if I could only make Alli like me how I wanted her to.

I jumped into the shower and let the hot water hit my skin, washing away all my worries. Soon, Alli would be mine, and no one would get in the way.

*Alli*

It had taken me a while to get Alex ready. He hated getting all dressed up; it was like pulling teeth with him.

"Mommy, why do I have to wear this stupid suit." He whined, annoyed.

"You want to look your best, don't you?"

"Yes," he said with a frown.

"Alexander, you have to be presentable. Remember, you are an Alpha's son and will lead our pack one day. Make your daddy proud and show these people how strong and put together you are." I said, placing my arm on his shoulder.

"Okay, Mommy." He said with a smile, the mirror image of his father's.

I knew he was still young, but I did not doubt that this pack would try to put him to the test because he was not Matthew's son.

I wanted him to be ready and confident enough to overcome it all. Nick had taught him well, and even being so young, he had a greater understanding than most.

I grabbed his hand in mine and headed to the door. This was it.

"I was just about to knock," Macy said, smiling at the both of us.

"You ready?" She asked, looking at Alex.

"As ready as I'm going to be." He grinned.

When we got downstairs, there were people everywhere. It was very unsettling for me to be around all these people that I did not know. I spotted Matt from across the room, and he smiled and made his way over to me.

"You look beautiful, Alli. Alex, you look just like your father." Matthew said, smiling down at him.

"My mommy and everyone else tell me the same thing," Alex said, looking around the room.

"Matthew, I have been looking for you everywhere?" Sophia said, placing her hand on his shoulder.

Macy walked over and knocked her hand off his shoulder, and I grinned.

"Why are you touching me right now," Matthew growled, frowning.

"It's a habit. We were together for a long time," she said, her tone making me frown.

"You didn't introduce us last time," she said with a malicious grin. I rolled my eyes, already annoyed by her behavior.

"Alli, this is Sophia. Sophia Alli." He said, introducing us.

"I'd say nice to meet you, but then I'd be lying," I said, my eyes on her.

"This little boy is Alex, Alli's son."

"So you're getting stuck with two kids that are not yours." She smirked.

Macy came out of nowhere again, pushing her to the floor and getting down to her level.

"I would be very careful what you say. Because if you think I won't break your neck, you are very wrong." Macy growled.

She was trying to get to me; if she kept on, Sophia would get more than she could handle.

"Although this is none of your business. These are my children, and both them and me are none of Matthew's pack's concern." I said, waiting for her to say something.

"So you're saying that when your son gets passed up for Alpha because he's not Matthew's, you will be okay with that?" she said, goading me.

"Alexander has no reason to be the Alpha of this pack. He has his father's pack that he will be the Alpha of one day," I shot back at her.

"So you say that you are Matthew's mate, but you and your son are not joining this pack." She said a malicious smile on her face.

This chick was seriously not going to stop.

"First off, it would be smart to remember who the fuck you're talking to. If you have a problem with me, then that's just too bad. I don't have time for all your childish behavior. If you think I stole something from you, then you are mistaken. Matthew is and has always been mine. You only had a chance to meet him because I chose Nick. The father of my babies. I don't need this pack; I have my own." I said, furious.

"Nobody, and I mean nobody, comes for children," I growled, wanting everyone to hear me.

"Testy," she smirked, hands on her hips.

That was it. Sophia did not know when to shut up. I walked up to her, grabbed her by the neck, and squeezed. She started clawing at me, and some of Matthew's pack tried to help her.

"Don't even attempt to help her," Matthew yelled.

Everyone froze and just stared.

"Did you think that you could take me on?" I laughed.

"I'm an Alpha, and here's what you will hate to hear, but I will tell you anyway. I will be your Luna and soon. I'm Matthew's Mate. You will always be beneath me." I smirked

"What you say or think means nothing to me. You are a nobody in the scheme of things," I laughed.

That was all it took because she started shaking and shifted. I backed up to move Alexander out of the way and get him to one of my enforcers.

All I heard before Macy shifted was, "You just fucked up."

Macy shifted and rushed her, and the fight was on. Matthew's pack was restless, and one of their own was under attack, but no one moved. They knew better; their Alpha had been very clear.

"Alpha, are you not going to stop this?" One of the females asked.

"No," she made her bed and let her lie in it."

"Macy has every right to defend her Alpha and my Mate. Sophia was out of line and very disrespectful. I warned you all what would happen if you disrespected my Mate." He growled.

*Macy*

I listened as this bitch disrespected Alli, and my wolf was itching to come out. I held back because I knew that Alli could handle herself.

I held Alexander behind me, ensuring his safety, and waited. My time came when she shifted. My wolf took over. Alli pushed Alexander closer to our enforcers, and I lunged for her, taking her by surprise. She was a lot stronger than I thought, but she was no match for me.

I had been trained by the best to protect Alli. I was deadly to anyone who threatened her. I pulled my teeth back and growled low in my throat. I bit and tore at her viciously. I was not about to let her get off easy. She would be lucky if I let her live.

I got her by the throat, and I bit down hard. She whimpered, but I did not stop.

"Please, please, stop." An older lady said, running, trying to get to Sophia.

"I lunged at her, too, circling them both.

"That's enough," Alli said, her eyes meeting mine.

At Allis's command, I dropped a now very battered and bruised Sophia on the ground and backed up. The women rushed to her and held her sobbing.

"How could you do nothing to stop this?" She yelled at Matthew.

"Your daughter was out of line, Anna, and she had to be taught her place. You are no one to question how I run this pack. I'm Alpha." he growled.

"She was warned more than once and did not listen."

"How can you treat her like this? You were with her for two years, yet you let this stranger come in and try to take over." She yelled angrily.

I growled, pulling back my teeth and letting this woman know she was crossing a line.

"Macy, go shift," Alli said through our pack link.

I hated leaving her there without me, but I did what she told me to. I was back in record time, taking my place next to Alli.

I glared at the woman who was staring daggers at Alli. Enough was enough. This was going to stop, or I would have to kill everyone.

"Look, lady, I don't know who you are, and to tell you the truth, I don't give a fuck. But let me make this very clear. If you keep staring at my Alpha like that, I will rip your eyes out of your head." I growled.

"I'm sick and tired of my Alpha and my friend being challenged, and this goes to all of you who mean Alli harm. I promise you Alli has a pack of her own that will fight to the death for her. In front of your Alpha Matthew, I'll make this promise to you. The next one of you to treat her in any way that is not respectful is dead. No more free passes. Let's go here and now if you think you can take me." I said, anger flowing through me, our other enforcers flanking Alli and Alexander.

*Matthew*

I was beaming from the way Macy protected Alli. I knew my Mate could handle herself, but with her being pregnant and so close to being due, she was a bit delicate. She needed to be as calm as possible all this shit was going to do anything but that.

"Anna, take your daughter and go. She no longer belongs to this pack. You may stay if you choose to, but I don't want to see her again," I said, addressing Anna.

"As for the rest of you, Macy has warned you. If you step out of line, she has my full permission to do it as she sees fit."

"Do you see what you did? You little slut, it's your fault my daughter was thrown out of the pack. You are nothing but a whor..."

That was all she got out before Macy snapped her neck and let her lifeless body drop to the floor.

"Who's next?" She smirked, her eyes glowing, her wolf clawing to get to the surface.

"Macy!" Alli screamed.

"I warned them, Alli. Be upset if you want, but I did what had to be done. They can not get away with that level of disrespect." Macy defended.

"I know," Alli whispered.

Macy had made the right choice. They needed to know that behavior like that would not be tolerated. I got my pack members to remove Anna and Sophia from the pack house, and I turned to Alli, who was still covering Alexander's eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at her pale face.

"I don't think I am. I think my water just broke," she said, tears in her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 1.5K 21
Rejection stings and Clarista knows all about it, it seems that life is flipping her off. Like it's a complete joke and maybe it is. Clarista is goin...
24.2K 1K 21
She was said to be beautiful inside and out. She was said to be the best Luna this pack had ever had, had ever seen. She was kind, gracious, and full...
321K 7K 8
She's slowly losing her mind and falling deeper and deeper into the darkness surrounding her . She needs an escape , so she runs . She runs from the...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

323K 8.3K 117
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...