That Type Of Love (Déja Vü)

By hyunwrites2

This story is based on the song "Déja Vü" itself by TXT. It explores themes of longing, reunion, and the cycl... More

Chapte One : Coming Back To You
Chapter Two : You're Back?
Chapter Three : In Desperate
Chapter Four : Party Goers
Chapter Five : Welcome Back Party
Chapter Six : Drunk Ass
Chapter Seven : One Time Problem
Chapter Eight : Ex - Lovers
Chapter Nine : Home Visit
Chapter Ten : Talk To Me
Chapter Twelve : Garden Fun
Chapter Thirteen : New Look
Chapter Fourteen : Promise
Chapter Fifteen : See You Soon
Chapter Sixteen : Long Journey
Chapter Seventeen : Arrival
Chapter Eighteen : Friends
Chapter Nineteen : Tiring Day (🔞)
Chapter Twenty : I'm Interested In You
Chapter Twenty-One : Lasts A Lifetime
Chapter Twenty-Two : At Peace
Chapter Twenty-Three : Invitation
Chapter Twenty-Four : Attendees
Chapter Twenty-Five : Be My Partner
Chapter Twenty-Six : Pack Up
Chapter Twenty-Seven : Bye For Now
Chapter Twenty-Eight : Lucky To Have You
Chapter Twenty-Nine : Reunion Party
Chapter Thirty : Happy For You
Chapter Thirty-One : A Night To Remember
Chapter Thirty-Two : One Sweet Kiss
Chapter Thirty-Three : Fun Beach Escapade
Chapter Thirty-Four : Stay With Me

Chapter Eleven : Knockout

11 2 0
By hyunwrites2

Hyunjin is drunk. He almost knocked off the can of beers in front of him when he dropped it on the floor but managed to save himself before the beer spilled everywhere.  His friends were too occupied with their own bottles and beers to care, though he could tell one of them is trying his best not to laugh at him. Hyunjin would have been more mad if he wasn't so focused on getting to bed. Seungmin was right behind him, a little red faced and a bit unsteady on his feet. He would normally tease Hyunjin about getting drunk at the same time as him or even just be offended by his friend's lack of control but Seungmin did the opposite. He was more wasted than Hyunjin is now and it’s making both boys feel slightly nauseous.

They stumble together while they try to head out inside, laughing at their own clumsiness. Hyunjin does his best to help Seungmin up the stairs, which turns out to be difficult since he’s taller than the boy and Seungmin’s drunkenly trying to hold onto something to balance him down. It takes a lot of effort and eventually they make it upstairs, only barely. Once there, they collapse into Hyunjin’s bedroom. The boy closes the door to prevent anyone from walking outside and locking them in the dark room. Seungmin sits down on the floor by Hyunjin’s desk, leaning back against the wall. Hyunjin falls face first on his bed after kicking off his shoes.  He’s never this far gone in all the times he’s drank before. It was probably because they had eaten some sort of food earlier that made him feel like he’d float away if he drank anymore. That had to be it. It must have been that. Seungmin has never been good in alcohol. In fact, he had gotten so drunk once he had been dared to drink ten can of beers without complaining about it later.

Apparently, he hadn't learned anything from it. It was hilarious how much worse he got afterwards than the previous night.
Meanwhile the other two, Jisung and Minho, were left behind at the back of the house. The older was helping Jisung out because he was vomiting and seemed like he might pass out any moment.

Minho was standing nearby, rubbing his shoulder sympathetically and talking to him about something or other while Jisung wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and stared up at him. It looked as if the younger was about to faint on him. It looked scary as hell. Minho was always ready to catch people like that. “Don’t go unconscious Jisungie, we haven’t finished yet,” he said worriedly. “Come on. Drink some water. You can do it, it’s okay. Just take it slowly so you don't choke.”

Minho put the bottle close to his face and waited for Jisung to drink it. The boy took several deep gulps and coughed, his eyes closing briefly and a frown forming on his lips. “See, easy, right? No problem.” Jisung gave him a nod and then started to cough again. He kept coughing until finally there was nothing coming out except a few tears streaming down his face.

Minho tried very hard not to cry himself, instead choosing to offer Jisung a tissue that he gladly took. “There you are,” Minho sighed in relief. He gently patted Jisung’s shoulders and moved to sit next to him. “Now. Are you okay? Do you want me to get you something to eat?
Something sweet maybe. Or a glass of warm milk? I think you drank more than your share so now it’s time for us to finish drinking. Come on, let’s get you home.” Minho stood up and picked Jisung up in bridal style and carried him out of the back door. He set him down on his feet a fair distance from the house, still holding him carefully to keep him steady, and started to walk him towards the street where the car was parked. Jisung was clinging onto his shirt like a child, his grip weak and frail and not strong enough to support the both of them.

Minho held Jisung’s free arm around his shoulder and helped him to the car and into the passenger seat, sitting down next to him after doing so. Jisung buried his face against Minho’s shirt. Minho smiled fondly and started driving. He would be taking the short trip to Jisung’s apartment. It would only take them half an hour max. The ride was peaceful and quiet, only interrupted by the soft sound of cars passing them and the occasional chatter of birds flying past. Jisung’s head rested on Minho’s shoulder, breathing steadily.

He looked so small next to Minho, so fragile. Like a flower petal that needed protecting every second of its existence. Minho felt his heart constrict seeing how delicate Jisung looked and wanted to protect him from everything, protect him from his world, protect him from the harsh reality of the world. Minho didn’t know what it was about Jisung but he was starting to like him more and more. And he wanted to be around Jisung a lot. To see him happy. To protect him.

From everyone who would threaten his precious smile. Minho could do that.
When they arrived at Jisung’s place, Minho hopped out of the car and walked over to the passenger side to help Jisung out of the car. He helped him stand and supported his weight. “You can lean on me,” he whispered softly and Jisung smiled brightly and nodded, putting his arms around Minho’s neck, resting his cheek on Minho’s shoulder as they headed inside.

The next morning Hyunjin woke up with his head throbbing in pain. It didn’t surprise him, though; he drank way too many cans last night.

Still, he groaned, shifting his position in his bed and looking at his phone. He blinked when he saw it was 10am and he cursed. “Aish, I woke up late again.” He sat up and threw off the comforter from around him. The room spun a little but he shook it off and got out of bed. He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up a bit. A shower would fix everything, right? He’d be able to focus properly. With that thought in mind, he rushed to the bathroom, turning the shower on and letting it heat up. Once he stepped inside, he closed the door and turned on the knob. After a few seconds of waiting for the temperature to rise to his liking, he started undressing, dropping his pants and boxers on the floor along the way. He climbed into the shower and relaxed while the warm water hit him, relaxing the muscles and loosening his tensed up muscles. He washed his hair quickly, hoping the hot water would wash away the sleep and headache. By the time he stepped out, the heat had reached the optimal temperature and steam filled the bathroom. Hyunjin wrapped a towel around himself and opened the door.

He then rushed towards his dresser to change into clean clothes. He put on some loose fitting jeans and his usual oversized hoodie. When he got back into the bathroom, he decided to blow dry his hair for a couple minutes, enjoying the feeling of his fingers combing through his hair. He also brushed his teeth a bit and washed his face with fresh water. Afterwards he went downstairs to make breakfast but then stopped when he remembered that he forgot to buy some groceries before going out yesterday. A deep sigh escaped his lips, leaving his lips slightly parted.

He knew he shouldn't have had too much alcohol last night, but it was really hard to stop, especially when he was that heartbroken.
“You suck, Hyune. You suck.” He muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes as he headed out towards the living room and the front door of the apartment. He need to buy groceries today, no matter what.

As soon as he’d stepped foot outside his apartment, the sunshine blinded him momentarily. His skin felt itchy against the sudden brightness and he shielded his eyes, squinting and blinking rapidly as if trying to erase the image of the sun hitting his retinas. When he lowered his arms, he went straight to where his car was parked. He unlocked it and slid into the drivers seat. He drove off towards the mart and sped through the traffic. When he finally got there and had parked the car, he grabbed his keys and got out of the car. He locked the doors, walked around the front of the mart and headed inside.

It has been 30 minutes now since Hyunjin were walking around inside the supermarket picking up items he had forgotten to buy yesterday when he suddenly stopped in front of someone and gasped as he recognised him. “Yeonjun?” he asked surprised. The older was wearing glasses and looking rather tired, probably having just woken up. He looked up at Hyunjin with widened eyes before smiling faintly.

“Hyunjin? What are you doing here?” He sounded rather confused.
“Oh, um. Buying groceries...you?”
“Me too.” They stood there silently staring each other in the eye, neither saying anything for a long period of time. Suddenly Yeonjun broke the silence, a small smile creeping onto his face. "I'm glad to see you.” Hyunjin nodded. "Yeah me too."

Hyunjin and Yeonjun didn’t exchange another word as they both continued on their way, heading towards the fruit aisle. "Are you buying this or should I?" Hyunjin asked, pointing to a huge pack of apples that was lying on the shelf between two other packs.

“You go get them, thanks.” Yeonjun replied, glancing briefly in the direction of the apples and then continuing towards the other goods. “Hey…” He called out suddenly.
Hyunjin turned around to look at him. “Yes?”

“Did you have breakfast yet?”
“Uh no. Not yet. Why? You?”
“Come join me. I know a restaurant nearby.” Hyunjin looked hesitant, his eyebrows furrowed together and his hands fidgeting anxiously as his eyes darted to and fro. "Please?" Yeonjun offered quietly.

"Okay," Hyunjin agreed and hurried after Yeonjun. They spent the rest of their shopping day in companionable silence, occasionally sharing a glance here and there as they searched through the store to find all the stuff they were supposed to pick up. When they finished, they left the building in silence. It took them almost fifteen minutes to walk across the parking lot towards where Yeonjun’s car was parked.

“Need any help?” Hyunjin asked politely, gesturing towards the heavy grocery bags that Yeonjun was carrying.
“Nah, it’s fine. I’ll manage, thanks.”

“Okay, I’ll go to mine and put these there.” Hyunjin said and turned around towards the parking lot where his car was parked and made his way there, dragging his feet.

Once there, he opened the trunk of his car and began unloading the bag full of things he had bought. After about 10 minutes, everything was done, he then headed back to where Yeonjun was waiting for him. As he approached the older, he heard him humming softly while putting his own shopping bags inside.

“Hey.” Yeonjun greeted him once Hyunjin was standing next to him.
“Hi.”
They stared at each other for a moment.
“So um, where do we go?”

Hyunjin asked awkwardly after a few moments.
“Oh there’s a restaurant nearby. It’s only a few minute walk here.” He pointed in the general direction they should go. “Would you like to walk with me?”

“Sure.” Hyunjin nodded and followed behind Yeonjun. They walked a little further until they finally came to a halt in front of an expensive looking restaurant. Hyunjin glanced around the place. It looked good and he liked it instantly.

The décor was dark and elegant. “Oh wow.” He murmured impressed by the place. Yeonjun chuckled lightly and led Hyunjin inside. When they were in, the hostess welcomed them and directed them towards their table which was set up next to the windows.

She then went ahead and ordered them some drinks.
Hyunjin was still in awe as he and Yeonjun were seated at the table. “This is nice.” He said as Yeonjun pulled his chair closer to his so they could keep talking easily. The food arrived pretty fast and soon enough, they were eating comfortably. Hyunjin tried not to stare at Yeonjun as he ate because it would ruin the peaceful atmosphere. But when he noticed how well fed he actually looks compared to how he looked yesterday, he couldn’t help but stare in admiration. Even the tips of his ears were red and it kind of made Hyunjin feel weird.

‘He still looks really good.’ He told himself. ‘No way. Nope. There's no way…’ Hyunjin pushed his plate away from him, shaking his head.

Yeonjun seemed taken aback when he looked down to see what he was doing. He watched him for a short second before smiling lightly. “Feeling okay?”
"Umm yeah. I’m okay.”

“Okay.” Yeonjun smiled and then he continued eating as well, not wanting to push the younger too hard.

Felix was just heading out from the restaurant when he saw a familiar figure of a tall man sitting near the window. He immediately froze when he recognised him, a frown forming on his lips. He shook his head to clear it and proceeded to walk in their direction.

“Yeonjun hyung?” Felix uttered in surprise and confusion.
The elder lifted his gaze to meet the younger’s gaze. “Felix? Oh, hi. How are you?”
“I’m good. You?” Felix questioned, eyeing the elder carefully.

“Great, I’m great,” Yeonjun answered. “Come here and join us!” He invited him with wide eyes.
After staring at the elder silently for a little bit, Felix gave an awkward chuckle and responded, “Okay.” And sat at the empty seat beside him.

“Um, I see you guys were having a deep conversation.”
“Yes we were,” Yeonjun replied cheerfully and then glanced in the direction of Hyunjin, who was staring at him intently, before returning his gaze to Felix and asking.

“Have you met Hyunjin?”
“Oh, I did. I haven’t introduced myself yet to him though.” Felix said, turning slightly to look in Hyunjin’s direction. He raised his hand in greeting and smiled politely. “Hello there, I’m Felix.”

“Nice to meet you,” Hyunjin muttered as he wiped his lips with a napkin before placing it down on his lap and pushing the plate aside. He stared at Felix and then at Yeonjun before clearing his throat awkwardly, trying to break the tension. “Yeonnie, come.”

“What do you mean?”
Hyunjin just gestured him to lean forward.
Yeonjun did as he was told and leaned his elbows on the table, raising his eyebrow questioningly. “You have something on your lips.”
“What?”

Without wasting any more time, Hyunjin quickly swiped the napkin off the edge of the table, wiping his mouth before leaning back in his seat and looking at Yeonjun with a somewhat shy expression.

“Sorry for that,” he mumbled, scratching the side of his face absentmindedly.
“That’s alright,” Yeonjun replied reassuringly. He glanced over towards Hyunjin again, noticing how he was avoiding making eye contact with him.

“How did you guys meet anyways?” Felix cut into the conversation between Hyunjin and Yeonjun.
“Oh. Hyunjin and I..”
“We used to date before. Like, romantically. He’s my ex.”
Felix’s eyes widened in surprise as he heard the latter saying this. His gaze shifted between the two in front of him.

“Really? I didn’t notice.”
“Well, it was before. Um, a long story.” Yeonjun interjected hastily as he sensed the growing tenseness in the air. He placed his elbow on the table and rested his chin in the palm of his hand. “What are you doing here anyway? Where’s Beomgyu?”

“I had to see a friend here. Gyu is in the apartment, he’s still asleep.” Felix explained.
“Oh, okay.”
It suddenly occurred to Hyunjin that he had to be back early in his apartment today. “I should go home now.

I need to clean my apartment. Thanks for inviting me over for breakfast, Yeon.” He said to Yeonjun before getting up from the chair.

“Already?” The older looked disappointed.
“Yes,” Hyunjin answered. He looked at Yeonjun and said, “I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah, bye.” Yeonjun waved weakly, forcing a smile. The younger waved back before walking out of the restaurant, heading straight for his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 136 12
「The moon always had the stars by its side, but the sun doesn't let the stars shine. Will an eclipse happen today, or will the sun forget to set toni...
5.5K 310 4
Everything is going well... Until everything crashes down one day. Or Comeback is approaching and Soobin ends up overworking himself, luckily his hyu...
796K 58.9K 36
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
1M 13.7K 16
He ignored me. He broke my heart. All he wanted was an heir and I was the means to that end. He was suppose to be the one that loved me and took care...