EXPLICIT BLOOM

By Deedi--

{With every sun comes a new day, a new beginning.} {A hope that things will be better today than they were ye... More

A/N
1• Illuminating darkness
2• Twilight and dawn
3• Ricocheted scalpel
4• Binturi innocence
5• Koala country
6• Denial
7• Blurred scope
8• Double dad
9• Kabuki mask
10• Hour glass
11• Happiness
12• Forlon mein
13• Foolhardy
14• Shadow
15• Elixir influence
16• Napalm skies
17• Perilous storm
18• Breeze that whispers
19• If promises were horses
21• Pale moments
22• Pain and Joy
23• A homecoming
24• Medical Identity

20• Bejeweled

80 12 12
By Deedi--

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"The last piece I presented dropped my marks and I definitely saw it coming" Nahla Informed.

Nahla and Zaeem were at the hospital's waiting area, waiting for their own turn of consultation. And while they wait, Nahla decided to tell Zaeem all about her last project presentation.

They were to start exams the next week and so they each presented their personal projects to their lecturers for which each person got the mark he or she actually deserved.

"How sure are you it's the reason you didn't get your complete marks?" Zaeem asked. "I included modesty in my project and it wasn't part of the criteria for the designs we were asked to make" Nahla explained. "Why do it then?"

"Because each time I wish to remember the project that made me a certified designer, I want it to remind me how hard it was becoming one with a veil" Nahla replied and Zaeem hummed.

It was not only a convincing reply but also an impressive one. Zaeem couldn't help but feel the amount of respect he had for Nahla double up, even some of the women at the waiting area with them would agree due to the fact that they were also listening to their conversation.

Nahla's rants was a reason he chose to build a barrier between himself and anything he was before that life.

It's true that there's wisdom in acknowledging the thoughts of our hearts everyday, but he chose not to. If ignoring those thoughts was the only thing that could get him to listen to her talk about everything and nothing, he was willing to. It was safe to say her talks were his daily dose of happiness, it brought out the best of his days as someone who knew not his identity.

And besides, it is only reasonable if he blocked those thoughts, that way he wouldn't have them haunting him. It was very much enough to see them in his sleep, he couldn't agree with seeing them even when he is wide awake.

Zaeem smiled, a smile of diffidence mixed with optimism as he cleared his mind and continued to listen to Nahla carefully.

"And I just kept on wondering why everyone was expecting me to explain myself when they clearly know it's my nature. So I remained quiet and I got the marks I deserved which I was glad about" Nahla explained further.

"I'm proud of you" Zaeem commented and Nahla smiled before replying "save that for when I ace my examination"

"Zaeem Nasir, C-room 4" The speaker phone inside the waiting area spoke calling out his name. The two of them got up and made their way to the consultation room that was mentioned. They silently said the taslim while entering the room making sure the occupant didn't hear.

"Oh wow, you're not using your crutches" The doctor commented before they settled down on the chairs that were provided. "Yes I'm not" Zaeem said making sure to give a tight lipped smile to the doctor who was more excited about his recovery.

The doctor stood up from his chair and moved closer to Zaeem before examining his leg injury for what seemed like two minutes. When he finished the examination, he sat back on his chair and started to write new prescription to Zaeem while he talked.

"There's a lot of improvement in your physical health and I believe you also acknowledge that since you are not with your crutches. Your cast will be removed today and I can assure you that you won't be needing any support to walk with your legs" The doctor said. "Thank you"

"Regarding your mental and emotional health though, we'll need you to keep attending your therapy sessions until you eventually get your memories back" The doctor said again. "You'll now go to the treatment station and the nurses will remove the cast for you" The doctor added. "Okay right away"

"Here, this is your new prescription. You can get them at the pharmacy after the cast is removed. Get well soon" The doctor completed handing over the prescription paper to Zaeem which he gladly accepted. His drugs were down to two and he was guessing they're for his haunted sleep not injuries.

"Thank you doctor" Nahla appreciated before the two walked out of the room.

They walked together to the treatment station and the cast was immediately removed as requested, then they moved to the pharmacy and got the medicines before they walked out to go find Aalim in the car.

"Congratulations sir" Aalim said after noticing that his cast has been removed. "Thank you" Zaeem replied. "To Khala Noor's house" Nahla said making Zaeem to turn to look at her.

"My aunt. I want to take you somewhere after her house" Nahla replied the unspoken question Zaeem had. And indeed, he got the answer he needed so he turned to look elsewhere.

It took just a little while to arrive at Khala Noor's house. And just like the other time, Nahla dismissed Aalim saying they'll return with the bus and he obeyed hoping things wouldn't go wrong like it did before.

And that time around, Nani wasn't the one that opened the door, it was Busra.

"Nahla!" Busra squealed before jumping into Nahla's embrace which she reciprocated with equal the excitement.

"Ich habe auf dich gewartet (I have been waiting for you). You came to this house the other time and didn't care to wait for my return right" Busra complained.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I have my reasons" Nahla said. "Tell me, let me hear those reasons" Busra demanded knowing very much she had none. "I will but let's go inside first, we have a guest" Nahla said gesturing to Zaeem who just stood behind Nahla's figure.

"Oh I'm sorry, please come in" Busra apologized before shifting to the side while the two walked into the room. "Please sit" Busra added, that time around to only Zaeem since she knew Nahla didn't need an invitation to sit in that house.

"Good morning" Busra greeted Zaeem. "Good morning" Zaeem replied with a small courteous smile.

"I hope Khala Noor is at home?" Nahla asked before settling on a different sofa. "Serves you right for ditching me the last time. Ammi and Ray are out and Nani left for the market just five minutes back, I doubt she has even reached her destination" Busra replied.

"So you're the only one at home then?" Nahla asked again. "Very much true! Let me get you something to drink" Busra replied and said before excusing herself to the kitchen.

Soon enough, Busra returned with a number of refreshments on a tray, snacks included.

"I see only one cup Busra" Nahla pointed out. "Yeah it's for him, I wouldn't serve you Nahla, not in this house" Busra assured and Nahla gasped dramatically. That made Zaeem to chuckle, and his chuckle earned him a look from both of them. "It's not your fault" Nahla declared. "Exactly!"

"Is there hope Khala Noor and Rayhaan will return anytime soon?" Nahla asked. "Nope, not with the places they listed claiming to go before they return home" Busra replied. "We'll get going then"

"So early?" Busra complained. "Yes, I am not about to spend hours hearing you rant my ear off. And we came from the hospital, he needs some rest" Nahla replied. As much as Busra wanted to ask about the stranger Nahla brought to their home, she couldn't because he was present. So she made a mental note to call her earlier during the day.

Nahla too had hoped she'd find her aunt at home that day so she'll introduce him to them all but because she didn't, she chose not to mention anything to Busra.

"Safe journey back home then, I'll make sure to tell Ammi you were here" Busra said. "Sure, bye" Nahla said opening up for a hug, which Busra gladly accepted. "Verabschiedung (Good bye)"

"I'm sorry we couldn't find my aunt, I actually wanted you to meet her" Nahla apologized while they were on the way to the bus stop. "It's not your fault"

"But look on the bright sight, we still get to go to the place like planned" Nahla said. "And that place is?" Zaeem asked. "Remember I told you about a local restaurant where you went before your accident? That's where we're going" Nahla informed.

"Perhaps it'll bring back memories" She added. "Perhaps'' Zaeem whispered and they continued to walk quietly.

The bus ride wasn't a quiet one though, Nahla made sure to drag Zaeem into a conversation until they reached their destination. Most unfortunately, the local restaurant was closed.

"Things keep getting wrong just like the day I first saw you" Nahla sighed in frustration looking to the side to check if the woman will show up. "Maybe we should come back at the exact time you found her the other day" Zaeem suggested.

"Yes we should do that, but I'm sorry I tired you out for nothing. I..." Nahla's sentence was cut short when she sighted the owner of the restaurant. "Oh she's..." Her sentence was cut short again when she sighted another woman who lost consciousness just a distance away.

Nahla rushed to the woman's side while Zaeem froze by the sight of the woman that laid on the floor and instantly, flashes rushed into his brain clouding his mind.

But that time around, they didn't hurt, at least not as much as they usually do. They just flowed gently into his memory one after the other. He spent at least two minutes just standing there with eyes closed and soon enough, he became very much aware of the happenings around him.

Zaeem rushed towards Nahla and squatted beside her while the restaurant owner did the same.

"Stop Shehnaaz, let me take a look at her" Zaeem said. "What do you mean?" Nahla asked. "I think I remember" Zaeem said. "Remember what?" Nahla asked unsure of what he was thinking. "Everything! I remember everything" Zaeem assured making Nahla to gasp.

That was not a moment she expected him to regain his memory at.

"Do you mind switching the torchlight of your phone on?" Zaeem asked after reading the woman's pulse. Nahla didn't reply, but she took her phone and did exactly what he requested of her before passing the phone to him.

Yes she was shocked and scared, but she tried hard not to zone out of their current situation knowing how distraction could make the situation worse.

Zaeem used the light to check the woman's pupils then he sighed, not of relief but of fear.

"Call the emergency number for an ambulance please" Zaeem requested while passing the phone back to her

While Nahla made the phone call, he searched through her bag and picked a pen before using it to press down on one of the woman's finger.

Nahla informed the authorities about the situation and their location before the call was cut off, that was when she noticed the water that flowed from between the woman's leg.

"Zaeem" Nahla called clearly scared of what she saw. "There is water Zaeem, I think the baby is coming" Nahla added.

Zaeem sighed again, annoyingly that time around. Not only was he feeling overwhelmed but he was also feeling helpless.

He could help but he knew the danger of doing so especially when the woman was in critical condition, and he also didn't have the equipments required.

He was about to release another sigh of frustration when a possible solution came to him. He turned to look at Nahla who was anxiously waiting for him to do something about the woman.

"Can you lend me your phone?" Zaeem asked and she nodded before passing the phone to him. He typed the number with the hope that he would get it right before dialling the number.

The moment it started ringing, Zaeem released a breath he didn't know he was holding. The call was picked at it second ring. "Dr. Franklin it's Zaeem" Zaeem started but was caught off by Franklin. "Where have you been sir?"

"Be quiet! I have a pregnant woman in her mid 20s, her right pupils are 3 to 4mm wide but they're not reacting and she's paralyzed on her left side. I think it's right cerebral hemorrhage" Zaeem explained after shutting him up with his questions. "It could be a ruptured cerebral aneurysm too" Zaeem added.

"Yes but you cannot tell by sight, have you called an ambulance?" Dr. Franklin reasoned and asked.

"Yes but it has been about three minutes since her water broke. And we need a hospital that has both gynaecology and neurosurgery because...." Zaeem was cut shut by the sudden vomit of the woman making her to run out of breath.

He abruptly kept the phone aside and pushed two of his fingers into her mouth to stabilize her breathing. When it worked, he massaged her neck to ease the pain.

At that point of time, he was the one becoming short of breath because of how scared he was.

"Hello?" Dr. Franklin called. Zaeem had forgotten he was on a phone call with him. "She just vomited and her breathing is shallow, she needs to be intubated or she'll die. If the stupid ambulance is any minute late, I'll cut through her throat" Zaeem said at a point angry at everyone, it was never his thing to watch someone die without doing anything.

"That is not advisable sir, you don't have the tools and she could bleed if you cut her artery or you might even harm her thyroid" Dr. Franklin said.

"And you think I don't know that?" Zaeem asked with a high pitched voice, the anger coming back in full force.

"I know you do sir but you have to calm down. You're not in Nigeria, if anything goes wrong you're going to jail. They could also revoke your license which is never an option for you"

Zaeem sighed upon hearing that knowing very much that it is true. Without his license he would not practice surgery and that is something unacceptable, it is just like snatching his right to live.

He sighed again before disconnecting the call, there wasn't anything Dr. Franklin could tell him again after all. And because he had set his mind on what to do, he had to end the call.

Zaeem knew the importance of saving a life. Maybe that was him repaying the favour Allah did to him, he would do anything to save the woman even though he knew clearly that she isn't a Muslim. But he was willing to risk his license for the baby's life who might just be among the lucky converters.

"Ma'am, help me with a knife and some alcohol please" Zaeem requested to the restaurant lady and she nodded before running to go get it.

"Zaeem you heard what he said, it's too risky" Nahla reasoned. "I know, but this is me doing exactly what you did for me. You knew saving me could badly implicate your life and place it in jeopardy but you still did so I'm sure you'll understand why I'm doing this" Zaeem replied with a smile making Nahla speechless.

She didn't smile back though because she was still afraid of the outcome.

Soon enough, the woman rushed back with what he requested of her.

Zaeem sterilized the knife with the alcohol so it could kill the germs before he moved closer to the woman.

"What if I mess this up?" Zaeem suddenly asked Nahla. "You won't, I believe in you" Nahla replied but she wasn't so sure herself.

Taking in a deep breath, he moved his hands forward to cut the woman's throat but was stopped by the siren sounds of the ambulance that kept becoming louder each passing seconds.

That made him release a sigh of relief.

Some seconds later, the ambulance workers trooped out of the vehicle and moved closer to the patient with the gulley.

"She needs to be intubated, get a tube set ready" Zaeem said to one of the workers. "Are you a doctor?" He asked. "Yes, I'm Doctor Zaeem Nasir Dandawaki" Zaeem replied. The man nodded before they helped the woman on the gulley and wheeled her to the ambulance.

When they got everything ready, Zaeem used the laryngoscope and  tube to intubate the woman. He then used a stethoscope to check her heart beat rate and pulse before he released a sigh of relief.

She was stable.

"To the hospital please. Let's be responsible till the end of it" Zaeem said, the former to the driver and the latter to Nahla who was finding everything so hard to believe.

Was that all it took to regain his memories? She wondered.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

First of first. Kudos to Wattpad for making my already tripped effort into vain. I have been meaning to update for almost a month now, since on eid but my app decided to act up, again.

I was this close to deleting the book like I did the other time Wattpad decided to annoy me. But gladly, I think I'm pass this particular problem and I know what to do when it happens again.

That is not enough excuse though, so I am sorry this is coming late. I'll see to it that I become better to you people knowing just how much you love me.

Zaeem's memories are finally back, can you believe it?

This opens for lots and lots of drama ahead sha! Me I know what I know😂 (laughing evilly)

And lastly, kudos to Wattpad freaks. I wouldn't be updating if not for their insistence.

Question of the day; am I forgiven?
Lots of love,

Deedi~~❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 11K 25
Their sympathy had worn off and I was back to how I started, except I no longer had my husband beside me. I thought the niqab (face veil) would prote...
376K 16.8K 38
*Rated M for Mature* Their meeting happened by accident. It wasn't supposed to happen... But it did. A spark was lit the second their eyes met. A sp...
186K 4.3K 41
I'm beautiful, I'm rich; I'm every guy's dream. In other words, I am perfect and I'm not afraid to flaunt it. But that's only what they tell me. I...
153K 6.7K 41
"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. It...