Bewitched

By Nandhu_Arshi

Prologue Sivaangi gasped softly, her eyes widened in appreciation as she looked at the mannequin draped in an... More

Bewitched - Prolouge
Bewitched - Chapter One
Bewitched - Chapter Two
Bewitched - Chapter Three
Bewitched - Chapter Four
Bewitched - Chapter Five
Bewitched - Chapter Six
Bewitched - Chapter Seven
Bewitched - Chapter Eight
Bewitched - Chapter Nine
Bewitched - Chapter Ten
Bewitched - Chapter Eleven
Bewitched - Chapter Twelve
Bewitched - Chapter Thirteen
Bewitched - Chapter Fourteen
Bewitched - Chapter Fifteen
Bewitched - Chapter Seventeen
Bewitched - Chapter Eighteen
Bewitched - Chapter Nineteen
Bewitched - Chapter Twenty
Bewitched - Chapter Twenty One
Bewitched - Chapter Twenty Two
Bewitched - Chapter Twenty Three
Bewitched - Chapter Twenty Four

Bewitched - Chapter Sixteen

1.4K 249 115
By Nandhu_Arshi

Author's Note

Hope you all are doing good.

I don't know what to believe but wherever she is, sending out a prayer. I came to know Shanaya through her stories. We started speaking and she was the sweetest girl. Still couldn't believe that she's no more. Couldn't extinguish the hope that she might reply to my texts. May her soul rest in peace 😓🤍

My mental health constantly waivers. I hit rock bottom one moment and happiest the next. Thankful to the people I have in my life who keep me going. I have felt a similar loss and till date I'm not over the grief. My heart goes out to her family and friends. May God bestow them with strength as they heal...

Fiction provides relief which reality often doesn't. So, here's an attempt to comfort you.

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Bewitched

Chapter Sixteen

The next morning Sivaangi woke up and rolled on her bed. Groaning softly, she switched on her mobile data. An instant smile bloomed on her face when she received notification of Ashwin's text.

Sivaangi really felt happy for Ashwin. His business idea and proposal were impressive. With two celebrity investors, his business would get a good start. He must be thrilled for that.

But Sivaangi wanted to try asking Ashwin to compete once. She won't mind if he doesn't want to but it won't hurt her to try right. Besides, if he does turn down her request to compete in the competition that he most likely to win, she wants to know why.

Getting ready for the day, Sivaangi came down. Harish joined her in the middle of breakfast. She wanted to know where Ashwin was but didn't want to raise any suspicion by asking.

Thankfully Harish asked Ashwin's whereabouts to Kamala who said Ashwin left out early in the morning. He didn't inform her but Kamala believed he went to Siva temple and also informed that Sanjay left to Chennai early morning.

An office was set up for Georgian in Coimbatore so that the designers can work closely with LS's showroom. Harish went to Coimbatore for meeting while Sivaangi worked from home. She was working in Saradha's living room.

Ashwin walked in to see Sivaangi engrossed in her laptop. A frown adorned her forehead making him wonder why she's worked out.

"Yenna achu ma?" Ashwin walked to Sivaangi.

(What happened?)

"Ashwin! Nalla velai vandhinga" Sivaangi pointed at the laptop screen.

(Ashwin! Thank god you came)

Ashwin sat next to Sivaangi who went on and on about the misplaced data in the report she was making for Anuradha. He listened to her patiently and helped her. After nearly half an hour, they were done.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Sivaangi beamed, "Nalla velai neenga help paninga. Na evening kula Anu ma ku send panren nu sollirundhen"

(It's good that you helped me. I have told Anu ma that I'll send it before evening)

"Parava illa ma, Harish yenga?"

(That's okay, where's Harish?)

"Office poerukaru" Sivaangi closed her laptop, "Neenga saptingala? Kovil ku poetu vandhingala?"

(He went to office... Have you ate? Coming back from the temple?)

Ashwin's forehead was adorned with a dash of holy ash.

"Sapten ma. Kovil ku dhan poerundhen" Ashwin faced Sivaangi, "Nee saptiya?"

(I ate. Yes, I went to temple... You ate?)

"Hmmm" Sivaangi smiled.

Ashwin smiled back and stood up, "Seri ma, na refresh agitu varen"

(Okay I'll go fresh up)

Ashwin was about to walk away but paused when he felt Sivaangi holding his hand. He faced her, "Yenna ma?"

(What?)

"Ashwin, ipdi okarunga" Sivaangi tugged Ashwin's hand.

(Sit here)

Ashwin sat down with a smile but didn't tug his hand free from Sivaangi's hold.

"Ongata onnu kekanum" Sivaangi let go of Ashwin's hand.

(I want to ask you something)

"Kelu ma" Ashwin said and added with a teasing smile, "Anaiku mathiri hug venuma?"

(Ask... You want a hug like the other day?)

Ashwin even looked around for a dramatic touch making Sivaangi smack his arm.

"Aiyoo, adhu illa" Sivaangi whined.

(Aiyoo, not that)

"Apppooo vennndammaaa?" Ashwin dragged his words with a sad face.

(So you don't want?)

Sivaangi stared at Ashwin with a soft glare making him chuckle and join hands at her, "Seri, seri. Kelu ma"

(Okay, okay. Ask)

"Adhu Georgian oda competition iruku la" Sivaangi started and Ashwin turned serious. She added, "As you know, whoever wins the competition get to work for Georgian's special designing team"

(It's about Georgian's competition...)

Sivaangi paused to read Ashwin's face,

"I have seen the dresses you have designed. They are gorgeous. You are very talented to do this just as a hobby, Ashwin. If you compete in this competition, you'll win for sure. You can get to work for Georgian. You'll be a great asset to our designing team. Your talent will get the right platform and it'll give you a right push for your career as a designer"

Sivaangi gauged Ashwin's face, trying to figure out what he's thinking. A pregnant silence dominated the room for a couple of minutes.

"Sivaangi" Ashwin said looking at Sivaangi, "Georgian is a big name in Fashion Industry. That's a very tempting offer. It's a dream start for any designer"

Ashwin sighed softly before he said,

"Whenever I design these dresses, whenever I saw the joy in people's face when they see the dress I design, it gives me joy, yes. But I'm no designer, Sivaangi. I don't find it passionate enough to make a career out of it"

"But you are so talented..." Sivaangi trailed her words.

"Talented, yes. I'll most probably win if I compete, yes. But I don't find any excitement to do it for a competition. And If I do something that doesn't stir my soul then it would never satisfy me. Also, to be a part of Georgian's designing team is a huge responsibility, a responsibility which I couldn't afford in life right now. I have to help out Amma here. I have to focus on the new business"

Ashwin saw Sivaangi's disappointed face. He thought for a second and then placed his hand on top of hers.

"Ma"

"Hmmm" Sivaangi look at Ashwin.

"Kochukitiya?"

(Are you angry?)

Sivaangi shook her head, "Illa, Ashwin"

(No)

"Aprm yean amaidhiya iruka?" Ashwin looked slightly concerned.

(Then why are you silent?)

Sivaangi heaved a soft sigh before looking at Ashwin, "I kinda knew that this would be your answer. I won't say I'm not feeling kinda disappointed. But I have a question"

"Kelu ma" Ashwin squeezed Sivaangi's palm.

(Ask)

"Despite being so talented in designing, you don't want to make a career out of it because you are not passionate about it, right"

Ashwin nodded when Sivaangi looked at him.

"Then tell me what is it that you are so passionate about? Something that you want to pursue. I know you have started this new business but I want to know what is it that you are both talented and passionate about?"

Ashwin paused for a second but chuckled softly and traced his thumb over her back palm softly, "What makes you think this business isn't something I'm passionate about?"

"I don't know. I feel like there's something more to you" Sivaangi's heart fluttered on feeling Ashwin's caress on her back palm. She gulped and added, "Sollunga"

(Say)

"Hmmm" Ashwin smiled, "There may or may not be something"

Sivaangi looked at Ashwin expectantly.

"Right now, yedhuvum illa ma"

(Right now, there's nothing)

"Apo munna?"

(What about before?)

"Munna um solra alavu yedhuvum illa" Ashwin patted Sivaangi's back palm before standing up, "Morning vegama yelundhuten. Ipo na poe koncha neram padukuren"

(Earlier too there wasn't anything worth mentioning)

Sivaangi watched Ashwin walking upstairs. She sighed, picked her laptop and retired to her room. She didn't know when she dozed off. When she woke up, it was around three. Refreshing herself, she had her lunch. She texted Ashwin if he had his lunch. He said he had and going through calculations.

After finishing her lunch, Sivaangi saw that both Dhanalakshmi and Kamala were asleep. Her thoughts went to Ashwin. Chewing her lips, she contemplated whether to go meet him or not.

Sivaangi took a bowl of ice cream for her. Deciding to go meet Ashwin, she them took out a bowl of ice cream for him to. This would give her a chance. Placing both the ice cream bowls inside freezer, she quickly went up to her room.

Changing into another t-shirt and applying roll on deodorant, Sivaangi corrected her hair and dabbed some lip balm on her lips. After kohling her eyes, she went down, took the ice cream bowls and went to Saradha's.

Fighting down the slight nervousness and racing excitement, Sivaangi climbed upstairs. Ashwin's room door was slightly open. She peaked in and saw him working.

"Ulla varalama?"

(May I get it?)

Ashwin looked up at Sivaangi. Smiling at her, he quickly walked towards her and opened the door for her. She mumbled a quick thank you and sat on his bed before extending the ice cream bowl towards him.

"Indhanga"

(Here)

Ashwin took the bowl with a thank you and pulled the chair closer to the bed before sitting down.

"Inaikum ice cream ah? Harish thitta poran ma"

(You are having ice cream today too? Harish's gonna scold you)

"Adhellam enn annan ah easy ah correct paniruven. Sapdanum pola irundhuchu, adhan" Sivaangi had a spoon of ice cream.

(I'll manage my brother easily. I felt like having it. That's why)

The duo chatted with each other on random things. She then enquired about his business. He said he might go to Chennai in coming days to meet the investors along with Stanley and Sanjay.

The production will be from Coimbatore. For t-shirts they have cracked a deal with a small-scale garment mill. Printing machine and office will be opened at Coimbatore. It was a good work plan.

Ashwin enquired about Sivaangi's brother. She patted the spot next to her and asked him to sit on the bed which he did in a heartbeat. She showed Vinayak's dance videos to him.

"Paah! Yenna ma odambu valayudhu ivanuku!"

(Woah! He's too flexible!)

Sivaangi scrolled her Instagram and showed few more videos of Vinayak. Then she showed some of her favourite Instagram influencers.

"Ivan seriyaana talented fellow. Oru kaalathula ivan mela sema crush uh!" Sivaangi grinned showing an influencer.

(He's such a talented fellow. Once upon a time I had a big crush on him)

'Crush ah? Nalla va irukan ivan!' Ashwin scoffed mentally.

(Crush? Does he even look good?!)

"Oho"

"Ama, ongaluku crush lam illa ya?" Sivaangi looked at Ashwin.

(Yes, you didn't have any crush?)

"Iruke" Ashwin beamed.

(I have)

"Yaaru?" Sivaangi squinted her eyebrows.

(Who?)

"Kaata ta?" Ashwin asked taking his mobile while at the same time, out of curiosity Sivaangi leaned a little towards Ashwin, "Kaatunga"

(Shall I show? ... Show)

Sivaangi was bit nervous of who Ashwin will show. He turned his body and hid his mobile, hiding the screen from her making her hold his bicep and turn him only to fail.

"Eii, kaatunga, Ashwinnn" Sivaangi grumbled while Ashwin chuckled.

(Hey! Show me, Ashwinnn)

"Idho"

(Here)

Ashwin showed his mobile screen, biting back his chuckle while Sivaangi saw the Instagram post.

'Deepika Padukone ah?' Sivaangi mentally sighed in relief. She then glared at Ashwin making him chuckle.

(Deepika Padukone?)

"Sirikadhinga!" Sivaangi smacked Ashwin's arm but he didn't stop chuckling.

(Don't laugh!)

Huffing, Sivaangi stood up and looked at the ice cream bowl. There were some melted ice creams in it. She dipped her fingers in it and smeared it on Ashwin's cheek making him stop and touch his cheek.

"Ma!" Ashwin whined wiping the ice cream.

Sivaangi laughed at Ashwin but she got alarmed when he stood up, his hand trying to grab her.

"Ashwin! No!" Sivaangi laughed as she started running around the room while Ashwin dipped his fingers on the ice cream and chased behind her.

"Ashwineyy, no! Neenga siricha naala dhan na panen" Sivaangi shrieked as she run around his bed.

(I did this because you laughed at me)

Ashwin didn't actually chase Sivaangi with his full potential. Her laughter and the way she was focused to escape him made him admire her as he chased behind her. Why hurry and catch her now?

"Ma, odatha. Inga vaa"

(Don't run. Come here)

"No, no, no, no"

Ashwin locked the door, securing Sivaangi within his room. Panting with laughter, she made a run opposite to the bed but shrieked when Ashwin wrapped his arm around her waist. She laughed and struggled in his arm making him lose balance.

With Sivaangi in his arm, out of control Ashwin sat down on the bed. She landed on his lap. Instinctively he wrapped his arms around her so that she doesn't fall down. They both panted heavily from all the running.

When they realized their position, Sivaangi's already heavily thudding heart raced faster as her hands landed on top of his hands that are secured around her waist. Ashwin's state was no different. He gulped when he felt her against him, his heart pounding in his chest.

Composing herself Sivaangi tried to stand up from Ashwin's lap but he tightened his hold around her waist making a shiver run down her spine.

"Ashwin... " Sivaangi trailed her words, feeling a tug in the pit of her stomach.

"Hmmm" Ashwin was too dazed to think straight.

"Vidunga" Sivaangi softly patted Ashwin's arm that's wounded around her.

(Leave)

"Vidanuma?"

(Should I?)

Sivaangi gulped when Ashwin's voice deepened making her poor heart thud faster. Clearing her voice, she arched her head and looked up at him. She felt a whole zoo in her stomach on seeing him up close, his brown orbs piercing into her black ones.

"Yenna panringa?" Sivaangi barely whispered as she felt his hot breath fanning her face.

(What are you doing?)

"Sathiyama therla" Ashwin's eyes didn't waiver from Sivaangi's but hers took a detour as her gaze dropped.

(Honestly, I don't know)

"Yarachum vandhrura poranga" Sivaangi slightly panicked as she looked at the door before holding Ashwin's gaze.

(Someone might come)

"Did you feel it?" Ashwin asked, lost in Sivaangi.

"What?" Sivaangi asked slightly scrunching her eyes.

"My heart" Ashwin paused while eyeing Sivaangi taking her aback, "it's racing" He kept her palm on his torso making her heart skip a beat. He felt jittery too as she started into his eyes, "This is what you do to me"

What Sivaangi saw in Ashwin's eyes made her stomach churn. Her whole body was alive, memorizing the way he felt against her. The way he looked at her with administration, with desire turned her bold. Without holding back, she opened up,

"And what do you think you do to me?"

Ashwin's eyes lit up with mirth. She is affected by him as much as he is by her. She is into him as much as he is, whatever that may be. Lifting his one arm, he softly caressed her cheek, something which he wanted to for days now.

Sivaangi softly gasped when she felt Ashwin's caress, her eyes closing on its own. He eyed at her parted lips and then caressed her cheek again.

"Ena paaru ma"

(Look at me)

Ashwin's hucky voice excited Sivaangi more but she shook her head, refusing to open her eyes. Chuckling softly, his thumb caressed his cheek as he asked,

"Maatiya?"

(You won't?)

Sivaangi felt butterflies in her stomach when Ashwin's hot breath hit her face. She bit her lips when she felt his breath closer. She gasped, opened her eyes widely and tightened her hold on his arm when she felt his lips on her cheek. She can bet that her heart indeed skipped a beat before thudding crazily again while a shiver ran down her spine.

Ashwin let his lips linger on Sivaangi's cheek seconds longer before pulling back. His eyes met her eyes and she felt shy holding his gaze. His state wasn't much different. His stomach churned as he saw her blush; the reason being him warmed his heart and excited him thousandfold. His bit his lower lip, blushing slightly as he wrapped his other hand around her.

The air was filled with silence save for their panting breath. Sivaangi didn't move away and Ashwin didn't let her too. By now she was used to being in his lap that she didn't even realize she was seated on him. And he? He was lost in the eyes that's looking at him with adoration.

Their moment was cut short when Sivaangi's mobile blared.

"Vidunga, Ashwin" Sivaangi patted Ashwin's arm.

(Leave, Ashwin)

This time Ashwin did leave Sivaangi. Feeling shy, she averted her gaze from him and took her mobile. It was Harish. Before she could attend the call ended but Harish called back. So, Sivaangi excused herself from Ashwin and walked away while he still sat on the bed, blushing slightly as he raked his fingers through his hair,

'Kolraleyy'

(She's killing me)

~ * ~

Thank you for reading,

Nan ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 5.4K 74
❛ 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀. 𝗟𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗿. 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗿 ❜ Entwined hearts beat in unison, navigating the sus...
30.4K 1.6K 44
HI THERE, I WANTED TO WRITE A STORY FOR A LONG TIME. I READ MANY STORIES IN WATTPAD MAINLY ABOUT MANAN. SO I AM WRITING THIS STORY THE WAY HOW I WANT...
94.8K 3.3K 28
Sherlock's daughter arrives at 221B Baker Street with chaos and destruction following her. After being under house arrest for the entirety of her lif...
8.4K 947 20
It's a sequel to my Sairat fanfiction "Falling in love again" . If you haven't read that one then please read that before starting this. It will help...