𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑. paul lahote ✓

Per -bronwyn

╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩... Més

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

3.8K 226 31
Per -bronwyn

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

THE AFTERMATH

THERE WAS NO BATTLE, THERE WERE NO CASUALTIES (MINUS IRINA, BUT SHE HAD IT COMING), AND THE VOLTURI TOOK THEIR LEAVE.

Alice and Jasper had pulled through, bringing a man who'd been born in the same manner as Renesmee had, claiming these human-vampire hybrids were nothing new to the world. Renesmee was deemed as a non-threat, and a vision from Alice of a violent massacre apparently had Aro cowering away in defeat.

Epic.

Augustine's hospital room was filled to the brim, the space acting like a headquarters for everyone to hold aftermath discussions. Paul had somehow managed to shuffle into the bed behind her, making it so that the girl was sitting against his chest, as Emmett took up residence on one side where Emily had been earlier in the day, and the clairvoyant and empath were seated closely on the other.

Sure, visiting hours were well over, but Carlisle was still the head doctor around; and whatever he says ultimately goes.

It was as though everyone was telling her the events of what occurred like it was a bedtime story. Paul had been carding his fingers through her hair as her gaze filtered around the room, locking onto whoever was speaking.

They'd been in the middle of discussing Alice and Jasper's travels to Brazil when the door opened once again, revealing an incredibly distressed looking Carmen Denali.

"Oh, mi vida," she sighed out, and Augustine instantly felt her eyes well with tears. She all but leapt out of Paul's lap, tossing her arms haphazardly around the woman when she reached her bedside. "Lamento mucho no haber estado aquí antes."

I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner.

"Don't be silly," the younger girl laughed wetly, pulling back to stare at Carmen's pinched face. The woman's eyes were raking over her face, taking her in once more. No one mentioned the way her gaze settled on the black haired girl's pulse point for a second, before averting to those baby blues. "There were more important things going on."

"You are my most important thing," Carmen fought back, her hand cupping the girl's cheek affectionately. "You are my life, and your beating heart will never change that."

Carmen was the first vampire to really acknowledge the situation at hand— the situation involving what was about to happen next. Augustine was a human, and she'd witnessed first hand what having a human too close to her family would do.

But, there in lies the question of the hour; was Augustine willing to stay human, despite the bonds she'd formed with both the Cullens and the Denalis, or was she willing to risk it all and beg to be turned once more.

"No."

Edward's voice startled her, his looming figure leaning against the furthest wall of the room. Her eyes widened, a subtle shale to her head when Carlisle turned to his son. "What, Edward?"

She looked at the telepath, pleadingly. "Don't—"

"She's weighing her options," he revealed, crossing his arms over his chest. He evidently didn't like what he had heard swirling in her mind. "Either stay human, or try her luck at turning again. She wouldn't survive it, Carlisle— not a second time."

The room practically erupted in shouts, but the one voice she could hear crisply was the one coming from her boyfriend.

"What?" Paul murmured from behind her, her head craning to look at him. "You're not seriously considering going back, are you?"

"No," she breathed out, unsteadily. Paul's eyes narrowed; and she shook her head. "Okay, it's crossed my mind, yes— but I just... I don't wanna—"

She was visibly having trouble speaking, and there wasn't a single person in the room who wasn't hearing the heart rate monitor climb. The beeping was becoming incessant, the girl's eyes flickering around. "I just—"

Her gaze averted to her hands, palms turning over so she could look at them. She missed the way someone in her family was shuffling the pack out, until a voice called for the wolf behind her to leave as well. It's a family matter. "No!" she shouted, a hand going to grip Paul's wrist when she felt him try and shuffle away. "P–Paul stays."

The pack cleared out, though it was obviously they'd only taken to linger in the waiting room based on their voices travelling from down the hall. Carmen's pinched look returned, rubbing her thumb between the younger girl's tended brow. "I'll be right outside," she told the girl, because as much as they both loved one another, even Carmen knew this next conversation was a matter for her family; the Cullens.

Once she left and the door closed behind her, Augustine sagged backward and collided with Paul's chest once more. His arms tightened around her waist, secure. It grounded her.

Augustine looked at Edward, at the unhappy look on his face that practically screamed why would you throw away your second chance?

And her response: I'm just scared.

"Why are you so afraid?" he had asked, though there was no mirth behind his question. No judgement.

I don't wanna lose you guys.

It was such a juvenile thing, really. Her family had all been vampires for much longer than she had, they'd gotten used to what they became. She would be losing them, and really, in the grand scheme of things, she felt so insignificant now.

She barely registered Edward approaching her bedside, his hands tentatively reaching for her own. As much as she grew to know Edward and to love him like a brother, they were never the closest out of them all. But here he was, holding her hands so gently in his own, looking at her like yeah, she was his sister, too.

"You will never lose us," he stated, as though it was common sense. His figure in front of her became blurry for a beat before she sniffled, blinking away the emotion. "You might be human now, but you'll always be a Cullen. Don't ever forget that."

Nope, she couldn't blink the emotion out of her eyes at that. The real waterworks began, and in all of his usual broody glory, Edward hugged her.

That was really all the reassurance she needed.

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

When everyone finally left, and when the tears eventually stopped flowing from the ravenette, Augustine found herself alone with Paul.

Sure, he definitely wasn't meant to be there, but Carlisle could tell that everyone had had a tough day. He allowed it, but slyly gave the pair the charge nurse's rotation schedule so the boy could hide when she came by to check on Augustine.

She was laying on his chest, aimlessly drawing shapes over the green shirt he was wearing. "You're like my own personal furnace," she mumbled tiredly, soaking in all the warmth that his body radiated. "S'nice."

He chuckled, chest vibrating due to the motion. "And somehow, you're still cold as hell." 

She shrugged. "I used to naturally run cold, Mase was the same," she responded. "Not much has changed on that end."

"Not much has changed at all," he reassured her, hearing the slight uncertainty in her tone that he was able to sniff out. Her head shifted so she was looking up at him. "Actually, you're clingier— but that's the only difference, really."

Augustine couldn't even deny it because ever since she turned back, she'd been latching onto people (more specifically Paul) like a koala. "Am I hearing you complain about that right now?" she asked, giving him a deadpan look.

His arms squeezed around her in a firm, yet still gentle way. "Does it look like I'm complaining?"

She hummed. "Guess not."

There was a large beat of silence, the sounds of their mixed breathing filling the room before Paul's voice would be heard. "Your birthday's coming up," he whispered, his thumb rubbing circles on her lower back.

"Yours is too," was her giggled response. They were just a week away from celebrating their birthdays, though Augustine could tell that this upcoming birthday would be different from the others.

QIn a good way or in a bad way? She wasn't quite sure yet.

"My dad wants to have you over," he informed the girl that was sprawled on top of him, "he's got a cake planned and everything... he definitely likes you more than me."

"I tend to have that affect on people," she mused, and it earned her a flick to the forehead from the shifter. She flicked his chin in retaliation. "But I'd like that."

"Even if he made you a carrot cake?" he asked jokingly, knowing that carrot cake was her least favourite kind.

Augustine rolled her eyes. "I'd rather eat rocks than ever reject something your dad made me," came her honest reply. "He's too sweet."

Paul laughed lightly. "Such a kiss ass."

"And that's exactly why I'm his favourite, Paulie."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

[ wyn's note ]

given that they haven't been too too close, i literally had to give auggie and edward their sibling moment... and it payed off ugh give us emotion eddie!!!

the final two chaps (+ epilogue) are coming soon... hang tight!! appreciate you all always, xx

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

318K 5.8K 30
This is a Twilight Saga, Paul Lahote fan fiction!
999K 40.9K 29
"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝? 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠...
71.5K 2.3K 20
❝ 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘬. ❞ ― 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 . . . 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛 ...
2.9M 91.5K 59
❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗬𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗘- 𝗜𝗠 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨�...