THE WARRIOR QUEEN

By ziyatt_a

"Fayre, Fayre" someone was calling as I ran "Catch me mama" I called laughing "Stop running, you'll fall" ... More

CHAPTER 1: A FLASH OF SILVER
CHAPTER 2: THE STRANGER
CHAPTER 3: THE CELL SWITCH
CHAPTER 4: MEETING OCTAVIUS
CHAPTER 5: THE UPRISE
CHAPTER 6: RISE OF A NEW EMPIRE
CHAPTER 7: THE HALLUCINATION
CHAPTER 8: THE TALK
CHAPTER 9: LUNCH WITH THE KING
CHAPTER 10: CHAOS
CHAPTER 11: EMOTIONS
CHAPTER 12: A TEMPTING KISS
CHAPTER 13: A CLUELESS PRINCESS
CHAPTER 14: HIS MATE
CHAPTER 15: A DAY TO FORGET
CHAPTER 16: THE THIEF
CHAPTER 18: HER SCREAM
CHAPTER 19: ALLERGY
CHAPTER 20: THE ROYAL HOSPITAL
CHAPTER 21: CAST UNVEILING

CHAPTER 17: HER SAVIOR

32 1 0
By ziyatt_a

I'm falling
And falling, I think I'm in a dark hole and I keep falling endlessly.
I want to scream but it seems to be stuck in my throat. Someone is holding my hand, but who? It's so dark, I can't even see what is right in front of me.

"My lady" a voice called faintly and I try to look behind me or beside me, I really try but I feel stuck at the same time falling.

I saw a bright light and it kept coming closer until it consumed me.

"My lady, you're awake" the same voice again but louder, I slowly opened my eyes and groaned in pained, my head is aching.

I looked to my side and saw a very handsome man, he looks like a perfect painting with no error. His black hair which looks soft enough to run hands through and his well sculptured face but he is still nothing compared to my Luca.

Luca.

I was meant to serve him, so what am I doing here. I looked around the strange room in confusion then back to the handsome stranger in front of me.

"You seem to have questions" he said helping me to sit up, why do I feel so weak and in pain and I'm covered in a robe. The man gave me water to drink and I gladly did, my mouth was dry.

"Why am I in a robe?" I asked.

"Your cloth is torn and it will be impolite for me to stare" he replied. He is obviously royal, he's acting like one but why am I not scared, I feel numb and like I'm forgetting something.

I opened the robe slightly to look at my dress and that was enough to bring flashbacks of what happened to me, I was almost raped but I escaped and he saved me. I shakily covered myself with the robe again.
My King will be so worried.

"You saved me" I said and he swallowed before shrugging, he seems to be nervous, at the same time curious which is not the normal traits I see in royals.

"I don't like seeing injustice" he said finally.

"But I'm human" I said testing the waters, he looks confused for a second then raised his brows.

"And?" He asked.
He is different, he obviously doesn't think I deserve this, which is unusual. Even Luca would have just looked away if I was any other maid as they think humans are nothings, which brings me back to the question, why is King Luca treating me differently?

"I should get back to my King, he'll be worried" I said unconsciously while trying to get up.

"Your King, and why will he be worried?" He asked making me panic internally. Why will a King be worried about his maid's whereabouts?

"Worried, did I say worried? I meant angry, I was meant to serve his food" I said nodding to my self but he doesn't seem to believe me but he stood up and helped me anyways.

I was trying to wear my sandals when a loud knock interrupted us.

The man walked to the door and opened it and it was a fuming Luca that was there, ohh he look so angry like he could kill.

I stood up quickly and almost fell but the man was quick and held on to me quickly. I don't even know his name.
I thanked him and look back to my King who was looking at me strangely, like I hurt him.

"Let's go" he said in a soft but deadly tone and he started to walk away.
I waved at the man and walked after him quickly but I was stopped by a hand. It is the man's.

"Your name?" He asked.

"It's Fayre" I said and he look dumbstruck, like I just threw a bomb on him. I looked confused and I wanted to ask him what went wrong but a growl stopped me. Luca was looking intently at our joined hands and I dropped it quickly and went to him. He walked off before I got to him and I almost ran to keep up as he was walking very fast. I was starting to get out of breath but we soon got to his door, and he opened it walking in, I followed after him and closed the door. He was silent for a while before looking back at me. He is starting to scare me with the way he's looking.
He calmly walked behind me and took off the robe that was on me, I forgot to return them.

He walked back to my front and gently took my hands while he walked me to his bed and sat me down. He seem to be careful with the way he's handling me, like I'll break any moment, contrary to the anger in his eyes. That's scarier, it looks like the calm before the storm.

"Let me explain" I said gently looking at him, trying to get him to look me in the eye but his eyes were focused on my torn dress.

He didn't say anything and just sat with me and opened my zip while helping me out of my dress. I feel so shy being bare in front of him but I don't feel uncomfortable, the only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I am so filthy at the moment.
He helped me out of my underwear and carried me princess style into his bathtub, the water was lukewarm and he helped me wash my body. I want him to look at me but I think it's best to allow him do his thing. It looks like his bomb is ticking.

He carried me out and made me stand while cleaning my body with a towel then he covered me with one of his robes, then he carried me back to his bed.

"I'm listening" he said sighing.

"Did I offend you?" I asked worried as he seem detached from me, I put my hand on his and he looked towards our joined hands.

"I'm not mad at you, I thought I lost you, I'm mad at myself for leaving you at the hut, you should have been with me" he said finally looking at me and his eyes seems to be teary. Ohh no, he doesn't even know what happened yet and he's beating himself up about it

"You did the right thing, don't beat yourself, see I'm fine" I said trying to reassure him.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I tracked your scent" he said.

"Ohh really I have a scent, what do I smell like?" I asked moving close to him and he gave me a little smile.

"Tell me what happened Fayre" he said.

"Where's Orion?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows, I'm not trying to avoid the question but I'm asking for safety precautions.

"He's hunting, to relax his anger" he said and I nodded, so the big predator is far away.

"Before I tell you, you have to promise to be calm and also keep Orion away" I said and he narrowed his eyes.

"Orion moves with his own mind so I can't promise that and I sure as hell I'm not calm but I'll try not to kill" he said and he looked like he's not going to promise more than that.

"Fine, I was going to serve your food but I missed my way and this man who said I could address him with his highness offered to help me get to your room but he deceived me, he made me go into his room and he wanted to rape me, I managed to escape but he was still chasing after me but the man you saw me with helped me before I lost consciousness, I woke up few minutes before you knocked on the door" I said and as soon as I was done I heard a loud growl outside, Orion.
I looked at Luca and he looked calm but that was deceiving as his eyes were raging, I know Orion is acting on Luca's emotions, I can see through the mask he's trying to make for me.
The growl was loud and aggressive and I can hear things breaking, probably from him moving around.

"You said he went to hunt" I said.

"He came back" he simply said while helping me lie on the bed.

"You're not going to say anything to everything I said?" I asked suspiciously.

"I just want to make sure you're okay" he said while caressing my cheek.

"I'm fine, I'm just happy he didn't succeed" I said and he nodded.

"Rest up while I bring you dinner" he said kissing my forehead before walking out of the room.

I heard Orion growl again but it seems closer, I looked to the window and he was there staring at me before flying away seconds after.

Everything was fine for a while but suddenly I started hearing screams of horror.

I stood up quickly removing the robe and picked one of my dress that I packed with Luca's, wearing it.
I ran out the door and followed the sound of the scream and yelling and it led me to what looks like the throne room, it was left opened as guards rushed in, the building was shaking as it look like it was going to collapse and moment, that's going to be the work of Orion.
Luca was beating a man and a lot of guards were trying to get him off but their strengths couldn't compare.

I looked in horror as blood covered the Man's face that I couldn't recognize him again.

"Luca" I sobbed quietly but he seem to hear me in the middle of this chaos and his hand stopped midair. Orion also stopped attacking the building and everything went silent as all eyes seem to be on me now.

"I told you to rest" he said standing up and adjusting his robe like he didn't almost kill a royal, the guards helped the man out of the room as he was so battered, he couldn't even walk himself.

"King Luca, may I ask the meaning of this atrocity in my palace" a man yelled, the King of the Land of Fair, by his right was a queen who looked like the man that was just taken out and by his left was a woman who looked like..

Me

She was staring at me with a shocked and teary look and I was staring at her in confusion.

"Fayre" she called interrupting whatever commotion that was about to happen and now the attention is back on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 7.9K 26
Cold air bite into my lungs, my breathing came in short gasps as my shoes pounded heavily into the drenched soil causing mud to splash up my legs. T...
4.2M 71K 27
My life changed completely once i turned twenty one. My friends and i went out to celebrate my special day but i didn't realise it would be the last...
96.4K 2.9K 17
#3 in short story! 3/29/2019 #34 on Royals! 8/20/2019 #8 on heartfelt! I was walking to the grocery store when I thought some one was following me ...
3.4K 159 30
~Cover by me~ WARNING: I created this book years ago so it is a bit um cringy I am working on a new version of it called "Midnight Rose" if you'd be...