The Missing Piece

Oleh LoyalSong

Kelly Sandler a businesswoman meets Asher a heart doctor. Kelly is a single mother raising a teen daughter an... Lebih Banyak

Introduction One: When We First Met
Characters Part 1
1: Where It Began
2: What's Happening?
3: The Hospital
4: Unconscious
Character Part 2
5: School Bus
6: New Student
7: Do your Job!
8: She's Awake
Character Part 3
9: Things Are Changing
10: Just A Crush
12: Going Back Home
13: Recording Studio
14: Oh, Darling
15: Can you play baseball with me?
16: Trip to the toy store
17: A Runaway
18: I Love You
19: New Home
20: Leon
21: A Date
22: Coloring Book
23: Funeral

11: Why?

5 0 0
Oleh LoyalSong

Willow

"WHY?" Not too long ago Jisoo and I got home from school and Aunt Lee comes into Jisoo's room and tells me that I can't go to the hospital to see my mom. Aunt Lee sighed like she's already tired of me, "Because Willow, I'm going to be busy with a client and Jessie is staying over at a friend's house." She said, her phone starts ringing.

"Oh, look at that? Business calls." She says smiling and answered.

"Hello?" She waved bye then turned to the door and walks out.

I frowned and turned to Jisoo who smiled gently at me and holds up a piece of paper. "Don't be sad, Low. Let's do our homework first then we can watch movies like how we used when we were young-er." That idea sounds fun and it can take my mind off my mother for a little bit.

"Sure." I said and we began to do our Spanish homework together and then afterwards Jisoo microwaved us some popcorn and we sat in the living room and put a comedy movie, Jisoo loves comedy and so do I and romance. I love watching two people fall in love.

Jisoo and I are sitting on the couch laughing at the movie. 

Jisoo calms down first and looks at me, "Willow?"

"Yes?" I said not taking my eyes from the big screen tv on the wall.

"I'm sorry for my mom." The way she said it is what got my attention and I tore my eyes from the screen and looked at her, her brown eyes were filled with sadness. 

"It's okay, Ji." 

"No, my mom's a busy woman that isn't the problem. She's a single mother and is raising two kids, what I'm trying say is that she doesn't seem to have time to spend with us." Jisoo cut herself off before she started to rant.

"I'm just sorry, I'm sorry." She repeated and turned back to the movie.

I stared at her for a while and then also turned back to the movie. I put a piece of popcorn in my mouth and thought about everything that happened today.

"Okay." Was all I said.

SEPTEMBER, FRIDAY 18/2015

Asher

Today's actually my day off and when I should be happy to get some rest, I'm sad that I can't see Kelly today. I sighed getting out of bed and went to the bathroom. It's a little funny how when I was a teenager, waking up early was never my favorite but now I love waking up early.

My favorite thing about waking up early is hearing the birds singing. One time I watched the sunrise, and it was so beautiful and seeing the creatures start their day.

Looking at myself in the mirror I smiled knowing that I am beautifully and wonderfully made.

Putting the toothpaste on my toothbrush I brushed my teeth. 

Leaving the bathroom, I smiled at my dog who is lying down in her bed in the corner of the bedroom. "Morning, girl." She lifted her head up at me and let out an ecstatic bark.

"You hungry?" She answered me by getting up and walking to the bedroom door waiting for me to open it, and I happily obliged.

Walking in the kitchen I went to the pantry and takes out a can of dog food. Sandy patiently waits for me to pour the food in her bowl. "Here's your breakfast, Sandy."

Sandy wagged her tail as she ate the food.

I wasn't all that hungry, so I took a cup of yogurt out the fridge and went to sit at the table. Checking the weather on my phone it said it's supposed to be a nice sunny day, so afterwards I finished breakfast I went to get Sandy's leash to take her for a walk.

Sandy apparently knew what time it was because she's already at the front door wagging her tail.

My cell phone rang, looking at the contact my eyes lit up seeing it was my younger sister calling. "Hello, sis." Smiling, I put the leash on Sandy. "How are you? I haven't heard from you in a while." 

"Hi, bro. Yeah, I've been busy with work and everything, but I've missed my big brother and decided to give you a call. How are things with you and your job?"

"Good, I'm taking Sandy for a morning walk. Work is great!" Sandy stopped to do her business, "Aww, I miss Sandy, maybe I should visit."  My sister Jessica said in a pouty voice. Chuckling I said, "I'm sure she will be happy to see you." We talked for about ten minutes, "Oh! Ash, I need to go but I'll call you when I'll come and visit, love you." She spoke.

"Love you too, Jess." I said and ended the call.

Putting my phone in my pocket I looked down at Sandy, "Come on Sandy, wanna go for a jog?" I asked excitedly and Sandy barked causing me to laugh.

I started jogging and Sandy jogged alongside me.

And that's how I always started my mornings off of work.

Willow

The bell rang, quickly getting up and grabbing my stuff I hurried to my next class. I'm happier than I was yesterday, last night I prayed to God before going to bed which I do every night. Talking to Jesus about everything that happened this week made me feel better and Hope texted me to apologized for not telling her and I forgave her, besides Kai and I were not together so I have no reason to be mad.

Some time passed, and its now lunchtime.

"Why?" Kai looked up from the book he is reading and looked at me confused. "What...?"

Tilting my head, "About you liking Hope now I'm not upset anymore. It's understandable that this little crush would have worn off sooner or later." I picked up my slice of cheese pizza, "I didn't see it back then, but it makes sense, I mean we are fifteen after all." 

Kai frowned, "Willow, I did like, like a lot but..." I see him glance to Peter and back at me, "I knew things wouldn't have worked out between us and Hope and I have more things in common."

I nodded, "No need to explain yourself." Taking a bite of my pizza I couldn't help but think about why Kai looked at Peter. I shrug it off as me thinking too much and started chatting with Jisoo and Quinton.

James spoke up, "Guess I have to stop teasing Kai and Willow." He laughed and Kai rolled his eyes. Hope looked up at her brother and playfully glared at him, "Yeah, he now teases me about liking his best friend. Most brothers would probably be annoyed at the fact that their sister and best friend like each other but not this one."

James shrugged, "If you're happy, I'm happy as long as no one's hurt." 

"Hey guys I have news!" Joy's excitement brought everyone's eyes to her. "Okay, so you all know how much I love singing?" 

"Yes." Hope, Jisoo and I said in synch.

"No." Peter said and Quinton shook his head.

"I've never heard you sing before." James said tilting his head like puppy causing Joy to blush.

And Kai stayed silent and flipped through his book, but you can tell he's paying attention.

"As most of you know my dad is a studio operator and he saw the songs that wrote and liked them!" She squealed, "He's taking me to the studio so I can sing my songs." We smiled at how happy she is, if there's something Joy loves other than cheering it's singing to the Lord.

"That's awesome!" Hope hugged her best friend.

"Thanks, but there's one more thing." Joy grinned.

"What?"

"The first song I'm going to record is called, I've Seen The Light and it's meant for four people to sing. When I originally wrote it, it was when I was eleven and it needs a few changes, but I thought you three can sing it with me." She said with hope in her eyes, all three of us looked at each other and agreed nodding.

Joy squealed and got up to hug us and the boys watched amused.

A part of me is nervous but the other part is excited and knows this will be a good and fun experience.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thoughts?

God bless you :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

59 7 7
Esme Kelly Octavia Knight- An angel with a dark side. She protects her loved ones, even by sacrificing her dreams. Her dreams of finding 'true love'...
140K 3.7K 46
10 Years ago my life changed, I was 18, young, stupid and selfish. I thought I was doing the right thing, convinced myself everything I did I was doi...
139K 6.2K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...
7.5M 77.5K 6
*Book one in the Hell's Company series* Lucifer was the brightest angel in Heaven, But in service of God, he was condemned to darkness. After thousan...