Fuck the Rules // [Jennie x O...

By svjiii

Jennie agrees to fuck her worst nightmare. --- WARNINGS: angst, domestic abuse, sexual content, explicit lang... More

N°1
N°2
N°3
N°4
N°5
N°6
N°7
N°8
N°9
N°10
N°11
N°12
N°13
N°14
N°15
N°16

N°17

671 53 29
By svjiii

[12:45 pm]

Finally lunchtime.

The second Jinah drifted away from Jennie before fourth period, she was very close to turning around and walking Jennie to her class. However, attending Biology class to save her grades was slightly more important. Even though she's claimed she doesn't care about her future, she doesn't want to flunk and repeat her senior year, with or without Jennie by her side.

Imagine being a super senior.

Embarrassing!

Jinah had sent Jennie a text message that she'll pick her up at her Physics class. By the time she reaches the classroom, students are still going out one by one until there is no one left. She waits for the occult girl to walk out, but the teacher is the last one to leave. Before the door closes on her, she holds it open and pokes her head inside.

No sign of the blonde brunette.

Hmm, that's weird.

Did she leave early?

Surely, she would've texted me.

Jinah double-checks her phone and sees that Jennie hasn't replied or read her text message. Strange. This isn't like her. While she does like giving the younger girl a hard time and making her beg for her attention, Jennie usually lets her know when something comes up.

The raven has a feeling.

And it's not the good kind.

Jinah starts calling her phone while striding down the hallways, frantically turning her head around in case she catches sight of her. The call is sent to voicemail. Jinah tries calling her a couple of more times, but they fail to reach Jennie. She's too busy looking for Jennie that she doesn't realize a buff guy bumping into her. She bounces off his body and takes a few steps back.

"Wonho, have you seen Jennie? She's not answering any of my texts or calls."

He scratches his cheek as he ponders about it. "Not really, no. She didn't show up to Physics class, so I assumed she went home early."

"What? No, she didn't—fuck, okay." She tries to not let her nerves get the best of her. "Text me if you see her."

Wonho nods in agreement before parting ways.

Jinah hurriedly hunts down for the goth girl in every corner of the school, inside and out. She spends most of the lunch period searching for Jennie, asking people if they've seen her around. Each time they say no, her anxiety spikes up. She calls her phone eight more times and sends twenty text messages. All of them are left unanswered.

They were literally together all morning until they had to split up for different classes.

What the hell happened after they separated?

Dammit, she should've walked her to her class.

The one section she hasn't checked is the girls' locker room. They hardly hang out in there since none of them have gym class, so there was no point in going in there. Although, it does make a great place for quickies. Either way, she has a feeling Jennie might be.

However, an obstacle stands in her way.

"Hey, baby."

The bimbo cheerleader blocks the entrance to the locker rooms.

"What is it, Sora?" Jinah hisses. She is not in the mood to play her little games.

"In a hurry?"

"It's none of your business."

"Kinda weird to see you alone nowadays. Finally escaped the basket case?" she chuckles with a vicious, taunting grin. "Good. She was weighing you down with her loser status."

Jinah grabs a fistful of her shirt and yanks her close. "One more word out of your stupid mouth and you'll be swallowing your teeth."

"I wouldn't speak to me like that if I were you."

"Or what, Sora? Gonna bitch and stomp your feet to your daddy so he can expel me?"

When Sora smiles at her, it's malicious.

"Worse," she whispers, a manic look in her eyes.

Jinah stares at her momentarily. She clenches her jaw as anger starts to burn in her chest. She has no time to deal with this. With a frustrated groan, she roughly shoves her to the side and lets her go, ignoring her complaint. She storms past the doors of the girls' locker room.

Inside, she fast walks down the pathway while checking each row of lockers on either side. Her anxiety gets worse when she doesn't catch a glimpse of Jennie. She goes all the way to the other side where the shower stalls are. She tears open every single shower curtain until she reaches the last one.

As the curtain is ripped open, light floods in and frightens the figure sitting in the corner. Jinah hears a quiet whimper and sees her flinch at the sudden exposure.

Her heart drops.

Jinah throws her backpack on the ground and kneels in front of Jennie, frantically checking her for injuries. Unfortunately, she has a lot. Her clothes are torn apart and barely hanging on to her by the threads. Scratches litter all over her chest, arms, and legs. Dark bruises are starting to welt on different areas of her body. Her dark brown-blonde hair is a damp mess like she was caught in a catfight.

When Jinah tries to touch her arm, Jennie makes a scared sound and recoils away from her, pushing herself closer to the corner of the stall.

"Love, it's me," Jinah reassures in a gentle voice.

Jennie swore she heard a quiver towards the end, but it must be her imagination fooling her. Jinah isn't the type to cry.

"Are you okay?"

Stupid question.

She's obviously not okay.

"Can I touch you? I wanna see your face, at least," Jinah pleads, trying so hard to keep her hands to herself.

Reluctantly, Jennie lifts her head and faces the younger girl, still avoiding her gray eyes.

The anger is present, but the shock is bigger. Her insides burn her upon the horrific sight.

Jennie has a nasty bruise on her left cheekbone, and lines of bright red scratches on the right side of her face. Her quivering bottom lip is busted as if she had been punched. The underside of her chin is still bleeding. Her feline eyes are rimmed red with tear streaks and her makeup runs down her cheeks.

Jinah swallows down the lump in her throat and exhales a long, deep breath. "Who did this to you?"

Jennie remains silent. She feels so insecure and weak under Jinah's glare that she doesn't want to face the raven anymore. When she's about to lower her head, Jinah stops her by holding her face.

"Jennie," she says her name firmly, unconsciously tightening the grip.

Her throat bobs nervously as she attempts to answer the terrifyingly upset punk. "I-I... c-can't say..." she whispers, a fresh wave of tears rolling down her face. She winces at the sting when the salty tears touch the fresh scratches on her cheek.

"Bullshit. Tell me."

"N-No... She—they'll... hurt m-m-me..."

Jinah furrows her eyebrows in pure bewilderment. "What? Who, who said that?"

"I-I can't, can't tell you... d-don't wanna say." Her voice breaks.

Jinah notices how she can't stop stuttering. Jennie only stutters when her anxiety goes out of hand and she's been through a terrible panic attack. "Give me their names."

"N-No."

"You have to tell me, Jennie. They're not the boss of you, don't let them push you around," she scolds a little harshly. "Give me their names, now."

Once again, Jennie shakes her head in refusal.

A flash of raw anger goes through her.

Jinah clenches her jaw and lets go of Jennie's face before standing back up. She paces back and forth for a minute as she frantically runs her hands through her hair, trying to even out her heavy breathing but to no avail. Then, she stops right in front of a locker.

BANG!

Jinah punches the metal door so hard that the loud bang startles Jennie. She ignores the throbbing pain in her knuckles as she hits the locker a few more times. The rage has blinded her senses.

What terrifies Jennie is how eerily quiet and unresponsive Jinah is. The whole time she beat up the locker, not a single muscle on her face twitched. Jennie's body trembles as she desperately tries to breathe through the onslaught of tears streaming down her face and neck.

It's scary to see Jinah like this.

"S-Stop...! Stop! Please stop!" Jennie begs, her hands pressing over her ears to block out the loud bangs.

By the time Jinah is done abusing it, the door has a huge dent in the middle.

"If you don't give me their names, I'll hurt every single person until I find the culprit."

Jennie lowers her head at her hard tone. "D-Don't! Don't hurt anyone... p-please."

This is getting nowhere.

Her heavy breathing gradually evens out as the angry trembles calm down. Jinah looks down at her knuckles and sees the skin split open and bleeding. She opens and closes her fist to see if it's sore. As the adrenaline dies down, the pain starts to kick in.

Whatever, she'll deal with it later.

Right now, Jennie is her priority.

Jinah rubs her tired eyes. "C'mon, I'm taking you to my place."

"N-Now? W-What about s-s-school?"

"Jennie, I don't give two fucks about school, especially when you're mauled up like this." Jinah holds her hands out. Reluctantly, Jennie puts her hands into hers and Jinah helps her stand up. Her legs are weak and wobbly from sitting down for so long that she has to lean on the taller girl for support.

Now that she can see Jennie's entire body, she finds more large bruises on her torso and dried blood on her scraped knees.

"Is it okay if I can hug you?"

The kitten nods.

Jinah wraps her arms around the smaller girl in a comforting embrace, mindful to not press against the bruises or suffocate her in the hug. Jennie curls into the raven's hold and crumbles down again, burying her face into her chest. More tears stain wet patches on her shirt, but Jinah doesn't care. Her heart sinks at the unimaginable fear and pain Jennie is going through right now. She has seen Jennie break down a few times, but not to this extent.

Jinah strokes her messy hair to console her as she holds her trembling form. She stares at the tiled wall of the shower stall as she thinks about who could've done this. A lot of students don't like Jennie, but none of them would go as far as physically assaulting her. Somehow, she has an idea of who could've done it. She wants to be wrong because it'll only reignite the uncontrollable rage in her.

She doesn't want to know what would happen if her temper reaches its limit.

She hopes it never gets to that point.

They stand there until there are no more tears left to shed and her sobs quiet down to small, shaky breaths. She kisses the crown of her head before stepping back and breaking their hug. She sheds her leather jacket and drapes it around Jennie's shoulders to shield her almost nude body. They can't do anything for her torn clothes, they're useless now. Regardless, she grabs the remaining pieces and shoves them in her backpack. She recollects the spilled contents from Jennie's bag and puts them inside before picking it up along with own her backpack.

"You've taken care of me, so let me take care of you." Jinah slides her arm around her shoulders and leads her to the exit. She is super glad her cousin allowed her to drive his car for the rest of the month. It was his way of apologizing for being a jerk the other day.

Jennie stops in her tracks, causing Jinah to look at her questionably. "W-What if..."

"What if what?"

"What if your dad shows up?"

In that short moment, Jinah felt helpless.

Bringing Jennie to her house is risky. Her father could make a special appearance and terrorize both girls even worse. Jennie's house isn't the second-best option either. Whether her foster parents are home or not, they'll find out eventually and she doesn't want Jennie to stress about it.

It's frustrating.

There is no trustworthy haven anywhere for them.

While Jinah does fear her father, the desire to protect Jennie from harm is much stronger.

Jinah shakes off the nerves and puts up a brave front. "I'll protect you from him. As long as I'm there, he won't lay a finger on you," she vows. "I'll kill him if he does."

"Promise?"

Her grim features soften completely. "Cross my heart."

Never again will she prioritize her classes over Jennie.

[1:31 pm]

Jinah had driven past the speed limit so she could get home sooner and comfort her girlfriend after the traumatic experience. She still doesn't know what happened or who did this to her. She will get her answers soon. Luckily, the house is empty. She takes Jennie to the bathroom so she can get her cleaned up before treating her injuries.

Jinah turns on the shower head and lets the water run until it's at the hottest temperature; the way Jennie likes it.

"I'm taking your clothes off, okay," Jinah warns before she can scare her. Jennie nods and lets her remove her tattered clothes. It doesn't take much effort to take them off since they practically rip with a simple tug. She checks in with Jennie to make sure she is comfortable being naked in front of her. Then, she ties her hair up and holds it with a claw clip so it won't get in the way.

When she tries to guide Jennie under the shower head, Jennie freaks out the second the streaming water touches her back. She desperately clings onto the taller girl for dear life, pushing themselves away from the water. Jinah almost slips on the wet tiles as her back hits the wall, holding on to the terrified kitten.

"No, no! Please, no!" Jennie begs as she entangles her arms around the raven's torso. She hides her face in her neck and squeezes her eyes shut. Bad idea. As her vision blacks out, she sees the cheerleaders taunting her in the locker room. The wicked grins and their witch-like cackles.

Her eyes snap open as she starts to hyperventilate.

"What's the matter?" Jinah asks, knitting her eyebrows together in concern. She caresses the top of her head and rubs her nude back.

"N-No..."

"No what?"

"No shower." Jennie looks up at the raven and pleads with her wide cat eyes.

Jinah's heart burns uncomfortably. "Okay... how about a bath?" she suggests gently, her thumb stroking her bruised cheekbone.

Jennie shakes her head.

"You have to get washed, otherwise your injuries will get infected." Her gray eyes scan the tiny bathroom for ideas. Jinah reaches over to grab the washcloth from the rack and wets it under the shower head "I'm gonna clean you with this, alright?"

When Jennie doesn't refuse, she glides the washcloth over her body. She's careful to not scrub too hard against the open cuts and purple bruises. The whole time Jinah cleans her, Jennie refuses to let her go. Her own clothes become wet, but that's the least of her worries.

Once she's clean enough, Jinah turns off the shower and engulfs her trembling body in a towel. She makes her sit on top of the closed toilet before she opens the sink cabinet and pulls out the first-aid kit. She first sanitizes the open cuts—apologizing each time Jennie winces at the burn—and places bandaids over them. She applies healing cream on her bruises and kisses over each wound to magically heal them. As she tends to the gash under her chin, she notices the blank look in Jennie's eyes that stare off into the distance.

Jinah takes Jennie to her bedroom and grabs a set of clean clothes for her. She helps her put on a long-sleeved shirt and cotton sweatpants. It's a good thing they exchange outfits very often. She tells Jennie she's going to fetch a couple of water bottles and some painkillers while she can make herself comfortable.

The exhausted kitten sits on the frameless mattress and brings her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs. She feels like she isn't herself anymore. Her confidence and self-respect shattered just like that.

Broken.

Jinah returns and sits down on the edge, handing her the medication and water bottle. She watches Jennie swallow the pills and drink large gulps of water until there is not a single drop left. Poor thing must've been dehydrated. The raven waits patiently for her to say something.

"Are you ready to talk?" Jinah asks.

All she receives is silence.

"Love, please talk to me. You can trust me." She wants to hold her, but she can tell by Jennie's body language that she doesn't want to be touched right now.

Jennie knows that she needs to tell her. It's better to tell her now than her finding out later. But she finds herself clamming up and her face getting red all over again. The uncontrollable tremors return.

"I..." Jennie lets out a nervous breath and tries to compose herself. Her knees are still up to her chest and she refuses to look in Jinah's direction. The story will be mortifying enough without seeing the raven's reaction.

Jinah nods eagerly, encouraging her to speak as she leans forward to hear her better.

"I-I don't... I don't know all of their names," she mutters, letting out a sniffle. She's too old to cry, but the pain still lingers inside and out.

"That's fine. Can you at least describe their appearance?"

"Cheerleaders..."

Already off to a bad start.

Every problem starts with that particular demographic.

Jinah takes deep breaths through her nose to stay calm. She waits patiently for Jennie to continue with her story.

"Right after we separated, I was heading to my class. Someone was standing in my way—it was Sora."

Sora.

There's a faint change in the air that makes it hard for them to breathe.

The tension becomes so thick that it feels suffocating.

"She started arguing with me over some stupid things. Then, her cheerleader friends dragged me to the locker room. They pushed me into the shower stall and drenched me in water." Her chest tightens reminding the moment of panic when she realized she was trapped.

With every word, anger flares up.

That's why she didn't want a shower...

Jennie starts messing with the long sleeves of her shirt. "Then, they started calling m-me names and p-pushing me around and... and..." Her voice gets smaller as she continues talking. She lowers her head in between her knees to hide her face. She doesn't want to say—she really doesn't because it'll only remind her of the humiliation and pain.

Jennie flinches when a hand starts rubbing up and down her back, but remembers when she's alone with Jinah. Her palm is gentle and warm, comforting her in the best way she can.

Jinah scoots closer to her. "And then?"

The older girl takes in a shuddering breath before picking up where she left off. "S-Sora told them t-t-to rip my clothes."

Her hand stills.

"And b-beat me up. I tried fighting back—I did! I tried, b-but they outnumbered me..." she explains through the tears that are blurring her vision.

Jinah has to keep her temper in check before she unintentionally hurts Jennie.

"A-And..."

There's more?

Jinah feels nausea forming in her stomach. She is hoping that the next few sentences aren't about the cheerleaders violating her in unforgivable ways.

Jennie sits up straight and scratches at her hands and wrists as she remembers the terrible names thrown at her. "Sora was telling me that I shouldn't date you... That you shouldn't be associated with a slut like m-me."

A new spark of rage filters through Jinah. "What?"

"She t-told me to stay away from you. If I don't, she'll humiliate me in front of the whole s-school."

"Humiliate you how?"

"She has a video," Jennie reveals, much to Jinah's surprise.

"A video of what?"

"Yesterday... during lunch, on the b-bleachers."

Fuck.

She knew Sora's behavior was suspicious that day, but she didn't think much of it.

"She also t-took pictures of me in the locker room," she sniffles. "She said she'll post them if I don't... don't b-break up with you." She scratches at the bandage on her wrist a little too hard and it makes her wince.

Jinah grabs at Jennie's wrists to stop her from shredding her skin and reopening her wounds. She moves closer and wraps her arms around the older girl's shoulders. Jennie immediately leans into her embrace and buries her head into her neck, clutching onto the back of her shirt. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I should've walked you to your class. It's my fault."

"I've never felt so humiliated in my life. All I wanted to do was crawl under a rock and die." Her voice comes in mumbles through Jinah's shirt.

Why is Park Sora so selfish?

Why the fuck did she wake up this morning and thought it was a fun idea to do this to someone?

And to Jennie, a harmless, smart, wonderful girl, of all people?

Just because they're dating?

She wants to track down every single one of these cheerleaders and make them regret putting their hands on Jennie, especially Park Sora. Jinah is going to kill her the first chance she gets.

No one would mourn her death, right?

She sure didn't think so.

But Jennie is her top priority right now. Jinah represses all of the anger she has and instead pulls her girlfriend into another hug. She soothes her with reassuring words and gentle strokes on her hair.

After a moment, Jennie's cries die into sniffles and tiny whimpers. She's still cradled in Jinah's arms as if she was a teddy bear. She can't remember when was the last time someone had comforted her through a panic attack and let her in their arms.

The younger girl has no plans of letting her go, but she wants to lie down so they can be in a comfortable position. "Stop crying, I hate seeing you cry," Jinah says as she wipes away the tears. "Also, my shirt's getting a second shower."

"Shut up," Jennie mumbles against her shoulder as a weak fist punches her ribcage.

The punk snickers, proud of herself for lightening the depressing atmosphere. "Knackered?"

"Does that mean 'tired'?"

"Good. You're getting smarter." She leans back to look at the goth girl. Her hand softly pushes her blonde bangs away from her forehead before she kisses her hairline. "How about a kip?"

Jennie gives her a deadpan look. "You mean nap?"

Jinah chuckles as they lie down together on the mattress.

"W-Wait." Jennie sits up and looks around.

"What's wrong?"

"Jacket... can I wear your jacket?"

"The leather one?"

Jennie nods. "Please?"

"Yeah, of course." The raven jumps out of bed and goes to retrieve her jacket from the bathroom. She puts it on for her, and the smell of jasmine perfume and leather immediately helps soothe Jennie's nerves. She's happy to know that her jacket also provides a blanket of security to someone else. "Better?"

"Yeah, thank you."

They settle on top of the mess of blankets and pillows. Jinah grabs the soft blanket that was kicked to the corner and drapes it over their legs. Thanks to Jennie's clinginess, Jinah had gotten used to cuddling without appearing as stiff as a board. She wraps her arm around her shoulders and pulls into her side. The familiar sensation of shelter and comfort envelops Jennie.

"Let's skip tomorrow. Give you some time to recover," Jinah says. "You can stay here or I can take you to your house. I don't mind where, as long as you're safe."

"I wanna be with you, but I'm scared," Jennie whispers, holding onto the younger girl tightly. She can't handle other people's pity. She doesn't want to. Most of all, she wonders how Jisoo would react once she hears about the incident.

Jinah shushes her and starts stroking her hair to lure her to sleep. "Don't worry, love. I'll make sure nobody will ever bother you again."

The smaller girl seems much calmer to the point that she can barely keep her eyes open anymore. Her drowsy eyelids struggle to stay open, but the pleasant warmth surrounding her encourages her to sleep. Jinah presses a tender kiss to her forehead and snuggles her closer.

"Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up," she promises.

Tired of speaking, Jennie nods slightly and succumbs to sleep.

[6:52 pm]

Jinah feels movement. They're quick movements, ones that could mimic a jolt. She is startled awake when she feels a kick very close to her family jewels.

What in the bloody hell?

She rubs the sleep away from her eyes and takes in her surroundings. She looks to her side and sees the goth girl in a deep sleep.

Oh, right. I forgot Jen was sleeping here.

Her face is scrunched up in fear and she's breathing in slight gasps of air. When Jinah hears her own name coming out of Jennie's lips in such a distressed tone.

The realization hits.

Jennie is having a nightmare.

"Oh, shit," Jinah mutters as she hurriedly sits up. She gently shakes her shoulder at first. "Jennie," she says gently, "Jen, wake up."

However, the older girl doesn't hear her, continuing to shake while releasing occasional whimpers. The raven squeezes her shoulder and continues nudging, using her normal speaking voice.

"Love, wake up. You're okay, just wake up. Please wake up."

It takes a few more attempts, but at last, Jennie wakes up with a loud gasp. She is back to reality and certainly not in the most peaceful way. She takes in plenty of deep, hard breaths, which hurts her lungs with dull pressure. Her shaky hand clutches her chest, and she can feel her rapid heartbeat pounding against her small ribcage. It's pounding so loud in her eardrums that she can hardly register the raven's voice.

Jinah tries to relax her panicky state by rubbing her arm—careful about her injuries—and helping her sit up. She tells her words of comfort and reassures her that she's safe in her bedroom. She can't even imagine what the nightmare was about. Well, Jennie has been going through so much within the past 12 hours that her dream was most likely about those cheerleaders hurting her again.

"Jen, it's okay. Love, it's just me," Jinah says, moving her hand from her shoulder to her face so she can caress it. "Look at me."

Jennie jerks her face out of her hand and turns away, wrapping her arms around herself and rocking her body back and forth. She blows out air through her lips with pressure as her eyes start to water again.

Deep breath in.

Blow it all out.

Another deep inhale.

Another aggressive exhale.

Why won't her lungs stop hurting?

"Hey, Jen, take it easy," the younger girl says, starting to panic a little bit as well. She's not too familiar with situations like these. "You're gonna pass out if you don't slow down."

Jennie ignores her—not on purpose, though. She's busy hiding in her tiny panic room with her hair falling over her face

"Jen, you're gonna be okay," Jinah tries to talk to her again. She carefully puts her hand on her shoulder, which makes Jennie whimper and breathe even harder. "Jennie, it's just me." She slowly rubs her back in various patterns such as circles, side to side, or up and down to ground her. "Do you feel my hand?"

The warmth and movement are helping Jennie come back to Earth. Her breaths start to even out a little and the trembles are becoming less violent. She lifts her head and takes in her surroundings. She notices the mess in the dark room that could only belong to the delinquent.

"You're okay," Jinah keeps telling her again until the blonde brunette stops shaking and is comfortable speaking again.

Jennie settles her feline eyes on her concerned girlfriend. She finally seems to have registered Jinah's presence for the first time since waking up, because she properly looks at her.

Jinah offers a small smile as she tilts her head. "Hi, love."

"Jinah?" her voice comes out raspy, barely a whisper.

"Yes?"

"What's going on? A-Am I hurt?"

"No, you're okay," Jinah replies, leaning forward a little. She wipes away the sweat from her forehead. "It was a night terror."

Jennie takes a few more deep breaths to calm down her racing heart. She slumps forward and the raven envelops her in a tight hug. Her hands clutch onto Jinah in fear of her disappearing. The best Jinah can do is hold her and tell her that everything will be okay.

"Do you want water?" Jinah asks. She feels a meek nod against her neck. She grabs the unopened bottled water and twists the lid open for her. Jennie tries to bring the bottle to her lips, but Jinah decides to do it for her because she is horribly trembling and the water might spill. Once Jennie is satisfied, Jinah sets the water bottle aside. "I assume you don't wanna talk about it."

Jennie shakes her head, and the raven accepts it. Jinah isn't going to force her into telling her anything if she doesn't want to. She's already been through enough, and she had to gather a lot of courage to confess her trauma earlier.

"Bloody hell, Jen... you almost gave me a heart attack." the younger girl chuckles as she rubs her chest to soothe her own pounding heart.

Jennie looks into the pair of gray eyes and finds nothing but worry and understanding in them. "I'm sorry for being a mess. You're probably tired of me."

"Hey, don't say that," Jinah chides, tucking a strand of her blonde bang behind her ear.

"You don't gotta lie. I'd hate me, too."

"Jennie," she says her name sternly. "I don't hate you. Stop spewing bullshit."

"They said you're just tolerating me, which I get it..."

"I don't know what lies those cunts put in your head, but stop it. Don't believe their words over mine. It's beyond offensive." Jinah glares at her with a frown.

Jennie winces at her firm tone and mutters an apology.

"I need to take pictures."

Jennie's head snaps up at that. "Pictures? Pictures of what?"

"Your body. I need evidence against Sora and those cheerleaders."

"N-No more pictures..." She hugs the jacket around her tiny body tighter and scoots away to shield herself.

"Okay, okay. I won't take them." Jinah puts her hands up to show no harm. As she peers out the window, the sun has already set below the horizon and the sky is gradually getting duskier. They had slept through most of the afternoon without eating anything. She stands up and stretches out her stiff limbs, popping a few bones. "Would you like a cuppa and biscuits? We can lay down and watch your favorite film or show," she suggests, putting her hand out.

Jennie actually smiles at that (a tiny one, but it counts) and accepts the offer. She takes Jinah's hand and uses it as leverage to stand up. She groans and winces at how sore her body is. Hopefully, the painkillers will soothe the ache soon.

Jinah guides them both to the kitchen so she can set up tea and gather her favorite snacks. Jennie sits by the small table in silence while she works on their drinks. She does give short answers and comments to Jinah's rambling about random things and fun facts. It's stupid, but it does distract Jennie from the nightmare that's probably replaying in her mind. Jinah doesn't want her to relive that experience again, especially in real life. She's paranoid about leaving her alone from now on.

Tea is ready and a plate of biscuits is set.

Jinah holds the steaming mugs in both hands while Jennie carries the plate of snacks. It seems that the kitten needs physical contact because she rests her hand on the punk's lower back as they make a short trip to the living room. They don't have to worry about other guests in the house. Jinah's mother is working overtime and won't be home until tomorrow morning. Her older brother is messing around wherever the hell he is. Her father... is unpredictable.

In the meantime, they will cherish their peace.

On the recliner chair, the girls are thin enough to fit in the singular seat with the footrest kicked up. Jennie is practically glued to Jinah's side, covered by the blanket they took from her bedroom. Jennie's hand had snuck its way under Jinah's shirt and kept it there on her stomach to feel her warm skin. Legs are tangled together, and there is no space between their bodies.

For about a few hours all they did was watch movies and eat their way through the snacks; the tea was long gone. Some couples tend to watch light, happy, or romantic films to forget about their nightmares. Except for these two; they prefer to watch scary movies. They've compiled a long list of horror movies and shows they plan to watch, most of them coming from foreign countries.

Jinah isn't sure if Jennie is asleep or silently watching the final minutes of the movie because she hasn't made a comment or laughed at a particular scene. But she is content enough to see that Jennie is a little more calm and the panic is long gone.

They've lost track of time.

It could be very late at night or very early in the morning.

Before she drifts off to sleep, Jennie leans up and places the gentlest and most loving kiss on Jinah's cheek. "Thank you."

"My little kitten," Jinah whispers, kissing her forehead tenderly. She guides her head to rest against her shoulder again. Jennie closes her eyes, and within a couple of minutes, she enters a deep slumber. Her breathing drops to a slow, regular rhythm.

Jinah knows her nightmares will return, but she vows to be there to comfort her. No matter what happens, she will always be there for her.

Her phone starts ringing on the armchair beside her. She grabs it and glances at the unknown number.

Phenomenal.

As much as she wants to forget about her, she answers the call to see what she wants. She puts the phone over her ear and doesn't reply.

"I warned you, Son Jinah, and look what happened."

Just hearing her voice makes her blood boil.

"You should've listened to me in the first place. You and I both know I don't fuck around when I want something."

Her breaths start getting heavier the more she hears her talk.

"Not gonna say a word to me? Fine."

An incoming text message buzzes against her ear.

Jinah pulls the phone away and clicks on the notification from the unknown sender. She sees the image attached, and it makes her chest constrict uncomfortably. It's a picture of a beaten-up Jennie in the shower stall, cowered in the corner like a scared kitten.

Something dark and dangerous flashes through her mind as she stares at the image.

"Is that enough to provoke you?"

Jinah refuses to give her a response.

She doesn't even trust herself to speak.

If she does, unfiltered profanity and insults will spew without any end.

"Break up with her, and I won't post this pic."

Her fingers tighten around her phone as it trembles.

Sora mutters a few words before she hangs up, "You know where to find me, baby."

The line goes dead.

Sora can blackmail her all she wants, but nobody can do it better than Jinah.

Sora has money and status.

Jinah has connections.

Only one of those can execute the perfect revenge plan.

Jinah scrolls through the short list of contacts and selects the one she's looking for her.

[Jinah]:

do you have that computer guy's phone number? the one that does all the hacking shit?

1:50 am

[Wonho]:

hong joshua? 

1:51 am

[Wonho]:

i do, whyy?

1:51 am

[Jinah]:

i'll explain later. please send it to me

1:51 am

The taste of blood has never sounded so appetizing.

[Friday]

Jinah's mother didn't arrive until eight in the morning.

She had to travel across town and clean houses in the neighborhood for the past couple of days. It felt nice to finally come home. Even though the paychecks were grand, she felt bad for leaving her children alone without a heads-up. They're used to it by now, which is horrible. She should be a present mother, especially in Jinah's life who is still under her care.

However, when she walked up the pathway to her home, she found her daughter sitting on the wooden porch steps while smoking a cigarette. She was more surprised to see Jinah awake instead of seeing her at home and not at school.

Her motherly instincts told her that something was wrong.

Right now, she is tending Jennie's wounds with proper care and treatment that'll help them heal faster. The first aid kit is laid out on the kitchen table as Jennie sits timidly on the chair beside it. While Jinah did her best to treat the abrasions, she could tell her work was a bit sloppy. Every time Jennie winced or whimpered at the stinging pain, Jinah would send death glares in her mother's direction.

"Don't give me that look, Son Jinah. I know what I'm doing," the older woman says sternly, keeping her gaze focused on the open cut above Jennie's eyebrow. She understands her daughter's protective nature, but it's getting in the way of her work. It also doesn't help that Jinah has her chair pulled up right beside her while scrutinizing every movement.

"But you're hurting her."

"It means the medicine is working. If only you stayed in school, then you would know," her mother snaps back. She carefully pads a cotton ball soaked in saline solution on the cut.

Jinah rolls her eyes as she hears a quiet giggle from the blonde brunette.

"But did you graduate with a Master's degree in medicine?" she counters.

"I know enough." She places a bandaid on the cut before moving to work on Jennie's bruised arms.

"Jinah, please be kind," Jennie mutters, giving her a side glare.

The raven crosses her arms and sits back in her seat, huffing through her nose. She admits defeat to these two.

"My dream was to become a nurse," her mother suddenly reveals, rubbing healing cream on the bruises. "When I started college, I was fortunate enough to study abroad with a scholarship granted to me. I chose England because I heard they had a great nursing program there."

Both girls listen intently to her story.

"It was great for the first few months. Got an internship at a local hospital, made great friends, and I was excelling in school." She smiles sadly at the old memories. "Until I met him..."

Jinah's eyes snap up at her mother.

"Not too long after I met him, I fell pregnant with her brother, Jaehyuk," she continues, her smile slowly diminishing. "Of course, juggling between motherhood, college, and my internship wasn't easy, especially in a foreign country. I had zero help from my parents, who immediately disowned me upon hearing the news. Soon enough, I lost my scholarship due to my excessive absences in school, as well as my internship. I didn't have any money to go back home. Well, I no longer had a home to go back to..."

Jinah closes her eyes and rubs them, clearing her throat to get rid of the lump.

"And her father... well..."

"Mum."

"Let's just say that the only money I had left in my bank no longer belonged to me," she laughs humorlessly, her eyes swelling with tears. "I was a young, stupid girl."

She lifts her head to peer at the girls woefully. "One thing for sure is that my children are never at fault. I will never blame them for the decisions I made," she emphasizes, giving a wobbly smile. "While I regret not granting them a better life, I do not regret having them."

Jennie smiles and soaks in the maternal warmth this woman emits.

She is so kind— kinder than any person she has met.

Ms. Son quickly wipes away the unshed tears and smiles at Jennie. "You're actually the first person Jinah has brought home. I'm assuming things are serious between you, I hope."

"We have good feelings toward each other," Jennie answers.

Ms. Son is happy to hear that. "That's exciting. I know she can be reserved about her dating life, but she's open with this relationship."

"Hey, I have a right to keep it private. Otherwise, you can't mind your own business," Jinah argues.

"Oh, hush now. God knows how long I've been putting up with you. The day you hit puberty and began your rebellion, I feared for your future partner."

The punk groans out loud.

Here she goes.

"She's unbelievable," her mother sighs, shaking her head. "I can't tell you how many headaches I've had to endure. I really thought her brother was going to cause all the trouble because you know, boys."

Jennie nods in agreement, "Right." 

"But I couldn't prepare myself for the wrath this stubborn girl brought me."

"I'm still getting used to it," Jennie comments.

Jinah is done with their tag team. She stands up and wanders around the kitchen.

Ms. Son chuckles. "Do you feel better now, dear?" she asks.

"Yes, I do. Thank you. I greatly appreciate it." Jennie gets up and gives her a full bow of gratitude.

"It's no issue. I'd love to help in any way I can. Although, I'm concerned that your parents might not know about this. Have you contacted the school?"

"It's better if they don't," she replies. "Sorry, it's complicated. I prefer to handle this on my own."

While Ms. Son is uneasy and apprehensive, she nods in understanding. "Just know that if you ever need to talk to an adult, I'm open."

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Aye, call me Auntie." She waves her hand. "Sit down and rest for a bit. I'll start to make breakfast now."

"English breakfast?" Jinah questions.

"Anything that Jennie wants," her mother clarifies, quirking her eyebrow.

Jinah rolls her eyes and grumbles under her breath as she walks away. Giggling, Jennie states her choice to Ms. Son before she's dragged away towards the couch by the raven. The television is showing a movie about a superhero dressed in a spider suit swinging across buildings. Jinah pulls her to sit beside her and slips her hands under Jennie's t-shirt to feel her soft, warm skin.

Ms. Son gathers the dishes and ingredients to make breakfast upon Jennie's request. It's one of those traditional Korean breakfast meals, so she can easily cook it in no time. Every now and then, she would glance at the girls in the living room. Her daughter won't let the poor kitten breathe or move out of her sight. She wants to tell Jinah to stop suffocating the girl with her possessiveness, but Jennie doesn't show any discomfort nor makes a move to create space between them.

To say that she's delighted that her daughter has found someone she truly likes is a grand understatement. She knows about Jinah's history of playing around with other people; part of the reason why she knows Jinah is hardly home.

She wishes nothing but the best for these two.

Her daughter isn't the type to express her feelings, but she knows Jennie makes her happy.

The only thing she is worried about is a potential heartbreak.

A couple of knocks on the door startles her. She dries her wet hands with a towel as she advances toward the door. As she unlocks it and opens it, she finds her nephew standing there with a plastic bag in his hand.

"Hi, Auntie," he greets, pursing his lips into a smile.

"Hello, Seonghwa. Did you bring the medicine?"

He holds it up to her face.

"Thank you. How much do I owe you?"

"It's on the house," he replies and gives her the bag. "You sure everything okay?"

"Yes. Don't worry about it."

He peers past her shoulder and looks at the girls on the couch. His eyes immediately go to Jennie who's all patched up like she had gotten out of an intense fight match. Then, he observes his younger cousin who is squeezing Jennie in her arms. He can tell she looks bothered by the hard glare she's giving at the television screen.

"It's a different situation," she whispers to him, knowing what's going through his mind.

His jaw clenches. "Are you sure? If it's him—"

"It's not," she dismisses quickly. "It happened at school."

Gray lets out a long exhale. "Fine."

"Would you like to stay for breakfast, or take some with you?"

"I'll take some. It's a little busy at the station right now. I left one employee in charge, and I'm worried he might fuck up something."

Ms. Son gathers a bit of everything in a couple of plastic containers and gives them to her nephew. "Eat well."

"Thanks." He bows to her and spares one last glance at his younger cousin. She doesn't acknowledge his presence or turn her attention away.

"Kids, breakfast is ready," Ms. Son announces, clapping her hands.

[6:06 pm]

The couple had retreated to Jinah's bedroom to spend some time alone. Right now, they're taking an afternoon nap that had stretched to three hours.

Unfortunately, their serenity is cut short.

Jinah is bolted awake when she hears the sound of glass breaking. It sounded too realistic to be in her dreams. Her breath is heavy and her heart is racing too fast and hard. She touches her forehead and finds it damp.

"Please calm down."

She hears her mother trying not to raise her voice.

Who is she talking to?

Jaehyuk? Gray?

...Jennie?

She peeks over at Jennie who is still sound asleep with her chest rising and falling slowly.

Then, who—

"Where's the brat?!"

Fuck.

"She isn't here, Gunwoo," her mother replies.

Fuckfuckfuckfuck.

Why does he have to show up at the worst time?

Jinah carefully sits up, afraid that the quietest rustle of the bedsheets might attract her father's attention. She listens through the pounding of her heartbeat in her eardrums.

"Are you lyin' to me, bitch?!"

"I'm not! She has tendencies of staying out late at night."

"Doin' what? Whorin' herself out like her slutty mother?!"

"Don't talk like that! She's your daughter."

"That failed abortion is not my daughter."

Jinah is used to his venomous insults, but it still hurts a little bit hearing him talk like that.

"Whether you claim her or not, she's not a failed abortion."

He barks out a drunken laughter. "Since you failed to do your job, I'll kill her myself. Then, I'll go after the boy"

"You won't go anywhere near her. She isn't even here in the first place."

"Yes, she is! I know she is! I know it, I know it!" His screams echo throughout the home.

"She's not!" her mother argues back. "Why do you need her?!"

"She owes me shit!"

"She's never needed anything from you, Gunwoo! None of us do!"

The loud voices cause Jennie to wake up. She wearily opens her eyes and sits up. "Jin—?"

Jinah clasps her hand over Jennie's mouth. As her eyes adjust to the darkness, Jennie is able to make out Jinah putting a finger over her own pierced lips to signal her to be quiet.

His agitated groan vibrates the walls. "Where the fuck is the other one?"

"Same thing. He goes out and sleeps at his friend's house."

"Fuckin' whore. Can't keep an eye on your kids, huh? Too busy fuckin' other men to raise 'em?"

A loud slap resonates in the mobile house along with a yelp.

Jinah screws her eyes shut and tries to keep her composure together. She focuses on breathing through her nose quietly and steadily so it won't freak out Jennie. At least one of them needs to be cool before they make a wrong move and give away their positions.

They are down to luck, praying that the monster won't barge in here.

"I'm scared," Jennie whispers shakily.

"Me too." Jinah wraps her in a comforting embrace and puts her head against her chest so she can hear her thumping heart rather than her parents. She puts her palm over her other ear to block out the rest of the sounds.

Jennie can hear how hard Jinah's heart is beating against her chest. It sounds like it'll break through her skin and leap out any moment now. She fears that Jinah's father might hear it if he listens carefully. She grips the back of her shirt tighter, hugging her like her life depended on it.

"You've always been a terrible mother."

"Gunwoo, please tell me what you need and if possible, I can provide it for you."

"Tell me where your brat is."

"I don't know where she is."

"LIAR!"

Another slap resonates through the walls.

The yelp from her mother makes them flinch.

Jinah shudders at the goosebumps crawling up her arms.

"Let go of my arm, please!"

"Where's the bitch? Tell me now!"

Relentless, her mother keeps telling him the same answer. "I don't know!"

"BULLSHIT!"

Jinah can't hide forever.

She has to get over her fear of her father.

It's a giant leap of courage.

Hesitantly, Jinah loosens the embrace and lets go of the smaller girl. She is about to get off the bed, but Jennie grabs her shirt and forcefully yanks her back down. The raven grunts when her back hits the wall. She cringes when the collision makes a noise slightly louder than they wanted it to be.

"Stop, where are you going?" Jennie asks frantically in a whisper.

"To confront him."

"No!" she protests yet keeps her voice quiet.

"Trust me, stay here." 

"Don't go out there, please."

"I have to—"

"You said you'd protect me from him. He doesn't know we're in here."

"He doesn't know you are in here."

"I'm not gonna let you get killed." The thought of anything happening to the younger girl makes her chin wobble. Her knuckles are practically white with how hard she is gripping her shirt to keep her in place.

Jinah holds her pleading stare.

Heavy stomps creak across the floor, and they get louder and louder as they approach the bedroom Their heads whip toward the tattered door as the ice-cold fear runs through their veins. The abrupt actions might've jeopardized their lives.

Jinah's gaze is fixated on the door handle, waiting for it to twist and turn.

Only then, she realizes that the door isn't locked.

Shit.

"I know she's here," he snarls, his deep voice sending shivers down their spines. "I can hear her."

"No, she's not. Gunwoo, I swear on my life she isn't. It's just me."

"You callin' me a liar?!"

The fact that her father is literally on the other side of the door is terrifying. Seconds feel like hours as they wait for the man to burst through and seal their fate.

Booze and rage seep through the gaps.

Jinah starts thinking of backup plans. She snaps her eyes to her window and sees an inch of it open. If they can move quick enough, they can sneak out of here. If not, at least Jennie.

"I'll give you money if that's what you want. Please, leave," Ms. Son pleads desperately.

"Gimme your paycheck. I know you whored around the streets. Always a whore, huh? Some things never change..."

Jinah rolls her eyes at the irony.

"Show me the money," he slurs after a short moment.

"My wallet is in the living room."

Luckily, his staggered footsteps retreat as they grow quieter. Not long after, the front door is slammed shut.

A wave of relief washes over them. The breath in Jinah's lungs forces out in a painful exhale.

They are gifted another day to live.

"Don't ever put yourself in danger like that ever again," Jennie reprimands, harshly wiping away the unshed tears in her eyes. "If you went out there, he could've found me."

"I could've fought—"

"No, you wouldn't! I've seen how badly he's beaten you up before. You're no match against him" she argues.

Her pride is wounded, but Jennie is right.

Jinah frowns at the memory of when she found refuge in Jennie's bedroom and the goth girl had to tend her wounds. Jinah is just a young, scrawny girl. Even if her mother was by her side, there was no chance of overpowering him. The amount of deep scars and broken bones she's had to endure over the years because of how terrible he's beaten her.

While her body can heal physically, the trauma will never go away.

"You promised to protect me—you even crossed your heart."

At her tone, Jinah lowers her head in guilt. "I'm sorry," she mutters after a sigh.

"I understand the motive, but it was too risky." Jennie tucks a loose strand of black hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, you're right." Jinah rubs her eyes and remembers her mother is still hurting outside. "Go back to sleep or wait here, I'm gonna check on my mum."

"I'll go with you."

"No, stay here," she orders firmly. "He might return."

"But—"

"Trust me, Jennie. If he does come back, he'll only come after my Mum and I; he doesn't know you're here."

"I don't want that to happen..."

"Me either, but it's safer for you to stay in here."

"Can you at least promise me that?"

When her eyes meet gray ones, she notices them narrowed and stern. The raven is still going out there whether she likes it or not, so Jennie admits defeat.

"Okay..." Jennie exhales. "Cross my heart." She draws an 'x' over her chest.

"I'll bring back food and water." Jinah pecks her cheek before she leaves her bedroom. Jennie is left in solitude, doing nothing but praying that the monster doesn't make his return.

[Monday]

The morning sunlight barely shines through the black curtains, illuminating the bedroom in a dark brown hue.

Jinah is nestled beside the soundly sleeping kitten, turned on her side with her head propped on her palm. She threads her fingers through her two-toned hair, careful to not wake up her. Whenever Jinah is the first one to wake up, she always takes the opportunity to watch the blonde brunette sleep. Not in a creepy way, though. She adores the sight of the kitten curled up with half of her face buried in the pillow. Her lips are slightly parted as small breaths puff through. Each time her eyebrows furrow, Jinah massages her thumb along them to ease the tension. Once in a while, her nose twitches like she's grimacing or frowning.

Jinah wonders what she is dreaming about. Hopefully, it does not involve those wretched cheerleaders. She prays it stays that way and she won't have to deal with a crying mess. It's taken a toll on the younger girl, mentally and emotionally. She hasn't been able to sleep properly because she's worried about Jennie's nightmares and the return of her father. She does her best to stay awake for as much as she can to watch over her. She doesn't tell her about this because if she does, it'll only make Jennie feel even more guilty.

Her fingers ghost over the blue-purple mark on her left cheekbone.

It hurts.

Seeing all the bandages and bruises on her face makes her chest burn.

Sweet little kitten.

I'll never forgive myself for letting you out of my sight.

Her phone buzzes on the mattress between them. She quickly picks it up before the excessive vibrations wake up Jennie.

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

i can't hav direct access to her iCloud storage

9:25 am

[Jinah]:

why not?

9:26 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

its highly protected.

9:26 am

[Jinah]:

how else can you delete the video from her data?

9:26 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

if u can confiscate her phone and give it to me, i can do my magic

9:26 am

[Jinah]:

i'm not getting close to her, fuck that

9:27 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

u hav to if u want me to delete it

9:27 am

[Jinah]:

can you get into her socials and see if she has sent it to anybody?

9:27 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

i could, but what else u gotta offer me?

9:27 am

She rolls her eyes.

[Jinah]:

more money?

9:28 am

[Jinah]:

weed?

9:28 am

[Jinah]:

ask jeonghan out for you?

9:28 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

really?? u'd that for me?😃

9:28 am

Anything for Jennie.

[Jinah]:

as long as you show me proof that bitch didn't send that video anywhere, i'll provide all three

9:29 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

deal. i'll get back to u in like 5 min

9:29 am

The raven pulls the thick blanket higher up over Jennie's tiny body. She has a bad habit of always leaving an inch of the window open for various reasons. It's inevitable for the cold air to sneak in and turn the entire room into an ice cube. Even the tip of Jennie's nose has a red hue to it due to the freezing temperature.

Jinah frowns at the incessant buzzing from her phone.

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

good news

9:32 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

ive checed every social media acc she has

9:32 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

checked*

9:32 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

so far she hasn't sent or post anything

9:32 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

posted*

9:32 am

Couldn't he have sent these in one message?

[Jinah]:

are you sure?

9:33 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

yea, i checked her dms and there's none

9:33 am

[Joshua computer nerd (delete later)]:

weird girl stuff tho

9:33 am

Jinah feels somewhat relieved that the cheerleader hasn't leaked anything. Still, she shouldn't take this as a grain of salt. That preppy girl can post it any moment between now and then.

[Jinah]:

good.

9:33 am

Jinah gets out of bed and changes into a new set of clothes. She's not fixated on putting together a coherent outfit. She throws on a gray long-sleeved shirt and low-waisted jeans. By far, the most basic outfit she's ever worn. She wants to wear her favorite jacket, but Jennie has been so insistent on wearing it every day, every night. She has no choice but to let the kitten snuggle in it.

After sliding her rings on her fingers, she sits by the edge and watches Jennie sleep for a couple of more minutes. She kisses the mole under Jennie's eyebrow before leaving her bedroom.

[9:52 am]

The cafeteria doors abruptly swing open. Everyone turns their heads toward the source of the noise and spots the tall girl they haven't seen in a hot minute.

Jinah looks around until her vixen eyes zero in on the table with all the cheerleaders and a few jocks. She spots her number one target sitting on top of the table as she giggles with her friends. She stalks down the expansive cafeteria straight toward the table, her boots tapping along the polished floor. She can hear the low chatters as she walks past tables to her destination. No doubt they're probably talking about her absent girlfriend since they're never seen without each other.

Obviously, Sora perks up at the sight of the lonely raven. No goth girl is clinging to her side or holding her hand. She is satisfied that her threat got through Jennie's head. She is ready to claim Jinah once again.

Sora hops off from the table and meets with the taller girl face to face, stepping into her space. In this proximity, she notices her bare face with no speck of makeup. The dark circles under her eyes stand out against her pale skin.

The rest of the cafeteria watch the scene unfold before them in rapture.

"Finally realized that you two are not meant for each other?" Sora's face morphs into a smug one as she sneers at the punk.

Jinah stares at her in silence with a blank face.

How badly she wants to grab the nearest lunch tray and slam it across her face. Her fingers twitch at the thought.

"Yeah, I thought so." Sora nods, crossing her arms under her bust "You belong to me. I mean, we were always considered a perfect match. Right, guys?" She turns to look at them, and they immediately reply in agreement.

"Totally."

"Way better than the emo freak."

"Couple of the year," one quips. "Put them in the yearbook!"

That comment makes her eye twitch.

"See? Almost everybody agrees!" Sora giggles.

Jinah is strangely quiet.

She's been like this since their phone call.

Her gray eyes never vacay from Sora.

"How about it, babe? Let's give what everyone wants."

Jinah remains a breathing statue, and it's starting to irk Sora for the lack of response.

"You and I both know what will happen if you reject me," Sora smirks like the evil bitch she is. "Be with me or I'll ruin that emo bitch's life forever."

Jinah clenches her hand into a tight fist.

Everything happens in the blink of an eye.

Her ringed fist lands a solid punch square into the cheerleader's face.

CRACK!

The crunch resonates so loudly in the quiet cafeteria. Everybody cringes and gasps at how solid and powerful the impact is against Sora's face. The cheerleader loses her balance and falls on her back while holding the bottom half of her face. Blood leaks profusely from her broken nose like a waterfall as it stains her cheerleader uniform.

But it's not enough.

Throwing all common sense out the window, Jinah gets on top of Sora and starts dismantling her pretty face. Her senses have been blinded by rage in a blurry mess.

"WOAH! Girl fight!"

The jock's hollering breaks the tense silence. Almost everybody pulls out their phones to film the fight as they circle around them. Cheers and whoops fill the cafeteria, enjoying the brutal showdown.

Revenge has never tasted so sweet.

AN: Wheeeee, I finally got to publish this chapter! Sorry, no smut. I wanted to focus on the fluff and angst side. 

Outfits

Jinah: https://pin.it/1XzIuBtOy  [1st half] + https://pin.it/5kNVd8jXP  [2nd half]

Thank you for reading and being patient with me as I upload these chapters! It's been a busy month for me :(

See you next time very soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.5K 8
The only son of Count Dracula dreams of leaving the only home that he has ever known: Hotel Transylvania. Dracula is extremely overprotective of his...
3.1K 145 7
A compilation of short stories between a girl group member/s and you (female reader). Mainly about all BLACKPINK members, Karina and Winter of Aespa...
37.1K 2.4K 20
The two kingdoms in The Great Valley have had a hatred for one another for the past 200 years because of a disagreement between rulers that led to th...
1.6M 95.1K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...