Remake

By Arkhane_Remirez

"Who is that?" "No one knows, he appeared out of thin air right after the emperor was crowned and hasn't left... More

A/N
Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Just to hype you all
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Character index
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
AN
A/N

Chapter 21

6 1 24
By Arkhane_Remirez

"What, You are telling me that the emperor cared about him?" Zihua scoffed.

"I am here, aren't I?" Ruyin asked, staring steady into Zihua's eyes.

...

Ruyin recognized the moment Zihua realized the exact meaning of his words. His mouth dropping open, eyes widening till the whole of pupil was visible.

The shock and surprise turned to denial not a second later, glaring at him accusingly.

"Do not lie,"

Ruyin chuckled, feeling amused.

"I've been called many things in my life, but liar is certainly new," he commented, setting his cup down.

The blend of chamomile and jasmine was one of his favorites, soothing and calming, but the purpose of the cup was only so he wouldn't reach across the table and throttle the bastard. The porcelain was fragile after all, obviously he could not drop it.

"The emperor is named Riyal," Zihua countered, crossing his arms.

Ruyin rolled his eyes. Why do they keep forgetting that Riyal is his family name, why have they forgotten that Wen is his dynasty.

"I know who you are Zihua Mehran, and how your hatred originated. Now, I will be giving you two choices," he said, setting the cup down with a silent clink.

"_leave and forget you ever met Yuray, or forget your blind hatred and find what truly happened,"

Ruyin rose, straightening the fall of his wide sleeves draped along his hands.

"But whatever it is, Zihua, keep in mind that my brother, is the merciful one, you only got a second chance because Yura would mope for a few days if you died and I hate to see him sad,"

Zihua shuddered at the condescending tone, the benevolent smile that crossed the lips. It is then he realized that there is no demon greater than the emperor himself. There is no king and his demon, only demon and his sword.

...

"Where did you go?" Yuray was seated on the windowsill, of Ruyin's sleep chambers, swinging his legs not unlike a three years old.

"Nowhere," Ruyin muttered, ducking behind a curtain to change. It was methodical process, untying the ties and pulling off the layers drapes over him one by one.

"I know that's a lie....." Yuray singsoned, "You even gave slip to my elites, bad Ruyi!".

Leaving himself in the innermost shirt, pants and one under robe, he stepped out, quite ready for a bath and fall onto his bed after such an eventful day.

"Even a king needs some private escapes, Yura," he flicked Yuray on the nose on his way to the bath chamber.

"OH truly?" Yuray jumped off the sill to skip after him, hands held behind his back.

"Yes, truly," Ruyin turned around to lean against the door frame, blocking Yuray from following him in.

"You sound suspicious, what did you do? Did you snuck out to canoodle with Jinsu?" Yuray narrowed his eyes at him, brushing a finger against his chin, the elbow held up by the other hand crossed over his chest.

"Canoo...can.." Ruyin chocked on his words, a furious blush taking over his cheeks.

"Ha!" Yuray smirked, "I knew you didn't have the guts to do that, something else then, hmm....." he hummed, pretending deep in thought.

"You are a hazard to the society, get out of my room, go to sleep, it's past midnight,"

"Ha ha ha, you don't have to chase me away just because you are embarrassed, your majesty," Yuray winked, but actually twirled away before Ruyin could reach out and strangle him.

"I'll find what you are hiding Ruyi...., just you wait,"

Ruyin shook his head, mildly exasperated, smiling lightly to himself.

To protect that playful laughter, he could kill the entire world. He was no hero who would sacrifice anything to save the world, he was but a villain who wants his loved ones safe. It would probably make him a bad king, but always a better ruler. Or a tyrant, Ruyin was not picky.

...

"Your majesty!!!" The drawn-out cries of the minister Hael was grating on his nerves. Ruyin's hand tightened on the arm rest of his throne, nails digging into the golden plating.

"There is no reason to cry so loudly, Minister, just spit it out," he ordered, at the end of bis patience.

Before the poor minister could comply, however, the doors of the court bellowed open, sending the courtiers into mini heart attacks.

Neither Ruyin, nor the ever faithful presence by his side even blinked, having expected this interruption from the start of gathering. He minutely shook his head, seeing the shadow just beside his right shoulder shift from the corner of his eye.

He crossed a leg over the other, getting comfortable for a long stay. He felt, more than saw, Yuray taking the final step closer to lean against the huge backrest of the throne, one hand briefly brushing Ruyin's arm as a confirmation of his support and the other coming to rest on the sword hanging by his side.

"Elders,"

A hush fell over the courtiers before they all fell to their knees, Ruyin catalogue them one by one, those who stared as if they were in the presence of Gods, those who gazed as if their saviours had come. But there were others as well, now, people who looked with utter loathing, disapproval, and even uncertainty.

Emotions that he could manipulate, both hatred and uncertainty could be manipulated after all. It was the reverence that he should be concerned of. Reverence that should be rooted out and set fire upon.

"Welcome, Elders, I hope your... pilgrimage was of success," Ruyin slightly tilted his head, letting a benevolent smile paint his lips.

"What have you done, Your Majesty?" It was the third lady from the right, from the seven elders who stood in a line, Lady Merleza, one of the elders who had ventured on their so called pilgrimage for blessing.

She was, as said, an elder, reaching at least a late sixty or early seventy in age, draped in long robes of pastel blue and white. Her gray hair was pulled back into a severe bun, adding to her default expression of being dissatisfied with the world.

"What have I done Lady Marleza?" He raised a hand to let his chin rest upon it, elbow down on the arm rest, completely unbothered and looking bored.

"Two ministers are dead and their ministries have become blood baths! Are you to tell me that it wasn't your doing? Or are you having trouble controlling that beast?" Lord Finian asked gravely, hands held together infront of his matching robes of pastel blue and white, giving him a disappointed look.

Ruyin's teeth ground together, nails digging grooves into the throne. Yuray's hand tightened on the pommel and Ruyin knew that he was only a gesture away from pouncing on the withered snakes.

'Not yet, not yet, not yet,' Ruyin chanted to himself, letting no emotion leave the mask pulled over his face.

He took a deep breath, leaning back and relaxing. If the gesture brushed his shoulder against Yuray's hip in a silent comfort, it was for none but their own knowledge.

...

Hi hi,

Your Author is back my dearest readers.....

Author was three parts bored and one part busy, please forgive your author, for even the author herself knows not how her mind works.

Back soon,

See ya,

Arkhane.

Ruyin

Yep, I know, long hair, you have no idea how long I spent to find this my readers... have mercy on author, apparently pinterest thinks there's only white haired kings, very nice
(Smile in pain)

Yuray

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 26.2K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
107K 6.4K 11
Reincarnated from a Common Human from Earth to the child of the Demon King, Zenzur, bear the fate of his brethren in his shoulder the moment of his a...
71.7K 5K 50
I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS THE SECOND MALE LEAD. BUT TURNS OUT I WAS EVEN LESS THAN THAT. WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD DIED, I MET THE DEVIL. EXCEPT THAT WE H...
287K 18.1K 81
Belial froze, horrified. It didn't work? That is not possible. His voice had manipulated every human being until now. Is he immune? Or... "What are...