CHASING MY EX-WIFE

By Eaglewoman20

Arabella finds out she is pregnant with a child for her husband, Richard Giodano. She wants to inform him abo... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 5

1.9K 61 4
By Eaglewoman20

Richard's POV

Radiant in a champagne-coloured dinner gown with tiny diamonds nearly arranged around her neck region, she looked different from the woman I know.

The look in her eyes.

The way she spoke earlier.

And the pretentious smile on her face is all enough to make me argue back and forth that this isn't Arabel but someone else.

However, the anger I saw etched deep in her eyes. The way she dragged that cute little girl away while stamping her feet towards the exit was enough proof that it was indeed her.

My ex-wife.

The same woman I have been looking for since she left the night I suggested a divorce.

I never knew she was going to take it the bad way. I thought it was a mutual feeling and agreement for us to depart as soon as Eve was back.

At the thought of Eve, my chest contracts painfully as memories of her betrayal reel back in. I shut my eyes and shake it.

My life hasn't remained the same. The very moment these two women left; Eve and Arabel.

“Our meeting was supposed to be scheduled for tomorrow but she decided to Grace the occasion…” I raise a hand to cut Ashley short from her explanation. “Set up a meeting now.”

My gaze does not leave hers even though she is trying so hard to avoid mine. The joyless smile is still tucked on her beautiful face.

She is more beautiful than I can remember. The woman I got married to seven years ago barely makes up. But here she is all dressed gorgeously with red lipstick, making her lips inviting.

Her skin is creamy and flawless like porcelain. Her auburn hair is silky and her eyes are shining brightly.

Unconsciously, my eyes settle on the little girl holding her hand. 

She bumped into me a while ago. Instead of apologizing, she demanded that I do that instead. I told her she bumped into me but she insisted that I was the one who bumped into her.

After I apologized to her, mesmerized by her show of confidence, I asked her for her name. She told me and added that her mother was a great woman which was why she was named Daisy. She wouldn't stop talking about her mom.

Suddenly, it hits me.

Daisy?

Is Arabel the mother she was talking to me about a while ago?

Did she remarry?

I look up and Arabel is watching me with pure hatred.

Ashley leaves my side and goes close to her to inform her about the unplanned meeting which I am hoping she would agree to.

I have a lot to ask her. We have a lot to talk about. But something tells me she won't concur. Obviously, she is still mad at me for what happened four years ago.

Surprisingly, I see her nodding her head eagerly and Ashley leads the way. Dumbfounded, I follow.

I'm sure I am not nervous but I can feel the twinge of anticipation darting down my spine.

Arabel is in New York.

Does Mother know? How long has she been around?

I gave up looking for her a year ago when I had my men search the whole of New York all to no avail. 

What baffles me is the young girl whose fingers are entwined with hers. She keeps looking back and smiling sweetly at me. Her smile is contagious because I find myself smiling back.

Is she her daughter? Is she married? Is her new husband wealthy? Where does she reside? When did she become the CEO of Eagle Homes?

The arrival at the office door jerks back to life. Ashley leads her in with a smile and I follow them in. When she drags a seat to slouch in after putting her child on the seat next to her, I walk over to my swivel chair. 

Our eyes meet and suddenly, I become speechless.

The anger from earlier, the hatred and the distaste are all gone, replaced with a sweet joyful smile. 

“Hi, I am Bella Portillo. It's so nice to finally meet you”, she stretches her hand for a handshake with the smile still tucked on her face, making me more confused.

Bella Portillo?

The woman I was married to isn't Bella Portillo but Arabella Cooper. When did she change her name? Did she remarry? 

At the thought of her re-marriage, jealousy flares up in me. 

“Is everything ok?” Her concerned voice breaks into my thoughts. I blink and stare at her beautiful face, trying to find a clue on whether this is her or not.

Am I imagining things? Is this not Arabel? 

If she isn't, then why did I see anger in her eyes earlier? Why did she drag her daughter away from me like I was some sort of threat?

If she is indeed Arabel, then why is she pretending? Is this to keep me off track and to punish me for my sins from four years ago?

“Hey, stop that. Do not touch anything, ok?” she scolds her daughter, making me dart my eyes to the sweet girl.

“Hey, how old are you darling?” I question and she sits upright excitedly, stretching out three fingers.

“I am four years old”, she replies politely, flashing me another one of her cute smiles. I notice her mother shutting her eyes and biting her lips but I look away before she can see me watching her every move.

With a nod, I say. “You sound big and mature f
or your age. Daisy is the name, right?”
“Yes!” She answers sharply, as though she was expecting that question. “And this is my mother, the one I was talking to you about. She is wonderful. She is my superhero. I love her!”

Her voice is really high-pitched. Every single word that comes out of her is with excitement.

“Don't talk unless you are being asked a question!” The woman scolds again, this time with a frown etched on her forehead.

Daisy pouts but as soon as she turns to me, she starts to laugh. “My mother is…”

“Hey!”

“Let her be.” I chip in and she spares me a glance. That sort of mind-your-business look but I wasn't done questioning the girl. I need to know if she is my ex-wife or not and I need to know if she has remarried or not.

When silence falls, I smile at her before asking again. “So where is Daddy Daisy?”

“Daddy?”

“Aren't we here for a meeting? Why does this seem like a personal interrogation?” She snaps angrily before changing her tone.

Then it occurs to me that she is pretending. One minute she seems mad and the next minute she is calm. She is trying to contain her anger towards me but I truly wish she would vent it out instead.

I don't want her to pretend to be someone else.

“Perhaps, we should leave the meeting till tomorrow. I'm sorry for sounding a bit harsh, it's just that I still can't get over the fact that Daisy went missing a while ago.”

That pricks my interest. “What? When?”

“When I saw her with you. Ashley and I were talking at the intersection and I couldn't find her. We've gone around searching for her before I finally saw her with you. I'm sorry for my reaction. Besides, I didn't know you were the CEO.”

Is this an explanation for how she reacted to me earlier? 

“I'm sorry. She bumped into me and we got talking. She's really a good girl. She was singing praises of you earlier and to be honest, I was intrigued and curious to know who this “mommy” of hers was”, I let out a laugh, trying to see how things would go if I let her pretend while I did the same.

She nods with a little smile.

“Daisy, don't worry. You can talk to me about anything. Don't mind your mommy. Henceforth, I am your friend and you are mine, ok?”

“Yes!” She yells, throwing her hands up in the air in excitement.

I laugh.

When silence falls again, this time the air is thick with tension. Suddenly, she pushes her chair backwards and rises to her feet, picking Daisy up in her arms. “We should go. I have an appointment in thirty minutes.”

I nod in understanding. This woman is no longer the woman I used to know. A lot has changed about her. She is now a CEO and being in meetings and attending to things that have to do with her company will definitely be a top priority aside from her child.

However, I wish she can stay. I hope I can learn more about her. I wish I can find out now if she is married or still single.

If she isn't married, then how did she have Daisy?

My head races back to the night we had an intimate moment. The one night we spent together, doing what we should have done as couples a long time ago. The night we actually consummated our marriage after three years of being married.

Can it be this little girl is mine?

I shake and slap my head mentally for thinking of the impossible. If she was pregnant before she left, I would have known. She would have informed me and I am sure she wouldn't have left with my child growing inside of her without my knowledge.

Arabel is a good woman. Dedicated and dutiful.

Daisy waves her little finger at me and I do the same and watch them walk to the door. As soon as she touches the doorknob to go out, I find myself asking out of pure curiosity. 

“Are you married, Bella Portillo?”

****

I'm so sorry for not updating yesterday. Honestly,  I thought today was Wednesday and yesterday was Tuesday😂

Pardon me. I promise this won't affect tomorrow's update.

Enjoy🤩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 153K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
800K 72.4K 37
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
513K 11K 27
He despises her presence She cherish his presence He hates her She loves him His heart belongs to someone Her heart belongs to him Jeremy has no ey...
384K 9K 50
Hey. This is a sorta warning ⚠️ . I wrote this story for when I was was about 12 or 13 and frankly, I wouldn't read it myself. Read only if you're br...