Lay Me Down

By Thischickisbomb

Lizzie had been forced to sleep with men for as long as she can remember to support her mom and stepdad's rag... More

Lay Me Down Chapter 1
Lay Me Down Chapter 2
Lay Me Down Chapter 3
Lay Me Down Chapter 4
Lay Me Down Chapter 5
Lay Me Down Chapter 6
Lay Me Down Chapter 7
Lay Me Down Chapter 8
Lay Me Down Chapter 9
Lay Me Down Chapter 10
Lay Me Down Chapter 11
Lay Me Down Chapter 12
Lay Me Down Chapter 13
Lay Me Down Chapter 14
Lay Me Down Chapter 15
Lay Me Down Chapter 16
Lay Me Down Chapter 17
Lay Me Down Chapter 18
Lay Me Down Chapter 19
Lay Me Down Chapter 20
Lay Me Down Chapter 21
Lay Me Down Chapter 22
Lay Me Down Chapter 23
Lay Me Down Chapter 24
Lay Me Down Chapter 25
Lay me Down Chapter 26
Lay Me Down Chapter 27
Lay Me Down Chapter 28
Lay Me Down Chapter 29
Lay Me Down Chapter 30
Lay Me Down Chapter 31
Lay Me Down Chapter 32
Lay Me Down Chapter 33
Lay Me Down Chapter 34
Lay Me Down Chapter 35
Lay Me Down Chapter 36
Lay Me Down Chapter 37
Lay Me Down Chapter 38
Lay Me Down Chapter 39
Lay Me Down Chapter 40
Lay Me Down Chapter 41
Lay Me Down Chapter 42
Lay Me Down Chapter 43
Lay Me Down Chapter 44
Lay Me Down Chapter 45
Lay Me Down Chapter 46
Lay Me Down Chapter 47
Lay Me Down Chapter 49
Lay Me Down Chapter 50
Lay Me Down Chapter 51
Lay Me Down Chapter 52
Lay Me Down Chapter 53
Lay Me Down Chapter 54
Lay Me Down Chapter 55 (COMPLETED)
One Shot!!!!!
Lay Me Down One Shot Winner

Lay Me Down Chapter 48

212K 1.8K 599
By Thischickisbomb

Haha i know that I told many of yall that I wasn't going to upload tonight, but some things changed. So here you go!:D Don't be mad though if it takes the next chappie longer to get out. So be sure to......

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.

OH AND RECCOMMEND THIS STORY TO YOU FRIENDS.

:d OOOH THAT RHYMED ANYWAYS.......

ENJOY

ALSO I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.

WHO THINKS CARTER DESERVES TO BE WITH LIZZIE AND WHO THINKS HE DOESN'T.

EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWERS PLEASE. IM REALLY CURIOUS:d

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I stared at the newspaper searching for jobs in the help wanted AD.  It was definitely time for me to get on my own two feet.  I definitely didn’t plan on living with Carter for the rest of my life. I circled the AD that was looking for someone to file papers at a law firm. I would call and try to set up an interview. I scanned over the paper and my eyes settled on a part time job as a librarian. That sounded easy, that meant that there would be silence. I circled it.

“How’s it coming along?” Carter asked as I looked over the newspaper.

“Great so far” I told him.” Are yall about to leave?” I asked. He nodded. He and Sasha were going over to Carmen’s house to have a family discussion. I think that Carmen wanted Sasha to come back and stay with her, but I didn’t know. I told Carter that I would stay here though. “Alright I’ll see you guys later”

“Bye Lizzie” Sasha said as she was preparing to leave.

“Bye I’ll see you later” I called out before she exited out the door. I sighed and brought my eyes back down to the newspaper.

I hadn’t seen or spoken to Carmen since she came here wanting to talk to Sasha. I don’t think that Sasha blamed her mom but I was pretty sure that Carter kind of did.

Sasha was doing so much better, way better than I had expected. She had gone back to school and she was hanging out with her friends. I was glad that she wasn’t going to let this hold her back. She needed to live her life.  She didn’t need to be ruined by some stupid disrespectful guy.

I folded the newspaper back to how it was when I found it and I slid it beneath the coffee table.

I got up and decided on watching some TV and I was halfway through The Notebook when I heard the door open.

“Lizzie tell Carter that I’ll be okay staying with mom as long as that guy is gone.” Sasha demanded immediately upon entrance.

“What?” I questioned a little dumbfounded.

“She thinks that it’s alright for her to go stay back with her mom” Carter said filling me in.

“Do you want to go back and stay?” I asked Sasha. She nodded. “ Are you sure?”

“Yes!” She answered.

“Why?” I asked her.  I thought that she liked staying here with Carter. “Nobody is making you do this right?”

“No Lizzie, it’s my choice. I need things to go back to normal. I don’t want to be scared to go to my own home. It wasn’t mom’s fault that it happen! As long as she is not dating I’m good and I want to go home.” Sasha stated.

“No absolutely not!” Carter said.

“Carter!” Sasha yelled. “Lizzie?”

“Sasha I’m sorry but I think you should stay. That’s just my opinion.” I told her.

“Why? Lizzie I know you want your room back and I’m taking up to much space.” She said.

“I’m fine Sasha , don’t worry about me” I told her.

“Carter please, just let me stay for a week and if I don’t like it or feel comfortable I’ll come back” Sasha stated. Carter rolled his eyes and inhaled a deep breath. He was definitely about to give in.

“Whatever Sasha,” He said exhaling the breath “ But you call me every day and  let me know what’s going on and I will call you everyday which means we are talking twice a day okay?”

“Carter isn’t that a little too much?” She asked.

“Of course not,” He replied. “ hose are the conditions if you want to go.” He told her.

“Fine whatever,” She told him. “When are you taking me?”

“When do you want to go?” He asked.

“Tonight,” She said.

“Uh no tomorrow”

“Why didn’t you just tell me tomorrow then?”

“Because I thought you would delay.” He stated. She rolled her eyes.

“Thanks Carter! For everything! I’m so lucky to have you as my brother.” She said hugging him. He hugged her back.

“You know I’m always here for you.” He told her as he kissed her head.

“I’m gone a start packing” She said as she tore away from him and went into the room.

Carter rolled his eyes and came and sat next to me on the couch. He rested his head on my shoulder and look up at me. “I so hope that I don’t regret this decision?” He said.

“Everything will be fine Carter” I told him even though I was kind of worried about her going back. I didn’t even get why she wanted to go back.

“Do you know what this means for me and you?” He questioned with a wink.

“Absolutely nothing” I replied. He laughed.

“What would I do without you Lizzie?”

“I have no clue Carter!” I said as I watched the television.

“Are you mad at me?” He asked out of the blue.

“Ummm no! Why would I be?” I asked him.

“I don’t know” He replied. “I’m just getting this vibe.” He said glaring into my eyes.

“Well it’s a bad vibe” I told him as I felt myself become anxious.

“Maybe it is.” He responded. I closed my eyes trying to push everything away. Not right now  I told myself. I had been doing so good. I opened my eyes and the room felt like it was spinning and Carter was looking at me with a worried expression.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Yea I’m just going to go for a jog.” I told him.

“I’ll come with you “ He said standing up from the couch.

“No Carter, I’m fine! It’s okay!.”

“Lizzie I’m coming with you” He told me. I slid on some running shoes and pulled my hair into a pony as my throat became dry and my body hungered for drugs. When were these things ever going to end?

“Sasha me and Lizzie are going jogging, We’ll be back in a few” He yelled. She yelled back an ‘okay’.

Carter grabbed my hand and we walked out of the apartment. As soon as we hit the street we began running. I pushed my legs with so much force as I sprinted faster. I had to get rid of the withdrawal. We ran down the street and over the bridge. Through the park and pass the store.   Up the stairs and down the sidewalk. I was surprised that I hadn’t falling out yet and gotten a heart attack and I was even more surprised that Carter stayed by my side the hold time. My legs….they just wouldn’t stop. They compelled me to go forward.

We rounded a corner and I eventually came to a stop and bent over catching my breath while resting my hands on my knees.  Carter did the same next to me.

“Are you okay?” He gasped while still trying to catch his breath.

“Yea!” I got out.

“Positive?” He asked. I nodded while swallowing hard. He stood up straight after he composed himself, but I was still trying to catch my breath. I ended up sitting on the ground while gasping for air.

“Hey slow deep breaths.” Carter said as he kneeled next to me.  I did what he said and my head began to clear and I could feel my heart rate decreasing. I rested my head against his chest. I was so tired.

“You overdid it.” He told me. I felt the hot tears stream down my face. I hated having to go through this and it was just taking too long for it to pass. I just got so overwhelmed in frustrated. I was trying my best. I hadn’t even drunk anything in months and I was still having the withdrawals. “Calm down Lizzie! Don’t cry. I promise it will all be over with soon” He told me. How could he read me so easily? How did he even know that that’s why I was crying> I hated the fact that he knew me so damn well

“I’m just tired” I muttered in slow tone. He sighed and wrapped his arms around my body. He slowly lifted me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck while burying my head deep within his chest. His shirt was soaked with sweat but at the moment I didn’t care. I just wanted everything to be over.  I wanted things to go back to how they used to be in high school. Before I had loss my scholarship when me and Carter where so happy together. I sighed and buried my face deeper into his chest and  before I knew it I was asleep and everything was back to normal.

I woke up the next morning, or I should rather say evening and my body was killing me. I was in Carter’s bed and my legs ached, my feet throbbed and my head pounded. I slowly got out of bed and decided on taking a hot shower to soothe my aching muscles.

The shower did not work. It did nothing to help me. I got dressed and made my way into the living room where Carter was sprawled out on the couch watching some show on TV.

“Finally you are awake.” He said. “How are you feeling?” He asked.

“Horrible!” I said as I sat down and joined him on the couch. He draped an arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. “Where’s Sasha?” I asked him.

“I already took her over to my mom’s and I used up my one call for the day now I’m waiting on her to call.” He said. I chuckled.

“How long ago did you take her?”

“A while. You’ve been sleep for a long time. It’s four o’ clock in the evening. She wanted to wake you to say bye, but I told her that you were pretty tired and that I would relay the message,” He said.

“Oh okay.” I said as I rested my head against his chest and closed my eyes. I was pretty sure that I was about to fall back asleep.  I nodded off and my body began to slump.  The door opening made me jerk my head up. Carter quickly took his arm from around me. I turned around and realized why.

“Hey baby what are you doing here?” He asked as he went up to her and gave her a kiss and a hug.

“I thought I would surprise you and come see you” Ariel said as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I missed you.” She said as she kissed his lips once again. I rolled my eyes. I turned back around and stared at the TV. I had no idea what Carter had been watching but I pretended to be paying attention.

“How long are you staying?” I heard Carter ask her.

“Two days…if that is alright with you?” She said.

“You know it is” He replied. “How are you and the baby?” He asked.

“Good so far. I have an appointment scheduled in three weeks. They were just booked up until then.” She stated.   I got up and was about to go to sleep in the room. “Oh hey Lizzie.” She said.

“Hey Ariel , how are you?” She was so fake, but I could pretend to be fake right along with her though.

“Good thanks” She turned back to Carter who was facing me. “So I was watching this really good movie the other day and it was about this drug addict who slept with a bunch of guys for drugs, but she met some guy who she fell in love with and ended up giving him an STD.” I saw Carter’s entire body tense. He looked at me for an instance, but them he recomposed himself and went on as if it never happened.

That bitch! She was trying to scare Carter to keep him from doing anything with me.  I mean who just all of a sudden brings something like that up? If only she knew how late she was. I didn’t have an STD. I used condoms….most of the time. There was no way I could have gotten one. It wasn’t like I was having sex with junkies, but I was using drugs with them.

The realization dawned on me and it hit me hard. There could be a possibility that I had an STD and if I did I had been stupid and given it to Carter. I made my way to the room and closed the door behind me. All of Sasha’s things were gone. How could I have been so dumb and naïve? I f I had given Carter anything he would hate me and I knew that. I was so scared. What if I did have an STD? What if it was a serious one? I wiped the tears away from my eyes to try to keep myself from crying, but it was useless. The tears poured down my cheeks and I pulled my knees up to my chest as I quietly cried. If I had a serious STD I could die soon. I could lose my life. I could lose everything.

I walked into the kitchen where Carter was standing over the stove. He hadn’t seen me yet and I don’t think that he had even heard me approaching. I was so scared to let him aware of my presence though. I didn’t want him to be mad at me. I slowly made my closer to him until I was right beside him. He looked at me.

“Hey” He said. I noticed that he wasn’t preparing any food. He was just standing there.

“Carter I’m so sorry” I whispered, but you could still hear the panic in my voice. “I didn’t even think about the fact that I could have something like that.” I said in a low voice because Ariel was in the next room.

“Shhh it’s okay. Don’t worry about it! We’ll talk about it later.” He said.

“I didn’t… I’m sorry” I said ignoring what he said. I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes.

“Lizzie its okay” He whispered to me. “We’ll get past it. We always do” He said as he intertwined his hands with mine. “Okay?” I nodded my head. He pulled his hands away from mine and grabbed my face. “Don’t worry” He said sternly.

“Okay” I said. He dropped my hands and I turned to leave. All I really wanted to do was sulk around in my room all day.

 I watched as Carter left the room carrying Ariel’s bag. Ariel walked out behind him. I inhaled a deep breath and sat on the couch. I was really nervous about the conversation that I knew me and Carter were about to have. I still felt bad for not being smarter and realizing that I could have something. I buried my face in my hands.

I heard the door close behind me and then I abruptly looked up. Carter came and sat next to me on the couch.

“We need to get tested” he said. It was obvious that it had been on his mind the whole time that Ariel was here. “I scheduled us an appointment for tomorrow morning.” He told me.

“I’m so sorry Carter.” I told him.

“Lizzie it will be fine. Don’t worry. I’m sure we are both perfectly healthy. It’s just a precaution.” He said.

“I was so stupid.” I muttered to myself. He sighed and pulled me against him. I rested my head against his chest and his arms surrounded me. I didn’t get it. He should be repulsed to be around me knowing that there was a possibility that I could have given him a life threatening disease. He should want me to leave. He should want nothing to do with me, but here he was with his arms wrapped around me. I would never understand the relationship we had. It was so complicated. The only thing that I knew for sure was that I wish I could stay right here forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 86.1K 59
#1 in TEEN 9/10/2018 #1 in LOVE 15/06/2020 #15 in ROMANCE 4/06/2021 #14 in ACTION 6/10/2018 "That's Frank by the way, he's going to look after you wh...
130K 3.5K 50
"She's a woman that my heart goes to naturally, without even me knowing it" - Gareth James Wilson © sugarfairy1976 Best ranking! #1 briarbeauty #1 ga...
1.8M 29.6K 49
Autumn Reynolds was told by an extremely handsome cop that her entire family was in a car accident and were in critical condition. Soon after, they...
223K 4.1K 53
I'm 16 years old I'm from Texas my name is Amber Lynn Myers, I'm your average girl everything was going perfectly fine till I meet the bad boy, his n...