The Missing Piece

By LoyalSong

Kelly Sandler a businesswoman meets Asher a heart doctor. Kelly is a single mother raising a teen daughter an... More

Introduction One: When We First Met
Characters Part 1
1: Where It Began
2: What's Happening?
3: The Hospital
4: Unconscious
Character Part 2
5: School Bus
6: New Student
7: Do your Job!
8: She's Awake
Character Part 3
9: Things Are Changing
11: Why?
12: Going Back Home
13: Recording Studio
14: Oh, Darling
15: Can you play baseball with me?
16: Trip to the toy store
17: A Runaway
18: I Love You
19: New Home
20: Leon
21: A Date
22: Coloring Book

10: Just A Crush

5 0 0
By LoyalSong

SEPTEMBER, THURSDAY 17/2015

Willow

Stepping off the school bus I made my way to the school building. Looking to the right I see Peter's other group of friends sitting on the grass but no Peter. Walking past them Heather gives me a nasty look and beside her is Raven who gives me an apologetic one.

I looked away and rushed inside the school, I'm not upset just confused my mom taught me at a young age that not everyone is going to like you and I've been bullied before a long time ago. But I didn't do anything to Heather, at least nothing I know of? I let out a sad sigh.

My eyes diverted upward, and I stopped in my tracks.

Kai and Hope are standing by the lockers talking, that's not the shocking part. I see him giving her the biggest smile I've ever seen on him. Hope is happily smiling and chatting away oblivious to the fact that my heart is silently breaking at this moment.

Tears formed in my eyes, and I let out a shaky breath. I can't be here right now I hurried to the closest bathroom. Don't think these are tears of jealousy, no these aren't tears of a jealous person these are tears of a very sensitive fifteen-year-old who doesn't know what's going on. 1. She threw up in front of everyone in the lunchroom. 2. Then her mother needed a heart transplant. 3. Peter is acting brand new. 4. Now her long-term crush Kai is smiling at one of their good friends Hope like she's... the one?

I rested my hands on the counter as I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes are red from how hard I was crying, and my cheeks are stained. And also, Heather I have even spoke to Heather there's no reason for that girl to give me such a hateful stare. Her parents are rich is what I've heard, not saying that being rich makes you happy because that's so not true.

There are people out there with a lot of money and still aren't happy with their life. True happiness comes from the one that created you. Jesus Christ is the only one who can give you true freedom and happiness.

*School Bell Rings*

I jumped at the sound of the bell and quickly wiped my eyes and splashed water on my face. Two girls walked in the bathroom laughing, I grabbed my bag and rushed past them to my class. The hall is still a little crowded but not as crowded as earlier and Kai and Hope are nowhere to be found so I guess they went to class too.

Entering my math class I nodded to the teacher and sat next to Hope. Yes, Hope and I have math together and math is my worst subject. So, I saw both my crush/guy friend and female friend having a good old chat about who knows what while I watched from the distance.

And now I have to spend the forty minutes or so trying to figure out problems I don't understand. Hope smiled at me and, but it didn't reach her eyes. 

Am I being dramatic? Maybe, but what do you expect from a fifteen-year-old who thought she was in love with her childhood friend.

"Morning everyone, are you all ready?" The teacher asked everyone. 

"YES." They replied except for me I'm internally screaming. I sighed all I want is to get this all over with and see my mother, later, after school.

The Lunchroom

Lunch is my favorite time of the day because I get to spend time chatting with my friends, but I'm not in the mood for that today. My eyes are diverted downward at my food, I decided to get a salad with pieces of chicken inside. I'm assuming everyone can feel the tension in the air, by how awkward it is which is unusual for this group.

Kai cleared his throat getting our attention, "Um, there's something I think you all should know." He almost sounded nervous by his tone, which is uncommon for him.

Butterflies started to stir in my stomach as he spoke.

"What is it, Kai?" Joy asked. My eyes moved from him to Hope who was sitting next to him, I squinted my eyes at her observing her movements. 

Hope met my eyes and she smoothly looked away without giving anything away. Whatever Kai is going to say I feel it has something to do with Hope.

'Prepare yourself, Willow.' I told myself and sighed.

"Hope and I like each other." Kai said glancing at Hope who gave him a comforting smiled. James spit out his milk, "Eww! James!" Joy yelled in disgust. "Sorry." He apologized and turned his attention to his best friend. 

"Hold up, how did I not get the memo?" James looks genuine shocked. "Hope, we tell each other everything why didn't you tell me that you were interested in Kai?" Hope shrugged and looked down shyly, "We all know about Willow and her crush I-" She was cut off by me abruptly standing up.

They all looked at me with sympathy in their eyes. Do they all think I'm being dramatic or am I being dramatic and am embarrassing myself even farther, anyway it was just a crush? 

"You could of told me" I said he knew I liked him, it wasn't a secret. Tears falling down my face. Oh! Why do I have to be so sensitive and act like a baby! 

Kai stared at me, his eyes were full of sadness and my heart felt like it was breaking all over again.

"Willow." Peter tried to get me to look at him, but I didn't my eyes stayed on Kai and Hope. 

"Willow?" Jisoo asked in a worried tone.

I looked around the cafeteria noticing how quiet it was and to put salt on the wound the whole lunchroom was staring at me, it felt like Monday again when I threw up. I wanted to laugh not from happiness but from how this year is working out for me.

My face turned bright red and grabbed my things and ran to the bathroom.

Jisoo

We watched Willow run off to the bathroom, after she was out of sight everyone in the lunchroom started talking again and loudly may I add.

I stand up, "I'm going check on her." I said and left the table before anyone could say anything. Walking into the bathroom there is five stalls, and they are all open other than one, 'bingo.'  I tiptoed to not scare her. 

Opening the stall, I see her sitting up against the wall with her knees close to her. She's in one of those stalls that are for the handicap. "You forgot to lock the door." I spoke.

Willow jumped so much for me not scaring her, once she realized it was me, she relaxed. She pulled her knees closer to her chest and stared off in the distance. 

I crouched in front her and smiled.

"How're you feeling?"

Willow had this look in her eyes that I haven't seen in a long time and it kind of scared me.

She shrugged, "Just a crush."

"What?" I asked, I'm a little flabbergasted I knew Willow for a long time, and I knew for a fact that she thought Kai was the one, but things don't always work out the way you want them to.

Sighing she shakes her head, "I don't know. I thought he was the one, you know." I sat on the dirty floor of the girl's restroom and listened to my best friend talk. 

"He actions, attitude, everything. When we were kids, I used to love to read stories and watch movies about princesses and them ending up with a prince. I mean, I still like those stories of course but when Kai entered the picture, I instantly felt something." She furrowed her eyebrows, "I thought he felt the same."

The two of us sat in silence until I broke it, "He did."

She turned her head to look at me, her eyes were a little red and her nose, "What changed?"

I thought carefully of what to say next and I prayed to God.

'Father, what do I say to my sad friend at this time?'  

Sighing, I turned at her, "Willow, I don't want to upset you even more. We are in the second year of our high school career. You are fifteen, you shouldn't be crying over a boy. A boy that hurt your feelings whether it was attentional or not and we all know it wasn't. Just because he lost feeling for you doesn't mean he doesn't love you, you're still friends. In my opinion being friends is way better because if it don't work out you can easily walk away. I grinned and continued.

"And you have a lot of time to find your mister right, even if you stay single up until you're in your thirties. Kai isn't the one for you but someone else out there is, all in God's timing, be patient." Standing up I hold my hand out to help her up and she accepted.

"You're right." She smiled and nodded, "God's timing is the best timing." We giggled and went to leave the bathroom. "He was just a crush, anyways and I think him and Hope a will be perfect together." She says and I actually agree.

"They are."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

What do you think about Kai, Hope, and Willow?

God bless you :)

NIV

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748K 68.2K 36
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
17K 233 10
Mikasa, Armin and Eren are all good friends and one day they decided to get hight together. Mikasa and Eren shared just a kiss. But was it just a kis...
27.5K 455 12
Momo got framed due to Shoto and Katsuki jealousy
32.3M 33.1K 2
(STERLING SERIES # 1) - Daphne Dennings thought she could finally tick off "Have sex with a random stranger" on her bucket list. She realized the n...