Iniyavale

By Mrinalini_MS

If he was the sky, then she is the moon ! If he was the forest, then she is the flower ! If he was fire, then... More

Prelude
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 24

265 59 79
By Mrinalini_MS

Long chapter ahead

Ashwin went back to Rakshan's room and settled on the bed beside a deeply sleeping Sivaangi. Raji ma left after kissing their foreheads, as her husband had called then. Ashwin slowly lifted Sivaangi's head and placed it on his lap, covering her with a blanket, and stared at her as if she were his world.

Well, she is.

Ever since his dad came, he felt so guilty for keeping him in the dark and wholeheartedly accepted the fact that he was wrong for ghosting his father unnecessarily. And now, he's continuing it even after his dad conveyed that he was and never will be angry at him.

'Why am I so complicated?' he asked himself, looking down at his human and smiling.

Ashwin: Despite me being this complex, how are you managing me, paapa?? Thani talent thaan unakku.

He chuckled and held her shoulders but soon gasped, hearing her.

Sivaangi: Adhu epdi nu naa sollata, chellakutty?

Ashwin was surprised and amused to see a talking Sivaangi, but her face seemed like a sleepy one. He realised that he spoke out loud and noted a tiny smile hanging on the corner of her lips.

Ashwin: Hey, Peaches, endhiri.

Sivaangi continued her act, but actually she was failing, and he could see her eyeballs moving. Her lips couldn't fight back the smile that was ready to make a show.

Ashwin laughed mentally at her atrocity and rubbed his palms, getting ready for action.

Ashwin: Acting ah pandra, naa enna pandren nu paaru.

He murmured, that was inaudible to her. Sivaangi was anxious and excited, as she couldn't hear him and also couldn't feel any movement from him.

She knew that her Ashwin was up to something, and true to her words, Ashwin started tickling her slowly, breaking her act.

Ashwin: I thought someone was sleeping.

He smirked and continued tickling her. Sivaangi laughed hard, clutching his hand and stopping him.

Sivaangi: Paa.... Ashwin.... Ashwineyyy....

Ashwin: Ashwineyyy....

He imitated her back and once again tried to tickle her, but Sivaangi quickly jumped down from the bed, laughing.

Ashwin: Edhukku indha acting??

Sivaangi: Chumma thaan...

Ashwin: Seri chellakutty yaaru?

Sivaangi: Adhu yaaru?

She tapped on her chin, reverting the question back to him.

Ashwin: Appo nee enna kupdala?

Sivaangi: Nope.

Ashwin: Fine, I have a lot of girl best friends to call me with endearing names. I'll ask them.

Sivaangi: Dare you, Mr. Ashwin Kumar....

Her dangerous tone shocked him but her petite figure elicited a laugh from him as well.

Ashwin: Appo nee thaan enna apdi kupta nu sollu.

Sivaangi: Maaten

Ashwin: Seri, okay...

He twisted his lips and turned the other side. Sivaangi had a good time laughing, and she went to wash her face. Ashwin went to the kitchen to get them beverages and placed it on the study table.

The aroma of roasted cocoa beans brightened Sivaangi's mood, as she came out, wiping her face with Ashwin's towel.

Ashwin: Hey, how did you get that?!

Sivaangi: Naa thaan poi unga room la irundhu eduthutu vandhen. Any issues?

Ashwin: Illaiye....

He sulked and continued turning his face away. She took her eyeliner to place a bindhi and quickly sat next to him, holding his bicep.

Sivaangi: Seri, kochikadha chellakutty.

Ashwin: Naa ellam illai, po po.

Sivaangi: Naa unga kooda vilayada koodadha Ashwin?

He slowly turned to face her, who had a broad smile on her face, waiting for him to answer. Her freshly washed face, with zero makeup, felt worthy of being watched for the rest of his life, and he was born ready to do that.

Every time Ashwin had a deep eye contact with her, his mind replayed all the days since they met and how they became an inseparable part of each other's lives, such that his world had only her, while he was her only world.

Everything felt different, unexplainable, unreasonable, and dumbfounding, but it was right for them.

From her being a needy child, going behind him for every single thing, now he has become the same, reaching out to her whenever he felt the extreme of emotions. He felt it was the best and right to express his unfiltered version only to her, but wasn't sure enough as to how and why his heart craved only for her.

Maybe, the cupid has to try his luck harder to knock sense into these "brainy best friends."

Sivaangi waved her hand in front of him, but the lighthouse was too busy, scanning his favourite human with his killer eyes. Every time he looked at her deeply, she felt weirdly comfortable and anxious, both at the same time.

Anxious, as she's unable to handle the intensity that his eyes ooze, and comfortable as the very same eyes carried a warmth of affection, tying her to him by an invisible thread of probably 'love.'

She waved her hand once again and received no response. Since their meeting, she was used to him getting lost and snapping back lately, so she decided to play along.

She leaned forward and cupped her face, waiting for him to come back to the world.

Sivaangi: Appadi ennatha yosippinga neenga?

She murmured, and as if the world itself couldn't tolerate his insane behaviour, sent a beautiful mosquito to help out the angel in breaking her best friend's trance.

Or, in our terms, an agent sent by the cupid.

***********
Agent mosquito reporting, sir.

Cupid: Thank you so much for volunteering. He's the guy.

The cupid pointed at Ashwin, and the mosquito was gobsmacked to see the handsome hunk.

Mosquito: Wow, what a beauty!

Cupid: Don't say this in front of that little woman. You'll never see the world again.

The mosquito gulped and saluted the cupid with the utmost dedication.

Cupid: Look, that guy takes God knows how long to respond whenever he's gazing at her. Bite him hard.

Mosquito: Achoo, enakku vekkama irukke. Naa avarukku love bite thara porena?

The mosquito buzzed and flew in the direction of Ashwin to complete her task. The cupid sighed and slapped his forehead with the wand.

Cupid: Suthi kirukku pasangala vechitu irukkene....

Atha soldrathu yaaru nu paaru-a voice boomed, and the cupid let out a foolish grin.
***********

The dutiful mosquito pressed a love bite on Ashwin's cheek, earning a scowl from him. He quickly hit the mosquito, which led him to slap himself and rub his cheek with his famous pout.

The mosquito flew for her life and sighed, scolding him. His hit must have almost ended her earthly life, but she escaped by a narrow margin with a leg injury.

***********
Mosquito: Padupaavi, kaala odachittaane...

Cupid: Kudos, mosquito. The medical team is ready to help you. Leave now.

The mosquito flew away to fix her broken leg while the cupid sat down with a popcorn tub, excited to witness the drama unfold.
***********

Ashwin blinked and saw Sivaangi giggling at his whining face. She pushed his hand away and rubbed his cheek softly.

Sivaangi: Adha adikkiren nu ungala neengale adichikirangale pa. Seriyana comedy piece pa neenga.

Ashwin: Oii

Sivaangi: Seri seri, naa onnum sollala. Velila polaama Ashwineyyy?

Ashwin held her palms and started playing with her fingers.

Ashwin: Sivaangi, appa vandhu irukkaru ma.

She just nodded her head absent-mindedly, and Ashwin patiently waited for her to get the point.

The variety of reactions on her face signalled to him that the bulb in her skull had finally brightened.

He was shook so hard by her, just like a poor plant struck by a whirlwind.

Sivaangi: Appa vaaa?
She shook him again, and he held her in place.
Ashwin: Ethana vaati ulukkanalum seri, ithu thaan unmai. Nee nalla beh nu thoongitu irundha enna nadakkudhu ne theriyama.

Sivaangi showed her teeth and ticked his nose with her finger.

Sivaangi: Unga mela saanji thoonguna, naa indha ulagathaye marandhu thoonguren pa. Aazh manasula irundhu andha nimmadhi ya unaruvom la, andha maari thaan irukkum unga nenjula saanji thoonguna.

The lecturer was stumped to hear her and stopped playing with her fingers.

How many times will his breath get hitched by her? This was the question that popped out of his brain.

Gosh! This woman. He thought and shook his head.

Sivaangi: Eii Ashwineyyy, enna neenga ipdi pandringa? Either you zone out or do some weird actions often. Ungalukulla pei edhavadhu irukka enna?

Ashwin fake glared at her and pinched her cheek a little harder.

Sivaangi: Valikki valikki... killa venaam. Paapa paavam la?

He laughed loudly but couldn't stop himself from admiring her cuteness. Sivaangi rubbed her eyes, acting like she was crying, which Ashwin adored, and rubbed her cheek, consoling her with her favourite words.

Ashwin: Ippo vali pocha en paapavukku?

Sivaangi: Haan, kaana pochu

Ashwin cupped her face and swayed it lightly, dashing his forehead with hers.

Ashwin: Naama eppo paaru off topic poidrom

Sivaangi: Yen apdi soldringa?

Ashwin: Naama enna pesitu irundhom, ippo enna pannitu irukkom?

Sivaangi: Ada aama pa, appa enga?

Ashwin: He and Rakshan have gone out.

And Ashwin narrated everything that happened to her like a good child does to his mother. Sivaangi was hell curious and surprised to see him nervous, even after knowing that his dad is super genuine.

Sivaangi: I don't get this point, Ashwin. Ellame neenga thaan soldringa, aana yen pesa maatinguringa appa kooda?

Ashwin's playful side was gone, and he sat quietly, not wishing to answer her question. Sivaangi waited for him to reply, but on not receiving a response, she folded her hands across her chest.

Sivaangi: So, you won't talk to appa right?

Ashwin's silence gave her the answer, and she got up to leave.

Ashwin: Hey, hey, enga ma pora?

Sivaangi: Why should I stay?

Ashwin: Sivaangi....

Sivaangi: Enna Sivaangi haan enna Sivaangi nu kekuren? Enakku nalla therinji pochu. Inaiki unga appa kooda pesala, naalaiki enga kooda pesa maatinga apdi thaane?

Ashwin: Hell no.

Sivaangi: Wait, sir, let me finish it. Despite your dad being super supportive and encouraging, your so called 'guilt and insecurity about not achieving the goal' stopped you from even having a basic conversation with him.

Naalaiki neenga business pannum podhu you might have to face downfalls, appo enna pannuvinga? Your guilt will stop you from talking to us. You'll try to maintain distance, you'll avoid us, and you'll blame yourself for everything that's happening around you.

Itha thaan panna poringa nu therinji pochu. Adhukku thaan naa ippove velagi pogalam nu irukken. Neenga kutra unarchilaye irunga, no issues.

Ashwin: Sivu, please

Sivaangi: Imagine your father's state, Ashwin. How long will it take for him to blame you or harm you like the other members of your family? While boys are literally crying to have a dad like yours, neenga enna pandringa? Taking advantage of his love and care, huh?

She perfectly triggered him, touching his wrong nerve. Ashwin fisted his hands and tried to control himself from bursting out.

Sivaangi: Kovam varudha? Varanum. Aana unga mela thaan ungalukku varanum.

She held his chin and lifted it to face her. His heated gaze softened and his eyes fluttered once they met hers.

Sivaangi: Naa sonna kepingala maatingala?

Ashwin sits quietly, but a tiny smile is visible on his lips.

Sivaangi: Nee ellam enna aalu ya? Seriyana tubelight.

Ashwin scoffed and held her hand, which was holding his chin.

Ashwin: Over ah poringa, Ms. Peaches.

Sivaangi: Apdi thaan ya pannuven, apdi thaan pannuven.

Ashwin laughs and pulls her to sit next to him. He leans on her shoulder, curling his hand around hers.

Ashwin: I know I am behaving stupidly.

Sivaangi: Finally, you agreed, man.

Ashwin glared at her and smacked her arm lightly, getting one back in return.

Ashwin: I wanted to win and run into his arms, Sivaangi. Unga pulla, unga nambikkaiya kaapathitaan appa nu solla aasa patten. Ennala mudiyala and appa enkitta sollikala naalum, I knew everything happening there. Avara edhirthu ninnu kelvi ketka arugadhai illadhavanga ellam ennaiya vechi hurt pannanga.

In a way, this is one of the reasons my mom and sister are angry at me. After all, appa is also their favourite.

Sivaangi: Ashwin, look at me. You just wanted to do business on your own. You are talking as if you were involved in dirty and illegal activities.

Porukki pasanga, ganja adikkuravan kooda ivlo feel panna maatanga pa.

"Everything is decided by time, and your efforts are important, so don't give up," nu neenga thaane paa solluvinga. Nothing is your fault, Ashwin. Maybe your time hasn't arrived. Namma train vara varaikkum wait panni thaane aaganum. Ellarum eruranga nu neengalum era mudiyuma?

Idhu ellam ungalukke nalla theriyum, aprom enna ya prechanai?

Ashwin: Maa, enna ma nee mariyadhaiya korachite vara.

Sivaangi: Romba chellam tharen naanu ungalukku. Idhu seri pattu varadhu. Endhiringa....

She stood up, and he followed her. She quickly checked the drawer next to the bed and found a wooden scale. Ashwin gulped when she tapped the scale in her palm and maintained a strict demeanour.

Ashwin: Naa thaane lecturer?

Sivaangi: Chup, pesadhinga.

Ashwin: Rendum onnu thaane...

He stopped with a sheepish smile and placed his forefinger on his lips. Sivaangi cleared her throat and pulled his right hand, such that his palm was just below the scale.

Sivaangi: Naa soldratha kepingala?

Ashwin whines a little and tries to take his hand away but stops watching her glare.

Sivaangi: I need an answer, mister.

Ashwin: I know what you will be asking. Naa solla maaten po.

Sivaangi: Hayyada, periya appatakkar uh. Sheriyana prandhaan ee aalu.

Ashwin: Hey, hey, naa onnum prandhan illa. Nee thaan loosu.

Sivaangi: Edhirtha pesuringa, ungala....

She fakes hitting him, and he screams for life.

Ashwin: No, no valikkum adikkadha....

Sivaangi: Adappaavi manusha, naa scale ah kitta kooda eduthutu varala. Wait, appo ithana naala naa adikkum podhu ipdi thaan nadichingala?

Ashwin snickers and tries to grab the scale from her. Sensing his move, she takes a step back, not before punching his stomach.

Ashwin: Ayyo... amma...

Sivaangi: Ellam nadippu....

Ashwin: Ma ma, ella time um valikkala naalum sila nerathula valikkum ma. Un kai thaan chinnadhu, aana adi perusu thaayee....

Sivaangi: Appo, naa adichi valikkamayum irundhu irukku, athaane?

His sheepish smile gave her the answer, and she chased him around the room as he ran for his life.

Sivaangi: Ada nillunga pa, enakku kaal valikkudhu....

Ashwin went back to her, guessing her actual motive with a smile. He bent down and pressed her right leg a little, comforting her.

Sivaangi: Maatningala?

She held his collar and pulled him up a little, such that their faces were close.

Ashwin: Therinji thaane maatunen.

Sivaangi pulled his cheek and cupped his face with a giggle.

Ashwin: Enna sirippu?

Sivaangi: Naa ungala thittanum illa kova padanum illa adikkanum nu try panna pona kooda ennala mudiyala.

Nalla mutta mutta kanna vechi ennaiya correct pannidringa boss neenga.

Ashwin: Appo unakku enna thittanuma, Sivaangi ma?

Sivaangi quickly shook her head with a disapproving look and ruffled his hair.

Ashwin: Mudiya kalaikkadha, Sivaangi ma.

Sivaangi: Enna sonninga?

Ashwin gulped and held her hands that were cupping his face.

Ashwin: Enna venumo panniko ma nu solla vandhen ma.

Sivaangi chortled and pulled him up to sit beside her. She leaned on his shoulder, entwining their hands together with a calm smile.

Sivaangi: Pudichi irukku

Ashwin: Ennadhu?

He leaned on her head, holding her closer to him.

Sivaangi: Neenga indha maari bayapadratha pola nadikkiradhu. Naa enna ketalum seiradhu, enna judge pannama irukkuradhu, enna chinna kozhandha maari paathukuradhu nu ellame pudichi irukku.

A peaceful silence filled the room, and their lips carried happy smiles, hearing each other's heartbeat.

Sivaangi: Ashwin....

Ashwin: Nee enna sonnalum seiren. Be it anything, I won't object.

Sivaangi: Sure??

Ashwin lifted her head from his shoulder and cupped her face, rubbing his nose with hers. She giggled and poked his bearded cheek to get her favourite dimple.

Ashwin: Rakshan kitta kooda naa edhavadhu thillu mullu pandren, but when it comes to you, it's only a yes from my side.

If there's only one human on this whole planet whose words I cannot ignore or whom I cannot go beyond, it's you, Sivaangi.

Nee enna keka poren nu theriyum. Kelu, naa seiren.

Sivaangi was overwhelmed hearing him speak from his heart, and her eyes dropped a little amount of happy tears, acknowledging his words.

Ashwin gently wiped away the water droplets that trickled down her cheek and signed a smile that was instantly mirrored on her lips.

Sivaangi: Appo appa kitta pesuvingala?

Ashwin: Pesuren

Sivaangi: Appa kitta sorry kekuringala?

Ashwin: Kekuren

Sivaangi: Appava hug pannuvingala?

Ashwin: Pandren

Sivaangi: Appavukku ki
ssie tharuvingala?

Ashwin: Tharen

Sivaangi: Romba chamathu nu nenapo?

Ashwin: Yen, unakku theriyadha?

Sivaangi pulled his nose and smiled when he dashed his forehead on hers.

**********
Cupid: Aama, what is that with him dashing his forehead on hers??

Adha therinji ippo nee enna panna pora?

Popcorn theendhu pochu, athaan seri kelvi ketkalame nu keten...

#####

Seri seri, naa innoru tub vaangikiren, thittadha....

The cupid orders a popcorn tub, delivered by Queen Bee, and continues watching the drama.
***********

Sivaangi: Chalein?

Ashwin: Sheri mole....

Sivaangi: Enga irundhu varudhu Malayalam ellam?

Ashwin: Enna nga pandrathu? Having a 'keralathu painkili' as my best friend, korchu malayalam shariyaayi samsaarikkanam alle?

Sivaangi: Aahaa idhu nalla kadhaiya irukke. Naane unga kitta vandhadhu la irundhu Tamizh mattum thaan pesuren. Naa force panna thaan Malayalam ey varudhu.

Ashwin: Nee enkitta vandhadhu naala Tamizh la pesura, naa unkitta vandhadhu naala Malayalathula pesa try pandren. Simple.

***********
Cupid: Aama, ellame simple. Ungalukku enna da? Naanum, dho unga kadhaiya ezhudhura pillaiyum, padikkira pillaigalum thaane paavam?

Unmaiya sollitan pa.

Cupid: Adutha ambu vidalama?

Time irukku raasa, aproma thaan

Cupid: Right uh, makkaley iva izhuthu thaan adippa. Kadhaiya ezhudha oru yugam eduthupa polaye, Ranganatha....

Polambama poda dei..... ***********

Sivaangi: Enkitta nalla pesunga, aana anga pona thiruvizha la kaanama pona pacha mannu maari muzhinga. Oorukku thaan upadesam la?

Ashwin: Maa....

He whined, to which she chuckled and combed his hair with her fingers as he saw her with his twinkling eyes.

Her face was as if she's on deep thought, and her tongue was touching the philtrum.

Ashwin: Cute uh ma nee.

He pulled her cheeks and cupped them.

Sivaangi: Nyabagam vandhuduchu....

Ashwin was confused hearing her and started shouting when Sivaangi twisted his earlobe.

Sivaangi: Enakku theriyama yaaru andha female best friends?

"I have a lot of girl best friends to call me with endearing names. I'll ask them."

She mimicked his tone, glaring at him to which he gulped with a frightened look.

Ashwin: Setha da Ashwineyyy...

Sivaangi: Avanga yaaru nu ippo neenga sollala na, sethinga thaan.

His eyes widen like saucers, and he gulped like a lost child. Sivaangi found him too adorable but went on to play this fake, threatening drama. She has started to talk like she actually wishes, and showing her true, chirpy self to her very own Ashwin felt surreal.

Sivaangi: Solla poringala illaiya?

Ashwin held her shoulders and turned to face the mirror, with him right on her back.

Ashwin: Enakku three female best friends irukkanga Sivaangi. Adhula onnu nee.

Sivaangi's lips parted in shock as this was fresh information from him. An unknown jealousy clouded her brain, thinking about the other two of them.

Ashwin could guess her thoughts and did a mental dance, enjoying her possessiveness.

Sivaangi: Yaaru avanga?

She asked slowly, not meeting his eyes. Ashwin couldn't tolerate that face of hers even for a second and lifted her chin, locking their gazes on the mirror.

Ashwin: Inga thaan irukkanga

Sivaangi: Ingeya?

She let out a surprised look and started searching for them in their room.

Sivaangi: Kaanome...

She pouted, to which he chuckled and cupped her face from behind. She smiled brightly at him and felt the warmth of his palms spreading across her cheeks.

Ashwin: Seri, no confusions. Naane reveal pandren.

Sivaangi: Seekkaam seekkaam (seekiram seekiram)

Ashwin: Second one, paapa.

Sivaangi: Athu naa thaane. Neenga thaan ennaiya already sollitingale.

Ashwin: Ada iru ma, oru flow la varen la....

Sivaangi: Cheri...

Ashwin: Ennoda first girl best friend Sivaangi. Ava enna epdi kupduva?

Sivaangi: Ava Ashwineyyy nu kupduvanga. Haan, ippo ava chellakutty num kupta.

She grinned, to which he grinned back at her.

Ashwin: Great. Ennoda second best friend paapa.

Sivaangi: Aana....

Ashwin: Solla vidu, paapa.

Sivaangi: Haannn enakku puriyalaye...

Ashwin: Soldratha keta thaane puriyum.

Sivaangi: Seri sollunga Ashwin.

Ashwin: Super. Now, with Sivaangi as my paapa, ava enna epdi kupduva?

Sivaangi's brain slowly processed his question and let out the answer, which was seen as a smile on her lips.

Sivaangi: Paapa ungala paa nu kupduva. Appa ku short form thaan paa. Idhu nickname illai thaan, aana ava ungala apdi thaan kupduva.

Her lips wobbled a little, and he swiftly turned her around, pressing her face against his chest.

Ashwin: Cry baby ya neenga? Naa Rowdy baby nu la nenachen...

Sivaangi: Naa Rowdy baby thaan. Kannu verthuduchu.

Ashwin chuckled, and Sivaangi lifted her face from his chest, stood on her toes, and dashed her forehead on his.

Ashwin: Paarrah

***********
Cupid: Paathutu thaan da irukkom.

Dei, mariyadhai mariyadhai....

Cupid: Odane vandhuduva annanukku support panna...

Poda poda dei ......
***********

Sivaangi: Paathutu thaan irukken, aduthadhu yaaru nu sollunga.

She demanded and tried to keep her face serious, but that turned out to look exactly like a grumpy cat.

Ashwin: The third one is, Rowdy. Dho ippo kooda indha appavi ya merattura paaru ava thaan.

Sivaangi laughed, clapping her hands and raising her imaginary collars. Ashwin acted like surrendering to her by bowing his head.

Sivaangi: Aana Rowdy ungala epdi kupduva??

Ashwin: Nee thaan sollanum.

Sivaangi thought for a while, rewinding all their conversations, and Ashwin sat on the bed, smiling at her and laughing hard when she scratched her head.

Sivaangi: Shrov! Naama pesunadha ellam rewind panna nenachale mandaiya suthi kuruvi parakkudhu Ashwineyyy. Avlo pesi irukkom.

She whined and settled herself comfortably in between his legs, holding his arm. Ashwin was astonished at first but nevertheless, looped his left arm around her.

***********
Cupid: Adappavigala dei....

Podaa, vandhuttaan

Cupid: Pannunga, innum enna ellam pandringa nu naangalum paakurom.

Paaka mattum thaan da mudiyum, diaper baby.

The cupid hits his forehead with his bow and 'vera enna nga panna poraan, pakkathu veetta etti paaka poraan.'

Cupid: What?

Tata .....
***********

Ashwin: Bha bha bha nu indha chinna vaai avlo pesudhe. Appo neraya thaane irukkum.

Sivaangi showed her teeth to him and leaned on his shoulder, biting her nail.

Ashwin: Stop that, athu bad habit.

Sivaangi: Ada think pannum podhu apdi pannuven paa.

Ashwin: Think pannum podhu nail bite pannanum nu rule irukka enna?

Sivaangi: Ayya saami, naa pannala podhuma?

Ashwin: Seri seri, nee innum badhil sollalaye, Rowdy.

Sivaangi: Kooti kazhichi paatha naa indha name ah fix pannikalam nu irukken. Already kuptadhu thaan...

Ashwin: Sollunga, kepom.

Sivaangi: Mandhiravadhi

Ashwin: Jandaa podata??

He tried growling, which came out funnily, to which she giggled, slapping his cheek a little.

Ashwin: Lecturer endrum paaramal....

Sivaangi: Athu anga, inga neenga ennodadhu.

***********
Cupid tries to talk, but gets interrupted....

Ada poyen da, avanga thaan avangaloda ishtathukku pandranga na, ivan oruthan IPL commentary maari comment adichitu irukkaan. Summa iru da.

The cupid pouts and cups his face, continuing the 'pakkathu veetta etti paakura business.'
***********

Sivaangi: Ashwineyyy.... Ashwineyyy...

Ashwin: Inga thaan irukken.

Sivaangi: Pesama Rowdy ya ungala Genie nu kupda sollata?

Ashwin: Neeye sollu.

Sivaangi clears her throat, as if she's preparing for a stage speech. The seriousness on her face brought waves of laughter from Ashwin.

Sivaangi: Ahem....

She points herself out and continues.

Sivaangi: Idho paaru Rowdy, nee Ashwin ah Genie nu kupdu. Idhu ennoda order.

Ava ungala apdi thaan kupduvaalam paa. Enkitta sollita.

Ashwin: Paaren, unkitta sollita aana enkitta sollala.

Sivaangi: Hi Genie....

Ashwin: Naa sonna maari enakku girl best friends irukkanga. I have nicknames too.

Sivaangi: Appo Panda, Peaches ellam?

Ashwin: Avanga ellam onnum kupdalaye. Naa thaan paavam.

His face was like that of a little one, who was denied chocolate by his mother.

Sivaangi: Apdi ellam avanga vida maatanga. Panda oru foodie la?

She went back to her research and did air calculations, trying to figure out a new nickname for him. He placed his chin on her right shoulder and smiled at their left palms that were entwined together.

***********
Cupid: Azhaga irukke. Rei fireflies, capture the picture. Nalla flash adichi edunga da.

The fireflies obeyed him and captured the picture; that'll be sent to his pink phone later on.
***********

After a good amount of time, a name finally satisfied Panda, and she was way happy about it.

Sivaangi: Name pudichitene...

Ashwin: Enga ma pudicha?

He stopped with her glare and let out a sheepish grin.

Sivaangi: Panda will call you Jamun. Unga kannam Jamun maari thaan irukku.

So, it's Sivaangi's Ashwineyyy and chellakutty, Paapa's paa, Rowdy's Genie and Panda's Jamun. Yaay!

She spoke at a stretch and looked at Ashwin, who was grinning at her like a "countryman seeing a candy shop for the first time."

Ashwin: Jamun ah naanu?

Sivaangi quickly nodded her head and grabbed her phone, changing the contact name to Jamun with a pink heart. Ashwin chuckled when she took his phone and made a call to her number.

Sivaangi: Paarunga Jamun is calling. Irunga, let me make some changes.

She went back to the contact name editor and added a mother-baby and genie emoji right before the pink heart.

Sivaangi: Paa thaan aana maa vum neenga thaane. So, that emoji works well.

She dropped her phone when she felt him hugging her tight, hiding himself in her neck crook. Those warm arms wrapped around her offered the same peace as a cast spell, and she closed her eyes, letting herself absorb all the affection that he was bestowing on her.

Every time this tiny woman said something, this lighthouse's heart was tugged to an extreme level, and he felt as if she's squeezing his heart to get a better place for her to reside in.

The little woman and this lighthouse as of now aren't aware of the fact that she need not ask for a place in his heart; rather, the whole three hundred and twenty grams of cardiac flesh is rightfully only hers to be owned and cherished.

Only the universe, almighty, and that invisible thread that's holding their bond can answer him, with the cupid being a perfect catalyst, stimulating and evoking the unnamed feelings between them.

---------------

Meanwhile here, Rakshan had narrated everything that happened since they joined the college and Ashwin's dad was astonished to hear about his very own son.

Lakshmikanthan: Ivana da oru ponnoda avanave pesunaan?

Rakshan: Ada neenga vera yen pa? Naanum first day pogala, paavam pulla thavippane nu paatha friend pudichitaan athuvum oru ponnu....

"Ippodhaikku friend nu soldrathu thaan seri. It's just we are assuming about them. Ellam mela irukkuravan kaila thaan irukku." Rakshan told himself.

Isn't it the best thing to be done? Those two are yet to explore that untouched area of feelings right?

Lakshmikanthan: En pullaikku enga irundhu avlo dhairiyam?

Rakshan: Adhellam onnum illai pa. En thangam rowdy la, athaan vazhikku vandhuttaan.

Lakshmikanthan: Nalla ponna Rakshan?

Rakshan: Thangam pa ava. Appavi, kalla kabadam theriyadha ponnu. Konjam bayandha swabavam, but that's temporary.

Ashwin's dad saw the true happiness on Rakshan's face and smiled with a sigh. Rakshan continued narrating Sivaangi's childhood life and he instantly felt bad for her.

Lakshmikanthan: Paavam da paapa....

Rakshan: Aama pa. Wait wait, enna neengalum paapa nu soldringa? Avanum apdi thaan kupduvaan Sivaangi ya.

Lakshmikanthan: Copy cat da avan. Ellathayum ennaiya maariye pannuvan.

Rakshan: Paa, avan thaane modhala kuptaan?

Lakshmikanthan: Naa mattum appo irundhu irundha naa thaan modhala kuptu iruppen.

He twisted his lips and knocked Rakshan's head.

Rakshan: Ayyo amma.... avan unga pulla thaan, neenga avan appa thaan. Ore maari pandringa....

Lakshmikanthan: Adhu engalukku theriyum... you continue.

Then Rakshan went about narrating the election drama and Ashwin's dad was annoyed with Vincent and gang.

Lakshmikanthan: Yaara avan? Over ah thulluraan.

Rakshan: Vidunga pa, avan oru comedy piece.

Lakshmikanthan: Namma aalungala anupatta da?

Rakshan: Avlo scene illai pa, naangale handle panniduvom.

"Anna, parcel ready. Check pannikonga." The hotel staff announced, handing over the food parcels and Rakshan cross checked once.

Rakshan: Pa pogalam. Illai na unga paiyan phone panni saavadippaan.

Just as he finished, his phone rang and he was not surprised seeing Ashwin's number. Ashwin's dad laughed and they started from the hotel.

---------

At a local tea shop, Pune.

"Bhau, ek cup chaha." (Brother, one cup of tea.)

A guy announced with his arrival and sat on the bench, going through the newspaper.

Tea master: Aaj ushira ka jhalas beta?
(Why are you late today, son?)

Guy: Bhau, mi saamaan bandhata hoto. Mi udya Chennaila janara ahe.
(I was packing my luggages, brother. I will be leaving to Chennai tomorrow.)

The tea master nodded his head in understanding and offered him biscuits too. The guy thanked him and sipped his tea, munching the biscuits.

Tea Master: Amhi tumhala misa karu, beta.
(I will miss you, son.)

The guy just smiled and continued having his tea. There was something strange in his eyes, sadly none could understand. Was it pain? Or longing? No clue.

The guy was done with his tea and paid the amount. The tea master stopped him, realising that he paid triple the price.

Guy: Bhau, ajibata sankoca karu naka. Hi kahi mothi gosta nahi. Mala pana tujhi athavana yeila.
(Brother, don't hesitate. It's not a big deal. I will miss you too.)

He bade bye to the master and got ready to go home but a phone call stopped his move.

He saw the caller id and was surprised. Without any delay, he attended the call.

Caller: Dei badava, enga da irukka?

The guy laughed hearing his favourite professor's voice.

Guy: Sir, epdi irukkinga?

Caller: Keta kelvikku badhil.....

Guy: Pune, sir.

Caller: Adappavi, nee angeye thangittiya?

Guy: Aama sir, placement appo offer panna adhe job la thaan irukken. As of now, team leader.

Caller: Very good, very good. Happy ya irukkiya champ?

Guy: Theriyalaye sir.

A moment of silence enveloped him as he searched for the answer to this question for ten years. He faced the wrath of people, with no one to defend him. It took a good amount of time for him to prove his innocence, and by the time he did, he had lost every ounce of trust in the entire human race.

He had distanced himself from everyone who misunderstood him and never gave them a chance to ask for forgiveness.

He was the hype of his college, a hot heartthrob, and the most popular president of A.M.R.S. College. But unfortunately, he really didn't have any friends in college. It was his favourite professor, also his branch HOD, who was a guiding light, a mentor, and a father figure to him.

Caller: Champ, line la irukkiya?

Guy: Irukken sir.

Caller: Ippayum athe badhil sonna epdi da?

Guy: Badhil kedacha thaane sir solla mudiyum?

Caller: Seriya pochu po. Enakku nee oru help pannanume da....

Guy: On your command, my dear CS HOD.

CS HOD: Dai....

Seri, I want you to attend a function at our college.

Guy: Sir....

The guy hesitated, remembering the fact that Vincent was working there as a lecturer.

CS HOD: Nee edhukku yosikkira nu theriyudhu, enakkaga va champ.

Guy: Sir, request pannadhinga. Order pannunga. Naa kandippa vandhudren.

CS HOD: Dai dai Iyer veetu paiyan maari saanthama pesi ematha paarkuriya? Kazhuthula cycle chain, kaila stump vechitu suthunavan thaane da nee?

The guy grinned remembering his college days. Even though he had no friends, he was the uncrowned don for four years. Anyone would reach him for help and he wouldn't hesitate to even pick up the ugliest fight to save those who come under his roof.

Owing to his above average academic scores and sharp skills, he was escaping from the management's clutches.

Maybe, someone is like him in the present batch now.

***********
Cupid: Ahem

Zip ....

Cupid: Diaper la zip illai....

Adhu en prechanai illai, ellathayum zip pannu.

Cupid: Ada kirukki....
***********

Guy: Iyer paiyan maari saanthama illai naalum oru alavukku nalla paiyan thaan sir. Aana yaarukkum athu puriyalaye.

His mood turned sour, remembering what happened years back. The HOD could sense his mood and tried to cheer him up.

CS HOD: Pazhaiya kadhai edhukku champ?? I have been saying this, you are one of the finest students I have seen. An imperfectly, perfect, rugged boy.

The guy's mood changed and they chatted for a while, reminiscing his college days.

Guy: Seri enna function sir?

CS HOD: Investiture ceremony.

Guy: What?? Sir don't tell me that the civil department won the President election. I don't hold any grudge on that department but Vincent and his juniors are definitely not cool. Naa padikkum podhe avanunga college ku vandhu attagasam pannuvanunga.

Ivanunga election jeichadha paaka enakku viruppam illai.

CS HOD: Dei avasara kudukka, enna konjam pesa vidu.

The guy chuckled and heard everything that happened in college in this last two months. He was astonished and happy at the same time to hear about his department exhibiting their interests.

Guy: Woah! This is great. The young lecturers are amazing sir.

CS HOD: Aama da, adhula oru paiyan unna maariye irukkaan. Andha moonu vaalu pasangala oruthi apdiye unna pola attagasam pandra.

The guy smiled hearing him and asked more questions about the present batch. He was happy to hear about Ashwin, Rakshan and the three musketeers, who have become popular in their college now.

Guy: Hmm hmm pancha bootham maari rendu lecturers, moonu pasanga. Nalla squad sir.

CS HOD: Ofcourse. Ivanga thaan namma maanatha kaapathunadhe. Ippo matha pasangalum nalla involve aaitanga. Ceremony aprom exams, seventh semester starting la culturals host pandra idea irukku.

Guy: Super sir. Ceremony enaikki?

CS HOD: Coming Thursday da.

Guy: Okay sir. Naa kandippa vandhudren. Anyways I'll be shifting to Chennai tomorrow.

CS HOD: Great news. Mariyadhai ya indha weekend en veetukku lunch saapda vara. I am not taking a no as answer.

Guy: As you say, sir.

They spoke for some more time and hung up, as it was a little late. The guy felt somewhat light after talking to his professor and sat on the bike.

Guy: I should definitely meet these five. Nalla aalunga maari thaan irukku.

Athulayum, andha ponna paathe aaganum. Nammala maari bat, stumps eduthutu sandaikku pogumame. Apdi yaaru thaan athu nu paathudren.

He smiled and started his bike, probably symbolising a new journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello sweethearts! Here is the next chapter.

Hope you all liked it and I haven't disappointed you.

Hmm hmm the champ has finally arrived. Let's see what he has in store for us. *winks*

Thank you so much for your patience and support. Love you all.

Anbudan,
Mrinalini 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 6.2K 28
Sithara Raghuvaran, a 21 year old girl who is broken, scared and struggling hard to get used to the new world which looks straight opposite to the wo...
354K 11.1K 48
"புஜ்ஜி உங்க பையன் இம்சையே தாங்க முடியல, இதுல இன்னொருத்தர் வேறயா? சாப்பிடுறதுக்கு பஜ்ஜி வேணும்னா செஞ்சு தர்றேன். ப்யாரி பச்சி பிஸினஸ் எல்லாம் கிடையாத...
72.5K 1.3K 36
இது ஒரு ஆன்ட்டி ஹீரோ வகை கதை...
168K 18.7K 53
This is a complete fictional story that happens in the alternate timeline and universe having no resemblance to reality except for the occupation of...