[VOLUME 1] N.E.X.U.S. : Incep...

Από Ubiquitunox

In an unexpected turn of events, Dresden Hawthorne, an ordinary high school student, is thrust into an extrao... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1: The Encounter In The Darkening Twilight
Chapter 2: The Showdown In The Tavern
Chapter 3: The Girl of Suffering
Chapter 4 : The Night's Trial: Friendship and Struggle Beneath The Stars
Chapter 5: Trials of Valor: Courage, Friendship, and Sacrifice
Chapter 6: Path to The Warriorhood
Chapter 8: Friendship Under the Sunset Sky
Chapter 9: The Bond in Sword Training
Chapter 10: Twilight of the 'Beast' Sword

Chapter 7: The Mastery's Path - Training and Bonds

3 0 0
Από Ubiquitunox

The sun shone ever brighter, casting its warm brilliance upon the training grounds. Its rays pierced through the canopy of trees, creating dancing patterns of light upon the ground. Slowly, young warriors like us began to fill the training area, our steps firm and spirited.

From a distance, I heard the deafening sound of a whistle cutting through the morning tranquility. I still couldn't ascertain the source of the piercing noise, but it was definitely disruptive and loud enough to shatter my peace.However, I could see a figure making their way onto the training ground. And... it was our barracks guard, accompanied by two others clad in full armor!"Is he going to be our trainer? And who are those two following him?" I asked Orion."Yes, he doubles as the barracks guard and the trainer for sector 3. He's Sir Gunter Falkenkrieger. And those two are our seniors from sector 2, they'll assist Sir Gunter in overseeing our training," Orion explained.It was truly daunting... someone as stern and relentless as Sir Gunter alone was enough, and now there were two more to oversee. How much worse could this get? This wasn't training, it was going to be hell."Silence, all of you. No one is allowed to speak. Training will begin shortly. Listen to me," Sir Gunter shouted."Oh, before I forget... You there, Hector, step forward and introduce yourself," Sir Gunter said loudly, pointing at me.All eyes immediately turned to me. Oh dear, at a time like this, I have to introduce myself. Someone like me, always stage fright... this is a nightmare! What will I say? Can I stand tall and confidently introduce myself to them all? Will they judge me? I was caught in a whirlwind of anxiety when Sir Gunter's booming voice suddenly echoed.

"How much longer are you going to stand there? Are you going to stand frozen in place all day and make me wait for you to introduce yourself? I don't need warriors like that, understand? I didn't say I would punish you, I just said step forward and introduce yourself. Is that too much to ask? What will become of you when facing the enemy on the battlefield? Will you stand still and let them draw their swords on you, and your blood spill in vain?" Sir Gunter yelled angrily, his face flushing red.Orion nudged me. "Step forward, or it'll get worse," Orion whispered. I agreed, slowly gathering the courage to step forward and take my place beside Sir Gunter."I apologize for making you angry earlier, Sir Gunter," I turned my body 90 degrees and bowed apologetically to Sir Gunter before starting my introduction. Sir Gunter responded briefly, "I'll forgive you this time, start introducing yourself. Don't waste precious time with unnecessary things!"I nodded and began to introduce myself."Good morning, my fellow comrades-in-arms. I am Hector, a newly joined warrior in this team. I know that I'm not proficient in many things, so I seek your help and guidance in the days to come."I immediately bowed respectfully after finishing my brief introduction. Silence... there was no sound, no welcoming, nothing happened.

Slowly, I raised my head and found all the warriors in front of me standing still, expressionless. Orion nodded slightly and gestured his eyes to the left, but I didn't understand his signal."Are you going to stand here for long? Should I tell you when you're done introducing yourself to return to the ranks? Stop making me look foolish," Sir Gunter shouted without even looking at me, still glaring straight ahead.I quickly apologized and returned to the ranks. What's up with this old man, I thought to myself. Can't he let me return to the ranks more graciously? Who can understand what's on his mind, am I a mind reader or something? I continued to grumble inwardly.Orion nudged me again, then whispered with a small smile, "Forget about it, Hector. I used to be like that too. He seems fierce, but his heart is soft."I nodded in understanding. "Listen up, all of you. Since we now have a new recruit in this sector, I'm going to announce the formation of new groups. 35 warriors, divided into 7 groups, each consisting of 5 people. Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D, and Team E. Now both knights behind me will read out the roster for each group," Sir Gunter explained."Alright, I'll read out the roster for Group A. Alexandros, Kostas, Georgios, Manolis, Ilias. Now for Group B. Konstantinos, Leonidas, Nikolaos, Hephaestus, Stavros. For the names I've called out, please form your group formation immediately," the knight standing behind Sir Gunter on the left said."Alright. Now I'll read out the roster for Groups C, D, E. Group C. Theodoros, Andreas, Hector, Dionysios, Orion. Group D. Evangelos, Ioannis, Kyriakos, Odysseus, Spyridon. Group E. Themistoklis, Vasilios, Zephyros, Athanasios, Charalampos. That's it, please form your group formations as instructed," the knight standing behind Sir Gunter on the right said.Suddenly, I realized something. That sound... the sound I just heard, was a familiar one. It felt like I had just heard it, soft yet firm.

"Let's move to Group C's lineup. Don't make Sir Gunter scold us for the second time," Orion said softly, tapping my shoulder, bringing me back from my wild thoughts. "Oh right, sorry for zoning out. Let's start moving," I said. Orion smiled.Arriving at our group's line, three others were already there. Before I could take a proper position in the ranks, one of them approached me. "Andreas. Nice to meet you," he said, shaking my hand. "And I'm Theodoros, hope we'll spend plenty of enjoyable times together," Theodoros said. "Oh, and I'm Dionysios, nice to meet you, Hector," Dionysios said, holding both of my hands.

I quickly returned their warm greetings, "Ah, nice to meet you all. I'm Hector. I'll need more help, guidance, and cooperation in the future." They smiled and nodded slightly."That's enough... be quiet, stop all this noise. I'm asking you all to move and form group ranks, not to talk to each other. Listen up, everyone. These two are the chosen knights from sector 2 who will help guide you during training, especially in swordsmanship and horsemanship. They will guide you for a full month, and next month you will be guided by different knights. On my right, or from your perspective, stands Knight of sector 2 rank 5, Leonidas. And on my left, or from your perspective, stands Knight of sector 2 rank 2, Hyperion. Do you understand?" Sir Gunter said, half-shouting."Understood, Sir," all the warriors replied in unison, except for me. Yes, right, there was no mistaking the figure standing in front of me right now, it was the knight who had joined us for breakfast and bathing earlier this morning. Yes, Hyperion, that's why I recognized his voice so much. I was confused, torn between happiness, worry, and confusion.

Sir Gunter's stern voice echoed across the training ground, his gaze piercing as he pointed directly at me."Hey you, young man over there! Your behavior has been unacceptable. Everyone answered loudly, yet you seemed to whisper, or perhaps you said nothing at all. Do you understand? Answer me!" he barked.Feeling embarrassed, I quickly stood up straight and replied firmly, "Yes, Sir. I apologize for my disappointing behavior."Sir Gunter didn't dwell on it for too long before continuing, "Alright, for today, your first exercise will be to traverse track 3 in the yellow zone for the group led by Leonidas, and track 3 in the orange zone for the group led by Hyperion, while carrying the load I've prepared, and return here before the sun is directly overhead. Those who return late will face punishment. Now, get going!""Understood, Sir," we all replied in unison.In an orderly manner, we made our way to the storage area, grabbed our respective loads, and hoisted them onto our shoulders. Ah, they were heavy. With our armor, helmets, and swords already weighing us down, this additional burden felt almost unbearable. How far would we have to trek with these loads? But I chose to remain silent for now, following instructions as Sir Gunter watched us like a hawk.

Slowly, we began to walk behind the training knights leading the way. Yes, I, along with Orion and our comrades from Groups C, D, and E, followed Hyperion; while the others from Groups A and B followed Knight Leonidas. I positioned myself directly behind Orion, ensuring we could still converse.As we walked, I overheard whispers from the dispersed group led by Knight Leonidas. "Oh, damn it! Why do we always get such scary trainers? Look at them over there, they seem to have a much more pleasant one. Ugh, I envy them," I could faintly hear murmurs like these.Approaching Orion, I whispered, "Why them? Is Knight Leonidas really that terrifying?" Orion smiled and replied, "Training with Knight Leonidas can indeed be likened to a battlefield rather than a training session. He's very serious and never allows a moment of rest. Training with him is rigorous, and he never lets you slack off. But then again, he's a respected knight with many accolades for his efforts in quelling rebels in the southern lands. That's why they call him Der Löwenbrüller-Ritter aus dem Blutigen Süden, or The Lion's Roar Knight from the Bloody South."I grew even more curious and asked, "What about Hyperion? It seems like all the warriors enjoy him as a trainer. Is he really that pleasant?" Orion chuckled and explained, "Are you just meeting Hyperion today, Hector? Isn't his manner of speaking enough to give you an idea of what he's like? Indeed, he has a gentler and more understanding nature. Among warriors like us, he's known as Der Ritter der Sonne aus dem Großen Osten, or The Sun Knight from the Great East. But don't underestimate him; on the battlefield, he's a knight whose skills are unmatched. He simply strives to remain humble and blend in with everyone. Although I must admit, I was a bit surprised myself that Hyperion is rarely a trainer, perhaps even for the first time today."I nodded after hearing Orion's explanation. Indeed, the Hyperion I knew was a good, wise, and humble knight. I was glad to have met him. Carrying this 15 kg load suddenly felt lighter now.We continued walking, and before we knew it, the sun was shining even brighter. I observe that the sun is at an altitude of about 32 degrees above the ground surface, indicating it was past 8 o'clock.

"Let's stop for a moment, rest your legs. You can drink and chat for a bit. In 10 minutes, we'll resume our journey," Hyperion suddenly announced from the front.The whole group stretched and relaxed. "Oh, thank goodness... I thought we wouldn't get a break. Our trainer is indeed the best," some warriors from our group remarked. Ah, training with Hyperion is indeed more relaxed. He understands us better. "Remember, I won't be lenient. 10 minutes is your break time. There won't be any extensions," Hyperion said firmly, with a slight smile.We all sat on the grass, enjoying the bright morning while quenching our thirst and chatting lightly. However, Hyperion didn't sit to rest; he walked leisurely into the deeper part of the forest.Curious, I quietly followed him. I watched as he gathered some yellowish-orange flowers, which I wasn't sure what plant they were, and placed them in a small cloth pouch he carried.Unbeknownst to me, I kept getting closer out of curiosity. "Arnica... Arnica montana, these are the flowers I picked. They can be used to make a salve to heal bruises or inflammation," Hyperion suddenly startled me. Ah, he noticed my presence. "In the forest, there are many plants you can come across. As warriors, it's important to know these plants too. Because sometimes they can be useful in emergencies. You won't always be able to reach the infirmary, and it's not always necessary. That's why simple knowledge like this can be important," explained Hyperion.I nodded. "Ah well, break time's over. Let's return to the group," Hyperion said as he got up from his crouching position. I followed him from behind."Alright, enough resting. Let's continue our journey. This time, there won't be any breaks... until we return to our main camp at our barracks. Or none of us show up on time and face punishment. Let's go, let's be more spirited," Orion urged.

"Understood, Entraîneur," they said in unison. "Good, keep up this excellent spirit until the end," said Hyperion firmly, "let's continue." "What was that term again...," I muttered. I whispered to Orion, "Hey buddy, what's En...nur? Entrenur? The term you guys mentioned earlier?" Orion chuckled, then replied briefly, "That's entraîneur, a word in French which means coach." Ah... so coach, there are so many terms I need to learn.

We resumed walking, and this time, the terrain became more challenging. There were many hills and a river we had to cross. It was quite cumbersome; several times, I almost slipped or stumbled when climbing or crossing rocky terrain, but thankfully, Orion was quick to catch me.Finally, after what felt like a long journey, we arrived at a spacious clearing. "Alright, good job, everyone. Let's take a short break, about 20 minutes. Over there, to the west, beyond the bushes, there's a small stream; you can wash your faces to feel refreshed," Hyperion said. "Yes, Entraîneur," we responded in unison.We quickly washed our faces and dried them, then sat back under the trees. Some people started singing, and although I didn't understand the songs they sang, I enjoyed the melody. I turned to Orion and asked, "Hey, have you ever thought that one day, if we were like Hyperion, what would we do?" I didn't know why I suddenly asked that. Orion, looking up at the sky, replied, "Ah, you're quite ambitious, Hector. Hmm, I've never thought that far. As you know, I'm weak, and I know I'll never be able to achieve a good position. Just being able to survive until now is already fortunate for me. But surely, you can do it. You're great!" He smiled, but I knew it was a bitter smile, showing his helplessness. I understood his feelings and comforted him, "Hey buddy, don't lose hope. You may just haven't discovered your strengths yet. And even if you're not very skilled or a bit weak, you'll still be my best friend. That's enough for me because it means I have someone I can trust in my life." Orion smiled and patted my shoulder. Ah, what kind of question did I ask earlier? I felt a little regretful because it burdened Orion.

After a while, Hyperion reappeared, having previously disappeared somewhere. "Alright, let's get going again. This time, there won't be any breaks... until we return to our main camp at our barracks. Or none of us show up on time and face punishment. Let's be more spirited," Orion exclaimed. "Roger that, Entraîneur," we replied in unison.

We continued walking for another hour and a half without stopping, sweat pouring down continuously as the sun shone hotter. Eventually, we made it back to our main camp."You're late! Do you know you were almost late?" Sir Gunter scolded. "Hyperion, as a knight of pride, can't you be firmer with your juniors? Don't let them be too relaxed, or their personalities as warriors will be hard to shape. Understand?"Hyperion bowed his head, then said, "Yes, I understand, Sir. Please forgive my mistake; I'll be stricter next time.""Good," Sir Gunter replied shortly. "Now, you'll have a 30-minute lunch break, and after that, gather back here. We'll continue our training," he stated firmly."Yes, Sir, we're ready to proceed," we replied in unison.

We quickly ran to the dining hall and grabbed our lunch. As usual, Orion and I always chose to sit at the same table because we felt comfortable with each other, but once again, Hyperion came and sat with us. This time we felt very uncomfortable because unlike during breakfast, when the dining hall was empty, now all our fellow soldiers were also having lunch, and seeing two foolish soldiers eating with a knight was not something usual."Hey, hey, look, why is our trainer eating with those two friends of ours? Are they friends?" I could hear murmurs echoing throughout the dining hall. I dared to ask politely, "Sorry Hyperion, but we don't deserve to sit with you, especially in the midst of a training phase like this, where there is certainly a difference between a trainer and trainees, lowly soldiers like us. Wouldn't it be better for you to eat in the cafeteria, I mean the dining hall that is specifically for knights like you?"Realizing the awkward situation that arose, Hyperion exclaimed loudly, "Hey, my sweet little siblings, you can join us too, or let's eat together at the long table in the corner of the dining hall, it seems enough for all of us. You don't need to feel too embarrassed with me. I appreciate your feelings of respect, but I don't want you to consider me unapproachable, let's get acquainted."Hyperion stood up and picked up his tray then invited me and Orion to move to the long table in the corner of the dining hall near the kitchen, "Let's join the others, it might be more interesting. And actually, in my opinion, the food here is tastier," said Hyperion with a smile. We nodded and hurriedly followed Hyperion. One by one, other soldiers also joined us at the long table, of course, Knight Leonidas sat alone at his table.

"Let's eat, before our food gets cold, and of course, we have to return to training soon," said Hyperion at the dining table."Ready, Captain," some of us replied in unison, saluting.Hyperion burst into laughter, saying, "Hahaha.... first, you called me Entraîneur and now Captain, ah I don't need that. Just call me by my name, Hyperion. Come on, let's eat."The initially awkward atmosphere turned into cheerful banter, and laughter filled the dining hall. We quickly finished our meals, washed and dried our eating utensils, and gathered back in the field. Of course, Knight Leonidas was already there before us.

Hyperion whispered to the two of us, "I'll go first, report to Sir Gunter. I'll be back later." He waved his hand as he ran towards the small hut of Sir Gunter not far from our barracks. Not long after, Sir Gunter came out of the hut with Hyperion. Then Sir Gunter began to speak, "Yes, fellow soldiers, are your stomachs filled?"We replied loudly, "Yes, Sir."

Sir Gunter nodded then continued, "Good, as well as your stamina, I hope it's fully replenished now, we will continue our training today, and now we will start the sword training session. Of course, there will be many sword exercises that you will undergo here, starting from the basic techniques of using a sword, then during sparring, dual wielding, to other advanced techniques. Of course, you will learn them gradually. And considering that Hector has just joined, of course, you must learn hard from the other soldiers who have been here for some time. Do you all understand, especially you Recrue Hector?"I answered confidently, followed by all the other soldiers, "Yes, Sir."

"Good, let's start the training session. Today we will train again using the Eisenzahn sword, one of the types of one-handed swords used by beginner soldiers here, and of course, you will use wooden swords first in training. This Eisenzahn sword is also the sword that is in your belt, so I want you to master it well to be able to use it in important situations. Now I leave it to Leonidas and Hyperion to guide you. And, oh yes, I'm changing your guides now. Hyperion now guides groups A and B; while Leonidas guides groups C, D, and E. Hyperion's group will train on the northern field; while Leonidas's group will train on the southern field," said Sir Gunter."Ready, execute," said Hyperion and Leonidas firmly.Both knight trainers saluted Sir Gunter then immediately asked the soldiers to group themselves.

Ah, damn it, why are we now being trained by Knight Leonidas. Ah, I thought I could enjoy my days in this month with Hyperion. Without a word, Knight Leonidas walked towards the southern field, and we followed him.Arriving at the southern field, Knight Leonidas looked at each of us with a sharp and cold gaze, then said briefly, "Alright, fellow soldiers, as explained earlier, today I will train you in the basics of swordsmanship. I know that some of you have spent some time here, and may have already mastered some of the basics I will teach. But because today a new soldier has joined, I will go over some of these basics again. Therefore, especially you Hector, pay attention to me carefully, and you other soldiers help Hector if he has difficulty or needs guidance."We all replied in unison, "Understood, Knight Leonidas.""Good. Before starting with the sword, let's review a bit of the sword theory.You all need to understand that there are two main types of swords: single-handed and double-handed. Single-handed swords are more flexible and can be used together with a shield or other weapons, while double-handed swords have greater strength and attack range due to their larger size.Each has its advantages and applications, and you will understand them as you train.Swords are also categorized into single-edged and double-edged swords. Single-edged swords have the blade edge only on one side, making them more suitable for cutting than stabbing. This makes them a reliable weapon for close combat and intense battles. On the other hand, double-edged swords have blade edges on both sides, providing flexibility for both stabbing and cutting techniques, but with a shorter attack range. This can be very useful, but its use requires more attention, to avoid self-injury.

The sword we use for training today, Eisenzahn, is a single-handed single-edged sword. It is the simplest type. This sword has a total length of 34 inches. It weighs 3.2 lb. Although this sword is quite simple, because this weight is borne by one of your hands, a certain body posture is needed to properly use the sword you have.Alright, I think that's enough theory basics, and it's better if we move quickly to practical basics, have you all understood so far, especially you new recruit?" pointed out Knight Leonidas to me after explaining at length while looking at all the soldiers with a cold stare.Starting with me, all the other soldiers replied firmly, "Understood, Entraîneur""Good, now take your swords from the storage shed, and come back here immediately." ordered Knight Leonidas briefly but firmly."We immediately ran towards the storage warehouse mentioned, then each took our swords. Orion helped me get mine. 'This one's yours,' Orion said as he handed the sword in his right hand to me. 'Ah, thank you.' I took it, and it was not too heavy - but I still hadn't found a comfortable way to hold it - perhaps because the texture of the material covering the grip felt a bit strange - and also, I hadn't found the right balance in carrying this sword, which has a slightly curved blade towards the sharpened edge. I immediately took the sword, dragging it a little, onto the field, but before I could take more than 10 steps, Leonidas shouted at me from afar. 'Hey, new recruit, do you intend to ruin the sword you're carrying? Even though it's made of wood, do you think you can damage it? Don't you know how to carry a sword properly? Or can't you see how others carry it? Dragging the sword while carrying it not only damages its point but also shows your disrespect in using it. As a warrior, respect for the tool that can bring honor to you is a basic ethic that you must not forget. Do you understand?' shouted Knight Leonidas fiercely.

'Ah, forgive my bad behavior, I won't repeat it,' I immediately apologized. Ah, even such trivial things can be a problem here. Orion nudged me, then showed me the correct way to hold the sword. It turns out there are grooves in the grip of this sword intended to place each finger, so that you can hold it comfortably. And it's better to hold it in a resting position at the side of the hip with a slightly above-navel position, with the sword blade forming a 30-degree angle downward towards the back direction of the horizontal, not touching the ground. Ah, apparently even such a small thing needs to be paid attention to.Seeing that we were all gathered again, Knight Leonidas resumed the lesson. 'Alright, the sword you're using, as mentioned earlier by Sir Gunter, is just a wooden practice sword, and it's lighter than the real sword you will use. This is intended for safety during training. Now let's start the sword lesson. First, the technique of holding the sword. Hold the sword with your dominant hand on the main grip, and your non-dominant hand on the pommel to maintain balance and control the sword's movement better. Make sure your grip is strong but also flexible to follow the sword's movement easily. Make sure your fingers wrap around the handle to provide better control when you swing the sword. And there are threads, or grooves intended as finger positions, so use it well! And remember, your palm should grip the handle tightly. Also, pay attention to the weight distribution of the sword in your hand to maintain balance and control the sword's movement better. Do you understand, especially you, new recruit? Don't make mistakes again!' Knight Leonidas explained, pointing at me.'Understood, Knight Leonidas,' we replied in unison.'Good, now, about the body position. This is very important so that you can lift and swing your sword properly. Make sure to stand upright with your feet spread parallel to your shoulders. Also, stand with both feet open about shoulder-width apart, to evenly distribute weight on both feet. Then, lean your body slightly forward to improve and maintain balance. Your gaze should focus on your opponent, ready to face attacks and respond quickly. Notice what I'm demonstrating.'

Without even demonstrating, he already looked very fierce and intimidating, and now with his super focused gaze, Knight Leonidas looked even more terrifying, like an eagle with its sharp eyes ready to pounce on its prey.We followed him, holding our swords and adjusting our body posture.'Good. Relax your shoulders, not tense. The shoulder closer to the hand holding the sword should be slightly lower, like this.''Understood, Instructor,' we replied in unison.Knight Leonidas nodded, then continued, 'Next, about how to swing the sword. Use your wrist and arm to provide smooth and strong movements. Move your arm quickly, but make sure your movements remain controlled and precise. Utilize your body weight and momentum, like this. And... use the right techniques for attacking and defending, according to the situation you face.'He demonstrated the sword swing to us, his movement was very elegant, and it amazed me. We all practiced following his instructions.'And remember, focus on your opponent and the surrounding environment. Your eyes should remain on the opponent's movements, and ensure your body position is ready to respond quickly to attacks. I believe that's enough guidance from me, now I will start reviewing each of your exercises one by one,' Knight Leonidas explained as he began to walk.'Relax your shoulders, being tense like this not only makes your sword position bad, but it can also hurt others or injure yourself, do you understand Zephyros?' Leonidas explained while helping to correct Zephyros's posture. 'Understood, Instructor,' Zephyros replied. Leonidas continued walking and reviewing other warriors, 'Hephaetus and Kyriakos, your grip is not good, the swords you hold have the potential to fall and injure yourselves, pay attention to where you place your fingers,' he advised again.

'And you, new Recrue... I see you enjoying playing with the sword you're holding, never think about learning to swing the sword when your grip is still not good enough and your body posture is still unsteady like this, pay attention to the exercises done by Orion. You, Orion, good job, you have made progress,' Leonidas said firmly. 'Please forgive me, Instructor, I will pay more attention,' I apologized. 'Orion, help your groupmate master the basic techniques I have taught,' he continued. 'Yes, Instructor,' Orion said. Leonidas nodded and walked away while inspecting the exercises of other warriors.'Don't worry, you will get better later,' Orion suddenly said before I could ask anything. 'I used to take a long time to master these basic techniques, and even now I'm still trying to master them. Well, first, make the distance between your feet shoulder-width apart, to distribute the weight of the sword... um... then like this, hold the grip of the sword properly, make sure the position of your fingers on the provided grooves makes you more comfortable holding the sword, and... maintain body momentum and arm movements to support a good sword swing,' Orion explained briefly.I nodded and started practicing what he taught. Relax, maintain body posture, firm grip, and swing while maintaining body momentum and using agile and controlled arm movements. It seemed fun. I kept repeating it, and yes, it wasn't as difficult as I thought.'Maybe like this, swoosh... or swungg.... or slash..., yes, maybe it's better now,' I muttered to myself while continuing to pay attention to my arm movements and the position of my feet, shoulders, and my whole body. 'Ah, not good enough, try again. Open up, relax, lift, focus gaze, control, swing, hold, yes maybe it's better now,' I muttered to myself without paying attention to anything else but my sword.

Suddenly Leonidas's voice echoed in my ears, 'You... impressive warrior. Not even an hour of practice, and you've learned many techniques. Good job, Orion, you've helped your friend progress rapidly. And many new techniques that I haven't taught you yet, you've practiced them well. Keep practicing!' 'Thank you, Instructor,' I bowed, and continued my training. 'You're amazing..., Hector,' Orion said in admiration but instantly turned into a tone of despair. I stopped, then asked, 'What's wrong, Orion? Is there something bothering you?' Orion shook his head, and remained silent. 'Come on, tell me,' I urged. Finally, Orion revealed, 'You're so good at sword fighting, I didn't even make any progress after a month of training, and yeah... even until now I can only stay here, and never get to a better position. Oh, don't get me wrong, Hector. I admire you, and... it's just that... I always feel left behind and lonely. Maybe you will keep advancing with others getting better ranks, and I will just stay here...,' he said softly. Finally, I understood his feelings. Maybe Orion isn't good at fighting, maybe he's weak, but he's a good friend and very caring. I gave him hope and encouraged him, 'Of course you will master all these techniques, and you will accompany me, and we will fight together. Let's pinky promise, promise that we'll always be together - and don't feel small anymore.' Orion's eyes teared up, and hoarsely he said, 'Thank you, Hector. You're a good friend. I won't forget my promise to you today.' I smiled, as did he.

"Hey, you two lazy warriors, I asked you to practice and not to chat. You, new recruit, don't get too big-headed just because I praised you a bit, thinking you're already great, there's still a lot you need to learn. And you, Recrue Orion, you're pathetic, so practice more!" Knight Leonidas scolded, standing right in front of us. "Yes, Instructor, please forgive us," we both said, bowing.We spent our time on that field practicing and sharing. Orion told me techniques he had learned before, and I tried to master them. It was enjoyable, having a friend to share and practice with.Before we knew it, 3 hours had passed. "Attention, Recrue. So much for today, tomorrow we will practice some new techniques and I will also show you how to use other swords. Remember that these exercises are only simulations of real situations. Although we use wooden swords for safety, the techniques and strategies we learn can be applied in real combat. These exercises will help build a strong foundation in using single-handed swords. Do you all understand?" Knight Leonidas said before closing today's training."Understood, Instructor," we said in unison."Good, Recrue. Keep up your spirits, keep practicing diligently. Return your training swords to the weapon storage warehouse, and all disperse!" Leonidas said as he left the field."Alright, Instructor. Thank you for your guidance," we said in unison, bowing, then hurried to return our swords to the storage warehouse.

"Ahh... our training is finally over, ah so exhausting," I said as I stretched my arm and shoulder muscles. Orion smiled at me, and suddenly he said, "Eh, don't forget to come to Stadtbibliothek Schwartzmann at 4:30 p.m." "For what?" I asked curiously. "Huh, don't you ever check your gear, Hector?" Orion asked back. "Never, I don't even know what it's for? I only used it once, because Val wanted to see the data of my character," I replied.Orion laughed, saying, "Hector, Hector, you're really funny. The gear you're using is a treasure for you. There, you receive notifications, check your schedule, also when you check your health or visit a place, it can act as a verification device. And you can also use it for transactions because all your salary and bonuses will be recorded in your gear, and you can scan your gear to the payment device. Your gear can also enhance weapons or swords you use. And most importantly, that gear is your lifeline, protect it with all your soul and body. If your gear is damaged, especially the core chip embedded in your gear, then your identity in this virtual world will be lost and cannot be recovered!" "Really?" I asked in surprise, "but we went into the lake without taking off our gear! Doesn't water damage electronic devices?!" Orion smiled reassuringly, then explained, "Don't worry, friend, our gear is actually a tough device. Our gear is made of Titanium alloy and a synthetic metal called Sturdium. This metal alloy makes all devices made from it lightweight, rust-resistant, resistant to impacts and drops, not easily reactive to external elements, and so on. You don't need to worry too much." "Ahhh... thank goodness, you really surprised me," I said relieved.

And we spent the 15-minute journey with jokes and laughter. Truly, I really wished time would stop at moments like this - this precious time together made me not want it to end. Finally, the two of us arrived at the magnificent library, where my future fate would be determined. And here is where a new thread of fate in the chapter of my story as Hector would begin.

---------------------

Disclaimer:This story is purely a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, places, institutions, or events in the real world is purely coincidental. The author has endeavored to present information related to scientific applications and facts as accurately as possible, yet it cannot be avoided that certain modifications have been intentionally made for the sake of the storyline.It is important to note that scenes in this story are not recommended to be imitated without professional supervision as they may pose risks to oneself or others. Interpretation of this work is the responsibility of the individual reader, not the author.Therefore, it is advised for teenagers to seek guidance from parents or caregivers when reading this story.Additionally, it should be noted that all images used in this novel are solely for illustrative purposes to enhance the context of the story. Depictions of characters from image to image may not always be entirely accurate or exact due to AI-generated technology.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Exile: The Book of Ever Από James Cormier

Επιστημονικής φαντασίας

81.9K 5.6K 30
Centuries after the Fall, the United States has been wiped away. The crumbling remains of the great American empire are home now only to savage, lawl...
229 55 48
In a world shattered by fate, Erik fights to survive the aftermath of an abrupt apocalypse. After nearly a year of solitude, he's a lone wanderer - u...
Cytronica Από Ruben Stelliswolfe

Επιστημονικής φαντασίας

55.7K 4.7K 59
For students of the Wynter Academy, the virtual world of Cytronica is the perfect after-school hangout. A private realm just for them and the local b...
Echoes of Eternity Από H_Books20

Μικρού Μήκους

276 21 8
In the remnants of a world reshaped by cataclysm, survival is dictated by a harsh new rule - the survival of the fittest. Amidst the ruins, society h...