SAPIENCE

By tashah_rsc

"The greatest miracle is the salvation of souls" - Prophet Leslie. Salvation, although personal, should be sh... More

SAPIENCE: THE LIGHT SAGA
DEDICATION
VERSE OF THE BOOK
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
EPILOGUE
PROVERBS 2:2-11

CHAPTER 17

3 0 0
By tashah_rsc

Opening my eyes I looked to see Queen Shiphrah resting in a white arm chair. Her hair pulled back into a low and loose ponytail. Her eyes carried bags as her lips mumbled and quivered.

"You are a hearing God, I thank you Lord for hearing and answering my prayers." A tear stripped the side of her cheeks as she silently wept bitterly. She got up and stood in front of the bay window and I realised I was in my room.

Queen Shiphrah remained unbeknownst to my awakening. However, I was surprised to see Gabriel who came into the room. His hair was messily brushed backwards.

Behind him stood a woman I never thought I would see again. "This year just seems to be full of surprises." My voice was hoarse and thick, but it captured the attention of Queen Shiphrah, Gabriel and Ruth: the woman of Gabriel's nightmares and dreams.

Queen Shiphrah raced towards me and fell on her knees. "Oh the Lord is so kind and merciful," She hugged me and cupped my cheeks. "Are you okay?" I nodded and embraced her affection.

"What happened and why is Gabriel back?" I was confused.

"It has been a while brother but I assure you that things are far from getting back to normal." His childish tendencies seemed to have left him.

It wasn't long before I realised mother and father were in the room. Their gaze held firm on the two choice ladies of their sons. Katalina faced the room with a sombre and distant gaze.

"I'm very happy you're okay and well alive my son." My mother had tears streaming down her face.

"Because of your majesty, Queen Shiphrah here, proclaimed a fast throughout all of Jerome, in search of a favourable answer from her God." It was my father who spoke as though he had been convicted of something he usually would not have believed in.

"Did you fast?" I curiously questioned him and he blushed.

"Yes I did. We were all so very concerned." He breezed in a quiet manner.

Katalina sat down in the armchair that I first saw Queen Shiphrah in. "apparently there is another me,"

"And she's allied with Caleb." Queen Shiphrah carried a gaze that troubled my spirit. I wondered if she wistfully thought of returning back to Caleb.

Her gaze held my own as she tried to figure out what was going through my head. "Her name is Deborah, and she was one person who led Caleb astray from the Lord. Little did I know that she had any relation towards you all. But she was, however, my best friend in my youth."

"The way you speak is as though you have lived on this earth for an eternity. What is your age?" It was my father who admired the way my Queen Shiphrah spoke so eloquently and with such wisdom.

She smiled in a gentle manner but never uttered a number. "What use is it knowing my age? Is not my character one to be sought after?"

"You know mine," I whispered so only she could hear. Remembering that I had told her my age when she asked in the carriage, I tried to guess her age. But she squeezed my hand before she went back to the window.

"The things of the Spirit go beyond that of the flesh. The matter at hand here is to understand where Malissa, my cousin Paul and my nieces could be." She smoothly shut down everyone's curious gazes.

"Your Paul's Cousin?" It was Katalina who was intrigued as my father and mother fell on the couches defeated. "This is all just a mess." My father racked his hands through his hair.

"Paul is like a brother to my Cousin, a man named Prophet John-David, thus I call him my cousin." Shiphrah clarified.

Katalina cast her gaze to the floor and everyone remained grim.

"My God is the God of the impossible. And if he has delivered Our King Dakota here from the hands of death and the hand of our enemy, do you not also believe that he can rescue those who have gone missing?" Shiphrah uttered as she regarded everyone present.

"Do we not belong to the Lord? If we acknowledge Him, will He therefore not do it again?" I supported Shiphrah in her strong faith to the God of Prophet John-David.

Katalina was enlightened and I knew that the Holy Spirit was welcomed here as a refreshed radiance consumed the people with us.

"I believe in God... But, is no one going to talk about the fact that there is another Katalina named Deborah here?" Gabriel scoffed and our parents sighed as though they were heavily burdened.

"Our family is notorious for birthing twins. When we gave birth to Katalina and Deborah, you were both still so young and knew nothing." My mother started in obvious dismay as she held my father's hand.

"We had just formed an alliance with King Malachi's father as during that time, twin girls were being hunted for and annihilated." My father presented as he lay his other arm on the headrest of the couch.

"What does King Malachi have to do with all of this?" It was Gabriel who asked this as he leaned against the wall. Ruth quietly drew nearer to him in a silent and graceful manner.

Her gaze never met mine, rather she faced the floor, silently remaining invisible.

"King Malachi's Father was a man of war and had the highest form of defence and protection in the world. But he was also the man who married my sister." Mother continued as she reflected on the past.

"He promised us the protection of our dear Katalina and Deborah on two conditions. One of the girls lived as a commoner with no visitation from us, and as a Kratian citizen. While one of the boys married his dear daughter Kristina." My mother gripped her hands together.

"How would that work if they were the children of your sister?" I asked as Queen Shiphrah sat next to me.

"King Malachi's father loved my sister very much. But she died before giving birth to any children. In his pain and grief he sought to have a part of her with him through us. So he married another woman who gave birth to his children.-

We were the second most powerful nation following him and the world knew it. To further make his regime perfect and completely powerful, he wanted us to reign as one nation by getting his daughter to marry my dear Dakota.-

His reign was beyond the European continent and ours over the west African, south European borders. With us as one, we would have been the most dominant and largest nation in the entire world. It helped that Kristina and Dakota in their youth loved each other, at least until their tragic separation.-" Mother swallowed and teared her gaze from us before continuing.

"Now King Malachi is doing it only to avenge the promises of his father which has chained us all to the ground." My mother and father both held each other in a graceful manner and I realised just how heavily burdened they were.

Now a sudden realisation and understanding consumed my heart; I now knew at this moment that my own salvation was not intended to be selfish and for my own sake. But to lead my whole nation and my own family to God.

"We understand should you be bitter towards us...We should have let you all know a long time ago." Father bit into the silent room.

"It's a lot to process, but we understand." Katalina whispered. "It makes me feel guilty as I have been living in lavish and wealth, while my own twin was living a life I know nothing about."

Ruth silently comforted Katalina.

"Taking into account Queen Shiphrah's words, let us now focus on seeking the Lord." Ruth softly interjected.

"Let us gather the carpenters to build a temple that will be dedicated to the God of Prophet John-David. There we will continue to be in fellowship with the face of the Lord." I informed everyone, in which I sent Lucy with a word to gather and inform all the carpenters.

"For now in this perilous time, we will seek Him regardless of the absence of the temple." I concluded.

Remembering the promise Prophet John-David gave to me, I made haste to build the new church and made sure to build a dwelling place for the Prophet himself and his wife.

Therefore I sent Gabriel with a scroll with what it ought to be built like.

Now, I also sent everyone else out so that I may have quality time with my wife.

She hummed a familiar tune, Heaven, and I let her lean on my arm. I rubbed her arm and let the melody soak in the atmosphere.

"Soooo, how old are you?" I hummed and she gently laughed.

"Is this why you sent everyone out? For my age?" Her cheekiness caused me to smile with her.

"Partially yes." I answered honestly. "And I wanted to spend a bit more time with you."

"23." She hummed.

I triumphantly grinned. "I'm older than you by 4 years."

"Alright my King, you want a cookie for that?" She mischievously uttered.

"Nope, save it for the birds." I tickled her and she shrieked. Max rushed into the room assessing the situation of any plausible danger. Thus, Queen Shiphrah hid under the blanket in sheer embarrassment.

"We're fine Max" I laughed before he casually and knowingly left the room again.

"How long have I been unconscious for?" I asked Queen Shiphrah after some time. She sighed and pulled the hair clip that tied her hair.

"3 months Dakota," I choked on my saliva as I realised how much time had gone by.

"You're joking right?" I asked her as she ran her hands through her hair.

"I'm not kidding, it's been a very long and tempestuous 3 months." She leaned against me and I resisted the urge to wince out of pain.

"The children, Malissa and Paul, did you ever manage to figure out where they are?" I shuffled up a bit to become more comfortable.

"No, they're still missing with no direct lead. But there is something I don't understand," She held her chin.

"What is it?" I enquired.

"How were they able to enter and exit the premises of the palace without getting caught?" It was a question I didn't have answers for.

"I speculate a traitor and I have an assumption." I perceived as I held her hand.

Reflecting on my past life and assumptions I commanded for Troy's presence.

"King Dakota," Troy was firm in his stance as he entered my room. Queen Shiphrah migrated from my bed back to the white arm chair.

"I understand that there have been a series of events that took place under my roof. I believe you are my most trusted man of war. I also believe that you'd do everything it takes to keep the palace safe. But at what cost has it given you?" Troy remained emotionless.

"I am honoured you perceive me as your most trusted servant. I don't understand what you mean though." I knew Troy had somewhat sworn to a sort of secrecy but I wanted him to confess it all to my face.

"I know that when Kristina and I were together she left me for you." Queen Shiphrah whipped her head towards me in shock and surprised horror.

Troy took a step back before he squinted his eyes. He however remained silent. "They are your children aren't they? Why not take your position as their father because I can see that there is more to Kristina and yourself." I beckoned in a humourless grin.

Troy looked out the window in a painful manner that even gripped my heart. "I can't." The man looked vulnerable and for the first time he crumbled in my presence. "I can't"

"Why," Queen Shiphrah tenderly comforted the man as though she were his mother.

"Because of your father. Kristina and I were in love before you and her became united. Your father sent me to war to get rid of me but I survived. When I returned rumours of my death circulated and thus she was married to you." Troy wiped his eyes and ran his hand through his hair.

"Why would he send you to war, especially without my knowledge?" I sparked with prolonged suspense.

"Because I am my mother's son." He spoke in parables and in such a way I couldn't understand. I urged him to explain himself.

"What could you being your mother's son have anything to do with sending you to your grave at such a young age?" I asked him, curious and anxious as an unsettling and uncanny feeling settled in my heart.

"To hide the fact that I am your brother, though through another woman." A shattering sound resonated throughout the room and I realised that both mother and father were in the doorway. Gabriel and Katalina behind them.

"Is this true?" I had never seen my mother so distraught as she was when she discovered the faithlessness of my father. My father was pale and looked defeated.

"I feel sick" Katalina ran to the bathroom and Queen Shiphrah and Ruth followed her. Gabriel clenched his fists as the realisation sank in.

"How many more siblings do we have and know nothing about? How many more lies are told and truths hidden." It was Gabriel who spoke so brashly. Unrelenting of the hidden emotions he tried so hard to conceal.

"How old are you?" I asked the man.

He stood up and returned his piercing gaze towards me. "28" he was a year older than me. "I'm not after the throne. I just want my family and peace."

"How do I know that?" It was my father who glared at him. He showed him no love but conveyed hatred. "You and that wretched woman."

"Emmanuel?!" My mother slapped my father across the face just as soon as my wife, my sister and Ruth returned. "How could you show such hatred towards your own son!"

"He's not my son!" My father barked.

"This man is my most trusted Soldier. He repaid me with no hatred for your own insolence. Many times my life has been in his hands and he spared me. If it is Kristina you want, you can have her. I'll hold another official meeting in the presence of the royal courthouse for your own sake. I will even help you clear up this mess." I ordered and reassured Troy.

For the first time, Troy actually looked genuinely happy. "Thank you."

"What happened to your mother?" It was my mum who asked this question as my father stormed out of the room. "She passed away a long time ago."

"I have learnt many things from the time I spent with Queen Shiphrah. I have welcomed her as my daughter and I also welcome you as my son. No longer will you say your mother has passed away but that I am right here. I will be your mother." Troy covered his eyes as if his burden had been lightened.

"Thank you." He whispered. "You are, however, much too kind."

"Well, I guess this solves everything. If only we knew sooner." Gabriel laughed and I couldn't help myself but chuckle too. This though, left Troy confused.

"Father promised Kristina that one of his sons will marry his daughter. We've resisted for a while but now that we know you're here, you're the answer to our prayers AND his brash promise." I joked.

"Right, throw me to the underdogs" he laughed before he grimaced.

"I mean they are your in-laws." I chuckled at his audacity to comment about his family.

"Are you serious about Kristina and I?" He asked me.

"I thought what could I give you to repay you for all that you have done for me. You risked your life to save the son of your father. So the least I could do is grant you the desire of your heart." I stood up shakily with the help of Queen Shiphrah. "I too also welcome you as my brother, Prince Troy." He scratched his head.

"I don't know if I can be recognised as a prince." He murmured.

"Did you not hear our mother? You are her son. And you are our brother. Thus making you a prince. Ask me whatever you desire, I can make you the head ruler of the provinces of Jerome. Though you'll be working hand in hand with our brother Gabriel."

"I'm not sure-" Troy started.

"Nonsense brother, at least the burden will be shared. It will relieve me, trust me." Gabriel patted the back of Troy.

Katalina shyly, and lightly tapped Troy's arm. "I heard that you have a sister. Does that make her my sister too?" She blushed.

"If you want her to be." He nodded with a happy smile. Katalina hugged Troy and welcomed him.

"Does this mean that he isn't the traitor?" Queen Shiphrah asked.

"Traitor?" Troy guffawed in shock.

"We've been trying to figure out who let the enemies in." I stated grimly with squinted eyes.

"If I may, I know who let them in." Ruth spoke and everyone became quiet.

"You do?" I asked her.

She took a shaky breath before she said something that didn't make sense.

"Are you sure?" I asked Ruth again as we went back down into the patrol room. The men showed us some sketches taken of from the palace journalists and artists. The last thing we saw was Malissa captured running out of the palace gates with King Malachi holding her hand.

"Who would have thought our dear cousin could be so cunning and dangerous enough to betray us." Katalina spat.

"She's in love." Ruth spoke quietly. "In the hands of the wrong person, love can be a deadly weapon."

"I thought being a King meant handling the problems of the people. I didn't realise even my own family was the cause of the problem." My sarcasm broke everyone's serious demeanor into humorous grins.

"By the way, how did you manage to see them?" Queen Shiphrah asked, as curious about the matter as we all were.

Ruth's gaze was distant as she looked towards Gabriel. "It's not the first time I have seen them together."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 104 11
#updatedversion2016 Some may perceive this as a Good News but other may think this is a bad news. Good News to those who will believe but to those un...
171 18 15
Who gets to rule the vast world? Who decides the fate of every being? And on what grounds do they have the final say? ***** The Supreme God of the U...
3.7K 920 35
Dani has loved Josh since high school. It started out as a crush, but a senior trip changed their lives forever. Suddenly, they were making a movie a...
3.1K 460 22
Welcome to the minds of diverse Christian teenage girls and the problems they face with supposed true love, heart break, pain, dejection and relation...