Bulletproof my Heart

بواسطة funfusion

He was never just a bodyguard... Aisha Mehta, the daughter of a renowned high-profile politician was born and... المزيد

1. Ugh. Monday. Again.
2. I will tie your hands, there's a rope right here.
3. He is strictly off limits.
4. Let's pretend this entire conversation never happened.
5. Stay in your room. Okay?
6. Can you stop saying my name?
7. I am tired of me being the only one embarrassed all the time.
8. I was so fucking scared.
9. I am supposed to survive weeks here? Impossible!
10. I know you want this too.
11. I think I can manage a little flirting.
12. I am a woman and I was overthinking.
13. What games are you playing, Nimit?
14. You are still fully dressed, unfair.
15. How can he sleep after hiding such a horrible thing from me?
16. Hilarious, you are getting a sassy streak.
17. How long were you two together?
18. So, he's a walking talking red flag?
19. That's what you want to do, steal?
20. He looks like a dishevelled pig...
21. Are you sure he's just a bodyguard?
22. I didn't leave because I didn't want to be with you...
23. You have me wrapped around your little finger
24. Then do it. Fuck me.
25. And he just left? Without a fucking goodbye?
26. At least the person you want isn't ignoring you.
27. The bedroom only has one single bed.
28. The nightmares you get, they are-
29. Are you insane! That was a designer dress!
30. I have never fucked a bald guy.
32. Guess he didn't want me.
33. Did I open the door to heaven?
EXCITING NEWS!!!

31. Will we ever have it easy?

40 10 5
بواسطة funfusion

How's life going on? 

Chapter 31. Will we ever have it easy?

Aisha

I trace the scar on his left shoulder, lightly, softly, making sure to not wake him up. My eyes drift upwards to gaze at his face, he looks so peaceful like there's not a thing to worry about. But I can see the hint of dark circles under his eyes and his face looks a little sunken. I dread to think what he must be going through. I watch the soft rise and fall of his chest, a gentle rhythm that matches the quietness of the wee hours. First sun rays spill through the curtains, casting a golden glow upon his face.

I marvel at the way his lashes rest against his cheeks. How can a man have such beautiful eyelashes? What does he do? Apply castor oil every night?

I reach out, my fingers barely grazing his cheek, tracing the lines of his jaw with feather-light touches. Despite all the intimate moments we shared, this – this feels more intimate than any of those. I feel like I am trespassing into his blinding hurricane but I don't care, I have survived worse.

My mind drifts to his nightmares and I am glad he's not getting one now. The thought of his vicious uncle burns fury into my veins and I take a deep breath, trying to control my rage. I move back a little, lowering my eyes to his thighs. My breath gets caught in my throat as I see the proof of his tragedy, light cigarette burns cover his skin, faded with time but scarring enough to leave a lifetime of misery.

"It doesn't hurt." His tone is gruff as he answers my unspoken question.

I lift my eyes to meet his, forcing a soft smile. "I am glad."

He leans forward to kiss me but I back away, pressing the back of my hand over my mouth. "Um, I didn't brush yet."

An amused smirk plays on Nimit's face, his blinks languidly. "I fucked your pussy with my mouth and you are worried about morning breath?"

My cheeks tint pink at his blunt words but I don't stop him as he lowers my hand and presses a long deep kiss on my closed mouth.

"Good Morning." His whispered words tingle against my lips.

I can feel my heart hammering in my chest, overflowing with love and gratitude for the man next to me. I can't believe I actually woke up next to me.

Who says dreams don't come true?

If you chase them enough, they certainly do.

"Good morning, indeed," I whisper back, smiling shyly at the man I know I am falling in love with.

If there's a way to stop myself from falling in love, I don't want to know it.

Nimit gives me another kiss before getting off the bed in all of his naked glory. He is clearly confident in his own skin and he should be. That man can make a Greek God whistle in appreciation.

"What are your plans for today?"

I shrug a shoulder, stretching my arms and noticing his eyes pause briefly on my breasts. He visibly gulps, forcing himself to look away. I fight back my pleased grin. "Well, I do have some ideas on how we can spend the day."

Nimit chuckles, putting on his boxers. I frown as my delicious view is blocked by a piece of cloth. Lucky cloth, getting to touch him so closely... so frequently.

"I bet all of them involve us in the bed." Nimit teases and I wink back at him. "Not all, some of them are in the shower, against the door, maybe that old chair in the living room."

Nimit sighs and even though I know what he's going to say, it still hurts. "Aisha... last night was..."

I jump out from the bed, combing through my messy hair, trying to mask my heightened level of disappointment and distress. "A one-time thing?"

"Fuck no!" Nimit's tone is rough, ruthless. "You are mine, Aisha. I told you that yesterday and I meant it. You are stuck with me. Last night was definitely NOT a one-time thing. It's going to happen again and again and again and again until one of us is dead."

I catch his heated gaze, the grim determination warms my heart and kills the doubts lurking in my mind. "Is that a proposal?"

Nimit shakes his head. "You'll know when I propose."

When... not if. Oh, my sweet heavens!

"So what do I do now?"

Nimit comes closer, wrapping his arms around me and pressing a lingering kiss on my forehead. "Give me some time. I need to sort this out. I can't protect you if I am in danger, Aisha. And these people, if they come to know how important you are to me... they'll use you to get to me and I cannot have that. You are far too vital for my sanity to get dragged into this. if something happens to you..."

The words hang in the air and he doesn't need to complete the sentence because I understand it. it's exactly how I feel about him.

If something happens to him... I'll kill the person who hurt him and then go crazy, struggling between living and dying.

Nimit rubs my upper arms, spreading warmth and comfort. "I am going to find out where my Uncle is hiding and I am going to end this once and for all. Then, we are going to find out who your stalker is and what really happened to your mother."

I close my eyes, resting my forehead on his chest, listening to the steady beating of his heart. "Will we ever have it easy?"

"Probably no. Because after all of this, we still need to talk to your father about us."

I intertwine my fingers with his, letting his hand swallow mine and provide the solace I desperately crave. "But we are in this together?"

"Every step of the way." He wraps his arms around my body and I feel myself melting into him, our bodies fitting together perfectly like two pieces of a puzzle.

His embrace is firm yet gentle as if he's afraid to break me yet afraid to let me slip away. I stand on my toes and bury my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent, memorizing the feel of his skin against mine. And despite all that is yet to come, I know that everything will be okay. No matter what challenges lie ahead, as long as we have each other, we can survive any storm.

.

.

I smile apologetically at Greg who doesn't return the smile. I can only imagine the trouble he must have gotten for losing me in a café. But Jace was the one who subtly suggested me to run away and Nimit was the one I went to – so both of his bosses shouldn't be too hard on him. My father... that's another issue.

"I am sorry about running off like that," I mutter as I pass him my peace offering – a coffee with no sugar and no milk. Yuck.

He accepts the coffee and takes a sip, sighing with respite at the taste. His reaction makes me frown in concern. How can anyone drink that swill? I can't even digest the stink.

His shoulders relax and I take a long sip of my sweet hazelnut latte. He looks at me. "Please don't do it again. I don't want to be fired and your father, he can be very -"

I smile sheepishly. "I know how he can be. I'll handle it, don't worry. I already told him that I was with Sania and we had gone camping in an area with low range."

"Excuse me." Someone says from behind me and within seconds, Greg is on his feet, his gun pointed at the person. I turn around to see a young woman standing with wide eyes, staring in horror at the barrel of the gun.

She looks to be around 18 or 19 years old. Her chestnut hair cascades down in loose waves, framing her heart-shaped face and something about her feels oddly familiar. She shifts her weight from one foot to the other, anxiously looking at me and Greg as if she's fighting inner turmoil.

I tap Greg's arm, motioning him to lower the gun. After a reluctant pause, he does it. I smile at the young girl, she's dressed in plain blue jeans and a pink frill top. Her white shoes are dirty around the side and her nails are broken and bitten. At first glance, she looks elegant but at closer inspection, it seems that she's faking her fortune. A range of questions swims in my mind as I smile at her. "Hello, how can I help you?"

She licks her pink lips, smudging the lipstick a little. "You are Aisha Mehta, aren't you?"

Greg stiffens, his hand still locked onto the gun, ready to fire or tackle her to the ground if needed.

"I am." I nod, my curiosity peaked. "And you are?"

"I am Lena Simmons."

I rack my brain for any similarity or connection with the name but come up empty. I have never heard of her. "What brings you to me?"

Her shoulders stiffen and she lifts her chin, eyes blazing with untamed determination. "We need to talk. I am your half-sister."

---

Oh yeah, half-sister... lots of questions going to be answered soon.

Keep reading, voting and commenting your guesses!

Love ya!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

22.3K 1.5K 29
YUVAAN ♡ ESHA Yuvaan Mehra, a tenacious investigator known for his keen instincts,finds himself entangled in a web of secrets when assigned to a bewi...
365K 19.6K 63
Meera Raichand: Daughter of Annie and Arjun Raichand. She's sweet, caring and loving. When she loves someone she loves them fiercely. She wanted to s...
194K 16.7K 64
She had always heard, "Her Mr. Right would bring shimmering stars from the sky while she can just sit back and enjoy", and she had always told hersel...
188K 15.1K 56
His Girl series #1 When you're destined to be with the person you love, none can rip you apart. Akruti Arora, an innocent soul yet beauty with a brai...