Til the end with you

By Klolynn95

Everyone avoids chaos. Everyone runs from it. Me? I find peace. I shut off everything and everyone. Especia... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

1 0 0
By Klolynn95

He kept walking and without looking at me he just mumbled, "He's fine ". 

I kept looking at his face, seeing his jaw clench and unclench. I decided not to say anything else. He brought me to a room, laid me on the bed and left. I stayed in the book looking towards the door he exited, for what felt forever. Did he really just leave me here? A second later he walked back again this time with a female wearing white, guess he just went to get a doctor.

 " Hello Nova ", she greeted me walking towards me looking me over. 

" How are you feeling? What hurts? ". 

" I'm fine, really just a little banged up, you should see the other guy ", I said jokingly, looking towards Creed but I quickly shut up when he didn't smile and just stayed with a frown on his face. 

The doctor noticed it too, " Well, I'm just going to check you up and make sure everything is good okay? I'll be right back ". 

She just smiled and left the room leaving me alone with Creed. 

" I'm sorry ", I whispered first. 

He looked up at me, his jaw clenching again.

 " You shouldn't have left the house Nova ". 

" I wanted to see Lark. I wanted to make sure he was okay ". 

" What do you think would have happened if I didn't make it there on time?... I don't know why, but If something happens to you... ", his voice cracked. 

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. 

" I'm sorry Creed ", I breathed out.

 I don't know how to feel. His confession opened something in me, it should feel wrong, but it's quite the opposite. He makes me feel things I haven't felt before. We stayed comfortably silent when the doctor came to check on me. After making sure everything was good she allowed me to leave. 

We made it back to Creed's home, " You should go rest. I have a few things I got to do, will have dinner later okay? ". 

Without letting me respond he exited again, leaving me alone. I sat down in the foyer, just staring into space. I completely dozed off after a while. When I woke up the sun was almost setting already. I got up stretching my aching muscles. 

" Creed? ", I called out.

 I was greeted silently, it seems he still hasn't made it home. I decide I'll start making dinner. I made my way to the kitchen and started looking at all the ingredients he had. I decided on something simple, some pasta with pesto sauce. I was finishing making the salad when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked towards the door to see Creed standing there, arms crossed with a small smile. 

" Hey I didn't hear you come in ", I said, putting the bowl down on the table. 

He chuckled and made his way to the table and sat down.

 I sat down in front of him, " This smells and looks amazing ", he complimented. 

" Thank you ", he added. 

He began eating, " So where did you go? ", I asked him. 

" Just a few meetings about the conflict at hand ". 

" You mean the war going on with the humans? ". 

He looked up from his plate, " Nova, is more complicated than you will know ", he said. 

" So then tell me, please. I might be able to help ". 

" I'm human, I might be able to help come up with a solution to end this conflict ". 

" But that's the thing Nova you're not just human, you are a half breed ", he explained. 

" We don't know that yet ", I defended. 

He looked at the pendant, " Not only are we at war with the humans but we have conflict with our own as well... you see there are Jagers that want to control the humans. To take over and make them slaves. This war has been going on for many years ". 

I was confused, " What do you mean many years? How long ago are we talking about? ", I asked him. 

" Well humans think this started when the invasion happened but this war between the Jagers started almost a millenia ago ". 

It makes no sense.

 " The conflict started because Malakhi wanted power. My bloodline is of high royal blood, my family made sure to keep the peace between us and humans for as long as I remember. We had an agreement to not cross over each other's world no matter what. Malakhi broke that agreement the day of the invasion ", he said. 

" So that invasion fourteen years ago was led by Malakhi? ", I asked. 

He just nodded, " That's why I'm here trying to find him. He's the one that has been causing trouble with the humans ", he added. 

" Why not explain that to the humans that you have encountered? ", I asked, confused again.

 " We tried, but we just came to the conclusion that they will see us all as just plain monsters that they need to kill on site ", he frowned. 

I sat there thinking, I looked down just playing with the pasta when I had an Idea. 

" Let me go! Let me go back to them. I'll try to make them see that you are not the enemy, that you are trying to help ", I explained. 

" No, I can't ", he said immediately. 

" Come on Creed... Please! I have to try. If they see that I'm unharmed and safe they might give me a chance to explain ", I beg. 

" I don't want to risk, besides, what makes me so sure that you won't spill on all you have seen? ", he stated.

 That made me frown, " Is that what you really think I will do Creed? Have I not shown you that you can trust me? ", I was hurt, he thought that. 

At this point I was annoyed, I stood up the chair scraping along the floor, I slammed my fork down on the table and left the kitchen going upstairs to my room. I slammed the door shut and huffed out. I can't believe he thinks that low of me. I shook my head and headed to the bathroom. A shower might help me calm down. After the shower I got dressed and headed back to my room only to find Creed waiting there. I ignored him as I went into the closet to find a sweater. 

" Nova, I didn't mean what I said to sound like that. It's just I need to make sure my people are protected at all times, and they see humans as the enemy for all the killings they have endured ", he tried to explain. 

" How about my people Creed!?!? We have suffered too!! I know now that you are not the enemy, but they don't know that Creed. All they see is that the Jagers are all the same. Who's going to explain that to them? ", I gritted out. 

I was so frustrated at this point. 

" I know and I'm sorry! I didn't want this conversation to go this way ", he apologized. 

His face was replaced with remorse. 

" I want to see Lark. Now ", I demanded. 

He held my stare and finally nodded. 

" I'll have them bring him here if that's what you want ". 

" Yes ", I said, crossing my arms over my chest. 

He left my room in silence after that. I decided to go down to the foyer to wait. After an hour the front door opened, I heard multiple footsteps. I stood up just as Echo came into view. Walking right behind him was Lark chained and glaring at everyone. 

" Why is he chained? Take those off. Now! ", I glared at Echo.

 He looked over at Creed for confirmation. Creed gave him a quick nod. Echo took the chains off as I walked towards Lark, embracing him. 

" I'm sorry Lark ", I said as I pulled back to look at him. 

" Are you hungry? I've made food, come ", I grabbed his hand and gently pulled him towards the kitchen.

 I served him a plate and sat with him on the table. He gave me a weird look, glancing at Creed who was standing near the door glaring. 

" Do you always treat all your prisoners like this? ", he snarled at him. 

" No I let them starve until they start eating their own shit ", he snapped back.

 " Creed!! Enough... Lark please! ", I begged both of them to behave. 

" Lark, please tell me where my sister is. She needs to know I'm alive and well ". 

Lark, looked at me and then picked up the fork and began eating. I sigh I went to say something when Echo walked in and whispered something to Creed. 

" What's going on?", I asked.

 Creed looked up at me, " The girls are here with Ms.Rosin ". 

At that moment we hear giggles. 

" Creed!! ", I hear Poppy shout running towards him. 

I stood up as I saw she reached him. Looking behind them I saw Gwen rushed towards me, "Nova!! ", she shouted. 

I opened my arms to embrace her tightly, " I've missed you so much. Look me and poppy made matching bracelets ". 

" It's so pretty, my little coconut! ", I said to her. 

" Gw... Gwen? ", Lark whispered looking at me and Gwen with wide eyes, his mouth opening and closing. 

Gwen snapped her head towards Lark and gasped, " Lark!!! You're here!! ". 

She ran to him and hugged him tightly. Lark was speechless looking at me in disbelief while hugging her back. 

" Are you okay? How are you here? ", Lark breathed out. 

" In a sparkly spinning thing ", she said giggling. 

Lark was confused and looked up at me for an answer. Before I had a chance to answer Gwen spoke up again, " Lark? Where is mama and papa? ". 

Lark looked back down at Gwen and crouched down to her height, " They are safe, they are just in a little trip but they will be back soon. They will be so happy to see you, they miss you ". 

" I miss them too ", Gwen said sorta sad. 

" Gwen? How about you and Poppy go with Ms. Rosin to the garden? ", Creed gently offered her. 

Gwen's and Poppy's eyes lit up and they both started jumping up and down. 

" Ok ok ok let's go you two and be careful no running ", Ms. Rosin shouted going after them. 

I was smiling at them watching them run out laughing. Someone cleared their throat making me look up at Lark again.

 " How is she alive and here? With you? ", he asked.

 I looked back to Creed and he was already looking at me. I turned back to Lark, " Creed... saved her. He brought her here to the children's camp. That's where we found each other. I haven't left her side ever since ".

 Lark snapped his head towards Creed, " You?... You saved her? ", he scoffed.

 Lark shook his head not believing, he looked at me again, " Is that what he told you? And you believed him? ", he snapped. 

" You got to be fucking kidding me Nova! ". 

Anger starting bubbling inside of me, " Creed has shown nothing but kindness. He hasn't done nothing but make sure Gwen and I are safe. There is so much you don't know ", I raised my voice. 

" Oh but you do? ", he bit back, coming close to me. 

Creed stood closer clenching his fist.

 " I don't know all of it neither but I've seen things. Things that make and don't make sense. Creed has been nothing but nice, yeah he's a Jager but he is the good guy ", I defended.

 We just stared at each other until Creed broke the silence, " Nova, why don't you go check on the girls I'll talk to him ", he whispered. 

I looked at him, he must have sense the fight in my head, " It's okay I promise ".

 I looked back Lark who sat back down to eat. With a sigh I exited the kitchen and headed towards the back where the garden is. Opening the door I hear squeals and laughter. Ms. Rosin sat in one of the chairs watching Gwen and Poppy chase each other around the garden. 

" Thank you Ms. Rosin, for watching over Gwen ", I tell her while taking a seat next to her. 

" It's nothing dear, I've been watching Poppy since she was born. She was always alone, I mean yeah there was other children but... well anyway I'm glad she has found her bestfriend ". 

She smiled up looking at the girls. We sat in silent for a few minutes enjoying the weather. 

" I know ", I said. 

Ms. Rosin looked over at me confused. " I know she's his daughter ", I said to her. 

She looked surprised and shocked. 

" He told me... I think it was hard for him to tell me but he did and I'm not anyone to judge. I'm just happy that he's there for her even if she doesn't know. I looked back at Ms. Rosin and she was smiling at me.

 " I'm surprised he told you. The only other person that knows is Echo ", she said. 

I wonder if she knew Poppy's mom. I wanted to know about her. 

What was she like? " Ms. Rosin? ".

 " Hmm? ".

 " Did you knew Poppy's mom? ", I asked softly. 

She looked at me quickly. 

" Yes... she... well Vaessa was a gentle soul. She was the definition of an angel. She was loved by everyone but the one thing she loved to do is spend time in the garden... I guess that's where Poppy's love for flowers come from ", she said smiling.

 I looked back at Poppy smiling and running along side Gwen. 

" But, It's not my story to tell, but if he has told you about his daughter I'm sure that when he is ready he will tell you. Just please go slow with him, her death almost killed him ", she said looking at me serious.

 At that moment the girls noticed me and came running over. 

" Nova, Nova, Nova look we got you flowers ", they shouted in glee. 

" Thank girls, these are lovely ", I said hugging both of them.

 We heard the door opening, I turned in time to see Creed walking out with Lark and Echo following. Creed made it to and the girls, he gave me a look as if saying we'll talk later. He looked down at them and smiled. 

" Come on Gwen, we are leaving ", Lark spoke up, standing a few feet away from us. 

I whipped my head to look at him confused, " What? ". 

" What do you mean we are leaving? ", I asked confused glancing at Creed. 

" Where are we going? I want to stay with Nova? ", Gwen said holding on to me tighter. 

" Gwen, your mom and dad are waiting to see you again. Don't you miss them? ", Lark asked her softly.

 " Mama? ", Gwen asked curious now. 

" Yes, she misses you ".

 I looked at Creed for explanation but nothing, he stayed quiet. Gwen looked up at me, " Will I see you again Nova? ", she asked sadly. 

" Of course my little coconut, we will see each other very soon again ", I said hugging her.

 " Beside I need you to look out for Dicey for me. You miss him don't you? ". 

She nodded her head frantically. I stood back up and watch her walk towards Lark. 

He looked at me, " Come with us... Your sister misses you and so does Dice... come home Nova ", he pleaded. 

My eyes teared up, shaking my head, " I can't, not yet. I have so much to do, I'm sorry ", I whisper shamefully. 

He stared until Gwen grabbed his hand. He then turned towards the door not before glancing back at me, giving me one last look. Creed then said something to Echo, who then followed Lark back in through the door.

 " What happened? ", I spun on my heels to face Creed. 

" Where did Gwenny go Creed? ", Poppy asked sadly. 

Creed looked down at her, " She had to go princess ". 

" Why? Did she not want to be my best friend anymore? ", she asked him with teary eyes.

 " No no no that's not it, her mama and papa misses her and the want to see her. You will see her again princess I promise ", Creed told her wiping the single tear that fell. 

Ms. Rosin stood up and grabbed Poppy's hand guiding her inside. After she disappeared inside I asked him again, " What happened Creed? ". 

He took a seat and motion for me to do the same. 

" I told him the truth. He didn't believe at first but I showed him ", he said. 

" What truth? ".

 " About everything, about how I'm not his enemy, about who truly invaded your planet. I told him about the half breeds ", he explained. 

" Did you tell him about me? ". 

" What? That you are a half breed? No, because we don't have proof yet. I mean yeah you have my pendant but we need actual proof. It's why we need to find your parents ". I let out a sigh.

 What will happen when Lark get back to the rest? Will Nyx and Dice be happy I'm alive? Or will they be mad that I stayed with the Jager? So many questions running through my head right now I felt dizzy. 

" Talk to me Nova, What are you thinking? ", Creed asked me. 

" I don't know... what will happen now that you let Lark go back? ". 

" I don't trust him Nova ", he said. 

" Then why let him go? ", I asked confused.

 " One, I sent Echo to gather info and two, you trust him and I trust you ", he said never breaking eye contact. 

" You trust me? ", I shakily asked. 

" I don't know how you did it but it's a feeling I have to trust you ". 

We spoked for a while longer until my stomach started rumbling. He let out a chuckle, stood up offering me one of his hand and led me back inside. Ms. Rosin made Dinner, so we ate dinner with her and Poppy. Watching Creed interact with his daughter even though she doesn't know made me feel butterflies in my stomach. After dinner I offer to help Poppy get ready for bed. 

" Nova? ", she whisper. 

" Yes princess ".

 " Are you going to stay here forever? ". 

Her question made me freeze up a bit. 

How do I answer that question now? " Why? Do you want me to stay here? ", I answered her question with a question. 

" Yes! You can be my mommy... I like to pretend Creed is my daddy, and it's perfect because you love Creed and I love you guys already ", she tells me happily while putting her PJ shirt. 

For a moment there I forgot how to breath. My heart shatters a bit at her confession. 

I smiled a bit at her, " I will always be here for you princess, you hear. How about I tell you a bedtime story? ", I replied.

 " Yes Yes Yes, but can we get snacks first? ". 

" Of course come on, put your shoes on ". 

She jumped up from the bed and put her shoes on. I waited for her next to the door. We walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I sat her down on the island and opened the fridge. 

" Hmm, how about some fruits with whip cream? ", I asked her. 

" I don't know, I've never had whip cream ". 

I grinned and pulled out some strawberries and grapes. I cut some up and put all of them in a plate and poured whip cream all over. I grabbed a spoon and gave it to her. 

" Go ahead you will love it ". 

She took a big spoonful, I watched for her reaction. Her eyes got so big and she broke out a big smile.

 " Ohhh Nova that's good!! ". 

After she was done I grabbed the plate and placed them in the sink. 

" Alright, come on story time ", I announced. 

I picked her up and went upstairs to her room again. I tucked her in and began my story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 120 28
"Please don't leave me I don't want to be alone." Nova says grabbing his hand clinging onto him like he was her saving grace. "Are you sure?" Daisuk...
183K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...
318K 9.2K 60
..••°°°°••.. ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Atlas Toren Status: Completed I felt the comfort of the dim white light and blinked haphazardly as the car began to turn...
829 11 28
354 years after the most devstating chemical war destroyed most of the earth and living matter on it, the world has almost finished healing, but that...