Heartbeats and Handholds

By Nishu_writes

Ryan Davidson, an endearing, fun, reckless, daring, and yet heartbreaker. For someone like him who is only in... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight

Chapter five

81 8 0
By Nishu_writes

Mia pov:

I had agreed to go with Ryan but I am still having anxiety about it. I had seen the sincerity in his eyes when he told me that he had no ill intentions for me that's why I had agreed to go beside his explanation was valid that it was practical if I went with him to his apartment because the dorm is far and in this rain, I won't find any vehicle and it won't be even safe. I was just hoping that it won't be that bad and I won't regret my decision.

As we reached his apartment, he unlocked the door and guided me in. I was so hesitant to go inside his apartment, I was still having second thoughts but again, I remembered how he said, "Trust me, Mia, I have no ill intentions towards you, I just want you to be safe that's why I am asking you to come to my apartment.". As I remembered those words, I don't know why but I could not help but blush and smile.

We went inside his apartment and anyone could tell this apartment belonged to a bachelor. A set of comfy couches, a few beer cans shattered nearby, a tidy kitchen with few dishes that need to be done, exercise equipments including dumbbells, punching bag etc and a video game controller joined in TV.

I stood there awkwardly as I saw he started to jerk off water drops from his hair, his clothes were fully soaked and his t-shirt perfectly clinching over his perfectly muscular body, I could see his abs and he looked so attractive. No wonder every girl wants to be with him. I have never been someone who checks out guys like that and maybe it was also because I have never interacted with many guys and even when I did I had always been too nervous to even look at them but I was seeing his every move as he was running his hands towards his hair and.....

"Do you want me to take off my t-shirt so that you can get a better view?" he teasingly asked me. I quickly realized I had been ogling him for too long now and he noticed it. I was so embarrassed, and I quickly looked down not knowing how to answer his teasing "Uh.. I .. I was not..." I couldn't bring myself to look at him or even bring myself to complete that sentence.

"Chill Mia, I was just teasing you" his playful tone softened a bit, maybe he noticed I was nervous. I slowly lifted my eyes to see his face just to notice his head was a bit inclined his head pointed little towards my chest. As I looked down, I realized that my clothes were soaking wet too and I was wearing a white T-shirt which meant he could see through my T-shirt. And oh god ... was he looking at my .... I quickly crossed my arms on my chest and turned around looking around nervously.

I am feeling so exposed right now. I was clutching my t-shirt tightly when I felt a jacket being draped over my shoulder. I turned around and saw Ryan had draped his jacket over my shoulder and he quickly just stepped back and I used it to cover myself. As he stepped back, his confident, playful, and charming demeanor was replaced by a bit of vulnerability. It was the first time I saw a bit of hesitancy in his eyes. Was it because he felt my vulnerability?

"I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I swear it's not what you are thinking Mia" he apologized as his eyes met mine. Honestly, I had not expected him to apologize like that and step back like that. "It's fine" I replied as I was still clutching the jacket.

He offered me to shower and he gave me his clothes to change. As I changed into his clothes, his clothes were too big for me- his t-shirt reached my mid-thighs, and that's it? Seriously, he just put on his t-shirt for me to change? Like how can he expect me to just wear this?

I went out and saw he was also changed in pair of a white sleeveless t-shirts showing off his biceps and joggers. Couldn't he give me joggers as well? I was feeling so shy and embarrassed to go in front of him just in his t-shirt. As I made my way to him he was just inclined on the couch looking so relaxed. When he saw he bit straightened up on the couch and his eyes were lingering again small smirk tugged his lips making me more self-conscious than I already was.

Ryan pov:

As I just settled on the couch, Mia came wearing my t-shirt, she was looking so adorable with such simplicity, no one has ever looked so cute and beautiful wearing my t-shirt. The T-shirt seemed too big for her, she was looking so nervous as always and trying to pull the T-shirt to cover more of her legs. Why was she trying to cover more? She looked so pretty and as my gaze traveled a bit to her slender legs I noticed there was actually a burning scar on her legs, just above the knees. I wonder how she got that burning scar.

"Can you give me your trousers as well?" She asked slowly, her voice shaky, as she continued to pull the t-shirt lower. I then remembered that she was not like the other girls who came into my flat. She was different. Normally, those girls would be fine just wearing a t-shirt, so I didn't thought to also provide something to wear underneath that.

.

"Of course Mia, I will just bring you my trousers" I answered and lent her my trousers. As she returned wearing my trousers it looked so big on her as if she was drowning in my clothes. She was wearing a white T-shirt with a pair of black trousers, her hair in a messy bun, her make-up was gone, not like she used a lot of make-up but still, she was walking towards me and literally I could feel her soft and gentle vibes. She looked so uncertain and hesitant when walking toward me.

"My clothes suit you, little sheep" I teased her looking at her nervous demeanor. I can't believe I just gave her a nickname. But really, for her timid, gentle, innocent, and submissive personality, this nickname suits her so well.

" L...Little sheep?" her eyes narrowed in confusion and I couldn't help but chuckle at her confused reaction. "You remind me of little sheep" I tried to reason with her but she still looked so confused as she wrinkled her nose, so adorable. It was also new to me because if I had given a nickname to any other girl they would have gone crazy but she was looking at me with such a questioning and confused look.

" what do you mean I remind you of little sheep?" she asked softly as she looked at me and took a seat on the sofa. "I will maybe tell you someday, Little Sheep. But for now, it's your nickname" She looked at me with a questioning look. " We are now friends right so one friend can give another friend nicknames right?"

Her confusion deepened as she was like, " Friends?" and I gently just smiled, "I mean we were working on the project together, and well you trusted me enough to come with me so that makes us friends right?" as I said this she again looked at me as if she was having so many thoughts. Why the heck she was thinking so much like I had just said that we were friends and she was looking at me as if she was debating if she trusted me or not. I was a bit frustrated so I said in a bit cold tone, " If you don't consider me your friend, it's fine" she looked at me with wide eyes and she quickly looked away. Oh gosh, why did she looked away like that? Did I scare her with my tone? 

I quickly composed myself and restrained myself from overthinking. Maybe she finds it hard to talk to people. I quickly changed the subject and asked if she was hungry and she slowly nodded. "I am not much of a cook but I can make noodles" I offered and her smile widened a bit as she nodded and she also offered me to help.

We both went to the kitchen and I tried to engage her in conversation but her answers were guarded I was frustrated but I did not show it because I could see that she was still hesitant even if I had reassured her now for the 10th time that it's fine and make herself at home. She cut the vegetables, boiled water, and cooked with such ease, that it was as if I was not even doing anything she was doing all the work and I was just encouraging her to talk more.

Author's Note:

Hey, thanks for reading! I hope you had fun with the story. I haven't been getting many votes or comments lately, so if you enjoyed it, please leave a vote or a comment. Your feedback means a lot to me! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 3.1K 63
Taylor West is the epitome of self-reliance. Or she must be. Relationships are fickle. Despite finally enrolling in her dream studies and thriving in...
80.1K 2.2K 66
Ricky and Nini have been best friends since kindergarten. They've had their ups and downs, but always found a way to stay close. But what neither of...
91.6K 960 77
WARNING: WHOLESOME, BUT SMUTTY AS ALL HELL When Blake meets her roommate's boyfriend, Liam, he immediately recognizes her as a camgirl. He's more em...
249K 10.6K 54
Mia Hill. College bound with an athletic scholarship. A go-getter with big dreams and a fully thought out plan to make sure they come true. But with...