The Senior [Completed]

By GabrielleChnc

Sophia Williams is beginning her high school life. She goes to Oxford High School. A high school where Dylan... More

Chapter 2 - Flirts
Chapter 3 - Prank Day!
Chapter 4 - Chemistry
Chapter 5 - Basketball and Parties
Chapter 6 - Track Team and... Date?
Chapter 7 - What's Going On?
Chapter 8 - Kiss
Chapter 9 - High School Musical
Chapter 10 - Awkward
Chapter 11 - Winter Formal
Chapter 12 - Fist Fight
Chapter 13 - The Crush That's Not Really A Crush
Chapter 14 - Private Rehearsal
Chapter 15 - Dooms Day
Chapter 16 - The Senior
Chapter 17 - Awkward Encounters
Chapter 18 - City Views
Chapter 19 - Shawty
Chapter 20 - Awkward Breakfasts
Chapter 21 - Kissing Other Girls
Chapter 22 - The Musical
Chapter 23 - After Party
Chapter 24 - The Final

Chapter 1 - Freshman

12.6K 210 41
By GabrielleChnc

I groaned as I listened to my brother and his friends play their incredibly loud and incredibly terrible music. The band, if you could even call it that, sounded like a dying cat.

I tied my long dark brown hair up, trying to finish packing. Unlike my older brother Jason and his obnoxious friends, I was trying to pack my bag for the start of school tomorrow. I was nervous to say the least - my first proper school experience. I was going to be a freshman at Oxford High School.

Just as I finished putting the last of my books in my bag, the door to my room burst open and Dylan came bounding in and jumped on my bed. His two friends followed - Jacob and Michael. I groaned.

"What do you want Dylan?" I sighed as I tried to push him off my bed, unsuccessfully.

"Well little sister, we were just coming to see how Oxford's newest freshman was going?" said Dylan with a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes, "She's fine thanks,I replied bluntly.

Jacob and Michael laughed from the door way. Dylan and his friends were constantly playing pranks on me, but I somehow always managed to get them back. I knew that there was a day dedicated to pranking freshmen during the first week, so I knew that Dylan and his friends would definitely target me.

"Is the little freshman nervous?" cooed Jacob from the doorway.

I raised my eyebrow, "No, but if I remember correctly you cried on your first day of high school so I think I'm doing just fine."

That immediately shut Jacob up. He was so scared for high school that he had cried on the drive there on his first day. It was a very sore topic, and I knew that my brother, Michael and my dad were the only people that knew about it. I, however, thought it was rather funny.

"You should talk to seniors with respect," said Michael staring at me, "Otherwise you might just be targeted on prank day."

I ignored him. I knew that any freshman that tried to fight back with the pranks was only targeted even worse. I would just have to suck it up for the day. 

"You know, everyone's actually really excited to meet my little sister," said Dylan grinning at me as he kicked his shoes off and fully lay down on my bed.

I shrugged. Dylan and his friends were all on the basketball team, so they were definitely in the popular crowd. I had met some of their girlfriends before, so I knew the kind of people that they hung out with. Basically, jocks and cheerleaders - so I doubted that I would fit in well. I was more into athletics, and wanted to be on the track team.

"But," continued Dylan, staring at me seriously, "Don't even think about going for any of the senior guys. Actually, don't go for any guys. If someone even hits on you just let me know."

I scoffed, "Yeah whatever Dylan." He could be way too over protective for his own good.

"Oohhh is Sophia thinking she's going to score herself a boy this year?" asked Jacob, who had  obviously recovered from my previous comment about him crying.

"Actually I don't think it's any of your business who I hang out with," I shot back.

"It is if it's some peverted senior who just wants to fuck around with you," said Dylan.

"Aw cute sibling moment," said Michael from the doorway, "And I hate to interrupt it, but let's go watch our movie guys."

"Finally," I muttered under my breath as they left my room.

"Sorry Sophia, we'd invite you but you're not actually old enough to see the movie," called Jacob with an evil grin.

I rolled my eyes. I loved my brother, but his friends were some of the most annoying people I'd ever met in my life.

---------------------

That night, I slept restlessly, as I was kind of nervous about the next day. I had arranged to meet my bestfriend from middle school, Emma outside the gates of school. Emma had always had a major crush on not only my brother, but also his friends. I couldn't blame her, I guess they did have that whole 'high school jock' look going for them... but what she didn't see was how annoying they could be.

When I eventually awoke after being asleep for only a few hours, I got dressed and let my naturally wavy dark brown hair fall down my shoulders. I put on minimal makeup and decided on wearing a pair of faded black converse. 

I went downstairs to find that my dad had already left for work, and to see that the boys were all asleep on the couch. I rolled my eyes as I went over to them, shaking Dylan awake.

"Get up, you're going to be late," I said as he looked around sleepily.

He slowly stood up and stretched, "Ah I guess you're right, probably shouldn't be late on the first day. And the little freshman can't be late either, considering I'm driving you," he said with a grin.

I left him to wake up the other guys, while I went and made a coffee in the kitchen.

I sat down at our counter, sipping on my hot coffee. I always hated the first day of a new grade, because it made me miss my mother even more. She had passed away two years ago, and I knew that she had always looked forward to my first day of high school.

I quickly brushed away a stray tear that had fallen just as Dylan walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, you okay Soph?" he asked, obviously having seen the tear.

I nodded, giving him a small smile. He didn't seem to buy it however, and walked over to sit next to me.

"Is it about mom?" he asked softly, knowing that this was probably what I was upset about.

I nodded again, refusing to let any more tears fall.

He gently placed his arm around my shoulder, "She'd be proud, you know."

I nodded once again, not trusting myself to speak.

Eventually, I removed myself from Dylan's grip.

"I'm fine," I said giving him a confident smile.

He raised his eyebrows, "You sure? It's okay to miss her sometimes Soph."

"Yeah, I know, but seriously, I'm fine," I muttered as I put my coffee cup in the sink.

I knew he didn't really believe me, but he let the issue go. I never really spoke to anyone about Mom. Dad always avoided the issue, and I didn't ever want to make Dylan upset.

After what seemed like ages, the boys eventually were ready to go to school. I swear they took more time getting ready than I did... but I suppose they had to keep up their image as school jocks.

We walked out to Dylan's car, where he got in the driver's seat and Jacob called shotgun - leaving me in the back with Michael.

"What's up Sophia? You seem quiet" asked Jacob.

I saw Dylan stare at me in the mirror, making sure that I was fine. 

I laughed it off, "Nothing's up Jacob," I replied, giving him a grin.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Michael furrow his eyebrows, staring at me.

Hopefully no one could tell that I had been crying. I guess I couldn't really pay out Jacob about crying on his first day anymore...

When we arrived at school, I saw a very nervous Emma standing by the gate. She seemed to lose all her confidence when I walked over with the three seniors.

"Hey Soph," she said shakily.

I grinned at her confidently, "Hey Emma," I replied, giving her a quick hug.

The three guys went off to find their friends, leaving me and Emma to fend for ourselves.

"You look different," said Emma to me. I raised my eyebrows.

"Really?" I replied, "I look the same as always!"

She shook her head, "Nope, you got a bit taller, and I don't know.. you just look, older."

I grinned at her, "Well, OH MY GOD, I finally grow up " I said sarcastically.

She chuckled, "Okay, now you seem exactly the same."

As we walked through the gates, I heard Dylan calling me over to his group of friends.

I walked over to them, wondering what was up.

"Guys and girls, this is my sister Sophia," said Dylan proudly, showing me off to his group, which I assumed consisted of the most popular people in the school.

They all awed at me, saying that I was cute. And one guy even asked whether I was off limits. Dylan, however, promptly whacked him over the head. I giggled at them, before waving and heading back over to Emma.

On my way back, I heard someone say to Dylan, "Dude she's hot, watch out."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that was just typical boy talk. There was no way any boy was going to find me 'hot' here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Hella guys! :D I make a new story, which is not a fanfiction :D

So, because I'm new to other genres, please be nice hehe :)

Please vote, comment and fan ! :) Constructive comments are very much welcomed :) tell me what do you think about this story, or whatever to improve my writing skill :) 

Anyway hope you guys like this story, enjoy! :D

 Cheers,

GabrielleChnc <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 108 27
Aaliyah Spencer is just your average high school senior. She has the of course over protective mother, a head full of dreams and a long year ahead of...
172K 2.2K 40
Sofia Bordelon is like a normal teenage girl. Beside the fact she is Bart Bordelon's daughter! Barely anyone knows that Bart has a daughter so when h...
3K 156 13
Emma Goodwin is a junior in high school. Straight A student and passionate about music, she always dreamed of finding happiness in life and somehow...
459K 9.3K 59
#1 in youngadult as of December 2018 NEW VERSION on my profile, now COMPLETE!!! This story is super cringey and the new version is way better, so ple...