Who's Afraid of Little Old Me...

By ohrudolph

❝Who's afraid of little old me? You should be. ❞ Looks like K... More

characters
playlist
1 - new position
2 - friendly
3 - who tf
4 - stalker
5 - talk ur shit
6 - twin
7 - late
8 - blind, deaf, mute
9 - ik everything abt you
10 - facebook
11 - save me kate
12 - don't knock it til u try it
13 - ice skating
14 - nothing!
15 - private story
16 - bloody nose
17 - dinner
18 - matcha
19 - i'm sick
20 - block you
21 - who's afraid of little old me
22 - birthday
24 - hotel room
25 - trash talk
26 - cutting ties
27 - thanksgiving
28 - thankful
29 - breakfast
30 - plane
31 - christmas goodbyes
32 - who's kate
33 - golden retriever
34 - my cool girl
35 - not the same
36 - the christmas fumble
37 - idgaf war
38 - the night we met
39 - private but not a secret
40 - dui
41 - new york looks good on you
42 - happy for u
43 - lax szn
44 - scandal
45 - basketball!
46 - love is in the air
47 - big 10
48 - march madness
49 - sweet 16
50 - elite 8
51 - final 4
52 - thank you seniors
53 - draft night
54 - the end of an era
the end

23 - bus

2.3K 65 39
By ohrudolph

Charlotte

(irl + imessage)

The girls had an away game tomorrow, the drive was three hours.

Kylie and I were sat together on the bus, Kylie was scrolling through TikTok and so I watched with her. I promised myself I wouldn't use my own phone this whole bus ride since I was basically on it every living moment of my life. Kylie and I were loudly laughing at stupid TikToks, specifically the ones that had like 2 likes. Next to us on the other side of the middle aisle were Kate and Jada and in front of those two were Parker and Caitlin.

"You guys are so loud." Jada complained.

"Parker hasn't woken up yet so I personally don't think we're loud enough." I said.

Parker was currently fast asleep, her head on Caitlin's lap.

An hour went by. I stared straight in front of me, bored out of my mind.

Kylie stuck her phone camera in my face, posting a picture to her private story on Snapchat.

"Kylie I swear to god." I said.

Kylie just laughed at me and started snapping people back. God, I hated watching Kylie snap people, the head tilt to the side, the weird eyes staring at the camera, it was definitely not a sight I wanted to see right now. So I decided to look at a sight I did want to see, Kate Martin.

Kate sat comfortably with a blanket on top of her. She had her headphones on as she scrolled on her phone. Kate was always so peaceful and calm, definitely the complete opposite of me.

Kate made eye contact with me. "What happened?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing." I laughed. I had just scared the poor girl just by looking at her. She always thought she was in trouble.

"Oh." Kate shrugged, going back on her phone.

"Kylie, kick my seat one more time and I'm gonna kick you in the face." A voice called out from directly in front of Kylie. Then a head popped up, Gabbie's. She gave Kylie a death stare before sitting back down. Kylie just laughed and lightly kicked Gabbie's seat again.

"Kylie!" Gabbie yelled.

"I didn't mean to." Kylie lied.

I laughed at the argument, opening up my MacBook and going onto YouTube. Kylie and I were both obsessed with watching police body-cam videos so I put one on, giving Kylie one of my AirPods.

Three minutes into the video and Kylie and I had already found something hilarious, we were obnoxiously cracking up and everyone was looking at us.

"Sorry." I shrugged, trying to contain my laughter.

Another hour went by, Kylie now half asleep scrolling through TikTok, her thumb kept falling onto her screen and holding down on a video that had been playing on repeat for about ten minutes now. Jada was scrolling through Instagram and Kate was rummaging through her bag. Gabbie and Sydney were asleep and Caitlin was on her phone, Parker still asleep in her lap.

The bus all of a sudden got very cold, my hands made their way to my arms, rubbing up and down.

"You cold?" Kate asked. I looked over at her and nodded my head. "You want my blanket?" She asked.

"No, you're using it." I said.

"It's fine." She smiled.

"No it's not." I argued.

"Want my hoodie?" She offered.

"Fine." I said. She took off her hoodie, leaving her in a t-shirt. She threw it over to me and I put it on. Her last name was on the back so I felt extra cool, getting more comfortable in my seat.

When I knew Kate wasn't looking anymore, I shook Kylie awake, throwing my hand on her mouth before she could yell at me. I pointed to the hoodie.

Kylie's eyes widened, her hand replaced mine on her mouth. I just laughed at her expression. She grabbed her phone taking a picture of me in Kate's hoodie.

Parker had finally woken up, looking around confused. Caitlin just got up, pulling Parker with her and dragging her to the bathroom. They returned within 30 seconds. Parker's hair was not a mess anymore and she looked way more alive. I wish I had a Caitlin. Someone who would just take care of me when I couldn't take care of myself.

Finally I broke my no phone promise and decided to text someone.

iMessage
kate!

charlotte :)
thx for the hoodie

kate!
oh of course
you look cute in it

charlotte :)
awww
meet me in the bathroom?

I got up, walking to the bathroom, I noticed Kate's eyes following my every move. A minute went by and I heard a knock at the door. I opened it, revealing Kate.

"Come in." I laughed.

She walked in, closing the door behind her and doing that cute thing where she puts her shoulders up and just stares with a small smile.

"Kate, I know you're shy, so you have to kiss me firs this time." I said.

"What?" Kate questioned.

"If I kissed you first, would you kiss me back?"

"Definitely."

"So kiss me."

I was shocked Kate actually did it, she leaned it, placing her lips on mine. She pulled away and just stared me dead in the eyes.

"You did it!" I smiled. She smiled right back at me, this time with those bright white teeth.

"See ya." I said, pushing through to get out of the door.

I returned to my seat, Jada, Caitlin, Parker, and Kylie all looking confused. I just raised my eyebrows up and down super fast and smiled at them, sitting back down.

Kate returned after a minute or two.

"Is it okay if you and Charlotte room together?" Jada asked, referring to the hotel room situation. There was only one bed in each room so the original plan was for me and Kylie to room together, Jada and Kate, and then Caitlin and obviously Parker.

"Yeah that's fine." Kate said.

"Sorry, me and Kylie decided we needed to stay up all night and play Dress to Impress on Roblox." Jada said.

"You guys do your thing." Kate said.

Great. I was stuck in a hotel room with only one bed. And not just with anyone, but with Kate.

author's note
awwww
haha
i have the whole rest of the book planned out
so there won't be any weird random chapters anymore
trust
🫡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.5K 20
❝I'VE NEVER KNOWN SOMEONE LIKE YOU, TANGLED IN LOVE STUCK BY YOU, FROM THE GLUE.❞ & IN WHICH THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SWEETHEART KATE MARTIN FINALLY GETS...
24.4K 623 16
Olivia Hartley. Born a basketball player but forced to be a photographer. When she tores her ACL, she decides to transfer schools and start l over a...
9.7K 179 19
22 year old Charlie never thought she would have to see her again. Falling in love with Paige was the easiest thing that she ever did, but having to...
45.1K 770 31
❝ All of my whole life through I never love no one but you ❞ Fem oc x Kate Martin