The White Tiger

By AdventureWriter17

This is the story of a pretty, young girl. She is fifteen, turning sixteen in a few days. She is excited to s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 56

23 2 0
By AdventureWriter17

 "Jay!" I called through the mind-link. No answer. "Jay, open your mind-link for Pete's sake! This is an emergency!" I growled in frustration.

 "What's wrong, Elena?" Charlie asked, looking up at me.

 "Jay must still be in training. He isn't responding to my mind-link." Elanor looked up at me, a worried look in her eyes. I took a deep, calming breath before placing my hand on her shoulder. "I'll keep trying. It's gonna be ok. I promise." She nodded slowly, giving a small smile. I sighed. "Ash, you better help me keep that promise." I muttered under my breath.

 "Jay! Jay, quit training and answer me! Before the fairy dies!" I yelled into the mind-link once more. I was beginning to worry and panic but I was trying not to show it. Ash did not look good at all. He was breathing heavily.

 "Elena? What's going on?" Jay's voice finally rang through my mind.

 "Finally! It's about time! We need you over at Kallan and Rose's house now!" I exclaimed. 

 Jay didn't stop to ask questions. He could hear the urgency in my voice. "I'm on my way." he said firmly. "What's happened, Elena?"

 "Ash is dehydrated. Apparently fire fairies get dehydrated easily. That's why they need lots of fluids. It's pretty bad when a fire fairy is dehydrated. Not like when we get dehydrated." I told him.

 "What do you mean? Is he alright?"

 "We're not sure. They've been trying to get him to drink, but it hurts too much and he's too weak. He's also having trouble breathing. His body temperature is rising. Dangerously. We're taking him to the hospital now." 

 I could hear Jay growl at my words. "I'll be there as fast as I can. Try not to worry, alright?" With that, the link was closed.  

 I sighed heavily and turned to the others. Kallan and Caspian were helping to hold him up, keeping him on his feet. Rose and Coral were holding Elanor comfortingly. "Jay is on his way." I said. They breathed a sigh of relief.

 "Elena, how are we going to get him to the hospital? We don't have a car." Kallan spoke up. 

I thought for a moment before my gaze landed on Rose. I smiled. "Rose, you're a fast flier, right?"

 "Yes, I am. I'm not as fast as Ash though." she responded. 

 "Good. Do you think you can fly him there? You're the best chance we have right now." 

 She smiled determinedly. "Do merfolk have tails?" With that, Rose transformed to her fairy form and picked up Ash. 

 Ash groaned. "Put...M-me down...Rose..."

 "I will. As soon as my strength gives out or we're at the hospital. Or both." Rose replied sweetly. Ash glared at her.

 "Ash, please just try to relax...You need help." Elanor pleaded.

 "I hate....H-hospitals a-and....being carried....l-l-like I'm....A baby!" he protested. I rolled my eyes.

 "Just please try to relax. We're trying to help you. You'll only make things worse for yourself!" Elanor took his hand in hers. 

 Ash's eyes were wide as he looked into her pleading eyes. "Alright....f-firefly...I'll try...F-for you..."

 Elanor smiled and kissed his cheek. Ash seemed to calm down a little. He gave her a small smile. I smiled at the scene, my arm around Charlie. Caspian opened the door and with that, Rose flew off, Ash in her arms.

 Charlie looked up at me, a worried look in his eyes. "Is he gonna be ok..?"

 I sighed, shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know. But we're doing all we can to make sure he's alright. The doctors will do the same." Charlie nodded. "C'mon. We better follow Rose and Ash."

 The others nodded and we all headed out. We ran in the direction of the hospital. About half way, we saw Jay running towards us, a pair of clothes in his mouth. His face was grim. He was in wolf form, running as fast as his legs could carry him. He ran alongside us as we hurried to the hospital. At this point, I wished I had brought the car. I would have shifted into my tiger, but I didn't want to leave them alone. Especially Charlie. I knew those four were very close. Rose, Elanor, and Kallan were very worried, that much was obvious. And Charlie had grown fond of the four. Especially of Ash. His fire abilities seemed to amaze the boy.

 We'd finally arrived at the hospital, panting and out of breath. Well, Jay and Charlie actually were fine. Jay ran behind a tree and shifted back. He came back wearing a pair of pants he always wore for training and a white tank top. Rose was waiting for us just outside the hospital.

 "He's with the doctor now." Rose said, as we walked inside. "The doctor will come get us when he's stable and ready for visitors."

 "What happened? Why did he get so dehydrated? We've all seen how careful he is with how much fluids he has. This shouldn't have happened." Jay said firmly.

 "We're not sure...Lately he just seemed more tired than usual....And today, he just...He had a harder time breathing. And he was snippier than usual. No matter what we said, he just protested, saying he was fine." Kallan told him.

 "We tried to get him to calm down and drink something. But he didn't. He wouldn't even listen to me....Whenever Ash doesn't feel like drinking anything for some reason, no one except me can get him to drink something." Elanor said quietly. I frowned. Why...? Why did Ash get so dehydrated...?

 "I expect he's the only one who can really explain this." Jay muttered, his arm around me. They nodded slowly in response.

 "Jay, I want to know as much as you do. But we need to be gentle with him. Like we had to be with Kallan and Alec. Do you understand..?"

 Jay sighed heavily. "I understand. I'll be as gentle as I can. But I need answers, Elena."

 "We all do, Jay." Rose remarked, her arm around Elanor. "And I plan on getting them. Even if I have to stick a bunch of rose bushes around his bed."

 "Rosalie!" Elanor scolded, looking at her firmly.

 "What? You want to know just as much if not more than any of us." Rose stated. 

 "I know...But I don't want to force him or scare him into telling us..." she said quietly.

 "Gently forcing someone is sometimes the best thing to do." I told her quietly. "Though, I don't relish the idea of scaring him with thorns." I glanced at Rose.

 "Well, I'm not changing my mind. If I have to, I will." Rose stated.

 I chuckled before looking down at Kallan. He was sitting in one of the chairs. I went over and sat next to him. "Are you alright...?"

 "I'm ok..." he said quietly. He rested his hand on his torso. "Just thinking about Ash..." Kallan looked up at me, a frown rested on his face. "I am a merman. I can control water. And yet...I can't do anything to help him...."

 "Kallan..." Elanor's soft voice spoke. We looked at her. She walked over and sat down beside him, taking his hands in hers. "It's not your fault...Please don't blame yourself...I'm an elf with the ability to heal...Yet I couldn't do anything...Ash wouldn't want you to blame yourself. You might be a merman with the ability to control water, but that doesn't mean you can hydrate a fire fairy with it whenever they need you to. Plus, Ash hates getting wet."

 "That fairy hates everything." Rose remarked, her arms crossed.

 "He doesn't hate everything." Elanor defended.

 "Ok. He's just scared of a lot of things."

 Elanor rolled her eyes before turning back to Kallan and I. "Ash cares about all of us. He wouldn't want us to be so upset..."

 "Well, that's impossible when he's the one in a hospital bed." Kallan stated. "But...I know what you mean...Sorry.."

 "It's fine...And, you are right...It is impossible not to worry or be upset over this..." Elanor looked towards the hallway, frowning.

 I looked up at Jay, who had his arm around Charlie. He looked at me with a small frown. I could feel his emotions all over the place. Worry, anger, frustration, sadness...I could probably go on. I looked at the elf girl, who had tears rolling down her cheeks. She really loved Ash. They were strong and close in their relationship. I can imagine how much this hurts her...The same way I could imagine how Kallan's situation hurt Rose. 

 I sighed heavily. I just hope Ash will be ok...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 78K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...
1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...
13.1K 498 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...
194K 7.3K 27
Join Katherine as she runs from hunters she one of the last of her kind a were cat there's not many left. Werecat sand werewolfs no longer get alone...