Who's Afraid of Little Old Me...

By ohrudolph

❝Who's afraid of little old me? You should be. ❞ Looks like K... More

characters
playlist
2 - friendly
3 - who tf
4 - stalker
5 - talk ur shit
6 - twin
7 - late
8 - blind, deaf, mute
9 - ik everything abt you
10 - facebook
11 - save me kate
12 - don't knock it til u try it
13 - ice skating
14 - nothing!
15 - private story
16 - bloody nose
17 - dinner
18 - matcha
19 - i'm sick
20 - block you
21 - who's afraid of little old me
22 - birthday
23 - bus
24 - hotel room
25 - trash talk
26 - cutting ties
27 - thanksgiving
28 - thankful
29 - breakfast
30 - plane
31 - christmas goodbyes
32 - who's kate
33 - golden retriever
34 - my cool girl
35 - not the same
36 - the christmas fumble
37 - idgaf war
38 - the night we met
39 - private but not a secret
40 - dui
41 - new york looks good on you
42 - happy for u
43 - lax szn
44 - scandal
45 - basketball!
46 - love is in the air
47 - big 10
48 - march madness
49 - sweet 16
50 - elite 8
51 - final 4
52 - thank you seniors
53 - draft night
54 - the end of an era
the end

1 - new position

8.8K 126 36
By ohrudolph

Charlotte

(irl + imessage)

"Charlotte please turn that down." Annie called from the other room.

"Why?" I said plainly.

"Because that music is so depressing. How do you get ready with Scott Street playing in the background?" Annie questioned.

"Shut up, it's good." I said.

Annie stumbled into my room, rubbing her eyes. Her hair was a mess and I knew she had just woken up. Annie and I had been roommates together for years now and I definently had gotten used to her lateness. We have been friends since middle school and I used to have to crawl through her window to wake her up and get her ready in the mornings.

Annie and I both grew up in New York City so when we told our parents we wanted to go to Iowa for college they were in shock. I was in shock too but Annie wanted to go to Iowa so badly that she ended up forcing me to go with her and honestly, I have no regrets.

"Get ready. I'm not waiting for you." I said.

"Rude." Annie blurted out, slowly walking back towards her room.

It was the first week of school and I'd already gotten homework for some classes, which is ridiculous. This year would be my last one at Iowa which also meant it was the end of my lacrosse legacy here, but that also meant I would be able to start professional once I graduated.

I guess I'm well known, I'm the best on the lacrosse team and I'm a very social person. I usually have to stop and say hi to like twenty people on my way to class, which Annie gets very annoyed with.

I finished getting ready and grabbed my bag, walking towards the kitchen and grabbing my keys from the counter.

"Bye Annie!" I called out.

"Bye bye." Annie said.

I took the elevator out of my building and then got in my car, driving to campus. My apartment was only five minutes away from campus which wasn't bad at all. Once I got to campus I had some time before my first class so I went into a bathroom to check my makeup.

"Hey Char!" I heard a voice call out.

I looked into the mirror, seeing the reflection of one of my best friends, Parker.

"Parker!!!" I exclaimed, turning to her and giving her a huge hug. I haven't seen her since we left for summer break since she lives in Nashville.

"Oh my god, have you seen the new position that opened up?" Parker asked.

"What position?" I questioned.

"For the media team on the women's basketball team."

"Are you for real?"

"Yeah, they need a photographer."

"Are you going to apply?"

"Nope, I've already got a position for the women's volleyball team."

"So you think I should apply?"

"A thousand percent. There's flyers like all over the place."

Parker was right, I walked out of the bathroom to see flyers quite literally everywhere. So after all my classes I made my way to one of the gyms where the team practiced. I walked in, the whole team was huddled up in the center and the coach was talking to them. As the door closed very loudly, everyone turned to look at me.

"What's up Charlotte!" One girl called out. That was Sydney. She and I used to be really close last year but we didn't have any classes together this year.

"Can I help you?" A woman said.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm here for the photographer position." I said.

"Oh perfect, you got everything you need?" She said.

"What? I'm starting right now?"

"Yeah, you got the job."

"Oh my god. Okay, well I have like one camera in my bag but I have more in my apartment if you want me to go get them."

"No big deal, we're just shooting around today. Use what you have."

"Perfect, thanks." I smiled, walking over to the chairs by the bleachers and placing down my bags, grabbing one of my cameras that I literally took everywhere.

Once I got my camera all ready I started taking some pictures of the team all huddled up.

"Come here." Sydney called for me, so I walked over to everyone else. "Introduce yourself."

"Oh." I laughed. "I'm Charlotte." I said.

"You play lacrosse, right?" I heard a voice say. I turned my head to a blonde girl with piercing blue eyes.

"Yeah." I smiled, happy someone knew who I was.

"I've been to a game or two, you're really good." The girl said.

"Oh my gosh, thank you." I said.

"Okay let's get warming up. Charlotte, you just do your thing." The woman from earlier said.

I walked back over to the side taking pictures of the girls interacting with each other. They then started shooting around so I also took pictures of each girl.

After their practice, everyone went to the locker room, once they came out mostly everyone left.

Sydney came up to me, talking to me so we could catch up on everything. I noticed the blonde girl from before walking over to me.

"See ya." Sydney said, walking out of the gym. The blonde girl was now standing right in front of me.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hi." I said. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name before."

"Oh yeah, I'm Kate." She said. I felt bad that she knew who I was and I didn't know who she was. I mean, I knew so many people and I didn't know her? I even knew some of her teammates, like Caitlin obviously everyone knew her, and Jada, she was really funny. I felt so stupid that I didn't even notice Kate reaching for my camera that was on the chair next to me.

"Can I see?" She asked.

"What?" I was so confused as to what she was talking about.

"The pictures." She laughed.

"Oh my gosh, yeah of course." I said, shaking my head.

She already had the camera in her hands, so I leaned close to her, going through the pictures.

"These are all really good. Could you send me this one?" She said, stopping at a picture of her and her teammate, Caitlin laughing.

"Yeah of course, what's your number?" I took out my phone from my back pocket, opening up the contacts app. I handed my phone to her. She put her information in and then handed my phone back to me. "Thanks." I said.

"I'll see you around." Kate waved, making her way to the door.

"Bye, Kate." I said, smiling at her as she walked out.

iMessage
Kate Martin

Unknown Number

it's charlotte :)

Kate Martin
omg thank you so much!

charlotte :)
anytime

author's note
don't rly know where i'm going w this
but i promise i'll try to make
charlotte as likable as possible
!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 4.7K 57
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
105K 2.8K 28
UNDER RECONSTRUCTION! ❝I'VE NEVER KNOWN SOMEONE LIKE YOU, TANGLED IN LOVE STUCK BY YOU, FROM THE GLUE.❞
85K 2.2K 26
❝ clueless of all of the things i wish to say ❞ kate martin x fem!oc
54.6K 796 14
I haven't seen too many Caitlin stories so I figured I should take one for the team (Ps I've never written a fic but I've read plenty so why not?)