Re:Zero- Starting Life as the...

By Arcturus420

Subaru was a feared name in the Jujutsu world. He was cold and uncaring. Subaru had no interest in connecting... More

1

292 18 5
By Arcturus420

Geto Suguru stood in front of the old mansion and looked around. The walls bore the marks of time, filled with cracks and covered with the yellowed leaves of ivy. The tiles on the roof were missing in places, and the windows were broken. It looked abandoned, but Geto knew he had no choice but to enter.

He paused for a moment and thought, "Just go and ask, it's a simple job." It was a routine task for him, but the atmosphere of this place was somewhat different this time.

Gojo leaned against the car and turned to Geto, "Do you want me to come with you?" he asked, with a hint of concern in his eyes.

"No need, Satoru," Geto replied, looking at the two little girls in the car and smiling gently, "Don't worry, I'll be back soon."

He took a deep breath and walked towards the mansion's door. The wooden door creaked, and as he stepped inside, a cloud of dust floated up. The inside of the house was as unkempt as the outside; dusty, messy, and silent.

"Quite a mundane house for the most cursed man," Geto muttered.

Geto Suguru was once a cursed user, but now he had become a Jujutsu Sorcerer again. Mimiko and Nanako had a great influence on this transformation. They had helped Geto turn away from the dark path and shed light on him.

Normally, when a cursed user was captured, they would be executed, but it was different for Geto. He was able to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer again without his rank being lowered. This was due to a combination of many factors. High-ranking Jujutsu executives had tried to kill him, but there were many factors that protected him. Especially the support of his friend Gojo was of great importance. However, the protector this time was a very different influence.

Natsuki Subaru, also known as the Most Cursed Human, had protected Geto from the higher-ranking executives. Although Geto didn't know exactly how valuable Subaru was to him, he had heard that Subaru had even given valuable cursed items just to ensure that the higher-ranking executives left him alone.

A question lingered in Geto's mind: "Why did he help me?" He had only spoken to Natsuki Subaru once, and they didn't have a real friendship bond. When Geto saw him, he described Subaru as nothing but a "creepy freak." He seemed cold, silent, and constantly tired. There was an unknown sadness in his eyes, and his gaze was filled with a chilling calmness, as if he were bored of everything.

Natsuki Subaru was so unsettling that he seemed to alter the very air around him. He was like a hidden danger within the silence, pursuing something, but it was impossible to discern exactly what. There was no smile on his face, just a blank expression. Yet, this blank expression was more like the frozen surface of a dark secret.

Very little was known about Natsuki Subaru, and it seemed like the entire jujutsu world was trying to forget him. However, his name was well-known; he was referred to as "The Most Cursed Individual," "Lover of Death," and "The Most Cursed Prince in All of History."

Questions circled in Geto's mind: What was Subaru's intention, and why had he decided to help him?

As Geto entered a room, it was completely different from the others. It was clean and tidy, with a large bookshelf covering one corner of the room. Tables were arranged in a large U-shape in the middle of the room.

On the tables were capsules of different sizes. Some contained shapeless pieces of flesh, while others displayed human limbs. As a Jujutsu Sorcerer, Geto was accustomed to such things, but this many capsules were a bit much even for him.

Rare texts and documents related to ancient curses lined the shelves of the bookshelf. Each of the capsules on the tables was probably a part of a curse, and Geto was prepared to examine them. After all, such materials were of great importance in the world of jujutsu and could be powerful weapons when used in the right hands.

The room was like a treasure trove of knowledge. Geto patiently worked to unravel the secrets of these ancient documents and cursed materials. But in doing so, he would likely have made Natsuki Subaru his enemy. Should he take this risk?

Geto thought, "No, it would be foolish." But he still wanted to do it. After all, he could use these materials to develop his own cursed spirits.

As he continued his work in the room, he suddenly heard a chilling voice, "Why are you disturbing me?" Geto turned his head and saw a man sitting in a chair next to the fireplace in the room.

The man was a tall and slender young man with disheveled hair and orange eyes. He wore a black shirt with a purple sash-like fabric on both sides of his shoulders down to his thighs. It was tied tightly around his waist with a black cord, and he also wore loose black tights and a pair of lace-up knee-high boots.

Geto muttered, "Natsuki Subaru." He felt a mysterious aura around Subaru.

Breaking the silence in the room, Subaru continued, "What are you looking for here, Geto Suguru?" His voice was cold, freezing the atmosphere even more.

Looking into Subaru's eyes, Geto asked, "Why did you help me?" and added, "We are not friends, nor are we just enemies."

With an emotionless expression, Subaru said, "I didn't help you, I just repaid my debt."

Geto hesitated for a moment, "I don't remember owing you anything. Or is it because of Satoru--"

"It's not for you, or for that man named Gojo," Subaru interrupted, with a slight mocking expression. "I owed it to Mimiko and Nanako," he said, with a slight decrease in his voice, as if he couldn't even be bothered to talk.

Geto thought with astonishment, "Mimiko and Nanako?" What kind of kindness could those two little girls have done to Subaru to make him feel indebted? This question aroused even more curiosity in Geto's mind.

"What did they do to you?" Geto asked, looking at Subaru with curiosity. At that moment, he wanted to know what secrets lay behind Subaru's coldness.

"They made me smile," Subaru said, with a slight hint of joy in his voice, subtle but palpable.

He stood up and picked up his cane, which had a small skull-like handle. His eyes scanned the room, as if he were watching everything. Then he threw the book in his hand into the fireplace, and when the crimson flames engulfed the book, a slight warmth was felt in the room.

"I'm leaving now, Geto Suguru," he said, his coldness and determination in his voice unchanged as usual.

"But--"

"Or I'll kill you," Subaru added, without any flexibility in his eyes.

Geto hesitated for a moment, filled with mixed emotions. He couldn't make sense of this strange interaction with Subaru. But he had to take his threats seriously. Finally, he sighed and accepted, "Understood," and left the room. At that moment, many questions and uncertainties were swirling in his mind, but for now, he had no opportunity to find the answers to these questions.

After he left, Subaru stood still for a while, not taking his eyes off the burning book in the fireplace. He seemed lost in deep thoughts, as if he were recalling a distant past or a deep story.

The room was quiet, with only the crackling of the fire and the sound of the flames heard. As Subaru watched the dance of the flames on the book, old memories and recollections came to his mind. Once, that bracelet was supposed to remain as a memory, but now, his thoughts about it were more complex.

Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wooden box. When he opened it, he looked at the bracelet inside. It was an old bracelet, colorful and looked like it was made by a child's hand. It had given him joy and hope when it was on his wrist, but now, it evoked different emotions.

After examining the bracelet, Subaru put it back into the box and threw it into the fire. As he watched the box disappear into the flames, traces of the past floated in his mind. "I've repaid my debt, there's no need for it anymore," he muttered.

He took a few steps forward, but then turned back and reached into the fire to retrieve the box. The bracelet was still intact, with only the box slightly blackened. For a moment, he looked at the bracelet, which seemed like a small memory filled with traces of the past.

Then he picked up his cane and left the room. As he walked through the corridor for a while, lost in thought, he turned back and walked the same path again, and opened the door. Inside had changed.

What appeared was a comprehensive laboratory, but this time it was a bit more unsettling. Large capsules filled with water contained fragments of cursed spirits. These capsules seemed to be the curse itself, lending a mysterious atmosphere to the room. The water enveloped the pieces of flesh inside, making them even more eerie.

In addition to shapeless flesh, there were also some parts that had human features, but they were far from being human. Faces, bodies, and limbs were distorted and deformed, as if they had come from nightmares.

Subaru stood in the middle of his laboratory and surveyed the surroundings. His eyes spoke of the value of this laboratory for research and experiments.

There was a table resembling an operating table and a workbench like a mechanic's bench, with a capsule containing a brain on it. The brain had turned slightly purple, as if it were rotting, but there was still a slight movement in it. It had a small mouth with teeth

The brain stood quietly in its capsule, yet there was an air as if it could hear. Subaru's words intensified the mysterious atmosphere in the room even more. At that moment, it once again demonstrated how powerful and determined Subaru was.

In the corner of the laboratory, there was a workbench conspicuously filled with different materials. This was Subaru's special workspace. Similar to an operating table, the bench was designed for conducting experimental work directly. It held various evidence and research materials, each of which could be a part of a cursed spirit or entity.

Subaru walked over to the bench and examined the materials on it. Each one was like a key opening the doors to dark and dangerous worlds. But Subaru was one of the rare individuals who could control these powers. His determination and knowledge made him successful in these perilous endeavors.

He picked up a hammer and focused on the brain on his bench. "I was actually impressed, you could have taken over my body if your plan had gone as you wished," he said, lifting the hammer. "But it didn't." He brought the hammer down forcefully, reducing the brain to small fragments.

He pressed a button on the capsule, and the remaining pieces returned to it like a vacuum cleaner, all collected. Instantly, the capsule closed and filled with fire. As he watched the fire in the capsule, he knew that the entity inside had been neutralized.

Subaru paused for a moment, savoring the atmosphere of his room. He was enjoying the taste of victory.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 65 5
Your name is lost, it lost everything, but it gained a new life in a new world. Will it find true happiness this time?
198K 19.2K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
3.6K 118 6
So what if Subaru had Determination and Sans' Abilities? Well here we go, Subaru Natsuki, a human who fell into the underground and raised by monster...