The White Tiger

由 AdventureWriter17

This is the story of a pretty, young girl. She is fifteen, turning sixteen in a few days. She is excited to s... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 55

27 2 0
由 AdventureWriter17

 It was the end of May. I was playing soccer with Charlie while Jay was training. I'm not good at soccer at all. But it's still fun to play with Charlie. He likes to go easy on me, seeing as I really stink at at. But, I usually tell him not to go easy. But, despite my protests, he does. How do I know? I can see the difference in the way he plays. He's faster and stronger with Jay. More determined. With me, he's a little slower and less determined. He might take it easy on me, but he never lets me win, which I am happy about. 

 Charlie kicked the ball towards me. It was weaker than normal, but I didn't think anything of it at the moment. I easily blocked it and kicked it back out into the field. I then glanced at Charlie. I frowned. He was standing there, frozen, his eyes wide. 

 "Charlie? What's wrong?"

 "Th-there's something behind you..." he spoke quietly.

 I frowned. He seemed nervous. I slowly turned around, only to come face to face with two fairies and two elves. I held out my arm cautiously, motioning Charlie to come forward. He did and I kept him protectively in my embrace. It's not that I was afraid of them. But we never had any fairies and elves around here except for Elanor, Ash, and Rosalie. 

 "Crown Princess Elena." they bowed in respect to me. I stood there, speechless, my arm still around Charlie.

 "Who are you? What are you doing here? I thought the elves and fairies cut off all ties with me." I spoke up slowly.

 "I am Crown Elf Princess Ivy. This is my boyfriend, and crown prince, Torion." the elf girl spoke. She wore an almost regal-looking dress and a wreath of flowers and leaves rested on her head. 

 "I am Crown Fairy Princess Lyra. This is my fiance, Draco. He is a very powerful fire fairy." the fairy girl said.

 "E-Elena...What's going on...?" Charlie asked quietly, his voice shaking.

 "I'm not sure, Charlie...But trust me when I say, that it's all gonna be ok. I won't let anything happen to you. Neither me nor Misty will allow that." I told him in a gentle voice before turning the the newcomers. "You're the future rulers of the Mystic Woods..?" 

 "Yes, Princess Elena, we are." Draco answered.

 "What are you doing here...? The fairies, elves, and even the merfolk have abandoned me because I refuse to reject my mate and take another."

 "My parents, the fairy queen, and the elf king had a meeting recently." a voice spoke from behind me. I jumped and turned around to see Caspian. Coral stood next to him, her arm linked with his.

 "Despite what Queen Leanna said, she did not fully abandon you. She sent secret spies to watch you. Day after day. She thought you weren't worthy of being a ruler. She thought you weren't capable of being a ruler. But you proved her wrong."

 "What do you mean, 'I proved her wrong'?"

 "The spies reported every day to her majesty. They reported your actions and conversations." I stared at Ivy like she'd grown a pair of wings. I was being stalked?! 

 "How did we not realize we were being spied on??" I asked, still keeping Charlie close to me.

 "Our spies are very good at not being seen. They've been spying on you, your mate, and your friends since the queen left you. And, since you adopted the boy, he's been spied on too." Torion told me. 

 I couldn't help but growl at his words. Charlie was being spied on?? My friends?? My mate?? I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Caspian. "They meant no harm. They were just doing as the fairy queen ordered. She wanted to see if her assumptions were correct about you."

 "What did they find out, exactly?" I asked coldly. I didn't mean to be so cold. I just hated the idea of people spying on me, my friends, Jay, and Charlie. I've become protective over Charlie. Even my friends and my mate are protective over him.

 "You are a natural born leader, princess." Coral said. I looked at her. 

 "Our spies were there when the merprince, Kallan, was rushed to the hospital. They've seen yours and your mate's actions. They saw your determination to fight and protect your pack, your mate, and your friends. They saw your quick actions when you caught the spy, Don. They've seen how you care about others. They saw how you comforted your brother, mate, and the vampire boy when they were upset. The action that affected our queen the most, was when you adopted Young Charles." 

 "Princess Lyra, I will thank you not to call him Charles." I said firmly.

 They smiled and nodded. "Of course. My apologies, princess."

 "Now that you've explained the fact we're being spied on and the fact I've changed Queen Leanna's mind, do you mind explaining what you are doing here?" 

 "We've come because Queen Leanna wishes for you to begin your training to take your place as queen." Draco answered.

  I frowned. "And what about Jay? She said I cannot rule without a king. She also said that he cannot be king and a Gamma at the same time."

 "She has decided to give you a chance. To allow you to rule how you see fit. Allow your mate to be Gamma and king at the same time, the way you described to him." Ivy replied.

 I stared at them, my eyes wide. "For real...?"

 "Yes, princess." Torion answered.

 "What is your decision, Princess Elena?" Caspian asked.

 I smiled and looked down at Charlie before looking back at our companions. "I wish to talk to Jay first. As my mate and future king, he deserves to know and be apart of this decision."

 "Very well, Princess Elena. But please, do not take too long. Your kingdom awaits." Lyra spoke. "Come, Draco, Ivy, Torion. The spies will inform us when the princess has spoken to her mate." The three nodded in response.

 "Good day, princess. Good day, Charlie." Ivy said, smiling. The other three nodded in agreement. With that, Draco and Lyra picked Ivy and Torion up and flew away.  

 "Well...That was certainly unexpected. I'm sorry about our game, Charlie." I said, looking down at the boy.

 "It's ok, Elena." Charlie smiled at me, shrugging.

 I smiled at him before turning to the two merfolk behind us. "It's good to see you, Caspian, Coral. What are you doing here?"

 "We came to visit Kallan. We thought we'd surprise him." Coral replied.

 "That's exciting! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you both." I smiled.

 "Is he still at the pack house?" Caspian asked.

 "Oh, no. He and Rose moved into a little house near the beach with Elanor and Ash. I can show you where it is if you want." I offered.

 "That'd be great, thank you, princess," Caspian nodded. 

 I nodded. I wasn't holding Charlie anymore, but I continued to hold his hand. "Do you mind if we continue our game later, bud?"

 "I don't mind! I enjoy seeing Kallan, Rosalie, Ash, and Elanor," Charlie smiled brightly.

 I chuckled. It was true. He loved hanging out with them. They often showed him their powers. They all seemed to love to hang out with him and show him their abilities as well. Ash especially. Though...lately he seems a little...different...Almost strained and weak...Whenever he was asked about it, he said he was fine. Though, Kallan, Rose, and especially Elanor seemed to know what was going on. Honestly, it's getting concerning. Perhaps I can take this opportunity to talk to him....

 I lead the way to the house Kallan, Rose, Ash, and Elanor now lived in. I was hand-in-hand with Charlie. I was expecting a normal day at their house like any other. But I was dead wrong.

 When we got there, I saw Kallan running towards us, a panicked, worried look on his face. "Elena! Oh, thank goodness! We need your help now!" he exclaimed.

 "Kallan? What's wrong? What's going on?" I asked, concerned.

 "It's Ash. He's collapsed and having trouble breathing." was his serious reply.

 My eyes were wide. It took me a moment to comprehend his words. "Is he alright?!" Charlie asked quickly.

 "We don't know. Rose and Elanor are with him now." 

 "Take us to him." I said firmly.  Kallan nodded and quickly lead the way inside the house, Caspian and Coral following close behind. 

 I stopped short, staring at the scene before me when we'd reached the living room. Ash lay on the floor, being held by Elanor. He was panting and gasping hard for breath. Rose was holding a cup of water in her hand. She looked up at us and breathed a sigh of relief.

 "Oh, thank goodness..." she whispered.

 I knelt down beside the elf girl and the barely conscious fairy. "What's going on? Do you know what's wrong with him?"

 "He's dehydrated. Severely." Rose answered. I looked at her, confused. "Ash is a fire fairy. A powerful one. Fire fairies need lots of fluids. Either room temperature or cold. Preferably cold. Fire fairies have the ability to control fire. Their bodies are very hot. The fluids help keep them cool. The colder the better. It's like, they put out a fire inside his body."

 "But if he doesn't get enough, then the 'fire' will harm him...." I mused, trying to understand what Rose was telling me.

 "Yes. His body will heat up and it won't cool down until he's hydrated once more. As a fire fairy, he can get dehydrated very easily. That's why he needs so much fluid all the time. The more powerful the fire fairy, the more fluids they need."

 My face was grim. I looked down at Ash as he struggled to breath. "Ash...Can you hear me?"

 "I'm....n-not d-deaf....Elena....Just...s-sick...." he answered in a very quiet and strained voice. I rolled my eyes. Typical Ash. Even when he's the one in the situation he has a fiery attitude. 

 "We've been trying to get him to drink something but he won't...." Elanor spoke quietly. I frowned. "If he doesn't get hydrated soon......" she didn't finish her sentence. But she didn't have to. I didn't realize Ash could also be an idiot.

 "Ash, you need to drink." I told him firmly but gently.

 He shook his head slowly and weakly. "I c-can't....I-it hurts...."

 "It only hurts because you're dehydrated, Ash!" Kallan exclaimed. "You scolded me about my keeping quiet about my family problems, now it's my turn to scold you. Why in the name of all things good weren't you drinking?!!"

 "Kallan." Rose said warningly, looking up at him. "Now is not the time. We need to figure out a way to hydrate him. He's too weak and in too much pain to drink."

 "We could throw him into the ocean?" Caspian suggested. We turned to stair at him. Coral elbowed him. "What?? It's a body of water! Surely it'd do something."

 "My boyfriend is an idiot...." Coral face-palmed. "It'd do more harm than good if he is this weak."

 I thought for a moment before an idea came to my mind. "I think our best bet is to get him to the hospital. They'll give him an IV. Fluids."

 Elanor frowned. "But he hates needles..."

 "Yea. I even have to be careful when growing plants with thorns around him." Rose remarked.

 "It's our only shot." I said. "Ash, do you think you can handle it...?"

 "Do e-elves....have p-pointed e-ears...?" he asked, smirking.

 I rolled my eyes. "Can you make a trip to the hospital?"

 "I c-can....try...." he responded weakly.

 "Good. Charlie, Caspian, Coral, can you help Kallan, Rose, and Elanor get him ready to go?" 

 "You bet!" Charlie nodded eagerly.

 "We are at your service, princess." Caspian and Coral bowed.

 "Alright. Kallan will tell you what to do. I will mind-link Jay and tell him what's going on. But we must hurry. Ash doesn't look good at all." I frowned. His body was warmer than normal and his skin looked slightly red. He was sweating profusely. "Hang in there, Ash..." I whispered.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

319K 13K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
767K 25.8K 41
Ava Anderson is a 17 year old who enjoys reading fiction stories, she loves reading about wolves a lot and all that reading keeps her busy and entert...
132K 5.7K 23
Poor Annabell doesn't know what she is, but one day she has to move to a new town. She finds out that she is an angel. Ok, that's alright with her bu...
1.4M 42.8K 43
As I was about to sit down in my seat near the back of the class, I felt a slight tug on the belt loop of my jeans. I looked round and saw Freddie le...