Keeper → George Russell

By SuspiciouslySav

They say she was a keeper, both in sports and in personality. They say that you were supposed to hold her out... More

Disclaimer
CAST
PLAYLIST
PROLOGUE
i| The Norris Bunch
ii| Emilia and me
iii| Alex and Holly
iV| Eye for detail
V| Deals and Destinations
Vi| Too busy to party?
Vii| Bad idea, right?
Viii| The bet
iX| Breakfast?
X| Problems
Xii| A date?
Xiii| Something new
XiV| Interrogation

Xi| Solutions

546 30 5
By SuspiciouslySav

beware this, it's not edited and very messy work!

⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆🇬🇧⋆ ★⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : (I just) Died in your arms

"It must have been something you said."

Holly Norris wasn't the most emotional person when it came to heartfelt feelings. She adored flirting, humour and excitement but sitting down and having a conversation with no jokes or sarcasm seemed boring. She would never deny that. Her overconfident nature stopped her from feeling too much anxiety.

However, she woke up feeling uneasy. She knew what she was planning to do later and she was trying her hardest to avoid backing out of it. It was such an odd feeling for her, to feel anxiety about a secret she had kept.

"Don't freak out," Holly said in the mirror. "It's just your overly idiotic brother...who you have to tell you're fucking his best friend. No big deal."

She ran a hand through her hair, letting out a slight scream to get her frustration out while she could. Holly already knew Lando was slightly suspicious about the fact she'd asked to meet at her house rather than a restaurant or their parents. She didn't want anyone to overhear them.

"Hey," Lando greeted as Holly let him into the house. "You good?"

"Yeah," Holly nodded. "How was your Quadrant event thing?"

"It was great," Lando nodded, sitting down. "I think Max has some crazy things planned with the rest of them. You should join one."

"I don't think gaming is my style," Holly shrugged, sitting across from him. "Maybe if you do something football-related."

"That would be an unfair advantage but we'll definitely think about it," Lando laughed.

Holly nodded and distracted herself for a moment by getting a drink for her brother. Lando spun around in his seat to watch her move to the kitchen, knowing something was wrong with his sister. Holly was a talker and now she was silently going off to get a drink?

"Yo, what's up with you?" Lando questioned. "Did someone say something in practice? Is this about the world cup?"

"No," Holly huffed, sitting down. 

"What is it?" Lando pressed. "Come on, we tell each other everything!"

"I'm sleeping with George."

Lando raised an eyebrow and released a hum. Then after around three minutes of silence and Lando nodding to himself, his eyes went wide and snapped up to his sister.

"George?! Russell?! George Russell?!"

"What other George would I be referring to, Lando," Holly groaned. "I'm sorry, alright! I know he's like your friend and all—"

"I don't control you or your interests, Holly," Lando admitted, still surprised. "I'm just shocked you chose George. Overly British George...how did that even happen?"

"A lot of partying and drinking...and then it was just...we kept seeing each other," Holly shrugged. "It's not...serious. I was trying to put more effort into getting to know him but it's a little awkward."

"You aren't capable of being awkward," Lando snorted. 

"You aren't mad?" Holly tilted her head.

"At you? No. George, yes—"

"It was me who instigated everything, not George, and you know that," Holly crossed her arms. "It was me that didn't put an end to it. I think I might actually like him, Lan. I just need to spent more time talking to him."

Lando rubbed his temples.

"I will never understand how you get into these situations," He sighed. "You realise I know about your little adventures right? I know you think I don't, but I do. It doesn't bother me, I just get worried you'll get hurt."

Holly couldn't believe Lando knew about her after-party habits; she'd never told him but he must have found out some way. She supposed that Flo had slipped up in some conversation without realising or that Emilia had gotten slightly too drunk and told him.

It didn't matter, it was easier this way.

"I can't believe George didn't tell me," Lando frowned. "How long has this being going on?"

"Not that long, I promise," said Holly. "It has nothing to do with you or me not trusting you! I was just...I guess part of me felt bad that out of everyone in the world, my stupid ass thought George was a good idea — I mean not that he's the problem but—"

"Ew stop," Lando groaned, throwing a pillow at her.

Holly smirked and threw the pillow back to him. Finally, Lando smiled at her.

"I think part of me knew after I saw that post about you two being seen together," Lando admitted after a moment. "I knew George was trying to tell me something but he kept backing out and changing the conversation."

"Right," Holly whistled. "I'm sorry to have bombarded this on you on a random Tuesday morning."

"I'm just glad you told me," Lando rolled his eyes. "Though keep it away from me, I don't want to know what you and George are up to."

"You have to promise that you're not going to treat him any differently," Holly wanted.

"Fine!" Lando shrugged. "But if he does anything, you have to tell me."

"I will," Holly agreed. "Thanks, you're a good brother, you know that?"

"Oh and you're telling mum and dad before they find out from like the sun or something."

"I take it back, I hate you."

⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆🇬🇧⋆ ★⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★

Holly Norris felt so much better. She was glad to have told Lando and she was glad he took it well, like a normal human being would in her ideal world. She wasn't worried about his reaction to her, not really, but she was worried about how he would think of George.

At least George would be happy that Lando didn't want to kill him.

Now Holly had to stick to the promise she made to herself and Alex. She needed to get to know George as a person and make sure she felt right with him.

"I knew Lando would be fine about it!" Emilia pointed out.

Emilia had asked Holly out for coffee to talk about all of the drama. They'd gone to a small one that was near Emilia's place of a work; it was busy so they were able to blend in a find a small corner to sit out.

"He already knew about my...habits," Holly whispered.

"You're surprised?" Emilia chuckled. "Come on...you're not exactly sneaking around. That doesn't matter though! I want to know what you're plan of action is now."

"My plan of action?"

"How do we get you and George to like each other? Silly!" Emilia beamed.

"No. If I like him, It has to be because I actually do, not because you forced it, Mila!" Holly pointed out, sipping on her latte.

"All I mean is that we need to get the two of you on an actual date, a real one," Emilia emphasised. "As in, you ask him out."

"Oh no," Holly scoffed. "I never ask someone out. They gotta ask me."

"No, you need to do this one yourself!" Emilia pursed her lips. "Don't give me that look. Everytime someone asked you, you'd lose interest in them and not see them the next day. Maybe that's because you need to ask them yourself?"

"That is not the reason—"

"Liar. You're easily bored and the only exciting part is waiting for them to get obsessed with you," Emilia glared at her. "If you ask them out...maybe you'll keep your interest. Just try it."

"If it goes wrong, I'm blaming you."

Not edited so sorry if this is a bit muddled!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 4.8K 19
"𝓘𝓯 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵. 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 Norah had worked her entire life up to this moment. Driving for a formula one team was...
44.5K 621 27
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
890K 14K 33
I loved him, and there were times he loved me too. When the cameras were off and the lights were low, Lando Norris really did love me. I have to bel...
28.9K 407 28
Elena Laurier grew up dreaming of one day becoming a Formula 1 racing driver, but in the unfortunate world of today, participating in such a male-dom...