A New Wildcard (COTExOC)

By GuardianLugia8

Advanced Nurturing High School or simply called ANHS is a Japanese institution funded by the government and i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28

Chapter 27

529 41 11
By GuardianLugia8

After I parted with the four Class C girls I went to my dorm, freshened up and then went to my tutor as I entered her dorm room and sat on the floor and looked at her while she was looking at me with her usual cold look.

"So, mind explaining why you did that?" I asked Sae with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I have no reason to." Sae said without looking away.

"You're not going to budge are you?" I asked her as I opened my book.

"No. Now, let's start with it." Sae said as she got ready to teach me.

I kind of expected this from her due to how she had acted and so I wasn't that surprised by her refusal to explain her actions.

So we finished our studying session for the first of May as well. I had already transferred the required points for it to her as well so we are fine.

"That's it for today. Go back to your dorm room and don't make any problems." Sae said to me in her usual voice.

"Got it." I said to her as I stood up.

I packed my things and went to the door and opened it, but then it looks at her a she also looked at me.

"What?" Sae asked as she saw my look.

"You know Sensei, I think it would do you good to smile a bit and be more lax. My classmates would appreciate it." I said to her as I looked at her.

"Forget it. I have no reason to do that." Sae said as she shot down my suggestion immediately.

"That personality is the reason you don't have a boyfriend at this age." I said to her immediately after hearing her.

"GET OUT!" Sae shouted immediately with a flustered look.

In moments a wall of things was thrown at me by the angry teacher. I stepped out of the room and closed the door as I heard the things hit the door and fall on the floor.

"So she can act like that. Good to know." I said nonchalantly before I walked away from her room.

Time skip

After the reveal of the class points the week was a bit more busier for me. Due to me agreeing to help Hirata, I would attend the meetings held by him and would give some opinions of my one to help the class.

Though I also interacted a lot more with the other students, especially the girls and I think my popularity has also increased due to it.

I'm not an ikeman like Hirata, but I am polite and respectful when talking with them and I always help them when they ask for help. That seems to appeal to the girls as they would ask me to help when Hirata is unable to, though some of the girls do seem to come to me first.

This of course had the added effect of making the boys more jealous of me. Ike and Yamauchi glare at me from time to time but Sudo is cool as he seems to respect me due to how I treat him and the fact that I was more physically fit than him.

And so the first week of May went by and the second week came as I sat in my class and attended it. It should also be mentioned that Sae has started to treat me more coldly after my last comment towards her, not that it matters in any way.

Almost all of them are paying attention to the class as they don't want to lose anymore points. Almost since Sudo seems to not care about the points and just sleeps almost all the time. But today, Ayanokouji seems to be in the same boat as he is falling asleep, which is unusual.

"W-whoah!?" Ayanokoji shouted suddenly as he sat straight and lost his sleep.

Of course, that was immediately rectified by Horikita as she stabbed his arm with her compass. Why she is using a compass specifically is beyond me but maybe she likes to hurt him.

"What is it, Ayanokouji? You suddenly shouted. Is this your rebellious age?" Sae said as she looked at him.

"N-no. Sorry, Chabashira-sensei. Some dust entered my eye..." Ayanokoji said as he immediately recovered.

Of course, the students glanced at him when they heard him. Usually they would be whispering to each other but due to the new development they aren't like that and just glance at him in worry.

After that there wasn't any incidents as class ended. Though Ayanokouji immediately turned to Horikita after that.

"There are things that are OK to do and things that are not ok! Compasses are dangerous!" Ayanokoji said to her in a tone of anger.

"Are you mad at me?" Horikita asked as if she hadn't stabbed him.

"You made a hole in my arm! A hole!" Ayanokoji said vehemently as he looked at her.

"What are you talking about? When did I poke Ayanokouji-kun with a compass needle?" Horikita asked him cooly feigning ignorance.

"You’re holding a dangerous weapon in your hand." Ayanokoji said to her.

"Are you saying I stabbed you just because I’m holding something in my hand?" Horikita said to him with her usual gaze.

Not gonna lie. This is fun to watch.

"Be careful. If they saw you dozing off, our points would be subtracted." Horikita said to him sharply.

Not that our class has anything to begin with but sure, whatever floats her boat.

I looked at the others as they were preparing to leave for lunch but Hirata drew their attention.

"The test that Chabashira-sensei mentioned is coming up soon. Everyone understands that they’ll have to drop out of school if they receive failing marks. So, I think that it would be best if we form study groups." Hirata said as he addressed all of us.

Not that surprising considering his personality. I'm just a passive guy in all of this and would only help is he asked me to. Other than that I'm mostly free right now since I don't have as much work as the first week.

"If you neglect your studies, you’ll immediately receive failing grades and drop out. I want to avoid that situation. Studying isn’t solely for avoiding that situation, because there is also a high possibility that our test scores are reflected on our points. If we get high grades, the assessment of our class would probably go up. I asked some of the people who got good grades to help out. So, I would like people who are worried about their grades to come participate in the study group. Of course, everyone is welcome to join." Hirata said before he looked at Sudo at the end.

"...Tch." Sudo made a noise and averted his eyes, crossed his arms, then closed his eyes.

From the time since Sudo had refused to do the self introduction their relationship has been had. It worsened a bit when Hirata tried to include him in the study sessions but it wouldn't work due to his stubbornness.

"From 5 o’clock today until the day of the test, I plan to study every day for 2 hours in this classroom. If you have any thoughts of participating, please come. Of course, it’s fine if you have to leave halfway. That’s all." Hirata said as he looked around the class.

Of course, right after he said that, many of the students who had failing marks stood up and went to him as they didn't want to be expelled.

The only ones with failing marks who didn't go to him were Sudo, Ike and Yamauchi. The latter two hesitated for a moment, but then they didn't approach him.

I decided that it was either because of Sudo's mood or his personality that they are acting like this but they weren't my problem so I just watched.

I also noticed some of the students who didn't go to Hirata for the study sessions. Haruka and Airi being two of them. Though the two have decent grades in subjects so they won't be in trouble. Yukimura is a guy who studies by himself and he has good grades so he is fine as well.

Other than the three idiots of the class the others are safe from expulsion so it's good. Though it they are aiming for higher marks then it would be good for them to participate in the sessions.

Well, seeing that there is no need for me here and it is lunch, I left the classroom with my lunch box and went to eat at one of the benches. And of course Fuka is also present there as well.

She smirked when she saw me as I sat on the bench and opened the lunch box. I have some to her on the lid as she took it and started to eat it as she hummed.

She had been pestering me for my food so I bought a bigger lunch box and made enough for me and a bit more for her. She wasn't going to ask me to give her a full lunch as she only wants to taste a bit before she eats her own.

"It's good as always kouhai." Fuka said with her usual smile.

"Well I do want a good meal." I said to her with a shrug.

"Fair. So, how has class been going?" Fuka asked as she ate.

"It's going good actually. Most of them are behaving and are trying to improve their marks." I said to her as I ate.

"Heh. So they finally decided to act civil huh. It's a wonder how it took them losing all of their points for them to act like actual students." Fuka said with a smirk on her face.

"They had a lot of freedom after all." I said with a nod.

"They were out of control. Well, they got their punishment anyways. But you aren't bothered by it, are you?" Fuka asked me with a smile.

"No. They got 0 points because of their own actions. You reap what you sow." I said with a shrug.

"That's what I like about you kouhai-kun." Fuka said as she finished her part of the food.

She gave me the lid back as I took it before I continued eating. But then she sat beside me and put her right arm across my shoulder and pressed her body to me as I looked at her.

"Come to my room after class okay." Fuka said with her usual smirk on her face.

"Yeah yeah. I know, the agreement." I said to her as I went back to eating.

Fuka grinned at me and stayed with her body pressed to mine. She most likely wants me to react to it but unfortunately for her it's not going to happen.

"You're always fun, kouhai-kun." Fuka said to me with a smile on her face.

"I'm glad to know that." I said to her as I ate.

And so I ate my lunch with an upperclassmen pressed onto my body. After that I returned to my classroom and saw Ayanokouji sitting in his seat with an air of unhappiness to him.

"What happened Ayanokouji? You seem a bit down." I asked him as I went to his seat.

"Horikita forced me to help her in recruiting Sudo, Ike and Yamauchi for the study session." Ayanokoji said to me as I raised an eyebrow at her.

"How? I don't think you would've just accepted it considering how you were denying her a week ago." I said to him as I looked at him.

Ayanokoji stayed silent at my question before he explained the situation to me. After he did explain it however I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at how he had been duped by Horikita in that way.

"Don't laugh." Ayanokoji said as he looked at me.

"It's Horikita, you should've sensed that something is wrong when she invited you." I said to him with an amused smile on my face.

"Don't remind me." Ayanokoji said in his monotone voice.

"At least you got your first girls number." I said to him as I tried to shift the topic.

"It's Horikita's number." Ayanokoji said as if that explained everything.

And as a matter of fact? It did actually, it actually explains quite a lot.

"Yeah. She's a wolf in a rams clothing." I said to him with a chuckle.

"Might I ask why you used a Ram to describe me instead of a sheep?" Horikita's voice came from behind me.

I turned around and found the girl standing in front of me as she is glaring at me.

"Simple. You are a straightforward person who just likes to tackle all her problems head on." I said to her with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I guess I am like that. Fine, I will overlook it since it was descriptive of me." Horikita said to me as she looked at me.

I heard Ayanokouji whisper "Hypocrite." from behind me but I didn't say anything and just nodded before I went to my seat and sat on it as I waited for class to begin.

I should also be ready to go to Fuka's room after this as well. Well, it won't be problematic for me, probably.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 87 15
Status : Finished Word Count : 52910 The story is about a man whose Compulsive tendencies make it impossible for him to keep a job, a young girl who...
2.7K 146 9
Advanced Nurturing High School or ANHS, a school where only the cream of the crop, the top of the top, the elite, can enroll. It is a school know for...
85.9K 2.6K 19
Shiroi Kaslana is an extraordinary individual, capable of feats that surpass the abilities of any other prodigy. Possessing a stunning intellect from...
31.4K 692 8
Reactions from all the years to Ayanokoujis life, quotes or just general stuff So basically a reaction fic like almost everyone has done Still, I try...