Fairy Tail - Chains of a Liar

By StoriesWithLu

When growing up in a cold environment filled with lies the idea of a family is one that can only be dreamed o... More

Bio

Prologue

134 8 2
By StoriesWithLu

*3rd POV*

The loud rumbling sounds of a train is heard as a the figure of what appears to be a little girl dressed in a cloak with a gun almost the size of her? can be seem sitting in one of its many carts.

*Y/n POV*

I stare out the window of the train watching the scenery pass by me.

Y/n: "Almost there..."

As the screeching of the wheels come to a halt the doors open leading to me exiting the train stretching due to sitting for to long.

I raise my hand to shade my eyes from the bright light of the sun.

Y/n: "its warm... how long has it been since I was cold...?"

In truth it was not long since I was last cold.

But compaired to the coldness I felt all those years ago it was all nothing.

I still remember it as if it were yesterday.

(Bold for this flashback)

All around me was screaming as people gotten attacked I was frozen, too scared to move.

Until I looked up meeting the eyes of a short man in front of me reaching his hand out towards me.

(Present)

I walk through the bustling streets of the city taking in all the sights as people pass by me.

Y/n: "It's so peaceful... I'll make sure to look around after I finish my job." I say walking towards the edge of the city only stopping in front of a small house bordering a forest.

As I approached the house someone yells out from within it.

???: "W-who's there!"

Y/n: "Calm down sir and/or ma'am I'm here from fairy tail and I'm on a job." I say lifting my cloak revealing my left thigh which rested my fairy tail mark.

Y/n: geez this embarrassing. Why did I put it there in the first place? ... actually I remember why.

(Past)

I entered the guild hall. It was lovely with so many people. Honestly it was quite overwhelming.

I walked towards the receptionist with the old man behind me.

Y/n: "h-hello I would l-like to register..."

???: "Well sure! Now where would you like the mark?"

I said nothing only showing my thigh with a certain thing on it.

Y/n: "P-please cover this up..."

(Present)

???: "F-fairy tail? *sees the mark* oh thank god! Please come in!"

Y/n: "... Alright..."

As I entered the house I was guided to a sofa where I sat while the man before me sat on a chair next to me.

Gar: "Ah let me introduce myself! I'm Gar, I live here and I was the one who posted the job."

Y/n: "I see. Can you give me the rundown? I saw the job description and from what I saw it was a simple extermination job. It shouldn't require a S-rank mage."

Gar: "No no no it's not just a simple extermination job! T-that thing I-it's dangerous! I-it already killed so much!"

Y/n: "Alright just leave it to me. I'll get it done." I say walking towards the door.

Gar: "thank you!"

As I exit the house and move towards the woods I start to reminisce.

Y/n: "How long has it been since I first started doing quests?..."

(Past)

Y/n: "I'll take this one." I said pointing towards a piece of paper resting on a bulletin board.

The old man simply laughed before stating.

Old man: "hahaha quite the eager one you are huh? Sorry but that's a A-rank quest. You can't take that just yet."

Y/n: "A-Rank?" I replied confused tilting my head.

???: "It basically means that you can't take it until your stronger." a man with light brown hair spoke up behind me.

Y/n: "Stronger... Okay." I state looking through the board once again.

???: "How about this one? It seems easy enough. Perfect for a new adventurer!"

Y/n: "Ah thank you..."

???: "Gildarts nice to meet you."

Y/n: "Umu Y/n."

(Present)

Y/n: "I wonder how Gildarts is doing right now?..."

*Rustle*

I quickly turn towards the rustling in the vegetation.

Y/n: "Whos there?"

.

.

.

Y/n: "If you don't answer I will assume that you are an enemy."

*Rustle*

I hear the sound of rustling once again right before a spider the size of a cat jumped out towards me only for me to block with my rifle.

(Past)

I couldn't do anything as I only looked at the wolf in front of me.

Y/n: "Hey... Down boy..." I say trying to get it to calm down.

It didn't work.

As it jumped towards me I was still frozen.

Y/n: I was only supposed to look for a lost cat so how did I get here...

I only looked on as the wolf got closer and closer only standing there accepting my fate.

*Slice*

I look up to notice the wolf in front of me having fallen with a red haired girl standing in front of me.

She was so cool.

(Present)

I look around me various chains tiled from various trees with dead spiders impaled by them some with gunshots through them.

(A/n: What are your thoughts? I'm kinda surprised how well it turned out since it was a rushed sketch the chains look like shit though lol.)

Y/n: "... Is that all?" I look around still in doubt that its over.

Y/n: It can't be... after all its a S-rank quest.

.

.

.

Y/n: "!!!" I quickly jump up on a chain just nearly avoiding the attack of a 20 ft tall spider that was behind me.

Y/n: "ah there it is..." I look down on the spider as hundreds of other spiders start to crawl out.

Taking a moment to think of a plan of action I start moving.

Jumping from chain to chain dodging the spider as they crawl up the trees.

I activate my magic creating chains to seclude the area off from the rest of the forest while shooting at the big spider as it jumps at me.

I stop after realizing that the spiders had made their way onto every tree in the area leaving me no where to go.

But luckily for me I had already finished the preparations.

I create another chain higher up quickly jumping towards it before taking out several bullets from my satchel.

Y/n: "I only have 2 left... Well might as well use them."

*3rd POV*

In the next several minutes two distinct gun shots can be heard as the chains disappear revealing a burnt down part of the forest with several burnt spider corpses laying around.

Y/n walks out talking to himself.

Y/n: "I need to get more magic bullets now... I wonder how everyone else is doing?"

Quest complete!

__________

(A/n: Wooo prologue done. I am doing this solely off of spite for the stories with harems and too op Mcs. Just kidding! Kinda... like all those stories are good but I just really like the found family trope ya know so yeah that's why I'm writing this! Also I have not seen anything about fairy tail in a very long time so there will be lots of inconsistencies and stuff so PLS BARE WITH ME!)

(A/n: Also I was thinking of posting some videos on youtube like of my art and stuff and I was wondering if yall would be interested? (ps my art is still very bad and beginner level at most so pls don't bully me.))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 1.7K 23
Rich girl, fell in love with her dad's driver's son. Let's see, what will happen when her parents get to know about them.
3.9K 143 7
I do not own boboiboy or any of the characters there, they are rightfully belonged to MONSTA.
2K 72 5
Yugi froze at the golden eyes that stared at him, his hand gripping on his staff tightly. This thing, this creature, was beyond his wildest imaginati...
13.1K 955 27
A story how Yin, a young photographer experienced love at first sight and how a beautiful painter, War, found love again after he got his heart brok...