The Missing Piece

Autorstwa LoyalSong

Kelly Sandler a businesswoman meets Asher a heart doctor. Kelly is a single mother raising a teen daughter an... Więcej

Introduction One: When We First Met
Characters Part 1
1: Where It Began
2: What's Happening?
4: Unconscious
Character Part 2
5: School Bus
6: New Student
7: Do your Job!
8: She's Awake
Character Part 3
9: Things Are Changing
10: Just A Crush
11: Why?
12: Going Back Home
13: Recording Studio
14: Oh, Darling
15: Can you play baseball with me?
16: Trip to the toy store
17: A Runaway
18: I Love You
19: New Home
20: Leon
21: A Date
22: Coloring Book
23: Funeral
24: Willow and Peter

3: The Hospital

13 1 0
Autorstwa LoyalSong

Willow

A loud blaring sound woke me out of my sleep. It was drowning out my music that I had down low, sitting up from the bed and I rubbed the sleep out of my eye. 

"What's happening?"

The clock said 5:20 a.m. I have to get ready for school in a while, so I forced myself out of bed and I wearing my little mouse pajama set. I'm still pretty tired maybe I should ask mom if I can stay home. That blaring noise hasn't stopped yet, in fact I think it has gotten louder like it's in front of the house.

I walked to the windows and peeked through the blinds to see flashing red lights.

My eyes widened, 'What!?'

I dashed out my bedroom and run downstairs I saw two people carrying my mom out of the house. "What happened? Why is my mom on this stretcher?" I panicked running up to one of the workers. "We're taking her the hospital."

I figured that but why?!

"WAIT I'M COMING." I ran upstairs to put some shoes on, and I grabbed my school bag. You might be wondering why I'm taking my bag even though it's obviously I'm not going to school today. I don't know how long we'll be there, and I want something to do.

"Mam, we're leaving!" The paramedic yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled running down the stairs and out the front door. The paramedic locked the door and closed it, the other paramedic helped me in the ambulance. I slumped down close to mom she had on one those things that help you breathe. "Mommy, I'm here. You'll be okay no matter what happens I have faith that you'll be okay." I choked.

She looked at me and I think I saw her give me a small smile. I smiled back or I tried to return it, but my emotions got the best of me, and I let out a sob. 

She looked away from me stared up at the ceiling. I turned to look up at the ceiling too but found nothing interesting about the ceiling of the ambulance truck. My eyes turned to look back at her and got scared. "Mom?" I lightly shook her which done nothing she was out like a light. The paramedic that helped me in the truck put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me out of the way.

One part of my mind was like RUDE, but the other part that is logical understood and knew they had to see if everything's fine or not. Tears poured down my eyes like a waterfall I didn't know what to do and I couldn't help my mother the only parent I have left. So that only means one thing I sat down and prayed, I asked God to save my mother, for her to be healed from whatever could be attacking her health, right now.

.

.

.

I don't how things work in a hospital. So, I'm sorry if I get this is not accurate. 

Asher

"Everything seems to look good." I said walking in the room looking up from the clipboard in my hand at the family. The family consists of a father, mother, their six-year-old son, and the laying on the hospital bed is an elder woman. 

"Then that means grandma can come home?" The boy asked hope feeling his big blue eyes. I nodded smiling down at him then turned to his parents, "Can I speak to you in the hall?" They nod and followed me out into the hall.

"Will my mother get better, Dr. Hernandez?" The wife asked me. I love being a doctor ever since I was a kid I wanted to help people get better. But times like this I wonder to myself do I want to keep doing this? I love seeing people heal and see the smile on my patients and their family, but the downside is if they don't get healed and then the family is mad at me. Or they don't blame me, but they have long sad look on their face that says it all.

I sighed mentally preparing myself to tell them the bad news.

"Mrs. Berry, I have good and bad news." 

Mr. Berry put an arm around his wife's shoulder, "What's the bad news doc?"

"Bad news?" I looked at the shock look on Mrs. Berry's face.

I nodded and sighed rip the band aid off Asher, "I'm heartbroken to tell you that Mrs. Miller won't have much longer." This is the part when I want to go and hide. The look on their faces is so painful and it hearts my own heart breaking the news to them.

Mrs. Berry cried into her husband's side, and he hugged her.

"What's the good news?" He asked in a real calm voice while trying to comfort his wife. Is there any real good news after the harsh reality I threw at them?

We'll yes, I guess there is good news, I knew Mrs. Miller for a couple years and I think it's clear that she believes in Jesus Christ. My frown turned into a smile looking up at the couple they looked at me confused understandable I smile after telling them sad news.

"The good news, the good news is you'll still have time to spend with her while she still here on this earth." I said and they stiffly nodded and was about to go back the room, but I stopped them, "Um, your mother and I used to chat. She told me interesting stories from when she was young. She also told me how much God has helped her and her family."

Mrs. Berry looked to be in deep thought and Mr. Berry gave me a tight smile and nod then he turned to his wife and snapped her out of her thoughts the two of them returned to the hospital room where their son and Mrs. Miller is.

I turned the other to walk down the hallway, but I heard my name being called, "Doctor Human!" I looked over my shoulder to see Yvonne who is a nurse and also happens to be one of my good friends running straight toward me in a panic.

"Yvonne what's wrong?" I asked calmy.

"Asher, there's a patient who needs surgical attention!" When patient left her mouth, I was already following her to the ER. "What do I need to know?"

"The patient is a woman who looks to be in her mid-thirties and has been having heart problems for a while. She passed out on the way here and hasn't made any signs of moving."

I nodded not saying anything, we arrived at the ER as I rushed to the double doors, I see a teen girl sitting in one of the chairs sobbing. She glanced up at me as I passed her and gave her a quick comforting smile before entering the doors.

Willow

Why, why! why!? I sobbed into my school bag as I thought about how and why this is happening. I heard footsteps hurrying down the hall where I'm at, looking up I met eyes with a doctor he gave me a smile. I quickly looked down and wiped my eyes and closed them shut holding tightly onto my bag I prayed for mother.

'Please, God I pray for her to come out of this okay. I don't know what will happen if something happens to her, God, I trust you, but I pray that she is healed, and we'll be able to go home. In Jesus Name I pray, amen!' I finished my prayer.

"She'll be okay." I opened my eyes and turned my head to see a nurse with long black hair sat in the chair next to me. My body trembled and I stared at her it took everything in me to not let out more tears, "How do you know?" I questioned not in a rude way, but I was curious.

"Because I have faith." She said with a bright smile. This lady kind of reminds me of my best friend but lest peppy and more grown up.

I returned the smile even though I'm sure it wasn't as bright as her own at the moment.

"That man that rushed past you, he's one of the best doctors and surgeons in this hospital." She said with assurance in her voice.

Knowing that he is one of the best makes me feel a little bit better, I nodded and wiped more tears from my eyes. "Are you thirsty?"

"No." I softly said.

She nods and rubs my back, "Okay, well I have to get back work." 

I take notice of her name tag, that says Yvonne Grey. She stood up and walked off leaving me alone. I unzipped my bag and take out my phone. Jisoo probably blew up my phone wondering why I didn't come to school. Especially after yesterday events.

Going to my messages I see each one of my friends have sent a text.

I smiled and but also a small part of me panicked since I rarely missed school, unless I was super sick or had to go somewhere, or something like this has happened. 

Jisoo: Low, are you okay?

6:30 a.m.

Jisoo: Hello?

Willow: Hi, Jisoo I'm okay, the sickness went away but I'm not at school because of my mom.

...

Jisoo: Your mom? 😕

Willow: Yeah, I'm currently in the hospital. 

Willow: And she's in surgery, right now.

...

Jisoo: What! 😨

Willow: Yea, um can we talk later I need to compose myself.

Jisoo: Yeah! I'll let the others know.

Willow: Thank u ❤ Bye.

I put my phone away not bothering to check my other friends messages. I leaned the back of my head on the wall and thoughts swarmed my mind.

My stomach growled, I sighed I of course didn't bring any money for the vending machine. Opening up my school bag a grin made its way onto my face. I still have a bag of Cheetos that I didn't touch because of what happened.

I opened the bag and put one in my mouth, Cheetos are my favorite salty snack. I relaxed myself in the chair as I wait for my mother's surgery to be done.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kelly's in surgery, do you think she'll come out okay?

I hope you have a wonderful day!

God bless you.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

23.7K 2.4K 33
Sixteen years ago, my sisters and I moved from France to the United States to live the American dream. Not long after, I met Declan, a marine who was...
1.3K 21 22
People say you don't really know what true love is at sixteen. Well I knew well before that, I knew from the age of eleven that Jackson carter was th...
70.8K 1.8K 33
Ronnie feels as if she doesn't have a family. Ever since she was a child, she's been tossed from foster home to foster home. In every one of them, he...
466 91 25
Felicia Simmons is a woman that just wants her freedom. After her divorce with a real estate mogul, she sets out to raise her teenage son and find th...