BLONDIE • the mikaelsons

By silent-flames

"A blonde doppelganger? Impossible!" "Not when hair dye exists." - In which Elena Gilbert's bottle blonde t... More

blondie
prologue
part one
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten

chapter five

5.1K 251 50
By silent-flames

CHAPTER FIVE

Tapping my fingers on the arm of the couch, I occupied my time recalling the dance movements that led to my injury. It wasn't healthy but I had this idea that if I focused on the memory often enough, I could pin prick exactly where I went wrong. If I knew where I went wrong, I would be able to fix the mistake in the future.

The problem was, I couldn't figure out where I went wrong. My movements had been flawless that day. I couldn't seem to accept the fact that one second I had been dancing and the next I was falling.

I was brought back to the present when Elena tapped my shoulder. I turned to find a small smile on her face as she subtly handed me a piece of paper. I frowned as I looked at it but smiled as I read the words.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you. -B

"It was a good idea to seduce the Salvatore's," I gave my sister a rare compliment, "You'll have a pair of guard dogs for life."

Colour flooded her cheeks, "I didn't seduce both of them."

"Elena, you totally did and you know it," I grinned at her, "Just own it! There are worse places to be than between two men."

Before Elena could respond, Trevor entered the room and I straightened in my seat.

"He's here!" He shouted to his vampire companion, "This was a mistake."

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." She urged him.

"No! He wants me dead, Rose!" He panicked.

"He wants them more."

"I can't do this. You give her to him, he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here."

"Hey! What are we?" Rose prompted.

"We're family, forever."

A loud knock on the front door sounded and everyone froze.

"You're scared." My sister observed and a perverse smile crept onto my face.

"I'd be scared too if I pissed off the immortal family famous for holding grudges." I whispered to my captors.

"Stay here with them and don't make a sound." Rose said to Trevor before leaving the room.

Standing up, I walked over to the other side of the room where I would be able to hear their conversation better. Although I knew quite a bit about him, I had never actually met him, so I wanted to gauge what he was like to prepare myself.

I heard the click of the front door opening and I made sure I was out of view. I looked over my shoulder to see Trevor give me a disapproving look. I gave him a "what are you gonna do about it" shrug before I turned my attention to Rose and Elijah's conversation.

"Rose-Marie. Is there somewhere we can talk?" A male, presumably Elijah, spoke.

"Yes, in here. You have to forgive the house."

"Oh, no, what's a little dirt? I completely understand. So tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call me?" Elijah asked.

"I wanted my freedom. I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?" Rose asked hopefully.

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name these days? Trevor. If I so see fit." The original confirmed.

"Katerina Petrova?" Rose prompted.

"I'm listening."

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864." Rose explained.

"Continue." Elijah ordered without a hint of surprise.

"She survived."

"Where is she?" Elijah asked casually.

"You don't seem surprised by this." The woman said with slight confusion.

"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina." Elijah explained, "Do you have her in your possession?"

"No, but I have better. I have her doppelgängers."

"That's impossible, her family line ended with her. I know that for fact." The original said, showing intrigue for the first time.

"The facts are wrong."

"Well, show them to me." Elijah said and my heart began beating fast with anticipation.

"Elijah, you are a man of honor, you should be trusted but I want to hear you say it again."

"You have my word that I will pardon you." He confirmed.

"Follow me." Rose said and I quickly backed away from the door and back to join my sister.

I inhaled sharply as Elijah entered the room. His eyes fell on Elena and widened with surprise. He sped over to her and looked at her intently for a moment. It almost looked as though he were going to kiss her but then he tilted his head down to smell her neck.

"Human. It's impossible." He said before smiling down at her, "Hello there." Pulling away from my twin, Elijah did a double take when his eyes landed on me, "A blonde doppelganger? Impossible!"

"Not when hair dye exists." I couldn't help but reply.

His eyes narrowed at my comment before he strode towards me at a casual pace. When he reached me, his hand wrapped gently around my neck to hold me in place. He examined my face for a moment before grasping a lock of my blonde hair in his free hand and looking at it closely.

"Do you want to check if the carpet matches the drapes?" Trevor nervously joked and I rolled my eyes.

"I literally just said that I'm a bottle blonde, Trev," I drawled to my captor, "Of course the carpet doesn't match the drapes."

"Well. You could've also dyed your-"

"Trevor!" Rose hissed, stopping him mid sentence.

Letting go of the lock of hair, Elijah brought his face to my neck and inhaled, causing goosebumps to erupt on my skin.

"How is it possible for there to be two human doppelgängers?" Elijah looked at me. His hand was still gently wrapped around my throat and his thumb slowly began to rub circles on the skin of my neck.

"We're twins." I whispered before nervously swallowing and his eyes tracked the movement.

"Hmm." He hummed before releasing my neck and turning his back to me to face our captors. "We have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going."

"Please, don't let him take us!" Elena begged Rose.

"One last piece of business and we're done." Elijah said calmly and he walked over to Trevor.

"I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly, very sorry." Trevor apologied with sincerity.

"Oh no, your apology is not necessary." Elijah brushed him off.

"Yes, yes it is. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you."

"Oh yes, you are the guilty one and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you and that now I honor. Where was your loyalty?" Elijah asked, a shark circling its prey.

"I beg your forgiveness." Trevor begged the original.

"So granted."

Trevor smiled but not even a second later Elijah smacked his head clean off his body. Rose let out a mournful cry as I gasped and turned my back to the scene and held a hand to my mouth, willing myself not to throw up. I could talk a good game but violence was where I drew the line.

"You...!" Rose hissed at Elijah.

"Don't, Rose, now that you are free." He warned the vampire I turned around as my stomach began to settle but fell to my knees and began to convulse when my eyes landed on Trevor's decapitated head.

A pair of black shoes entered my line of vision as I focused on trying to not puke my guts up.

"Come." Elijah said.

I didn't look up at him as I replied, "Unless you'd like vomit on your fancy dress shoes, I suggest you give me a minute."

"What about the moonstone?" Elena asked and Elijah's shoes left my line of sight as he walked over to her.

"What do you know about the moonstone?" He asked and to be honest, I was curious as well. My sister wasn't meant to know anything about the moonstone and what its purpose was.

"I know that you need it and I know where it is." My sister informed the vampire.

"Yes?" Elijah prompted.

"I can help you get it."

"Tell me where it is." Elijah ordered her.

"It doesn't work that way." Elena tried to bargain.

"Are you negotiating with me?" He asked in disbelief, looking over at Rose.

"It's the first I've heard of it." Rose held her hands up.

"What is this vervain doing around your neck?" Elijah muttered and I looked up for a moment to see him pull the necklace off my sister's neck and threw it away before compelling her, "Tell me where the moonstone is."

"In the tomb, underneath the church ruins." My sister told him and I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"What is it doing there?" Elijah asked.

"It's with Katherine." Elena answered and I frowned as I pondered the relationship between my sister and our doppelgänger. I hadn't minded staying out of the loop but now that I'd been thrown into the drama, some answers would be nice.

"Interesting." Elijah said before there was a sudden shattering sound coming from upstairs, "What is that?"

"I don't know." Rose answered.

"Who else is in this house?"

"I don't know." She repeated.

Elijah hurried over to me and offered me his hand. Knowing that it was a courtesy on his part, I took his hand and stood up. He dragged me towards my sister, causing me to trip on the hem of my dress but he quickly steadied me before grabbing Elena's wrist.

He practically dragged us into the front room, where I glimpsed the Salvatore brothers. Elijah pushed my sister and I into Rose's arms.

"Rose?" Elijah asked in a warning tone.

"I don't know who it is." Rose replied hastily.

"Up here." Stefan's voice sounded and Elijah sped up the stairs towards him.

"Down here."

Seconds later, I sucked in a breath when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and sped me into another room. I scowled up at Damon, who held a hand over my mouth.

"Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?" Elijah threatened, "I repeat, you cannot beat me. So I want the girls, I'm gonna count to three or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

"I'll come with you, just please don't my friends, they just wanted to help me out." I heard my sister say.

"What game are you playing with me?" Elijah asked seconds before a small explosion sounded.

'Stay here.' Damon mouthed to me and I nodded before he sped towards the action. I instantly tried to follow him but my shoe snagged my dress again and I barely managed to steady myself. By the time I made it back to the room, I was shocked to see Elijah impaled to the wall on a makeshift stake.

My sister ran into Stefan's arms as Damon watched them with envy. With all of them distracted, I walked over to a seemingly dead Elijah. Riffling through his pockets, my hand closed over his phone and a small smile tugged at my lips as I pulled it out.

"Robbing the dead, Blondie?" Damon asked as he stepped up beside me with a grin.

"Well, he looked rich and I lost my phone when I was kidnapped." I shrugged and Damon snorted.

"Come on then, let's get you out of here." Damon said, his hand settling on my lower back as he guided me out of the house.

I took one last look at Elijah over my shoulder, knowing that I would be seeing him soon.

A/N: I just wanted to clarify that the Mikaelsons are not Emila's mates in this book. As much as I love the mate trope, I decided not to use it in this book because I didn't think that dynamic would suit this plot. I want all the Mikaelsons to fall for Emilia because of who she is, not because of a magical bond.

Originally published: April 18th 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788K 17.8K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
598K 21.7K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
239K 8.1K 27
As we all know, Akutagawa is an emotionless little brat. But one day when he's tended to by the oh so kind (y/n) Chan he finds himself unknowingly...