Memories

By RainbowGiggles_718

OS on our very own ICT members More

My Mahi Bhai
Brothers By Heart-I
Brothers By Heart - II
Against All Odds-I
Brothers By Heart-III
Against All Odds :II
Against All Odds - III
Against All Odds- IV
Against All Odds- V
Caring Brothers- I
Caring Brothers-II
The Heartbreaking End
Through Thick N Thin
Caring Brothers - III
Lost Connections-I
Lost Connections-III
Lost Connections-IV
Unnoticed Bond
Caring Brothers - Last Part
Always Your Kiddo

Lost Connections - II

837 70 279
By RainbowGiggles_718

Time heals many wounds they said, but some wounds don't get healed they just get forgotten as unattended. Similar happened to mahi, he was still hurt because of his friends betrayals but he has accepted with smile again. He would never be able to see them again like he used to but at the same time he won't be able to turn his back on them too. 

It was BCCI's party to celebrate all the trophies India has ever won. So, almost every cricketer was invited but the party happened in two phases as the players' and former players' schedule was clashing. Bcci wanted everyone to attend it so they organized it in two phases. The first phase had the cricketers before 2000 and second face had cricketers post 2000. Ms didn't want to join as he knew yuvraj, irfan, harbhjan would be there and for his own sanity he didn't want to meet them. But dada especially requested him to be there with him, jammy bhai, sachin paji, kaifu, zaheer will be there too. And he didn't even discuss with the kiddos that he is thinking to not to go there as they already planned the day with him. 

Sakshi saw him pacing around the room and sighed. 

Sakshi: Kya hua mahi? You are still not ready? Come on, dress up first or you'll be late. 

MS nodded uninterestedly. 

Sakshi : Mahi, will you go there with this face? 

Ms: You want me to wear ziva's Spiderman mask? 

Sakshi : Uff!! Can you please stop sulking? 

Ms: I don't know why I don't feel good about going there. 

Sakshi: As yuvi will be there?

Ms didn't say anything but his silence said everything. 

Sakshi: Mahi, till when you'll keep avoiding yuvi. One day you'll have to face him then why not today. 

Ms: I don't know I just don't wanna go. And moreover you know I'm not a fan of parties, I only attend the ones you attend to accompany you. 

Sakshi: Cheeku, Ro, Rishu, Harry, Sonu, Dada everyone will be there. You'll have fun. 

MS : I know they won't let me get bored, it's just I would miss you. 

Sakshi : Awww... Sometimes you are so sweet my cutie.

Ms: Don't call me that. 

Sakshi :Okay cutie. 

And they laughed. 

BCCI HQ ( The party venue) 

As soon as ms stepped into the party hall 

Boom! 💥

Few party poppers were popped on him while his team circled around him. 

Welcome captain! They all shouted happily. 

Virat was the first one to hug ms. 

Virat: Do you have any idea how much I missed you? 

Ms: I missed you too. Tum logon ke bina mann kaha lagta hai mera. 

Hardik: Bro leave bhai! Even we are waiting. 

Exactly, said everyone. 

Ro: Oh bhai, jaddu tu kya exactly bol raha hai tu toh csk ke chakkar mein milta rehta hai na. Hume mauka nahi milta so we'll hug him first. 

Harry hugged ms after virat and he kept hugging him. 

Rahul: Bhai, leave mahi bhai. Hum v hai line mein. 

Hardik: Noooo... 

Rishu: Harry leave na... And he started pulling him away. 

Hardik: Mahi bhai dekho kaise sab mujhe aapse alag karne ki koshish kar rhe hai. 

And Ms laughed seeing their drama. They never fail to amaze him with their love for him. He doesn't know what he has done to get this kind of love. He never thought that one day he'll be blessed with the best family. It's truly his team. 

One by one everyone hugged ms and told how they missed him. Ms looked around and found it was just his team. 

Ms: Where are others? 

Ro: They will come after an hour. 

Ms: Are we invited early? 

Vi: Yes and no. I mean we requested bcci to give us one extra hour to spend with you. That's why we are earlier than others. 

Hardik : And it was my idea. 

Rahul(rolling his eyes): Yeah, yeah! 

Rishabh: Now let's not waste time and chalo.... 

Raina: Are mere liye toh wait karo.. 

Ms: Sonu! You are early too... 

Jassi: How can we miss your other half bhai? 

And sonu joined the team too. And they made a human train and started visiting every corner of the hq. They laughed, they danced, they played together. Teased each other, fought for mahi bhai's attention and also pranked rohit.   

MS and the team having the best time when gambhir and yuvraj reached there. 

Everyone's expressions changed. It was not that they didn't want yuvi or gambhir to be there it's boths comment that was giving a bitter taste in their mouth. 

Everyone stopped and started behaving professional. They met gambhir and yuvi professionally while Ms hugged gambhir and they chatted a little but Ms avoided yuvi so did yuvi. Everyone went to enjoy the party the way bcci planned as irfan, harbhajan too started to join. 

Everyone was joining but our mahiya was waiting to meet his dada. He hasn't showed up yet. 

MS: Pata nahi kab aayenge. Itna time kyun lag raha hai. 

Sachin paji and Jammy bhai arrived and Ms sprinted towards them. 

Ms: Finally you guys got the time.

Dravid: Why are you saying like this mahi? We are just 10 mins late. 

Ms: You both are 10 MINS LATE! It's not a casual thing, you should be on time. 

Sachin: Acha baba galti ho gyi. 

Ms: Aise kaise? Ek baar v nahi socha ki ek baccha aap logon ka yeha wait kar rha hoga? 

Sachin and dravid looked at each other and held their ears 

Sorry. 

Ms: Only at one condition. If you guys come over to spend time with me. 

Okay, they said in unison. 

And only after that Ms hugged them. 

Ms:Where is dada? 

Sachin: On his way. 

Sonu came and met dravid and sachin and took them with him. 

MS was waiting at door for dada and as soon as he entered ms jumped on him. 

Dada somehow balanced them. 

Ms: I missed you so much, why were you late? You know I was waiting for you since so long. 

Dada: Sorry mahiya. I was stuck in the traffic. 

MS shaking his head in no.

Ms: No, no, no. You forgot about me. You don't care about me know. 

Dada: Aisa nahi hai bachha. How can I forget you? I missed you too. 

Ms: But not as much as I did. 

Dada : And how do you know that who missed more? 

Ms: I know, I missed you more. Had you been missing me you would have come earlier. I won't talk to you now. 

Dada (laughing a little) : But you already did. 

Ms:I did to tell you that I'm angry and won't talk to you. Now I won't. 

Dada: Sorry na mahiya. Apne dada ko maaf nahi karoge? 

Ms nodded in no. 

Dada: Even if I took you to your favourite restaurant and treat your favorite food? 

MS didn't respond. 

Dada: Not even after eating dona's hand made fish fries? 

Ms: For that I don't need to talk to you, bhabhi will make me otherwise. 

Dada: Ohh.. I thought I'll stay here for few days and we'll go on bike ride, but it seems someone won't go with me. 

Ms(immediately) : I'll go. 

Dada: But you were angry with me? 

Ms: Aap itne pyaar se manaoge toh kaise gussa rahun. 

And dada took ms in a bone crushing hug. 

Dada(while ruffling MS's hair) : Bilkul nahi badla na. 

Ms:I'll always be your mahiya. 

Yuvi saw this from different and his blood started boiling. Dada came and met mahi first, he was coaxing mahi, handling his tantrums everything that dada did for yuvi, he is doing it for mahi.. Though this was not the first time but yuvi never felt like this seeing dada and Ms together. Today he was shaking in anger. 

Yuvi : This mahi is such a thief he stole everything from me. Today I won't leave him. 

Gambhir: Don't make such a mistake, you'll regret it. 

Yuvi : What would mahi say to me? He can never be rude with me. 

Gambhir : Not mahi but his team. He is not just mahi. He is now Mahi bhai to his kids. They love him to death, they won't listen anyone bad mouthing their bhai especially (looking at virat) virat. 

Yuvi : Cheeku? What would he do? I know him he won't say anything to me. 

Gambhir: Don't do this mistake. As your behaviour towards ms has changed in these few years, similarly virat's love and respect also increased 100 folds for ms. He won't spare anyone hurting ms in anyway. 

Yuvi : Darta hoon kya main usse? Yeh kal ke aaye hue bande yuvi ke samne bolenge? Huh!! Abhi dekhta hoon ise. 

Before yuvi could reach to virat, he left. Rahul dragged virat with him to show him something. 

Gambhir rolled his eyes and left after patting yuvi's shoulder. He clearly didn't want to be a part of yuvi's stupidity. He has seen virat, hardik, jadeja, rahul, risabh's love for ms. Touching ms infront of his kids is like teasing a lion in front of its pride. MS's kids won't tolerate a word against him. 

Yuvi was finding virat and Ms because he was fueled up. He was not liking everyone praising ms in front of him. Dada and sachin paaji already swooned by mahi now he heard how Jammy bhai was giving example of ms' s discipline and fitness to SKY and Hardik. He doesn't know why but he was not happy with special treatment ms was getting. Ms has also retired from international cricket but people die to see his one glimpse. They don't care if the csk lose match or win it, they wanna see ms in the ground even if for one ball or just watch him keeping. Not just in Chennai but everywhere he goes he receives the same amount of love and respect. Yuvi wanted that, even he wanted to live a life like that, being everyone's center of attention, getting fame, media going crazy over him, he always dreamed of a life like that. But unfortunately fate has different plans and his illness costed him his career. He was also pissed off to see how other players like sky, rahul were Extolling ms's virtues. 

Yuvi's PoV 

Was dad right about mahi all the while? Did he snatched away everything from me? But they love him because of his personality and nature. Didn't he living the life I've once dreamed of? Had I been the captain, these things would have mine, the trophies, the fame, the media attention, such a massive fan following, I would have gotten everything that mahi has now. He not only just took away my captaincy but everything. I won't leave him today. 

Harbhajan: Aree, yuvi yeha kya kar rha hai? Chal na party krte hai. 

Yuvi: Bhai please tu ja, mera mann nahi hai. 

Harbhajan: Chal na itna bhaw kya kha raha hai. 

Yuvi: Tujhe ek baar mein baat samajh nahi aati? Ja na.

Harbhajan left while making faces. 

Yuvi saw dada and sachin talking in one corner and he ran towards him. 

Yuvi: Kaise ho Dada? Aur aap kab aaye? Main aap hi ka wait kar raha tha. 

Sourav: It's been a while. I'm fine, what about you? 

Yuvi: Main bhi bilkul thik hoon. Waise aap log kya baatein kar rahe the? 

Sachin: Hum mahi ki baatein kar rhe the. Last year the way he played despite of his injury is commendable. 

Sourav: Reckless. Carelessness kehte hai ise. Thoda sa bhi dhayan nahi rakhta yeh khud ka. Abhi bhi soch ke gussa aa raha hai ki kaise apni injury ke saath 20 overs tak keeping ki hai. 

Sachin: Acha 😏.. Toh abhi jab mila toh daanta kyun nahi? 

Sourav: Daanta toh. 

Sachin: Yes, for whole 22 seconds. 

Sourav: Tune dekha nahi kaise bacche ka chehra utar ja raha tha. 

And sachin started laughing. 

Yuvraj's mood got off. Wherever he goes everyone singing mahi, Ms, mahi bhai, even he doesn't know what's bothering him, Mahi's bonds with others or his ruined bond with mahi? 

He excused himself and left. He was going towards Harbhajan when he heard kul-cha discussing about how they miss mahi bhai behind the stumps. How they enjoyed bowling when he used to be there. 

Yuvi: Stop portraying the person as God, players like him come and go every now and then. Focus on your game, one can't get team India's contract and another a spot in playing xi. 

Kuldeep and chahal's face fell. Kuldeep is a person who easily gets effected by someone's words while chahal is a extrovert but he didn't have the courage to speak in front of yuvi. They thought he is a successful senior, a wc winner while they are a struggling junior who couldn't do anything good for their own career, leave about country. And yuvi's words that they are not good enough hurt them. 

Yuvi: Listen you both, stop simping over that selfless guy, mahi is nothing but venomous snake who bites his own people an.. 

YUVI PA!!!! 

HOW DARE YOU TO SAY SUCH A NASTY THING ABOUT BHAI!! 

Yuvi : You are shouting on me cheeku? On your yuvi pa? Just because of that mahi. 

Virat: Please yuvi pa, you are elder than me so I'm respecting you for that but don't cross your line or I'll forget that we were friends once. 

Yuvi : What magical spell he has casted on you, such a flit... 

Virat : ENOUGH!!! IF YOU CAN'T TAKE BHAI'S NAME WITH RESPECT THEN DON'T. I HAVE NOT GIVEN ANYONE THE RIGHT TO INSULT MY BROTHER IN FRONT OF ME. 

Yuvi: You changed cheeku. Sorry you are virat now, the Virat Kohli. Ab kyu pehchaanega mujhe ab toh tu uss mahi ka cheeku hai na. 

Virat : I always have been mahi bhai's cheeku. And you are right I can't recognize you now as you are not the yuvi pa, my yuvi pa, you are a changed person. And I don't even wanna know any person who disrespects my Mahi bhai. So this is the first and last time I'm saying you DON'T YOU EVER DARE TO HURT MY BROTHER, IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY or else I'll forget that what you have done for the country and you are elder than me. I hope I'm clear. 

Virat left with terrified kul-cha. They got afraid of the situation they witnessed just now. They have always seen their virat bhaiya in jolly mood, pranking everyone, making everyone laugh, yes he is agressive but that's on field and that's his passion for the game and this was something else. They have never seen virat this angry, so much anger in his voice, the bloodshot eyes, the popped up veins. 

Virat asked kul-cha if they need something and they shaked their heads in negative, so he left to calm down his nerves. Virat doesn't wanna create any scene here, not for the party but for ms as if he gets know about this, he'll be the most hurt. Sanju came and started talking about some random things when kuldeep excused himself saying he is getting call from his home. Actually kuldeep was thinking about yuvi's words like how he is failing in his career, how he is failing to make it in playing xi. 

MS also came out of the party to the balcony to text sakshi that everything is going well here. She must have been worrying he though. He saw kuldeep and smiled at him. Ms kept his one hand and kuldeep's shoulder and started asking about his parents health, his domestic games while chatting with sakshi. But kuldeep's answer didn't satisfy ms, he was giving one word answers and was looking lost. He kept his phone in his pocket and focused on kuldeep. 

Ms: Sab thik hai na deep? 

Kuldeep: Ha bhai. 

Ms: How many times I've told you guys to not to lie? I can read your faces, now just tell me what happened? 

Kuldeep: Umm... Aa.. Bhai what can I do to be in the playing xi? 

Ms: Huh!? What type of question is it? I mean had you been asking for how to improve your game or line and lenght it would have made sense but this? What you actually wanna hear? 

Kuldeep: I don't know bhai, I just wanna play for the country bhai. 

Ms: You are still playing for the country bachha. 

Kuldeep: No bhai, not like that. I mean to play in every match, every tournament. 

Ms: Listen kuldeep, things don't happen like that. You are a  great bowler, consistent with your pace, a key player in the team so they want to use it like a trump card. They don't want you to get injured or overworked that's why they sometimes drop you off to to give you rest. 

Kuldeep: You are saying this, as I'm your younger brother right?

Ms: I'm telling you as not just your elder brother but also as a captain. We always want to keep our bowlers safe and hence sometimes we don't play them purposely. The reason is actually your game which is really good, you are important. 

Kuldeep: You think I'm needed? 

Ms: Most needed. 

Kuldeep hugged ms, he really needed someone to comfort him, cheer him up and tell him that he is important. 

Kuldeep: Thanks bhai, you are the best. 

Ms(teasingly): Acha ji. Toh batao who is best me or your virat bhaiya?

Kuldeep: Even my virat bhaiya would choose you. 

Ms: Smart one. 

Kuldeep blushed. 

Ms: Acha ab batao, from where this overthinking's bug came? 

Kuldeep: Nothing bhai, just a thought. 

Ms: And who induced this thought in you? 

Kuldeep couldn't lie and told what yuvraj told them and he also told him about yuvraj and virat's argument. MS's face fell, he was hurt but more than that he was angry on yuvraj for making his kids feel low about themselves. Ms can bear anything but his kids getting slightly hurt is where he draws the line. He asked kuldeep to enjoy the party while he'll just be back after a call. Kuldeep obliged him and left while ms left too. He did not have any call to make he was just trying to excuse. 

MS found yuvi in the trophy room. 

Ms: What's your problem yuvraj? If you have any issues with me say to me or whatever you wanna do but don't involve my kids in this. 

Yuvi: I have nothing to do with you. I don't even wanna see your face. 

Ms: Fine then what are you doing here, leave. But before leaving go to kuldeep and chahal and apologise them. 

Yuvi : You are not  the captain that I'll listen to you. And what did you say, apologize? That too to those little players 

Ms: YUVI!!!! They are my kids and you can't get away after hurting them. 

Yuvi: I didn't hurt them. I said the truth. 

Ms: And what is the truth? Making them insecure of their career is what you call truth? Demotivating them just for your own benefits is what you call truth? 

Yuvi: Stop this kids, kids drama. They are not your kids. 

Jadeja and Hardik was passing by and heard this commotion. They came to check and saw Ms and yuvi arguing. 

Ms: And who do you think you are to say this? Don't come between me and my kids, never ever. 

Yuvi: I would. Kya kar lega tu? Bol na 

And saying this he pushed ms. Not with much force to make him fall but with enough force to make him lost his balance for a moment. Ms was shocked, he never expected yuvi to do this. Yes yuvi is moody, short tempered but this? He never behaved like this with anyone. He was still contemplating when he heard jaddu's shout to leave Harry. 

Actually when yuvi pushed ms, harry and jaddu were behind yuvi. As soon as they saw yuvi pushing their bhai, jaddu rushed to MS's side while Harry held yuvi's collar and so did yuvi. And thus jaddu was shouting at yuvi to leave harry. 

MS intervened and made yuvi leave Harry's collar. 

Yuvi: See, you call these goons your kids? 

Ms: It's you yuvi who started first. I know Harry was wrong too but even you should control. We should behave like matured adults. 

Yuvi: Kyun sara theka tune le rakha hai kya? Mahan banne ka bohot shaukh hai na? Tujhe toh... 

And he held mahi's collar aggressively. Harry and jaddu was trying to separate them. But before that jaddu already texted virat. 

Jaddu's text 

Cheeku, jaldi se trophy room mein aa, mahi bhai aur yuvraj ke beech panga ho gaya hai. 

As soon as virat read the text he sprinted towards the trophy room.

Ms: You are not in your senses yuvi, I belive. Leave, don't make a scene here. 

Yuvi :I won't leave you today. I hate you. 

Ms:I know. 

Virat thought he'll handle things in better way and with calm mind but the scene in front him made him lose everything. 

Yuvi holding ms collar and Harry, jaddu trying to stop them.

It wasn't a big deal for any of them to make yuvi leave ms but they were holding themselves as they were afraid they would hurt yuvi and it would upset their bhai. 

Virat went towards them and with one pull he made yuvi leave ms. 

Virat: Aap thik toh hai na bhai? 

MS: Cheeku. Yes, I'm fine but how you came here? 

Jaddu: I called him. 

Yuvi: Aa gya tera cheeku. And Ms dhoni finishes off in style. But what did he finished? My relationships, my career and my life. You snatched dada, sachin pa, jammy bhai and cheeku too. 

Virat: DIDN'T I WARNED YOU TO NOT TO HURT BHAI IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY!? 

Yuvi : I would! I won't let this man live happily. Dad was right he is the worst person. He destroyed my career. 

Jaddu : Bhai didn't do anything. 

Yuvi : You would say so since, he saved yours. 

Virat : Bhai had nothing to do with your career, it was selectors who chose the team.

Yuvi : As if your bhai is a  saint. Didn't he go against the selectors for you? For Rohit, for jadeja? Then why not me??

Hardik : Seeing your behavior, thank god he didn't.

Yuvi: You just shut up! He is living my life, I was dada's kiddo he came and snatched him such a thief. I was about to be India's captain but they made him the captain. I was supposed to win the wc for sachin pa but he did. I wanted the limelight but he got. Name, fame, trophy he got everything. Wherever he goes fans stand in queue to get one glimpse of his, he gets the loudest cheers, even big players are fan of his, they die to play under him, I wanted all this. I wanted to posses this aura, I wanted to achieve this kind of success but this person has took everything. I hate this man. You are such a flith. Oh how I wish you never came in the team or just died during the surgery

Smack!!!!

Yuvi: You slapped me?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 776 15
Virat: mahi... Please Mahi: cheeku
7.6K 464 7
Just another bunch of fanfics about our favourites.. ❤
55.1K 2.7K 28
Trust, a word that has so much meaning to it. Which binds a relation to forever. But once it's broken was it easy to mend that broken relation again...
48.2K 1.2K 23
Just the same as the title describes it