Heartbeats and Handholds

By Nishu_writes

Ryan Davidson, an endearing, fun, reckless, daring, and yet heartbreaker. For someone like him who is only in... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight

Chapter four

120 9 0
By Nishu_writes

Ryan Pov:

I woke up to the soft morning lights and my head still slightly throbbing from last night. Yesterday I and Bella really had a wild night. The wave of memories from last night came to my mind. As I looked, Bella was still asleep beside me and we really had a great night. She really knows how to blow your mind.

I slowly disentangled myself from her and as I was about to gather my clothes from the floor, a reminder of the wild and crazy night we had I was dressing up as Bella woke up and she just sat on the edge of the bed giving me slutty looks. Fuck! She knows how to fuck with the mind.

"Good morning, getting dressed so early" she teased me with a hint of seduction and I replied casually. I continued to dress and I even told her to get dressed as well because we have college to attend and we are already late. And many people think that I don't give a shit about college and studies but I am actually serious about it.

As I was halfway buttoning my shirt I felt Bella's hand on my chest and she slowly put her hands under my shirt looking at me seductively she just pressed her lips against mine tiptoeing and whispered, "What's the rush? We can maybe recreate everything from last night" and she concluded with a wink. Oh gosh .... Fuck.. What am I gonna do with her, the temptation was too high to resist and as she slips her hand below my torso.... Fuck I can't control it now. I just grabbed her by her hips pulling her closer and guiding her to bed. As the desire and temptation took over the control, I literally forgot the world existing beside us. 

....................

A few hours pass by and oh god it's already 12:30 pm and we recreated all the activities from last night. Bella and I were cuddled up and her stomach growled and made a noise indicating her hunger I chuckled and I suggested we bathe and get dressed now.

As we got dressed then I decided to take Bella to a café downtown for lunch as we both hadn't eaten actual food since last night. We got into the car and I drove her downtown and I also put my phone to charge as it was switched off. We played music as we drove to the café.

As we reached the café there was a counter line. It was a long line or maybe because we were very hungry we felt the line was very long. After some time as we had our chance to order, "What would you like to order?" a familiar voice was heard and as I looked there, it was Mia. Like what was she doing here? "Of course she works here, look at her uniform" I rolled my eyes in my mind.

"One chicken burger and two iced lattes and one double cheese chicken sandwich" we ordered and as we were in our seats waiting for our orders. Bella was looking a bit disturbed I don't know why? Because she was fine just now. But I did not ask her anything and just scrolled my phone because I was already hungry and I couldn't hear her list of complaints which by looking at her, it looked like there were plenty.

Our order was ready and as soon as we got the food on our table, I don't know about Bella but I was a beast I could tell because I was really hungry so I did not even see her. After we had our lunch and were about to leave the café, "Wait, Ryan" someone called my name and as I turned to see who was it, it was Mia. I wondered why was she stopping me. Oh yes, maybe I forgot to leave her tip that's why. As she came closer to us I grabbed some money from my pocket and extended my hand she did not take the money, she was looking between the money and me. "I liked your service, here is your tip," I said trying to be polite but she shook her head immediately, "I did not stop you for the tip.... I wanted to tell you that the professor had shifted the deadline, so we have to submit it the day after tomorrow and we still have plenty of things to complete..... I tried to text and call you but ... " she said softly.

"Yes, my phone was switched off but ok we can work on that project" I interrupted her gently and I insisted she on a tip because really, I loved her service and she was working very hard Mia told me that today her shift was bit long so she is just free in the evening so I was about to agree to work in the evening but Bella in sharp tone interrupted making Mia as well as me bit shocked, "No, Ryan can't come today" and I looked at Bella confused and asked her why and she reminded me that I had promised her that I would take her shopping.  Yes, I had because she wouldn't stop annoying me unless I agreed with her. I somehow managed to convince Bella that the project is very important and I told her that I could take her shopping now as Mia has also her shift and I didn't have anything else to do today as well. So, I bid Mia goodbye and took Bella shopping. 

..............................................

It was already evening and I rushed to the public library where Mia and I had decided to work together. As I reached the library, she was already waiting for me. God! She is so punctual and she was reading something, my lips curved into a playful smile as I leaned to see if she was again reading a steamy romance or not but this time she was reading a course book for our project. "Hey, thank you for waiting." I greeted her and in return, she just gave me a polite smile.

We sat down to do the project and we were doing the project side by side. We both were putting in effort and the productivity was really high. We both make a great team. As we both were working but out of nowhere it started to rain very heavily and. The library got darker as the sky turned dark. We tried to focus but it was getting really bad and Mia looked so worried I was trying to stay calm.

"Maybe we should wrap up for today, it won't be good if we stay out long.... I need to reach my dorm" she said softly but I could pick up the worry in her voice. She was right we should get back to our respective homes. We both quickly packed our things and left the library but as we left the library, the rain was hitting the ground really hard and the wind was really strong and gusty. As I was about to walk towards my car, I saw Mia was looking down and she was so worried and scared. Her gaze was looking wandering around as if trying to figure out what to do. I was about to reassure her but then lightening struck and she just reached to my arms holding it tightly and her eyes were also closed. She was frightened I could say that as I could also feel her trembling against me as she was holding my arm so tightly.

"Hey, it's okay.. it was just a lightening," I tried to reassure her, and she slowly opened her eyes and quickly left my hand, saying, "I...I am sorry." "No worries, how are you going to get there? You won't find a bus, and the college dorm is a little far away," I said calmly, offering her to come to my flat because it's more practical, I have a car, and my flat is only a few minutes away, and it was getting dark, raining and thundering.

As I was waiting for her response she was again looking down and fidgeting the hem of her shirt and looking so torn to make a decision and I could tell she was very scared as well. I wonder why she is so scared and nervous. I understand that it might be scary to come to a guy's apartment at this time but she can trust me, I mean I would never take advantage of her.

"It's practical that you come with me right, I mean it's raining really hard and my apartment is just a few minutes" I tried to reassure her. However, she was still looking so confused and hesitating and her head was a bit bowed as her eyes were wandering in confusion. Why was she hesitating so much, doesn't she trust me that I won't do anything to hurt her? I couldn't help but feel mixed feelings of bit hurt, anger, and frustration.

So, I lifted her chin gently with my fingers making her look into my eyes, "Trust me Mia, I have no ill intentions towards you, I just want you to be safe that's why I am asking you to come to my apartment." She was looking into my eyes as if trying to see through my eyes. After some time, she finally nodded slowly not breaking the eye contact and I was happy that atleast she trusts me enough to come to my apartment.

I removed my jacket and put it on Mia's and my heads so that our heads were at least partially protected from the rain. I had to bend to reach her level because I was much taller. I took her hand and told her, "On the count of three, we'll run to my car," and she nodded. "One, Two, Three.Run!" I grabbed her hand, placed another hand on the jacket above our heads, and ran to my car. Even with a jacket, we were both wet from the rain, and I was a little upset that my car had also gotten wet, but we were safe, so I drove the car.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone.
I apologize for the delay in uploading this chapter; my college has begun, and it is difficult to keep up with everything. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter, and your support means a lot to me. You can show your support by voting, leaving feedback,
and sharing the story.

Also comment what do you all think of the characters so far? And i would really appreciate if u guys leave your feedback on this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 153K 63
π‡πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐒𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐝. π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐜π₯𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐀𝐲 𝐒𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜...
75.6K 3.1K 63
Taylor West is the epitome of self-reliance. Or she must be. Relationships are fickle. Despite finally enrolling in her dream studies and thriving in...
11.7M 518K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
116K 1.6K 47
"We... We really shouldn't be doing this." He whispers, leaning down, getting closer to her face. "Mhm..." She agrees but not really listening. - Mad...