My Valentine's Day

princessshree

Meet Katherine,a twenty four years old, living in London and running her own coffee shop. She doesn't believe... Еще

My Valentine's Day
Letter from brother
Visitor
Strange Night
Dilemma
Feelings
Strange Facts
Truth And Love
New Life, New Beginning
Past And Truth
Special Date
The Journal--- kate
It's the dream
Trapped
Jealousy???
Prince Edmund
The Ritual
The Unknown Vampire
Epilogue --- A New Beginning

The Journal

1.7K 30 1
princessshree

Alex:

I sat on the bed closing all the windows and door. I opened the first book and started reading it. The writing was great. But I couldn’t read few words. It was all about the time of the war. The war, that happened years ago in this place. I read every page of the journal but the most interesting one was the last page.

Mr. Bennett stated…

I could see people running all around to save themselves. The enemies wanted us to drive away from our country. But we were not ready to do. Some bravely fought for their families and country. But the foes won the war and made us captivity.

They led us to the underground cells and made us to stay there. Children and women were sent to other cell and we don’t know what they are doing to them. We can only listen to their cries and screaming. Screaming like they were being dragged by someone.

Days passed. The women cries were decreasing. They gave us food everyday but they didn’t want us to step outside. We don’t know whether it is raining or sunny or snowing. It was always dark inside. There was fire inside to keep us warm.

One day I saw my daughter coming inside. She had the most beautiful face. Her beauty was brightened and she looked cheerful. She came smiling to me.

“Daddy you won’t believe this. I am so happy,” she smiled while radiating her smile inthe dark cells.

I sensed some trouble. I knew something was wrong. I looked into her eyes. I couldn’t believe that but her eyes were glowing. I touched her. She was very cold and hard. She looked at me.

“Daddy, don’t hate me please,” she looked me pleadingly. She knew how much I hate them then why? Why she has to do this?

“You are not my baby,” I said in a serious tone. She flinched at my tone.

“Don’t say that daddy,” she pleaded but I ignored her pleas.

“You can leave now,” I ordered her and turned awat from her. My daughter is dead.

She left me. Others came to me and asked whether I enquired about their families. I lied that she doesn’t know. They were sad and some started crying. But I began to understand what was happening there outside.

“When are they going to leave us? When?” one of them asked me.

“John we have to do something, we have to plan something,” Peter, my best friend requested me.

“We are helpless my dear Peter, they are much stronger,”

“You can’t say that, at least you know your daughter is alive,”

I looked at their helpless and pleading faces. They deserve their freedom and I must do something.

“HELPPPPPP”

I heard her screaming. I left the book and ran downstairs. She was standing in the middle of the hall with a stick in her hand. I ran to her. She looked worried.

“What happen?” I asked her.

She didn’t reply me. I laid my hand over her shoulder and shook her. Her gaze left something and met mine. Her lips were trembling and her eyes.... those beautiful eyes held my ground. She placed  her finger over lips and signalled to shut my mouth.

“Shush…. Don’t yell. Don’t scare it or else it will go inside,” she whispered.

I looked at her in confused way. What the hell she was saying about? She bend slightly down and concentrated to the corner along with aiming the stick.

“Would you at least tell me what it is?” I whispered back. Normally I can't wait but with her silence... it was killing me.

She looked at me shyly. She doesn’t know how to say and what? At last she looked at me holding tightly the stick.

“There’s a….a … I mean it came so suddenly that I screamed and now if I don’t shoo it, it will remain in my house and I can’t sleep properly,” 

She started babbling saying this and that. I held her shoulder and made her stand straight. My eyes directly meet her's.

“What made you scream, Kate” I asked calmly.

“It’s…it’s a lizard…”

“What?”

“I said it’s a lizard. And yes I am afraid of them,” she looked at me seriously.

I started laughing. Girls are always girls. They can’t even hunt a lizard. Her face became hot but I couldn’t control the laugh. She stared at me but since I was not stopping, she ran to her room and slammed her door.

Shit…

I ran to her room and knocked.

“Hey listen, I am sorry. Do you want me to shoo that lizard?” I said controlling my laugh.

“Firstly you stop laughing and secondly I don’t want you to do anything for me,”

I turned the knob and realized that she didn’t lock it actually. She was sitting on the edge of her bed wearing her night dress and folded her legs together. For the first time I saw her body features clearly. She looked beautiful. Her waist was slim and had such an olive skin. The black silky hair was all long her back making her sexy. I felt the same when I entered the kitchen earlier. I was so close to her that I would have lost control.

I went to her and sat down near her so that I can see her face closely. She covered her face between her legs.

“I am so sorry. Will you please forgive me?” she lifted her head and nodded. Her face was full of tears and she looked like a small child crying for something. She looked so innocent that unknowing I lifted my hand and wiped the tears on her face.

She gasped in horror. I suddenly realized what I have done. I quickly held back my hand. She was still in shock. I stoop up and started to leave.

“Your hand is very cold.” she mumbled.

“Yeah…. Actually I am always like that. It’s late.... you better sleep now. Good night”

I left her room without giving her chance to ask any. I went into my room and closed the door.

Shit…shit. What I have done. Alex you need to control yourself.

I sat on the bed thinking of all the possibilities that I can answer her when she asks me about it. I made myself in great trouble. I couldn’t think of anything so I opened the book where I closed it.

I started reading.

I spent days working on the plan to help them. Again after few days my daughter came to meet me.

“Daddy please let me help you.” her voice was again pleading.

“I don’t want anything from you. You are changed and I think you no longer belong to me.”

She is my daughter…my blood. But her blood is changed. She started crying. Crying and pleading helplessly for forgiveness. I looked at her and at my people. I thought for a while and finally I came up with a plan.

“I will forgive you only when you help to free them,” I pointed her towards my people.

She wiped her tears and became cheerful.

“Oh!! yes daddy, I will help you,” she smiled like a small kid.

I asked all about the outside activities. She said me clearly that there are less soldiers and we can distract them easily. She said she will come tomorrow.

I waited for two days.

Suddenly one day she came running with a key in her hands. She opened the doors and guided us outside. It was broad daylight. She said she distracted the soldiers and now they are free to go.

Peter hugged me when we safely come out of the forest. I looked at my daughter but she looked worried.

“Daddy you must leave this country. They are very bad and they will kill you,”

“I want you to come with me,”

“No daddy, I can’t...”

“Then at least tell me what happened?”

She started telling me how soldiers use to come and drag the ladies outside. Anyone gone outside there was no returning. They didn’t know what was happening to them. Not until my daughter was dragged out.

She saw a handsome man standing alone on the ground. He turned towards her and smiled. The guards left her alone there with that man.

My daughter was talking about all the stuff that a teenage girl says when she fells in love. I understood that she fell in love with that man and he also. They wanted to live together so he changed her to his species. His species is nothing but the cold-blooded ’vampire’. I hated that. I hated that my daughter was a vampire. I can’t let my daughter to live a demon life.

I said her to come with me for one day. She refused. I insisted and I told her that I would send her again to him. She felt happy and decided to come along with me.

The very next day I went to my friend Peter and told him everything. I told him that I don’t want her to be vampire. Then he gave me a solution. A solution, which can make my daughter free from that world. He prepared for the ritual. A ritual of sacrifice. I knew I would lose my daughter but it was best for her.

I brought my daughter to the ritual. She was terrified. She also used her power to escape but Peter stopped her. He made her sit in the middle of candles and chanted something in his language. He produced a necklace. That necklace had a yellow crystal.

My daughter was crying, pleading and screaming. But I closed my ears. I know I would melt for her. After some time I couldn’t hear her anymore. I saw she was lying down in a box. I went to her. She was sort of dead. A life long sleeps where she won’t be disturbed. I picked the box and start digging the soil. Finally I buried her in that earth. My daughter didn’t die but she won’t live. I cried for her knowing she won’t come back.

After the ritual, Peter gave me the necklace. He told me to bury it somewhere that no one can touch it.

According to him, this necklace is the most powerful and it can bring back the life of the vampire.

I buried the necklace but later I realized that this could help me grandchildren and their generations. But it is dangerous to remain it freely. 

So to find the necklace I kept a riddle so that no one understands it easily. I kept the riddle where the sun makes the direct contact with the moon in this very place.

That’s it. Shit the journal is over.

But that was pretty interesting riddle. If only I can solve this, I can get the location of the necklace.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Kate

It was dark and I can’t see anything. But suddenly there was daylight. The sun was high in the sky and the place was beautiful. Everything was shining, the leaves, the flowers, the grass and the man.

He was standing there in the middle of the meadow with his back towards me. He was the handsome and he was shining. I saw a girl who was as beautiful as him. They were laughing and kissing in between. I walked towards them and unknowingly stepped in the stick which made a sound. They both turned towards me. The man smiled at me but suddenly the girl vanished in thin air. His smiled turned into angry. He glaring at me and started to walk toward me.

“RUN KATE RUN”

I turned to see Alex was running towards me. I looked at him. He was worried. Worried about something…

“KATE!!!!!”

I opened my eyes. I couldn’t believe what was that. I saw the clock which said it’s only 5 in the morning. I again closed my eyes and drifted in to sleep.

..............................

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

558K 28.1K 59
Free to read! 19-year-old Jane, newly-single, moves to London to work for her friend, Kitty. But Kitty is hiding something about the café - and about...
The Coffee Bean Stracy2

Любовные романы

1.1K 134 25
Emmy Lorraine is living her life exactly the way she wants to - owning and running her quaint coffee shop, The Coffee Bean, and enjoying her solitary...
90.7K 5.1K 57
After a difficult first few months working in the Brew Books café, Jane is finally feeling at home - until the past comes back to haunt her. ...
4.4K 47 18
KATHERINE SOLARIAN Katherine is a strong, powerful woman, she has always admired the story of how her parents changed history on the "Purebloods Risi...