Visitor

I woke up early in the morning and went for walking. The snow has covered the roads and trees. I could hardly find my way back. I ran to my home almost forgetting that I have a room to clean. I gave Shadow his breakfast and let him lose so he could run around. I put my old jeans and loose top. I rounded my hair and covered with a cloth. I opened the door and started cleaning. I removed all the web combs and cleaned the room with water. I changed the bed sheet with pink and white bed sheet. Well it is quite girly type but I have only those. I changed the curtains with white decorated with small blue flowers.

I cleaned the cupboard and kept flower vase filled with roses on the table. The room was perfect. Well… I managed it neatly and it was quite professional. I patted on my back and decided to clean the other rooms. It didn’t take much time and my house was neat as in clean and smelled good. I freshen up and wore short sleeve white knee length dress. Usually people wear them in summer but since I am staying at home so I think it’s not that bad. I brushed my hair but couldn’t decide how to tie it. My hair is black and silky. I let it remain free. I glanced at the mirror and went down stairs.

Shadow looked at me twisting his head to right. It was like he’s thinking why I got so dressed up. Then suddenly it hit me. Why on earth I was getting ready? To met some stranger.

Oh shit I don’t even know his name. My bro didn’t tell his name. Now when he comes I have ask him his name politely. How embarrassing!

I went to kitchen and started preparing my meal. I was preparing vegetable curry. I even don’t know he is vegetarian or a non-veg. But since he is a businessman, he would prefer anything. When I will meet him I will ask him what he wants. He would probably look like a true professional with business suit and briefcase in his hand. He would be busy everyday and I don't have worry too much about him. Well least he can take care of himself.

Suddenly I heard a car door slamming sound and rushed to the door. I once again glanced at the mirror and set my hair and dress correctly. I smiled at myself… why? Why I have to see in the mirror? I heard the door bell. I opened the door and I saw him.

He was nothing like that I thought. He wore black jeans along with green v-neck t-shirt and a black jacket. He had a bag which he held it on his shoulders and he looked handsome. Handsome isn’t the right word. He is the one you find in the model magazine. He has a light green eyes and pale skin. A well built masculine body and a sexy smile causing dimples on both his cheeks. I remained there looking…Actually staring at him in shock. I came back to reality when Shadow started barking. Generally it doesn’t bark at strangers but why at him?

He looked at the dog and suddenly he stopped and came to him waving his tail. I opened my mouth in shock. It never happens with Shadow. He bends down towards shadow and started stroking him.

“I think it likes you,” I smiled at him coming out of the shock.

“Ya, I think so,” he smirked. He has the beautiful voice and his smirk fasten my heartbeat rate.

I don’t why it happened like that….

“You are Miss Roberts?”

“Yeah, Please call me Kate” I smiled and extended my hand.

He took it and shook it firmly. Sparks shot in my hand and somehow I felt it nice. I shook hands with many but this time it's different.. as if I don't want to remove my hand from his. His smooth voice brought me back.

“Hi, I am Alex, your brother already told you, I think so,” he smiled. Why does he have to smile like that?

“Yeah, he told me. Please come in,” he left my hand and entered the hall with his bags.