-Spiritual Kinship- 2nd half

Red-woodstorm

The second half of Spiritual Kinship. In this part, Syouji becomes slightly Overpowered. But not totally Ove... Еще

Chapter X - A few things before you read
Prologue
Volume 1 - Chapter 1 - Disaster Aftermath
Chapter 2 - Christmas Spirit
Chapter 3 - Christmas Spirit part 2
Chapter 4 - Christmas Spirit End
Chapter 5 - Enter! The Second Spirit!
Chapter 6 -Spirit Date Plans
Chapter 7 - Date-A-Akiba
Chapter 8 - Date A Akiba part 2
Chapter 9 - Nia Otome
Chapter 10 - First-born crisis
Chapter 11 - Spirit Doujin
Chapter 12 - Comico
Chapter 13 - The Rumbling
Chapter 14 - Sold out
Chapter 15 - Honjou strike
Chapter 16 - Panic! At the Comico
Chapter 17 - Nia Truth
Volume 2 - Chapter 18 - Shrine Visit
Chapter 19 - Happy New Year!!
Chapter 20 - Long-Distance Conquering
Chapter 21 - Mukuro Hoshimiya
Chapter 22 - Fraxinus EX
Chapter 23 - Shattered boundaries
Chapter 24 - Fairy tale revelations
Chapter 25 - Body switch
Chapter 26 - King's rule
Chapter 27 - Clearing Doubts
Chapter 28 - Space invaders
Chapter 30 - Cosmic War part 2
Chapter 31 - Cosmic War part 3
Chapter 32 - Memories
Chapter 33 - Aftermath
Chapter 34 - Wet-fold Origami
Chapter 35 - Goldilocks
Chapter 36 - Love and Memories

Volume 3 - Chapter 29 - Cosmic War

124 8 4
Red-woodstorm

"Mukuro" Syouji called out.

Hoshimiya Mukuro. A young girl with flowing golden hair that was longer than her frame and a fluttering constellation themed dress, gently drifted in the vast vacuum of space.

Emotion had ceased to exist on her innocent face. Her pair of golden eyes still viewing the world without a hint of interest.

"......Hm." Mukuro spoke.

"Thou art pestilence at its core and poor remembrance to add. Dost thou ever give up?"

"Yeah. I'm a pest who won't give up and accept other people's feelings." Syouji shrugged.

"Well, he can be pretty annoying..." Shidou uttered with a wry smile as Mukuro sighed again.

"And what art thou doing? Dost thou wish to seal Muku as well?" Mukuro asked as Shidou nodded.

"Whatever it takes to." Shidou said, fist bumping with Syouji.

When they did that, although she could not find it in herself to harbor any disgust towards, him it did not mean that she didn't.

Mukuro displayed absolutely no emotion, be it malice or kindness. 

"Shidou... Are you ready to take down her Angel?" 

Upon Syouji's question, Shidou shot a glance at the key shaped staff held in the palm of her hand.

It was the Angel <Michael>, which possessed the ability to seal the functions of any object its tip stabbed into with a single turn of its bow.

According to Mukuro, she utilized that power on herself, locking away her own heart.

From that outcome, Joy, anger, sadness or any other emotions were sealed away.

Mukuro who had forfeited everything to drift in the blanket of the cosmos was interfered and unobserved by anyone.

That's why Syouji returned after being rejected, bringing his brother with him.

"Be it so, what bids thee to return, though the present thee flickers not?" Mukuro tilted her head and questioned.

"That should be obvious. I'm not a hologram. I came to talk to you face to face."

"Nonsense. Being drawn to your hypocrisy confounds Muku. Muku hath not sought salvation—"

"—You're wrong." Syouji cut into Mukuro's words in a stern voice, firmly staring into her eyes, he continued.

"I didn't come to talk to the current you. I came to talk to the previous you, the real Hoshimiya Mukuro whose heart isn't locked by <Michael>."

"...Huh?" Mukuro gave a snort of disapproval without the slightest change of expression.

"Ick. Dost thou believe Muku's selfhood? Muku hath time and again quoth herself, yet thou refuses to stop. With what standing dost thou remark against Muku?"

"It's true, you have indeed said it before. But why did you lock your heart? I haven't really got a clear answer from you for this one question." With a confident smile, Syouji spoke as Shidou looked at him with a worried expression.

"Are you sure about this?" Shidou asked as Syouji nodded in response.

He then made a complicated expression as if he had realized something.

"Perjury lay not upon me. Ask thou why? Dispensable forfeiture, nay, and aspects of misfortune I say. I know not what I used to anymore."

In their previous conversation, Mukuro indeed stated that she sealed her own heart of her own will. However, like now, when she had been asked for the reason, she gave an ambiguous answer.

"In that case, let me rephrase my question. Why are you in a place like this and why did you seal your heart? What have you gone through?"

Upon that, Mukuro put on a cheerless face, her mouth shut. after a few seconds, she let out a sigh.

"Very well." As if ignoring Syouji's question, Mukuro turned <Michael> in her hands and pointed its tip at the twins in front of her.

"Whether to heed mine warnings or otherwise is thy leisure. Likewise, however Mukuro responds is her own decision."

As she made that declaration, the floating rocks and mechanical debris surrounding Mukuro came flying towards Shidou and Syouji in a terrifying speed.

"—Guh?! S-Syouji?!" 

Shidou screamed in terror as Syouji maintained his relaxed demeanor and simply smiled before putting his left hand in front of him.

"Oh would you relax? I got this. Have a little more faith in me."

Syouji said that, waving his arm about.

Then, as if responding to his will, the projectiles were being redirected to the left and right.

"Hey, Shidou focus up!" Syouji ordered "I'm relying on your help to seal her."

"Eh?" Shidou's eyes widened upon hearing that.

Truthfully, Shidou has been feeling like he was not needed. Furthermore, he did not think the day would come when Syouji would need to rely on him to seal a spirit. This was his chance to help.

However, the other party was a Spirit who held tremendous power, not to mention one who was too headstrong to be sealed. A spirit that had locked her feelings away using her angel—

Shidou's eyes widened as if he realized something. Yes that's right. It was really that simple.

Shidou steeled his resolve, and took a deep breath before facing Mukuro once again. 

"—Leave this to me." He silently whispered as he extended his right hand at a slow pace.

"We're not leaving empty handed." 

Shidou regulated his breathing, concentrated on his right hand, sharpening his focus as a figure gradually began to form as a bright flash of light enveloped his hand.

He then called out the name of that Angel.

"—<Haniel>" In an instant, Syouji grimaced for a moment as a hot energy left his body and travelled through his right arm reaching Shidou's left arm as a long broom then manifested in his right hand. 

".....Oh?" Mukuro responded to the angel <Haniel>, which suddenly appeared out of nowhere. 

"An Angel eh? Thou bare similarity to a Spirit."

"It's not that." Syouji corrected. "We are the twin children of a Spirit. This is our power manifested."

"What insolence. Tis not possible for you, there exists not an angel capable of surpassing Muku's <Michael>."

"Maybe so. But—" Syouji stopped his words as Shidou picked them up immediately.

"Actually, there's one Angel that comes to mind."

Shidou curved his mouth into a smirk and poured energy into <Haniel> as he shouted. 

"<Haniel>—Kaleidoscope!"

In a split second, <Haniel> emitted a faint glow and changed its appearance.

It changed into a key-shaped staff, flawlessly morphing into the same <Michael> currently gripped in Mukuro's mind.

If Mukuro's heart was sealed by her own Angel, then it would take her own Angel to unlock her true self. The only Angel capable of that was <Haniel>. 

"If I were to do the same thing, I would enduce a painful headache. But if it's Shidou, I knew it would be fine."

Syouji said while showing a thumbs up to his brother.

"What sorcery is this?" Mukuro called out with astonishment.

"Uncanny, to think that thou has the ability to mimic <Michael>."

"Hmph. Don't underestimate my brother."

Syouji said that with a smirk as Shidou pointed <Michael> at Mukuro.

"With this, we'll be able to talk to you for real."

"You presumptuous dunderheads. Give Muku tolerance to instruct thee of thy place. To whatever extent your charade feigns devotion, dost thou verily imagine that thou art free to reign over <Michael> with skill?"

"Who knows?" Syouji shrugged.

"We'll just have to find out."

Shidou declared wielding <Michael> in his right hand as his left hand remained bumping Syouji's fist as they both amplified each other's abilities.

"Let's do this Shi-bro." 

"Yeah. We'll definitely unseal your heart and save you."

[=]

"All personnel prepare for battle stations! We're up against the world's most troublesome enemy! Stir up your mood!"

"Roger!"

The staff spread out in the bridge replied to Kotori with nervous looks.

Kotori motioned in confirmation and turned back her head.

Behind her, there stood nine girls. These were the Spirits whose powers had been sealed up until now.

Every one of them anxiously watched the image of Shidou and Syouji displayed on the main monitor.

Despite the presence of Syouji in the bridge, that was the clone that he left behind to oversee his duties in <Fraxinus>.

"Kotori!"

"Kotori."

"Kotori!"

Between the three who simultaneously spoke, one was a young girl who possessed characteristic dark hair and had crystalline pupils, the other remained the only Spirit to remain composed in such a dire situation, while the third had golden blonde hair and pink coloured eyes.

It was none other than Tohka, Kotori, and Mayuri. 

Kotori could guess what they were about to say as she earnestly sighed.

Upon that, Syouji's clone showed a wry smile. Convincing these three to stand down was indeed impossible. 

"I guess you have already made up your mind. Well, I never planned on having either of you involved in this fight at first, but now..." Kotori let out a sigh.

Ratatoskr was an organization which held safeguarding Spirits at its utmost priority.

Sending Spirits whose powers had been painstakingly sealed into the battlefield conflicted with their intentions.

Nevertheless, now was not the time to dwell on that. Moreover, a flame relentlessly kindled in the eyes of Mayuri, Tohka and Origami.

"Fine. In that case could I ask for—"

Mayuri, Tohka and Origami nodded in sync before Kotori could even finish her sentence. Upon that, all the other spirits expressed their opinions as well.

"I want... to help!"

"Heh, heh. With the power of the Yamai, even a hurricane can blow across the vacuum of space."

"Agreement. We are unable to sit idle in this situation."

"Exactly! Exactly! Syouji and my darling Shidou are out there fighting! I can't just stay here!"

"....If Yoshino's going, I'm going too!"

"Yeah! A final boss battle where everyone joins forces! Ah but my Spirit power is down now, so I guess I'll be supporting you guys from the ship. Sorry!"

Yoshino, Kaguya, Yuzuru, Miku, Natsumi, and Nia respectively spoke up as Kotori showed a defeated expression. 

"Why not? If you don't let them help they might partially gain their Astral Dresses. You won't have a choice but let them help Shidou and the other me at that point."

Syouji pointed out as Kotori heaved out a sigh.

 "Yeah, yeah. I get it, I get it. I'll be borrowing everyone's powers then."

The Spirits raised their fists and shouted a war-cry altogether. Their voices vigorously reverberated throughout the bridge, sending shudders all over Kotori's body as Syouji's clone showed a smile of amusement.

"Well, that's Tohka, Mayuri and Origami for you." Syouji said with a shrug.

"in that case, everyone should also try their best right? We can't lose to the Spirits! Let's show them what we got Maria!"

[Affirmative.]

Syouji shouted as the strain that previously painted the crews faces vanished in an instant and was replaced by alleviating encouragement.

At that point however, countless hordes of miniature machines were shown on the monitor being deployed from DEM's armada, swarming towards Shidou, Syouji and Mukuro.

It was none other than the Bandersnatch units, DEM industries unmanned weapons. 

"Tsk... those bastards—"

"C-Commander! I'm detecting signals from something other than the Bandersnatch units!"

<Deep Love> Minowa suddenly interrupted Kotori's cursing.

That was because on the main screen something, completely unlike the Bandersnatch units, were moving within the vague shadows created by the innumerable machines.

There were people.

There was a young girl who had blonde hair and was wearing a light blue and white coloured Combat Realizer Unit. She was being accompanied by four other individuals who looked eerily similar to each other.

"That's...!"

"—Artemisia Bell Ashcroft." Origami muttered the girls' name.

Although her tone was quite calm, and monotonous, a nervous expression gradually formed on her face as her hands clasped tightly.

Ultimately, Artemisia was a Wizard with power second only to Ellen Mira Mathers.

"Correct." Syouji uttered while looking at his console with a grimace.

"and according to intel from Samuel, it seems she's being accompanied by <SAMM> units. Biologically engineered super soldiers, specifically created to be top-of-the-line Wizards. Apparently, though their bodies being engineered to efficiently use Realizer Units they sacrifice their own lifespans to use the Combat Realizer Units succesfully. If they can't..."

Syouji's voice carried a tone of disgust as he looked at Samuel's body analysis. Indeed his body was pumped full of Mana. 

"Kotori, I'd hate to say it, but this is bad. We need the assist." Syouji said that as he turned towards Kotori.

"Kuh— then, proceed with the drop-off according to their location. Tohka, Mayuri and Origami, you three will go first. Get on the teleporter quickly."

"Un!"

"Understood."

"You got it!"

After replying so, Tohka, Mayuri and Origami hastily moved towards the teleporter unit installed inside the bridge. As Kotori watched them with a half-glance, she issued an order towards Syouji's clone.

"Prepare AW-111"

"Eh? Sure..." Syouji nodded his head.

"Yeah, Origami will make good use of it." Kotori nodded.

"Hmm... I suppose if someone were to use it, it would be her huh? Regardless it was designed for her anyway." Origami inclined her head in confusion.

Upon that, Syouji pulled out a branded silver ring, placing it before Origami.

The girl could only fix her dazzled eyes onto the ring and back at Syouji repeatedly. Then, after a second passed by,

"I do." Origami stated as she received the ring.

"What? No." Syouji raised his eyebrow.

"This is a Combat Realizer unit manufactured by Asgard Electronics, <Brynhildr>. It's the newest model. I personally designed it for you specifically. Of course, since I don't possess the means to produce it, someone else had to build it for me."

"I see. I'll make use of it then."

"Then, get going. The other Syouji needs your help."

Syouji said that while giving a thumbs up as Origami wore the ring on her right ring finger before nodding her head.

"All right then, if you're all done with that, Maria confirm the coordinates and begin the teleportation!"

Kotori ordered.

[Roger, starting the teleporter.]

Maria replied as the bodies of Tohka and the other two began to emit a thin, pale light.

The moment they disappeared from the bridge however,

"Yaaa...!"

Fraxinus bridge suddenly quaked from a severe, unknown force, eliciting a yelp from Kotori.

The commander was staggered by the unexpected attack, almost falling off her seat. However, the same could not be said for the Spirits who had fallen onto the floor.

"O-Ouch.... What happened?"

Nia gently rubbed her forehead, which had hit the solid floor while pouting with resent of the accident. 

"<Goetia> launched an attack at us." Syouji said with a straight tone.

"But fortunately, no damage was sustained to the airship thanks to Maria."

[Anytime.]

"Nevertheless, that's a cheap shot." Syouji pointed out.

If <Goetia> used ordinary magic-powered artillery shells, the blast would not have reached the bridge.

That means Ellen Mira Mathers went out of her way to borrow another territory for that attack as if to knock on Fraxinus door.

"She's definitely mocking us isn't she?!" Kotori fiercely gnawed at the lollipop in her mouth with her teeth.

In response to her statement, the speakers inside the bridge began to sound a warning siren which signaled an incoming transmission from outside the airship. 

[Kotori-san] Marina's voice was heard from the speakers as her image appeared on Syouji's console.

[Ellen Mira Mathers is on the line.]

"....Put it through." Kotori said with resentment.

—[Are you sure?] Marina asked.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Kotori stated.

—[...Very well.]

Upon that, an electrical noise scurried through the display screen, the image of a young woman was shown on the now clear monitor.

She was a beautiful blonde female of Northern European origin with skin as pale as that of snow. She was covered in platinum circuitry which clearly showed her status as a wizard. Her blue eyes imbued with unwavering self-confidence and strength. 

"....Ellen Mathers."

"Indeed. It has truly been a while since our last conversation, Itsuka Kotori." Ellen responded with a mocking smirk.

"You look like you haven't learned your lesson." Kotori retorted. "But things won't go your way anymore."

"Hmph is that warship the origin of your overconfidence? A new variety I presume. But it's useless. I'll shoot it down again no matter how many times it will take."

"How dare you—" 

"—Kotori. Calm down."

When Kotori showed signs of agitation, Syouji interrupted and looked into her eyes  with a nod while making a book with his palms. It was then that it had occurred to her. 

"again" she said.

Indeed, Fraxinus suffered a great loss against <Goetia> during Syouji's endeavor in the previous world. An ordeal that Ellen was not supposed to know.

"...I see. So it was Beelzebub's doing."

Kotori whispered as Syouji made a small nod.

That's right. The omniscient Demon King <Beelzebub> that Isaac Westcott had snatched away.

It was no mystery that they were able to acquire information they were not supposed to know.

"Hmm... your boss is really fussy, like a kid who just got a new toy."

"A kid huh... what you said may not necessarily be untrue."

"Oh? Not even a manga would have something like this. If that guy had thought about it a bit more, he wouldn't have personally come to the enemy's base, more so as the leader."

Nia said that while leaning on Syouji's chair.

"Well, it's not like you can blame him. It's fun to use a newly acquired weapon."

Syouji shrugged with a wry smile.

"Huh? What are you two talking about?"

In the instant those words reached Ellen's ears, for the first time her face turned into a grimace.

"Oh what's this~" Nia said in a teasing tone.

"Did he not tell you he would go to Ratatoskr's base?"

"Furthermore, he went up against that man you know?" 

Syouji said while drawing a circle on his chest.

With that, she showed astonishment. Or rather, ireful indignation.

"Not informing you of such matters, he doesn't have much trust in you does he?" Kotori said that to her in a mocking tone.

Ellen became quiet for a moment as she then returned to normal with an expression like they had never seen before.

She then tidied her long bangs as if to recompose herself.

"What a blatant taunt. Would I, of all people, believe in the enemy's words?"

"Well, whether you believe it or not is up to you. I'm only telling you what I know. Westcott fought against Shinji you know?"

Syouji said that with a mocking tone as Ellen clicked her tongue at him.

"It's true you know? If you wish you can verify the matters yourself." Kotori added.

"Nonsense. You're spouting nothing but lies. If you insist, I shall go verify it myself."

As she declared so, Ellen put on an incisive sharp demeanor and resumed.

"—Five minutes is all I need."

With that, the connection was severed simultaneously as the DEM Warships which appeared on the refreshed main display screen showed a variety of changes.

As they were keenly focused on <Goetia>, the other four ships encircled <Fraxinus> before they had the chance to even notice.

The flames of war stood on the verge of breaking out.

Then, after letting out a groan, Kotori shouted her orders to the crew members.

"Set the attributes of the territory to defense and fall back! Being surrounded will be hard to deal with, though other than <Goetia> they're all small fries. Before that happens—"

"Kotori-san!"

Kotori's words were interrupted by a voice from behind. It was none other than Izayoi Miku.

"Please teleport us outside the ship! I can't sit here knowing Mayuri is out there! Let us take care of the small fries!"

Following her example, the other Spirits voiced their opinions as well.

"Kotori-san can take on Goetia...!"

"Kaka, Tohka, Mayuri and Origami have departed to assist the Itsuka twins. We ought to follow suit."

"You guys..."

Although hesitating at first, kotori made a small nod.

"I'll leave it to you to obediently stay here."

"What?! how did it come to that?! We can help with our powers too!"

"Calm down Miku." Syouji said that while quietly putting on a headset used to control realizers as Nia curiously watched him in action.

"Your powers are needed here. What do you think would happen if all of you were outside? We need you guys here as a last resort."

"Hm? What does that mean, boy?" Nia raised an eyebrow as Syouji shrugged his shoulders.

"Actually, even I'm fed up with doing nothing." Kotori spoke up while adjusting the lollipop in her mouth.

"But since it's <Goetia> that we're facing off against here, perhaps—"

As Kotori shifted her view towards the Spirits, Kotori suddenly stopped her words. That was because for some reason, one of the Spirits was missing.

"Eh? Where is..."

"<Goetia> is approaching"

just then, a crew member's voice was transmitted from the lower bridge section, instantly pulling back Kotori's consciousness. There was no time to think, however. 

Even if Kotori had hidden herself away due to fear of battle, Kotori could not blame her for that. More importantly, she did not plan on coercing her to provide assistance. With a salute, Kotori issued instructions to the crew.

"Everyone, wait for the opportunity to strike! All personnel make preparations! We will be commencing soon!"

"Roger!"

The crew members firm affirmations reverberated throughout the bridge. Kotori licked her lips and fixed her gaze on the platinum aerial warship that was displayed on the main monitor.

"Here I come destined archenemy. I'll let you enrich your intelligence regarding the new Fraxinus' strength."

"Eh~ Does being overdramatic run in the family or something? Or did Syouji just influence you that badly?"

"Saying I'm like Syouji is the biggest compliment you could ever give me. Now then—"

Saying that, Kotori pointed at the screen and opened her mouth to speak.

"Let the war begin!"

Upon that, Syouji showed a wry smile as he endured Nia's sly teasing elbow being jabbed into his side.

End of Chapter

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

24.6K 496 19
The strongest heavenly commander, Unomiya Tenma has a weakness. What.. I mean who is this weakness ? Tsuchimikado Aria was his childhood friend who l...
1K 76 66
A lonely child with her pet dog was found on the streets and two male best friends found her in a hole outside of a building making them to worry as...
51.9K 912 34
Hayami Ayase lives near the Shiba siblings along with her older brother,Takashi. She attends the Hagun Academy for Mage-Knights. Even though they att...
79.1K 344 5
Syouji- Shidou's twin brother, has been living with the Itsuka family together after being abandoned by their birth mother. In this world, disasters...