š—•š—”š—¦š—§š—”š—„š——š—¦ I AEMOND & A...

By bananadrink

š—”š—˜š— š—¢š—”š—— š—§š—”š—„š—šš—”š—„š—¬š—˜š—” š—œ š—”š—˜š—šš—¢š—” š—§š—”š—„š—šš—”š—„š—¬š—˜š—” š—§š—µš—² š˜š—暝—®š—“š—¶š—° š˜€š˜š—¼š—暝˜† š—¼š—³ š—µš—¼š˜„ ļæ½... More

B A S T A R D S
I N T R O
B A S T A R D S - 0 0
B A S T A R D S - 0 1
B A S T A R D S - 0 2
B A S T A R D S - 0 3
B A S T A R D S - 0 4
B A S T A R D S - 0 5
B A S T A R D S - 0 6
B A S T A R D S - 0 8

B A S T A R D S - 0 7

1K 47 25
By bananadrink

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑎𝑑. 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑚 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡, 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠. 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑢𝑙.

"𝐼𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑟𝑦 𝑔𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦, 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼'𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠𝑡."

𝗪𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝘆 𝗠𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗿𝘆𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝟮31 𝗔𝗖. 𝗔𝗻 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗽𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 '𝗕𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀', 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗼𝗳 a 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗿𝘆𝗲𝗻, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗿𝘆𝗲𝗻. 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻𝘀.

Aurora stared into the mirror while the servant behind her brushed her hair and plaited it the way all Dornish girls wore it. Her fingers slid gently through her soft hair and a tingling sensation spread through her body. How strange that it felt beautiful when someone else played with her hair, but it caused no reaction in her when she did it herself. The servant smiled at her through the mirror and Aurora returned her smile.

"You have really beautiful hair, princess," she complimented her and Aurora's smile disappeared. She had heard the compliment before, but it was the exact opposite of how she felt. The reddish-brown hair she had inherited from her mother was just a constant reminder to her that she looked different. That the only thing she associated with a Targaryen was her family name.

"Thank you," Aurora thanked, standing up as the girl behind her finished. Aurora looked at herself in the mirror, dressed as always in black and red and she wondered if she would ever belong. If she would ever be accepted the way she hoped, but in truth, she had long since given up hope.

"I'm wearing green today," said Aurora and the servant looked at her in amazement. "I was sent a dress by my mother for my last name day."

The servant nodded, she obviously knew what dress she was talking about, but Aurora didn't take offense at her astonishment. She never wore green and the dress had always been hidden by her in the far corner of the closet. Aurora had only worn it once before, on her name day, and had cried all evening when she realized how much she missed her mother.

But the conversation with Daemon haunted her mind and with him and Otto present, Aurora knew she had to make a statement about who she felt she belonged to. Even if she wasn't accepted for who she wanted to be, she was still loyal to her family.

Arriving in the breakfast room, she received a mixed reaction.

Aliandra, who looked at her in amazement. Otto, who seemed satisfied for the first time. Aegon, who stared at her intently, and Aemond, whose facial expressions she was once again unable to interpret. And then there was Qyl, who looked at her uninterestedly.

And no sign of Daemon or Qoren.

Aurora took a deep breath and settled down next to her fiancé.

Aurora's gaze brushed Otto's, and when his eyes wandered briefly to Qyl, she knew what was expected of her.

She thought for a moment about how to start a conversation until she saw the jug of orange juice in front of her.

"Fiancé," she began, reaching for the jug. "May I pour you some orange juice?" Qyl gave her an irritated look and glanced at his cup. Aurora followed his gaze and suddenly felt stupid and embarrassed as she saw his full cup.

"Unless you want to stain the table with orange juice, no thank you, fiancée," Qyl scoffed, rolling his eyes. Aurora didn't know what to say for a moment and bit her lower lip. Panic rose in her and when she looked up, she saw Aemond's face. His gaze was intense and knowing. She wondered if he was feeling satisfaction at that moment.

"I'm still thirsty," Aegon said suddenly, pouring the entire contents of his full cup down his throat in just a few draughts and gasping briefly as, obviously suppressing a burp.

Then he held the empty cup out to Aurora and smiled at her. Aurora looked at her brother in surprise, who pointed at his cup when she didn't react.

"What's going on? Are you going to let your brother die of thirst?" he asked snappishly, but she heard the humor in his voice. It was stupid considering that he had just poured a full cup of juice down his throat. 

She nodded gratefully, knowing full well what Aegon was doing for her, and poured the orange juice into his cup. Aegon didn't take his eyes off her and the others' gazes were on her too. She wondered why Aegon was suddenly helping her, but Aurora had learned to stop questioning things and accept them.

Qyl gave Aegon a snide look and leaned back.

"You seem to be crazy about our orange juice, Prince Aegon," he began, not taking his eyes off the silver-haired man.

"That's right. Well spotted," Aegon replied arrogantly, his gaze shifting to Aurora as he added, "I love sweet things. I crave them all day long." His voice almost sang as the ambiguity crossed his lips and Aurora winced.

She slammed the jug down on the table so hard that some of the orange juice spilled over and landed on the table. She gulped and jumped up to reach for the servers, but Aliandra, who was sitting next to her, stopped her.

"That's what we have servants for, Aurora," she said sternly and Aurora realized what she was doing. No wonder everyone made fun of her when she behaved like this. Qyl laughed mockingly at her, wincing again as his hand landed gently on her head.

"How clumsy my betrothed is," he mocked, looking to Aegon. "Your sister really is always good for entertainment, Aegon."

Every muscle in her body tensed and her right hand clawed at the platter she still held in her hand. Before Aegon or anyone else could say anything, Qyl stood up and said goodbye to Otto, giving Aegon and Aemond a snide look. The hand on her head disappeared and with it Qyl.

For a brief moment there was an awkward silence, so awkward that tears of shame burned in her eyes, before Aliandra came to her aid.

"Prince Aemond, I hear you love history, as do I." Aliandra leaned forward and smiled charmingly at the prince in front of her. Aurora knew that look, and though she knew Aliandra was doing it for her at that moment, she felt an unfamiliar uncomfortable tug in her chest. 

"I love Dornish history, especially that of Nymeria, who led our people across the stepping stones from Essos to Westeros to the region of Dorne and helped House Martell unify Dorne. But she is not the only one who united something, right? I would love to hear about your family story. About Aegon I., the Conqueror."

Aurora looked at Aliandra in disbelief, but her friend's gaze was fixed on Aemond, who barely reacted. Nothing bored Aliandra more than history. The only thing that interested her was Nymeria and their similarities to each other. She often called herself the new Nymeria. A very ostentatious appellation, but Aliandra reached for the stars and was not ashamed of it.

"A good suggestion," Otto interjected, placing a hand on Aemond's shoulder. "The boy can tell you anything you want to know, my lady. He'll take good care of you."

Aliandra gave Otto a brief smile before looking back to Aemond. "I'm sure he will," she replied seductively and Aurora felt sick to her stomach. 

Jealousy flooded her body and when Aemond nodded and offered Aliandra an arm, the way well-behaved highborn men did, Aurora felt ashamed of the thoughts that flashed through her mind. Aliandra did it to draw attention away from her, but still Aurora could feel nothing but displeasure and jealousy as Aliandra stood up and touched Aemond with her soft hand. They both left the room together, closely followed by Otto, who only gave Aurora a disapproving look.

 The last word had definitely not yet been spoken.

"Your fiancé doesn't seem to have much interest in you, sister," Aegon said suddenly and Aurora was startled. She looked at her brother, who was smiling at her. For a second, she had forgotten that she was now alone with him.

"Your attempts seem to be failing. Maybe you don't have the practice. All you have to do is ask and I'll show you how to please a man."

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows and gritted her teeth as he gave her an angry look at Aegon and jumped up from the table. 

"Thank you, I'll pass," she spat and Aegon laughed at her reaction.

She could hear Aegon's laughter all the way to her chambers.

Even when she was out of his reach.

Aurora's scream was stifled by the hand pressed over her mouth and when she tried to sit up, she was pushed back into her pillow.

Panic rose within her.

"Calm down, sister," Aliandra said and suddenly Aurora recognized the racy beauty sitting above her, looking down at her with amusement. Aurora breathed a sigh of relief and flopped back into the pillow, giving Aliandra a disapproving look.

Her nap was ruined. She lay down because her head hurt so much. The embarrassment in the morning had affected her more than she wanted to admit. But maybe it was just the pressure of Otto's expectations on her.

Her friend released her hand from her mouth.

"For calling me sister, you seem to want to send me to my grave quickly."

Aliandra laughed as she looked down at her. "Don't be such a bitch, Aurora. I just took my chance and sat on a Targaryen. I hear the women in King's Landing can't get enough of them."

Aurora screwed up her face. "Aemond's not like that."

"How nice of you to think of Aemond, but I thought it was obvious I was talking about Aegon."

Aliandra scrambled forward and now leaned directly over Aurora's face as she sat astride her. Aurora, on the other hand, did nothing but lay there quietly, watching her friend play with her hair.

"I heard he visits a new whorehouse every night. Dorne has many whorehouses, but I'm afraid he'll have been through them all before he leaves."

The idea alone made her feel sick.

"Well, he can carry on at home then."

"Hmm, I think he'd rather stay here, the way he looks at you."

"What do you mean?" she asked irritably, her brow furrowing. Aliandra clicked her tongue and straightened up again. Even from this position, she looked like a goddess.

"I know you were raised differently, but don't tell me you're actually that blind. And deaf to boot. Aegon doesn't make much effort to hide it."

Aurora didn't say it, but she knew exactly what her friend was talking about. And the fact that it wasn't just hidden from her, but had already caught Aliandra's attention, meant that in the worst case scenario, it could soon reach Otto's ears as well.

"Aegon hates me and he loves to humiliate me. He never misses an opportunity."

"But for hating you so much, he was very willing to stand up for you at breakfast."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Who knows."

"You should have heard what he said afterwards."

"What did he say?"

"You don't want to know."

"Aurora."

"He offered to show me how to satisfy a man so I could seduce your brother."

"And did you take him up on it?"

"Aliandra!" Aurora shouted indignantly and raised herself up on her elbows. Aliandra laughed out loud and her eyes sparkled. She was enjoying this conversation too much, if you asked Aurora. Aliandra had grown up completely different from her, but still, she had to know how inappropriate this all was.

"Don't be angry, my sweet Aurora," Aliandra said, pushing Aurora back into her pillow. She gently stroked her hair out of her face as she smiled down at her.

"You're a beautiful woman, but your shyness is a big problem. Your brother is not wrong."

"You're saying I should take him up on his offer?" Aurora asked, shocked.

"No, please don't. Find a man with more class than your brother. But it doesn't change the fact that most men are like Aegon. They're different from us women, although I have to say I'm a bit out of sorts. But we live here in Dorne. Everything is different here."

Aurora knew immediately what she meant. Even though Aliandra was a woman, no one had a problem with her repeatedly having a lover visit her bedchamber. Maybe it was because she was a Martell, or maybe it was because things were done differently in Dorne.

"I've tried to convince your brother. Several times. This morning was another attempt that failed miserably."

"Because it was miserable," Aliandra said mercilessly and Aurora gave an indignant pout. "But admittedly, Qyl is annoying. Men like my brother have to be forced to be happy."

"Your brother doesn't want me." He'd never wanted her before and that was a fact. He had never shown any interest in her or given her hope in any other way. Aurora was no fool and by now she understood Qyl's rejection but eventually they would both be married to each other. At the moment, that was not a rosy prospect.

"No, my brother doesn't want you not, he wants something different. That's a difference. Give him something different."

Aurora tilted her head a little.

"I don't understand what you mean."

"Surprise him. He thinks you're a prude. Stop being a prude." Aliandra grabbed Aurora's hands and placed them on her hips as she began to gyrate them. Aurora looked at her through wide eyes as Aliandra ran her hands over her body. "Show him what he's missing."

Aurora swallowed as she felt Aliandra's soft body under her hands. Excitement flooded her body. But it was not of a positive nature.

"You want me to offer him my virginity even though we're not married yet?"

The very idea made her nauseous. Not because she despised the idea, but because she knew what her family would do to her if it became public knowledge. She knew what they said about Rhaenyra Targaryen, though no one had any proof. People judged quickly and harshly.

"Who cares about garbage like that?"

My family. The people at court. The people in the gutters.

"All of Westeroes."

Aliandra laughed snidely as she continued to play with Aurora's hands.

"All of Westeroes has a stick up his ass," she mocked snidely as she leaned forward and pressed her mouth to Aurora's ear. "Fucking is not a sin, Aurora. It's a pleasure. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or has been forced into something they don't want. You may have been forced into this union, Aurora, just like my brother, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy your life."

But that was exactly what it meant, because as a woman, Aurora had no other choice. She knew what was expected of her, what was wanted of her and she had no intention of getting into any more trouble. Aliandra didn't realize how different life in King's Landing was from here.

"My family will despise me."

They already did, actually, without Aurora sneaking into anyone's beds.

"I wouldn't have suggested you share this experience with them," Aliandra replied coolly, straightening up again.

"I'm not trying to persuade you to do anything, but as your friend, I have the right to tell you that. Live your life, Aurora. Enjoy it. You only have one."

Aurora processed many things through her diaries and sometimes it was like another world in which she could immerse herself and in which only she determined where she was going until reality caught up with her again. She couldn't get the conversation with Aliandra out of her head even hours later, which is why she had dinner delivered to her room and spent her time writing down her thoughts and worries, knowing full well that they would remain locked inside forever.

She wrote about a lot of things, basically everything, and this book in front of her was one of the many she had already filled up and carefully hidden under her bed.

Aurora put the quill aside and rubbed her aching hand. She had no idea how long she had been writing, but it had still been light when she had started. She looked up from her desk into the dark starry sky. This was her favorite time in Dorne. It was cool enough to bear the heat and the sky was clear and dreamlike. In those moments, she wished she had a kite so she could try to reach for the stars that would probably remain out of her reach forever.

Aurora flinched when there was a rumble at her door and Aegon entered her room without notice or permission, obviously drunk.

"Aegon!" she shouted indignantly and jumped up. She approached her brother, who looked at her in surprise. He looked around in confusion.

"Oh, this isn't my room at all," he slurred and then looked at Aurora, who looked at her brother in shock. "Well, I'll just spend the night with you then." He pointed his index finger at her and Aurora slapped his hand away in annoyance.

"You must be insane," she spat and grabbed Aegon by the shoulders to push him towards the door. "If anyone sees you here-"

"Why? Are you expecting someone?" Aegon stopped and looked at her suspiciously.

"Even if I would, which I don't, it would be none of your business."

Aegon grinned.

"Then I'll keep you company."

"I'll pass."

"You're so mean," Aegon whined playfully, pouting. "We haven't seen each other for so long, I thought-"

"Stop thinking and get out!" Aurora interrupted him and opened the door, only to slam it shut again in a panic.

Aegon looked at her in irritation and reached for the door. "What's wrong, why-?"

Aurora slapped his hand and her brother looked at her indignantly. Her heart hammered against her chest and she gasped for air. This was the worst-case scenario that could happen. Had they had no mercy on her up there?

"Our grandfather is at the door."

Aegon's face turned pale. "What did you say?"

"He's standing outside the damn door talking to someone," Aurora explained in a panic, drawing in a hissing breath. She felt sick. She felt sick to her stomach.

"D-did he see me?" Aegon asked in a panic. She was sure that this was less about her than about him. She knew that Aegon had no more respect for anyone than for his grandfather. And she had heard rumors that he was almost as big a disappointment to him as she was, which really wasn't easy to do.

"I don't think so, he had his back to us."

Aegon stopped and gave her a strange look. "Then why the panic?"

Aurora looked at him as if he had fallen off the changing table too many times as a child.

She was about to answer him, to berate him for putting her in this situation, before there was a knock at the door and Aurora's heart stopped. Aegon and she looked at each other in panic.

"Aurora? Your grandfather is here," Otto announced himself in a monotone and Aurora felt herself go white as a sheet. "I want to talk to you."

"Damn it," Aurora whispered and looked at Aegon, who was standing haphazardly beside her. She reacted quickly and grabbed him by the shoulder.

"What-," Aegon began indignantly, but Aurora slapped her hand over his mouth, pressing it to his lips as hard as she could and pinning Aegon against her closet.

Aegon released her hand from his mouth. "I usually welcome it when women get rough, but I don't think this is the moment-"

"Shut up and hide," she ordered sternly. "Grandfather is going to kill us."

"You," Aegon laughed and grimaced. "He needs me as a figurehead for the throne he'll never have." Bitterness resonated in Aegon's voice and Aurora looked at him in surprise for a moment, at least until there was another knock at the door.

"Aurora?" Otto didn't sound very pleased.

"I'm coming, Grandfather! Give me a moment, please," she called a little too loudly and opened her closet. This was not the time for senitmental moments.

Aegon looked at her with distaste. "Dream on."

"Get in there right now!"

"I won't-"

"Aegon!" Aurora hissed as quietly as she could and grabbed her brother by the shirt. "I know you don't care about me, but if Otto sees you here, I'm ruined. He'll destroy me. He already hates me anyway, so please don't give him a reason to hate me more." 

She heard how whiny her voice sounded and felt more pathetic than ever to show Aegon this side of herself, this fear, but right now she had no time for vanity. Her heart hammered against her chest and she looked pleadingly at her brother.

"Please," she added softly and Aegon's gaze softened. Suddenly, she saw something like mercy in his face, and when he forced himself into her closet without comment, Aurora breathed a sigh of relief. She closed the door and took a deep breath before walking to her bedroom door and opening it.

"Grandfather," she greeted him and tried to smile, which she failed to do when she saw Otto's cold expression. Her chest heaved quickly.

"You've kept me waiting a long time." A sin.

"I changed my clothes," the lie shot across her lips and Otto scrutinized her with a raised eyebrow. She followed his gaze and realized that she was wearing the same green dress as this morning. She could see that he didn't believe her, but obviously he didn't seem interested enough in her useless lie to go into it.

"I will ride out with Lord Qoren tomorrow morning," he informed her. "I'll turn the conversation to your upcoming wedding. It's about time."

Aurora opened her mouth in surprise, but said nothing. It wasn't as if her opinion mattered, and at the moment she wasn't interested anyway.

Obviously Otto hadn't seen her brother and she breathed a sigh of relief.

Aurora nodded humbly. "Of course."

"Unfortunately, Qoren is too taken with your uncle, but we're not here to waste our time like Daemon, which is why I sought out the conversation today. I want you to join us for lunch together tomorrow. Qoren's son will also be with us and I expect you to be on your best behavior. I'm glad you made an effort this morning, but your performance was rather...," he stopped short, seemingly looking for an acceptable term for her embarrassment, "of an improvable nature."

That was putting it kindly.

"I hope tomorrow isn't ruined by your foolishness."

Otto seemed to forget that she had been here for years and nothing she had done had changed their engagement, but it would hardly be useful to tell him about it. Otto was only interested in himself and what he wanted, which was why she just nodded. "I understand," she added, lowering her eyes.

She felt Otto's gaze on her for a brief, unpleasant moment and she feared that he wanted more, but then she breathed a sigh of relief when Otto let out a satisfied hum and turned around without a word of farewell.

Aurora breathed a sigh of relief. Otto's presence was, as always, oppressive and burdensome. Closing the door behind her, she leaned against the wood for a brief moment, closing her eyes and collecting herself before looking towards her closet.

The gods had been merciful to her today. She had been lucky in misfortune.

Aegon looked at her in surprise as she opened the closet door. As she looked down at him, she felt a moment of satisfaction at seeing him huddled there. How easy it would be now to close and lock the door again and ignore Aegon's existence.

"Is he gone?" Aegon asked monotonously, and Aurora tried not to roll her eyes.

"Of course, or I wouldn't open the closet."

Strangling Aegon with her clothes would also be an option, but it would remain wishful thinking forever. Instead, she made room as he crawled out of the closet and stood back up in front of her.

"The clothes smell like you."

The conversations with her brother became more and more dimwitted, so that Aurora had the feeling that a part of her brain was dying.

"Maybe that's because they're mine."

Aegon held one of her dresses and nodded in understanding, as if she had given him a completely relevant piece of information.

"Can I take one with me?"

Aurora made an irritated face. "For what?"

Aegon began to grin. "I need-"

"Stop," she cried in a panic and raised her hand. "You'd better not tell me what sick thoughts are floating around in your head again." She snatched the dress from his hand and threw it back into her closet, standing in front of it. Aegon looked at her indignantly.

"You didn't even let me finish."

"Not interested, Aegon," Aurora shouted, annoyed, throwing her head back. Why had she been punished with such a brother? "Can you please leave now? I already have enough problems and every second you're here is a second too much."

Didn't her brother understand how dangerous this was for her? Or, as always, did he not care? She knew her brother was cruel, no one knew it better than her, but didn't his cruelty come to an end at some point?

Aegon stared at her for a moment before his eyes sparkled dangerously again. Aurora hated that glint.

"Say please and I'll go," he demanded and Aurora's mouth fell open in shock.

"Excuse me?"

He came up to her and grabbed her chin. Aurora gritted her teeth as Aegon blew his breath in her face. He smelled of alcohol and oranges. At that point, she didn't know what she hated more.

"If you ask me nicely, I will. Come on. You were always so good at begging back then."

She winced and the blood froze in her veins. Her brother belonged in the seven hells. Every time she thought she saw something good in him, he proved her wrong.

Aegon obviously enjoyed humiliating her, but she understood that he had the upper hand at that moment and even though everything in her resisted, she gave him what he wanted.

"Please, get out of my room."

He laughed with satisfaction. "Say my name," he ordered and came closer. Aurora took a deep breath as she looked up at Aegon. He was so close to her that she wished she could vanish into thin air. He stroked her face gently while his other hand still held her chin firmly. His touch burned like fire on her skin.

"Please, leave my room, Aegon," she pressed forward in humiliation and saw Aegon looking down at her with satisfaction. He made no attempt to hide how much he enjoyed her submissive behavior and regarded her for a moment before breaking away and winking at her.

"That's all right. That's all I wanted," he sang contentedly and pinched her cheek before turning around and opening the door to the room. "Sweet dreams, my Aurora," he said goodbye and Aurora clenched her hands into fists. Aegon was unbearable and she hated that she always had to suffer through it.

She realized how nice it was to be without him. Maybe Dorne wasn't a punishment after all, but the best thing that could ever happen to her.

When Aegon disappeared from her field of vision, she breathed a sigh of relief. She stared into space for a moment before walking to the door to close it again. She would just pretend that this had never happened. Aegon was like a plague that kept coming back to torture her all over again.

But just when she thought it wouldn't get any worse, they surprised her again. Her gaze slid to the side and where her grandfather had stood before, Aemond now stood staring at her motionlessly. Aurora's eyes widened in shock and she looked in the direction where Aegon had disappeared.

A sudden rush flooded through her body and it felt as if her soul was leaving her body.

"Aemond," she said in a shaky voice. "You surprised me, what-"

"I was hoping I was wrong," Aemond interrupted her and she winced. Aemond's voice was colder than ever. His gaze was fiery and she could see he was boiling inside. And the worst part was that she knew his anger was directed at her.

"That Aegon's comments are just idiotic lies, that I'm just imagining things, but apparently I not only got a selfish brother, but a sister who's hardly any different from him."

His words were sharper than any Valyrian sword.

Aurora took a step forward. She shook her head in panic as despair and fear raged within her.

"Aemond, it's not what you think."

Her brother commented on her words with a snide snort that made her wince. She looked around. She was alone in the hallway with him, but that didn't mean his rejection was any less brutal.

He approached her and Aurora took a step back.

"Oh, so you mean Aegon didn't just come out of your room and I was just mistaken? I mean I only have one eye left, thanks in part to you, maybe I can't see properly."

She shook her head in despair. No, that was just a dream. A bad, despicable dream. Why was she always caught in situations that someone else had gotten her into?

"Why was Aegon in your room?" 

"He was drunk and-"

"Did he force himself on you?" Aemond interrupted her sharply. Aurora looked at him in shock. This was going in completely the wrong direction. All her fears seemed to be coming true.

"No, but I-"

"So you let him into your bed because you wanted to?"

Aurora kept shaking her head while Aemond looked down at her with hatred and contempt. Her heart burned at the look on his face and she felt tears welling up inside her.

"Our grandfather is trying to strengthen our family at this moment and you thought it was a good day to lose your honor?"

To describe the feeling Aurora felt at that moment as panic didn't even begin to describe it.

"No!"

It seemed as if Aemond couldn't hear her. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards him as he towered over her. He made a terrifying sight and she felt the fear paralyzing her body. 

"Do you really care how mother is doing? Not only does she have to constantly justify herself for you, but now you're also bringing shame on her. What happens if Little Robin suddenly gives birth to silver-haired bastards, even though her husband has cute brown ones. Do you want to be like our half-sister?"

Aurora tasted the salty water of her tears first before she realized that they were rolling down her cheeks. She kept shaking her head while she was at Aemond's mercy. She no longer recognized her brother at all. She had already gotten used to the disapproving expression, but the contempt in it hurt all the more.

"S-stop calling me t-that," she pleaded weakly.

"What? Little Robin or a disgrace? Because obviously you don't seem to care about the latter."

"N-nothing happened, I promise you, I-"

"Because your promises mean so much," Aemond scoffed contemptuously. Brutal. Without mercy. 

She flinched. "Listen, Aurora. I don't care who you let into your bed, but at least make an effort not to make it so obvious."

Aurora understood that there was no point in trying to convince Aemond that she was not a whore, as he had accused her of being. He believed what he saw and Aurora didn't even hold it against him.

Suddenly she felt weak and exhausted.

"Are you going to tell Grandfather?"

Aemond was silent and just looked at her for a moment before he let go of her without giving an answer and turned to leave her standing carelessly.

Aurora looked after him in despair as her tears held nothing back now, not knowing what to expect.

Follow me for sneak peeks and spoilers or visit my profile.

So what do you think of this story?

Which connection do you prefer? Aurora x Aegon or Aurora x Aemond?

And thanks for reading this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 3.2K 29
Mirror mirror on the wall... Who's the fairest of them all? Step mothers were always given a bad reputation but its the step children that were evi...
63.6K 3.1K 25
Odessa Hightower was trouble that Viserys couldnt help but fall for. šŸ‰ "She tears me apart when she grants my wishes." āš”ļø Most characters belong...
27.1K 1.3K 11
šŒšššžš„šš š“ššš«š ššš«š²šžš§ šÆššš§š¢š¬š”šžš¬ šØš§ š­š”šž š§š¢š š”š­ šššŸš­šžš« š”šžš« š¬šžšÆšžš§š­š” š§ššš¦šž šššš², š›š®š­ š§šØš­ ššš„š„ ššš¬ š¢ļæ½...