It was always written βœ”οΈ

By Aax_axxx

"Alayna would be no Ayla Khan." Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
πŸ—£Announcement πŸ—£
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 48

43 3 6
By Aax_axxx

I really don't want to let them go🥺😭
******

She nodded at Xavier, allowing him to run after her son.

The uncle nephew duo ran, giggling together. Their laughter echoing through the hospital's dreary corridors.

Did the walls feel morbid, like the sterile white colour painted on its surface? Are the doors as tired as they sounded? Did the seats weep with families as they were given horrific news in a monotone tone?

She took a seat, fear spreading throughout her being.

She wanted it all, but she was afraid of losing it all. Only this time it might be all at once.

Her mind drifted back to her conversation with Xavier.

"Our plan didn't work. They knew almost immediately."

"Who?"

"Lucius."

She looked at him confused.

"I've never heard that name."

"Lucius Dominic Sokolov. You killed him."

She simply nodded.

"So he was a bigger threat than I assumed."

"Yes, he bought a bounty on your head when he heard that you killed Romanov. He knew you were coming to him."

"So he tried to kill my son." She sighed, glad she had left Cihan with Xavier.

"When news circled that he had been killed, his son was out for your blood, Mikhail's head and Cihan."

"What does that mean?"

"He tried relentlessly to kidnap Cihan."

"Was he successful?" She was curious.

"Of course he wasn't. There were close calls, but I hope you know my loyalties lie with you and Mikhail. They forever will." Despite feeling upset that she was undermining his ability, he felt it was much more important to re-establish his loyalties.

"I know Xavier but I couldn't help doubt it when I couldn't find you." Sudden fatigue hit her as she had another thing to worry about.

"Don't worry yourself Alayna, I killed him and all those affiliated with him." He whispered as Cihan stirred.

"Thank you." She spoke breathless and in immense gratitude, her hand instinctively stroking her bump.

"How many months are you?"

She sat up straight, "Xavier, you know I would never cheat on Mikhail."

"I know. I was just asking, you look like you're far along."

"6th month. Right before I was arrested."

He threw his head back letting a hefty laugh out.

"It's definitely a firm fighter like it's mother."

Alayna laughed at how he was addressing her child.

"Mikhail is also a trooper you know."

"You're his strength. He would have never made to this age without you. Your love and his love for you was the only thing keeping him going. He would have killed himself years ago."

She looked at him, completely silent.

"So would I."

Mikhail was everything to her.

Why was she hesitating?

She stood up and began to walk in the same direction as her son had.

-

Mikhail had been restless.

He was waiting for her.

His eyes had been trained on the clock.

It had been well over 5 hours.

The doctor had told him that she had sent an email to him as she couldn't get through via a call to tell him that she would be there in 5 hours.

He did as he promised her.

He waited.

He was bubbling with giddiness.

He was so excited to see his wife. (If my husband doesn't act like this, 🦵 🏠 He's getting kicked out.)

His door was pushed open with such force, he jolted out of his skin.

There stood a small human beaming up at him.

His little human.

"BABAAAAA!" He bellowed running towards him.

Mikhail leaned down and pulled him up onto the bed, ignoring the piercing pain in his back.

Mikhail held his son close and gave him kisses.

He hadn't seen him in what felt like years.

Just as they were beginning to talk the door burst open.

It was a big human this time.

Xavier.

"Uncle Xavi you loser." Cihan laughed.

"I love you Mikhail, my brother, but that son of yours is a little snake. He tripped me up in front of all the nurses and doctors. I'm so embarrassed. Is this how you repay me? I don't want a nephew like you."

Mikhail laughed.

All the waiting had been worth it.

He opened his arm to his buddy. asking for a hug, to which Xavier happily obliged.

They were talking the 3 of them.

He could sense something was not right with his son.

That look in his eyes.

He recognised it.

He recognised it easily as it was the same look he himself had for most of his life.

He had failed his son.

That thought made him hold closer and tighter.

"I'm sorry my lion." He whispered.

Cihan didn't understand.

Xavier did.

"I tried Mikhail. I did all I could."

"I know, I would never blame you, It's myself that I blame."

"Don't. It was our cruel fate. Nothing could have prevented it, there was men everywhere. The Maldives, Russia, Pakistan. We had to face them, there was no hiding."

Just as he opened his mouth to ask a question the door was pushed open and the doctor greeted him.

A figure stood behind him.

Unrecognisable until she stepped forward.

His wife.

His face broke into a smile.

He was beaming with happiness, he held out his arms as she ran into them.

She was giggling like a little kid.

She breathed in his scent.

"I missed you so so much."

"Thank you for waiting."

"You promised to wait for me forever, could I not do the same for you?"

He kissed her forehead.

She was beside him, in his embrace.

"I don't wish to break this up, but please be careful in your condition Mrs Khan."

He left instantly, as did Xavier and Cihan. To give them space and time.

Mikhails's face dropped as soon as the words registered.

"Condition? What's wrong? Are you ok?" His arms moved from her face to her arms, checking them even though they were fully clothed.

She let out a small giggle.

"No Mikhail. Its not that." She got up from the bed, out of his reach.

She stood so he was looking at her from the side, she pulled the coat of her body and put her hand on her bump.

He looked at her shocked.

"When did you find out?"

"4 months, I'm in my 6th month."

Mikhail swung his legs over, and tried to stand up.

"Why-"

He slowly pulled himself off the bed, and took small steps towards his wife.

He pulled her into his embrace, repeating the words: 'I'm so sorry'.

His weight began to become too heavy for Alayna.

"I think we should go sit down Mikhail."

He realised what he was doing and straightened his back, only to realise he was so tired and his legs didn't want to move.

Alayna pulled his arm around her shoulder and began to drag him.

They made it to the bed, she pulled his legs onto the bed and got on there as well.

She lied in his embrace, something she had been dying to do.

"I was fine Mikhail's, I was in Pakistan. I had people around me."

"I know you Alayna, maybe even better than myself. You don't have to a mask on in front of me."

She snapped.

"I've been dying to see you. I never why to be away from you ever again."

"You never will from now on, I've asked my God to never part you from me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.2K 12
I hated my life, mostly because I was always being compared by my sister. Other then that my life was pretty normal... Well until my sister brought h...
2.6K 90 9
Katsuki Bakugo and Shoto Bakugo's life after getting married.
95.6K 1.3K 48
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 π›πšπœπ€ 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐨π₯ , π€πšπ₯𝐒𝐲𝐚𝐑 𝐒𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐑 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐑𝐒π₯𝐞 𝐬𝐑𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐑...
12.1K 177 62
Requests are open. Title says it all. Read the rules and instructions first before requesting. REQUESTS ARE STILL OPEN AS OF JULY 14 2022 AND WILL CO...