Tensura: The Slime and the Hy...

By Bokilin

A man named Satoru Mikami is killed during a botched mugging and finds his soul reincarnated into the body of... More

The Slime, Dragon, and Cambion
Fight for the Goblin Village
Through the Dwarven Kingdom
The Conqueror of Flames
Attack of the Ogres
Forest Disturbance
Orc Disaster
Seasonal Activities
Festivities for Jura
Milim Nava
Fun to past the time

Jura Tempest Federation

335 13 5
By Bokilin

Benimaru: Can I help you?

As the Kijin began to take their leave, they stopped when Benimaru noticed the Orc rep from earlier following them, seemingly hesitant to speak.

Orc Rep: ...Even if it ultimately is survival of the fittest, hate is not an emotion that can be forgotten so easily. For what we did, how we... destroyed your village.

The Orc on his hands and knees.

Orc Rep: I can't tell you how truly sorry I am... and I know the request I'm about to make is a selfish one. But please, I plead that you take my head as penance and have mercy on my people!

Benimaru: ...When the battle was over, we told Lord Rimuru and Lord Blake that we wanted to keep serving them. So they gave us official titles.

Shion: I am a Samurai! Ours Lords personal bodyguard and secretary.

Benimaru: Hakuro is an Instructor. Souei is a Spy. The others, Kurobe and Shuna, also have the official titles of Swordsmith and Holy Princess. While I hold the title of Samurai General, making me in charge of military affairs. It would wrong to rob us of such a capable warrior. I will show no mercy to those who would dare harm our lords, but if you joined our alliance, then you and I are not enemies.

Orc Rep: I will never wrong them sir! They are responsible for saving me people! I just want to serve them to the best of my capabilities, and I'd never bear any ill will.

Benimaru: That makes us both servants under Lord Rimuru and Lord Blake. Do your best to support our masters, and I'll consider that as your apology.

As the Kijin left, the Orc could only stand in shock before bowing his head.

Orc Rep: I swear on my father King Gerudo's name.

Blake: I hope your not being to hard yourself.

The Orc turned to see Blake standing there with a small smile.

Orc Rep: L-Lord Blake! I-

Blake: Calm down. I saw what you tried to do, and I agree with Benimaru. Yes, you and your people did do a lot of bad stuff, but it was for a good reason. So take this opportunity to prove that mean what you said, show us and the world what the Orcs are truly capable of. After all, while sins can't be forgotten, they can be forgiven. If not from others, then at least from yourself.

He stared at Blake for a bit, before bowing.

Orc Rep: I understand my lord! I promise that me and my people will the hardest we've ever had in our entire lives to prove ourselves worthy of forgiveness and serving under you and Lord Rimuru!

Blake: I look forward to it, Geld.

???: ...Huh?

Blake: Your father's name was Gerudo, right? Geld is a variation of your father's name, so I thought you'd like to have it. What do you think?

???: It's... glorious! B-But are you certain...?

Blake: Hey, every other living monster in our home has a name, and I refuse to have you be the lone exceptions.

???: Then I graciously accept this offer and will do everything I can to live up to it!

With that, the same golden glow that had enveloped every other monster when they were named had also took and Geld. Engraving the name onto his soul and making him evolve into a High Orc.

After that, me and Rimuru were forced to spend the whole day on naming the remaining 150,000 Orcs. To which, Mimir kindly told me that they and Great Sage could take over for me and Rimuru to give out names, which I accepted.

I also might have done it because not only was it quicker, but when I learnt how Rimuru was planning to name the Orcs... no, just no.

We also gave the Chieftain of the Lizardmen the name of Abil, making him evolve into a Dragonewt.

But while that whole thing was going on... I couldn't help but echo Geld's words in my head. About how hatred is not an easily forgotten emotion.

When he said this, a certain image came to mind.

It was the image of tall man with fair skin and long black hair that shined with sparkles that were like stars in the night sky. He had two horns that curved to the back of his head, the upper halves obsidian while the lower halves were silver in coloration. His eyes seemed to almost shift between a that of cold blue and bright yellow.

The beings mere presence exuded an aura of celestial power and I could felt a very strong sense of familiarity with him.

The first emotion was awe, then joy, and then... anger.

I felt so angry at seeing his face, but I didn't know why. It felt like I had once really liked the guy, even if I couldn't remember who he was, but then it seemed as though that same happiness had turned to pure hatred for a reason I couldn't know... or rather remember.

Rimuru: Hey Blake, you coming?

I shook my head and looked at Rimuru who was waiting for at the entrance to town.

Blake: Y-Yeah, I'm coming.

Three Months Later:

Thanks to the teachings of Kaijin and the Dwarf brothers, the Orcs quickly became valuable members of our town.

Due to the Orcs natural size and strength, they were great at carrying heavy items for buildings and were quick learners when it came to the concepts of construction and organizing.

Not only were the houses coming along a lot quicker, but we also managed to make an actually aqueduct that allowed for clean running water for baths and flushable toilets. We've even begun the construction of full on roads for when we inevitably begin working with commerce and trade.

Unfortunately, such peace can only last for so long since just came to us with an important message.

A large group of Pegasus Knights led by Gazel Dwargo himself were coming this way.

Me, Rimuru, Ranga, Rigurd, four of the Kijin, Rigur, and Kaijin all ran to the front to meet them.

Benimaru: Well my lords, what should we do?

Rimuru: If possible, I'd like to avoid a fight.

Shion: No problem my lord, would you like for me to destroy them?

Blake: That literally goes against the opposite of what Rimuru wants... but if things turn south then I will deal with it.

Rimuru: You certain?

Blake: I am the official guardian of the Jura Forest and literal nephew of the Storm Dragon, so it is my job. Though if truly needed, I can at least by time while you guys evacuate.

As the Knights landed, Kaijin quickly ran to kneel before Gazel.

Kaijin: It is good to see you again, your majesty.

Gazel: Have you been doing well, Kaijin?

Kaijin: Yes.

The Dwarf king then turned to see us.

Gazel: Ah, the duo that caused so much trouble in Dwargon.

Rimuru: Let me reintroduce us, my name is Rimuru Tempest and this is my brother Blake. Though I am a Slime, I would prefer if you didn't call me that. Because I'm also the Chancellor of the Jura Forest alliance.

Rimuru then turned into his Human form.

Rimuru: Obviously, this isn't my actual form. But it should at least make talking easier. So what can we do you for?

Gazel: I'll get straight to the point. I'm here to determine your worth.

Rimuru: Meaning?

Gazel: I'll judge you... using nothing but the steal of my blade.

He placed a hand the hilt of his sheathed sword, surprising everyone with his words.

Gazel: If you insist on boasting about being Chancellor of this forest, then it's up to me to put in your place. Unless that sword is but a decoration on your hip, you'd have better accept my challenge.

Dorf: Please wait sir! You don't need to do this!

Gazel: Would a clash between blades not be the most direct way to settle this dispute.

Rimuru: ...Alright, I'll accept. But I'm gonna making you regret accusing me of just bragging.

The two took out their swords and pointed them at one another.

Gazel: If you can defend against my entire chain of attacks, then I shall forfeit and declare you the winner. However, I should warn you that in addition to being a king, I am also a master swordsmen.

Rimuru: Got it.

The two took out their swords and took stances opposing one another.

Then a familiar green light appeared, with Treyni now standing between the two.

Treyni: Very well, then I shall serve as witness to this contest.

Unsurprisingly, the abrupt appearance of a Dryad definitely shocked the Knights and even made Gazel smile.

Gazel: I guess I should apologize for accusing your of mere boasting. I think I have a better understanding now. But still, I do need to evaluate your true nature.

Rimuru: Fine, then bring it on! But after I win, you better be prepared to explain your real reason for coming here.

Gazel: Heheh, if you somehow do, then I'll give you an answer.

Rimuru then launched himself at Gazel, landing several blows that were all easily blocked by the more experienced swordsman, resulting in Rimuru being slammed back by Gazel with one hit. Taking the opening, Gazel swung his blade at Rimuru who managed to block, but was pushed back by the sheer force.

Gazel then lifted his sword in a familiar stance that of Hakuro's.

Gazel: Haze: Thunder of Heaven and Earth!

The Dwarf king disappeared with Rimuru narrowly avoiding a strike from below before raising his blade and blocking the second hit from above.

Gazel: Hehahaha! I can't believe you actually managed to block my attack!

Treyni: Enough! The winner is Rimuru Tempest.

Gazel nodded and sheathed his sword.

Gazel: Now that we have battled, I know truth. It is obvious that you are not a malicious being.  Though I must admit, I am amazed that managed to see through my Haze: Thunder of Heaven and Earth. You truly are an amazing fighter Rimuru.

Rimuru: It was more luck then anything. It just so happens that my master uses that move all the time in training, so I'm use to it.

Gazel: Really? Wait, who is your master?

He then gasped in surprised when he saw Hakuro approaching, he appeared to recognize him.

Hakuro: That was excellent work, Lord Rimuru.

Gazel: You're... the Savant!

Hakuro: Well now, you don't look anything like the little boy I found lost in the forest, you are much bigger now! Oh, please forgive King Gazel. I must admit, I am overjoyed that you managed to surpass even my own skills with a sword.

Gazel: It's an honor to receive such a huge complement.

Ah, so Hakuro was the one who trained Gazel, huh? It's surprising just how connected everyone in this world can be.

Later:

That night, everyone had gathered up to talk and discuss more on the reason for why Dwargon had come here.

Rimuru: So this was about the Orc Lord? You wanted to know who was behind his downfall.

Gazel: And to see if they were friends or enemies.

Blake: And apparently, trying to beat them into the ground was the best way to find out?

Gazel: You'd be surprised how effective it really is. Anyways, Blake and Rimuru, I have something I'd like to ask. How would the both of you like to forma an official treaty with me?

Rimuru: Huh?

Gazel: If you both were take control of this forest and it's surrounding areas. It would be possible that you'd attain wealth and power that could surpass my own nation. Henceforth, It's imperative that you gain support from another country.

Rimuru: I wouldn't mind, but... are you really okay with acknowledging a town of monsters as a nation? That's a pretty big deal.

Gazel: I do, and I accept it. This deal would benefit both parties, we would all stand to profit.

Rimuru: Alright, then it's a deal.

Gazel: Now all that's left it to pick an official name for the nation.

Rimuru (Great, a name... no pressure or anything!)

Blake (What did you think of?)

Rimuru (Why not just call it the Great Jura Alliance? Treyni had kinda already established that, didn't she?)

Blake (Eh, that was more or less the name of the binding agreement between the various monsters of the forest to work together. So it's more of a treaty rather then a name we can use.)

Rimuru (Then... how about Jura Tempest Coalition?)

Blake (Hmm, Jura for the forest we call home, and Tempest for the two of us as the nations founders... not bad, but there is one problem.)

Rimuru (What?)

Blake (Aren't coalitions meant to be temporary alliances? Last time I checked, we're trying to keep a permanent united force here. So calling it that makes it seem like this alliance isn't meant to last forever.)

Rimuru (Good point, What about the Jura kingd-no it won't work because I'm a Chancellor and your a guardian, and it can really only be called that if one of us if officially a king and royalty...)

Blake (A Democracy and Republic are also kinda off the table too, sense I'm pretty sure our positions of power are meant to be more or less permeant, rather then temporary. Which aren't exactly the kind of things that work much in those types of governments.)

Rimuru (True... oh! How about the Jura Tempest Federation?)

Blake (A federation... as in a group of different societies joining together in a united government formed from common goals and shared interest... yeah, I think that describes us well enough.) 

Gazel: I can tell you two are discussing via "Thought Communication." Have you decided?

Rimuru: After some debate, we've settled on the Jura Tempest Federation.

Gazel: Ah, an excellent name.

Shion: Those are our lords!

Rigurd: Hold on, if this the Jura Tempest Federation, then that means we should name the capital after our lords!

Blake & Rimuru: What?!

Shion: What a fantastic idea!

Benimaru: Yes, no one can possible object to that decision.

Gobta: Wait, but there's two of them...

Rigur: And we only have the one capital...

Shuna: That is quite a conundrum...

They tried various ideas for what the capital could be, including trying to mix our names together into thing likes "Blamuru" or "Rimuake." But needless to say, that wasn't going anywhere.

Shion: Um, can't we just build a second city that directly connects to this one? So that way, we'll have one city for each lord.

Rigurd: That's... an excellent idea, Shion! We will make another city next to this one, and give them both the names of our lords! They will become the Dual Capitals of Tempest!

Benimaru: It will take time and effort, but the whole thing will be worth it.

And so (against our wants), everyone had decided that they're would be two cities that would make up the capital.

The Blue City of Rimuru and the Black City of Blake, with a district between the two cities serving as the overall center of the nations power.

Though, the entire capital still needed an official name and so we agreed to given the name of Haven, the Dual capital of Tempest.

With that done, everyone partied until the morning where the Pegasus Knights left back to Dwargon.

...And then came back literally two days later.

Gazel: Blake! Rimuru! I have returned.

Rimuru: Obviously, but why?

He nodded to Dorf and Vaughn, who were holding what looked to be a body that they tossed in front us, with the top opening up to reveal a foaming Vesta.

Rimuru: What the hell?!

Blake: Um... is he dead?

Gazel: No, he is perfectly fine.

Rimuru seemed taken aback, while I knelt down and poked at his head to see if he was still kicking.

Rimuru: Don't just poke at him!

Blake: ...So you brought us a kidnapped man?

Gazel: He wasn't kidnapped.

Blake: The way this looks just screams otherwise...

Gazel: You see, after the trial, I stripped Vesta of his position of minister. Since then, he has not been allowed to do any work under me. Despite that, it is wasteful to let such a gifted man sit around and do nothing. So I ask that you give him a job.

Kaijin: But my king! You should think about the needs of Dwargon over us. The Dwarven Kingdom will surely suffer without his knowledge.

Gazel: Bold words from a man who left Dwargon behind all by himself.

Bold words from the man who pretty much gave him no choice but to...

Gazel: Our nations are allies now, so sharing resources is what we do. This is your chance to develop your country even further.

He then turned to Vesta, who had finally recovered from his coma.

Gazel: Vesta, I want you to study here. Devote yourself to it.

Vesta: I shall. This time, I promise to live up to your expectations my king.

He then turned to us and bowed his head.

Vesta: Lord Blake and Lord Rimuru, Kaijin, I am truly sorry. If you would allow it, then it would be my honor to work here and serve.

Kaijin: Hey Blake and Rimuru, listen, If anything should happen then I'll take responsibility. So please, say yes.

Rimuru: If this is what you really want Kaijin, then I trust you.

Blake: Normally, I'm not too big for second chances without good reason. But if Kaijin and Rimuru are willing, then I guess you can stay as long you actually contribute.

Vesta: Thank you my lords. I promise to give you nothing but my best efforts sirs!

With that, the Dwarves left.

Blake: Now then... what are you guys doing here?

Our attention now turned to Gabiru and his fan club who had just arrived here barely an hour ago.

Gabiru: Hahaha! I, the illustrious Gabiru, have travelled here in hope that I could assist you!

Blake: ...Shion.

Shion: I'm on it my lord.

She grabbed the hilt of her massive odachi in preparation to butcher the now scared Gabiru.

Gabiru: Please just hear me out! The real reason we came here is because we want to join your ranks. On my honor, I swear we'll prove to be useful to you, so please!

As Gabiru and his group knelt, the captain of the Lizardmen guard showed herself with her own group.

Captain: My brother knows he was wrong. All he wants to do is repay his debt.

Rimuru: Your the captain of the Lizardmen guard, right?

Captain: Yes, and unlike my brother; I was not cast into exile.

Gabiru: Hey!

Captain: Instead, my father sent me here in hoping that I could learn more about the world.

Gabiru: Wait, so you didn't come because you missed me?!

Captain: Ew, no.

Gabiru: GAH!!

Blake: That makes sense.

With the Lizardmen now our allies, it was decided to give them official names.

I named the captain Souka, while giving her subordinates the names of Toka, Saika, Nansou, and Hokuso.

As for Gabiru...

Rimuru: Gabiru, don't give us those puppy dog eyes. You can't be jealous since you already have a name, it's Gabiru.

The second he said that was his name, yellow particles flew out of Rimuru and into Gabiru. Essentially engraving Rimuru as the one who gave Gabiru his name.

Now that I think about, I recall Veldora mentioning something about how you could override a person's influence on a magic-borns name if you either possessed far more magaicules then them, or the original namer was dead.

And with Gelmud dead, Rimuru had basically just taken ownership of Gabiru's name.

Since the damage had already been done, Rimuru then gave Gabiru's three fanboys the names of Yashichi, Sukerou, and Kakushin. Mainly because now he felt obligated to.

Naturally, we named every single Lizardmen that had come with them after that.

I gave Souka and her group to Souei to be trained as future spies and assassins.

While Gabiru and his men were immediately put to work inside the cave where Veldora was kept at, in order to grow more Hipokute herbs, along with helping out Vesta and Kaijin who became the heads of our science department.

Just like with literally every single other monster that was named, the Lizardmen had all evolved into Dragonewts, with those under Souka's command took on a more Human look, similar to the Kijin. While Gabiru and his group appeared like more evolved and stronger looking Lizardmen, kinda like the Hobgoblins.

Since the formation of Tempest, our population had well exceeded the limits of a hundred-thousand.

Unfortunately, such a large and diverse civilization can cause... issues.

Rigurd: I will never agree to this!

Shion: It's a secretary's jurisdiction. I refuse to compromise on that.

Rigurd: Well that's fine, but the same goes for me!

Ririna: Both of you, please calm down...

The argument continued, with pretty much know one being able to agree on this matter.

Kaijin: What a damn shame, we're not getting anywhere with this...

Benimaru: We need to get both of our lords opinions!

Geld: Agreed.

Rigurd: There is no doubt that this definitely effects moral.

Benimaru: Shuna, are you ready?

Shuna: I am.

She entered the room with a stoic look, before she pulled out two clothes racks that each had two different pairs of clothing.

Shuna: We had this somewhat precocious little blue outfit, and this cute cheerful yellow look. Which one would look better on Lord Rimuru?

With that done, she put them back and reached to the other rack.

Shuna: And here, we have this amazing looking black outfit, or this beautiful white dress. Which one would look better on Lord Blake?

Yes, the debate that was causing such a ruckus, was over what clothes looked better on us.

Rimuru had been given two outfits that were chosen to fit well with his primarily feminine look, while Shuna was at last kind enough to make two outfits that could fit me either way due to my androgynous appearance.

Basically, Rimuru, despite being male, was given clothes that were used for young girls. All the while, I was given clothes that could go either way, which made even more since as I had no real gender.

I mean, neither did Rimuru, but the main difference is that he was originally a male before reincarnating. As for me, according to Mimir, I had been genderless since the day I was born and could just choose whatever gender I wanted to look like.

Everyone turned expectantly to us.

Rimuru: So... is this really that important in the grand scheme of things?

Everyone: Yes!

In the end, Rimuru choose the yellow school dress, while I went with the black overcoat.

Later:

Rimuru: Constructions really coming along well, maybe I'll go out and inspect everyone's work today.

Shion then entered the room, holding a large block of wood.

Rimuru: Hello there, Shion.

Shion: Good afternoon my lord!

She then placed the block down while rolling up her sleeves. She then grabbed her odachi and brought it down.

Shion: As you know, my lords always gets my best with no exception ever!

With every cut, she split the block into more and more flat pieces of wood, to the point it was starting to pile up in the room.

After Shion had left, Blake had entered the room and saw the mess.

Blake: ..What happened in here?

Rimuru: Well...

The door opened to reveals Shuna holding a cup of tea.

Shuna: Lord Blake, I brought you that tea you desired.

Blake: Oh, thank you Shuna.

Suddenly, the door slammed open again with Shion running in with more "tea."

Shion: Lord Rimuru! I brought the tea for you-AH!

The "tea" spilt all over Rimuru after Shion had tripped over her mess. Luckily, our dear Slime had "Pain Nullification" "Ailment Nullification" and "Self-Regeneration" all activated at the same time, preventing some of the more lethal damage.

Blake: Oh... my... god...

Shuna: Oh dear...

Shion: I-I'm sorry...

Rimuru: It's okay... everyone makes mistakes... even if it is everyday. And even if this tea you made is... SOME KIND OF TOXIC SUBSTANCE INSTEAD!! It doesn't matter. You can excellent secretary Shion, your perfect... AS LONG AS YOU DON'T MOVE! BECAUSE ONLY YOUR LOOKS ARE PERFECT!!

Shion dropped the plate and looked stunned before her face suddenly brightened.

Shion: Lord Rimuru... I'm shocked that you would honor with such praise!

All of us could only facepalm.

Shuna: Oh Shion...

Blake & Rimuru: She'll never get it...

After that whole fiasco, we decided to pay Benimaru a visit. By the time we arrived, Benimaru was already leaving to go on patrol.

Rimuru: What's up? The Great General's going on patrol himself?

Benimaru: In truth, it's the only talent I have. But in this... I will come in second to none. Whatever it takes, I will protect this town, and you my lords.

Damn this man is smooth.

Rimuru: He rattles off those pickup lines to naturally... this is why I can't stand hot guys...

Blake: You make it sound like you don't get a lot of attention from the women in this city anyways...

Suddenly, only a few seconds after he had left, Benimaru stormed back in with a flustered and confused look while holding a bunch of gifts that the girls in front of him, who were all over him, had given over.

Benimaru: I'm sorry my lords, but those girls over there just gave me these and I have no idea what I'm even suppose to do with them! Do either of you?!

Blake: Oh, you too huh?

Yeah, a lot of the girls had done something to me a few times, though they have been backing off a bit due to a certain pink haired Kijin's notice of my situation.

Rimuru put a hand to his chin in thought before a devious smile came over his face.

Rimuru: Wow! You sure got it rough!

He gave the brightest and most BS looking friendly smile I had ever seen.

Benimaru: That smile... is unsettling.

Blake: I want to punch that smile so badly...

Rimuru: I'll gladly give you some tips!

I was about to make a comeback before noticing some of the girls starting to climb over the fence.

Blake: WOULD YOU JUST GET US OUT OF HERE?!

Quickly escaping that situation, I decided to pay our resident Blacksmith a visit.

Blake: Hey there Kurobe.

Kurobe: A pleasure Lord Blake.

Blake: What are you working now?

Kurobe: Oh, just the kitchen knife that Princess Shuna asked me to make for her.

I picked up the blade and expected it a little before handing it back to Kurobe.

Kurobe: I'm actually just about to finish it up. It's almost complete. 

Blake: Apologize for bothering you then, I'll wait out here and give the knife to Shuna personally after your done.

Kurobe: If that's what you wish my lord.

I stood outside for a bit, just sitting and waiting until Kurobe finally got done and handed my the knife which he placed in a wrapped up box.

With that, I made my way to the kitchen where Shuna and Gob'ichi were working at.

Haruna: Oh! Hello, Lord Blake.

Gob'ichi: My Lord.

Shuna: A pleasure Lord Blake, is there something we can do for you?

Blake: Nope, I just came to personally deliver the knife Kurobe had made for you.

Shuna: Oh you didn't have to do that for me. I'm surprised it's finished already.

She unwrapped the package and took out the knife, before walking over to the station where an onion was sitting on top a cutting board.

Shuna: I'll try it out right now.

When she finally took out the knife, I was able to get a good look at it and quickly realized something...

That knife was at the Special Grade tier for equipment.

Blake: Wait, Shuna! Don't-

SLICE!!

Everyone stood in complete silence as the knife instantly cut through the onion... and the cutting board... and the desk... and that part of the house that Shuna was facing...

Note to self, always keep an eye on Kurobe when he blacksmithing.

After dealing with that whole scene, Rimuru had sent me a message regarding on Gabiru and his work.

Gabiru: SERIOUSLY!! WHAT KIND OF MOVE WHERE THOSE?! DO YOU WANT OUR LORDS SEEING YOU ALL LOOKING LIKE THAT?! IF WE WANT THE SAVIORS TO ACCEPT US, THEN WE CAN'T AFFORD TO REMAIN ROOTED IN PLACE!!

Everyone: SIR GABIRU! PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE!!

Wow, they are surprisingly diligent and are taking their work very seriously. Guess us taking him in has really made Gabiru rethink himself.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but my opinion of has just grown a lot.

Gabiru: Alright! We'll start with the basics!

But instead of doing their job like we expected, they just proceeded to do some kind dance and musical number that ultimately with Gabiru snapping at them again when they praised his name in the song instead of ours.

Blake & Rimuru: ಠ_ಠ

 Apparently, this song and dance was their special way of "growing" the Hipokute herbs.

...And just like that, my opinion of Gabiru had shrunk significantly.

Souka: I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I know sometimes he acts like that, but he's really not a bad guy!

Later:

Rimuru: How nice...

Gobta: Tell me about this little tree. What's it called?

Rimuru: A bonsai tree.

Currently, me and Rimuru had decided to pay Hakuro a visit while he was working on pruning some of the plants with Gobta.

Hakuro: Lord Rimuru was kind enough to teach me a bit about them.

While Gobta was doing some weird balancing tricks with one of the bonsai trees. Hakuro started to reminisce a bit.

Hakuro: Having been born a swordsman, I've lived for centuries with a sword always by my side. But I had no idea that forgetting the sword sometimes can allow me to see a brand new world. The scales have been lifted and now, I see.

Blake: That was beautiful Hakuro. Hey, if you ever do decided to retire from being a swordsman, then maybe you could be a some kind of poet instead. Given how long you've been around for, I think you'd be good for it.

Hakuro: Hehehe, I appreciate the thought my lord.

Gobta: ...When you get like this, you just look like a withered old man. Maybe it actually is time for you to retire-

SLIT!!

Gobta stood paralyzed as parts of his hair fell off, along with parts of the bonsai tree as Hakuro sheathed his katana while glaring at him.

Hakuro: I was just pruning.

Gobta: You haven't forgotten your sword at all!

While he was distracted, Rimuru and I slowly back away from the situation before running off.

Where did we go off to? The school of course.

Me and Rimuru looked in a class that where Ririna was teaching the toddlers how to spell.

Rigurd: My Lords! You should look at these. The students were asked to draw someone they respect, and they all choose you my lords.

Rimuru: Really?

We took a look at some of the drawings, which needless to say, were crudely drawn since they made by toddlers.

I mean, points for effort.

The students noticed us outside and we said hello to them before leaving with Rigurd.

Rimuru: Hey Rigurd, aren't they're any other Slimes around here besides me?

Rigurd: It's rare to see them around this time of year.

Rimuru noticed Hakuro, Shuna, Kurobe, Gobta, and Haruna a few feet away from us.

Rimuru: Hey, questions guys! Have you ever seen any Slimes other then me?

Hakuro: I suppose so when the whether is hot.

Kurobe: Yeah, it's kinda how you know summer is on the way.

Shuna: They're clear bodies do look nice and cool.

Haruna: They're considered a symbol of summer in Jura.

Gobta: Not to mention, they taste great when they're super cold! You just slurp them up!

Rimuru stared in silence as dark looks began to appear on the others faces.

Shuna: That does sound really lovely.

Rigurd: Yes, it's a true delicacy!

They all began to laugh creepily with a few even staring at Rimuru who was beginning to back away.

I just shrugged.

Blake: I think Goblin taste better personally.

This immediately quieted them down as they look me.

Rigurd: W-What my lord?

Blake: I mean once you get past the struggling, they're actually not that bad. The arm has a certain tang to it, but my favorite is the heart and liver. Hmm~

I began to lick my lips while the others (except Rimuru) began backing away from me.

Gobta: Y-Your joking right...?

Blake: Actually, all the Goblins have evolved into Hobgoblins now... does that mean they taste even better.

I was now starting directly at Rigurd, Gobta, and Haruna who were starting to shake.

Blake: And if we really get into it... the Ogres are evolved Hobgoblins, right? And the Kijin are evolved Ogres...

I darkened gaze turned to Shuna, Hakuro, and Kurobe who began backing away even more.

As soon as I took one step, they all instantly sprinted away as fast as they could. Leaving me and a disturbed Rimuru alone.

Rimuru: You were joking... r-right?

Blake: Of course I was! Since they decided to joke about eating your kind right in front of you and make it so creepy, I did the same in return. But I'll make sure to have someone tell them it was a joke... later.

Rimuru just watched as I walked away with a satisfied look on my face.

Rimuru: Huh... was that him being protective?

Later:

Rimuru: A lot of people have become rather dependent on Shuna. She's becomes so reliable.

Benimaru: She wants to give it her best in her new position. As her older brother, I am proud. But it feels like she's growing more and more distant...

Rimuru: Hey come on now. How can the unbeatable Samurai General believe that?

Flashback

Benimaru: Now when fighting as a group. Your distance from your oppon-

Shuna: Brother!

During one of the training exorcises that Benimaru and Hakuro were working on for the trainees, Shuna suddenly appeared while wearing an apron and holding a broom and a pair of boxers.

Shuna: For real?! Honestly, how many times must I remind you brother! You cannot leave your under clothes lying around! Also, your room was a terrible mess. But don't worry, I've cleaned all the mess under your bed. And just look at you!

She took out a handkerchief and wiped some goop out of Benimaru's eyes.

Shuna: Just do your best to be home by sundown, alright? And by the time you get home, I'll have dinner for you.

She began to walk back, before she saw Blake covered in dirt.

Shuna: And what happened to you, my lord?

Blake: Well... during one of the sessions. I was training with Hakuro and during the scuffle, I kinda fell to the ground a few times to avoid some hits, so-

Shuna: Come with me.

Blake: Huh?

Shuna: We're gonna get you and your clothes cleaned up. I'm not gonna let you walk around while looking so dirty! Now, come along.

Before he could utter a word, she suddenly grabbed Blake by his sleeve and dragged him away, leaving everyone just watching in stunned silence.

Reality

Benimaru: ...Maybe distant isn't the right term, she acts more like a mother is all...

Rimuru: Ah, and your no match for your mother, right Samurai General?

Benimaru: Whoever she marries is going to definitely has their hands full for a while...

Rimuru noticed that while Benimaru was saying, he glanced back inside the building to Blake who was currently talking with Shuna.

Shortly after, Shuna walked out with two shirts.

Shuna: Look brother! I found some manly clothes for you. There's even one in black too!

It was after that talk that  the sun had setted, with the Tempest brothers deciding to visit Treyni's new bar that she opened up.

Treyni: My, with you all working so hard. The town will be complete in new time!

Rimuru: Thing is, we want everyone here to live more freely. But everyone here just loves saying, "For Great Rimuru" or "In the name of the Great Blake!" It's like their obsessed with us or something...

Treyni poured a glass of grape juice for the Slime.

Treyni: Goodness, what an enviable problem you have. I'm certain they simply wish to repay the debt they owe to you both. Because you both showed them a new way and gave them a place to belong.

Blake: Place to belong, huh? ...Also, shouldn't you be watching the forests, Treyni? Why are you working at a bar suddenly?

Treyni: So more Orange juice for you then, Lord Blake? I have potato chips too.

Blake: Don't tell me your trying to slack off, are you?

With that, the night came and morning soon took over.

Rimuru deciding to do a little walk around town on Ranga's back as the sun was beginning to shine in order to greet the residents who were starting to wake up.

Rimuru: Is it finally done?

He had just arrived in the small district that sat between the dual cities, and a certain building had caught his eye.

Blake: Yep, our nation's assembly building has been finished.

Rigurd: Good morning my lords! Now tell me, how should we prepare for the upcoming banquet my lords?

Rimuru: A banquet?

Blake: They apparently want to celebrate the fact that it's been five hundred days since they first met us.

Ranga: Then my clan must celebrate the day we met too!

Kaijin: And we have to celebrate for finally finishing construction on the towns.

Gobta: We can have a part for any reason!

Shion: We also can't forget the day we Ogres were given our names as well.

Gabiru: I hope you'll allow us to join you!

Everyone suddenly lifted us up in the air while chanting for a banquet.

Needless to say, our new home had been so lively will all the people we've met along the way so far.

I wonder what the future has in store?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 135 7
Satoru Mikami was having a good and ordinary day until suddenly meeting a grime fate and dying. However, what were to happen if Satoru were to have d...
68.5K 1.5K 35
A being is born and lost inside of cave with only a few pieces of his memories, He encounters a very unexpected companion and with him goes onto adve...
147K 4.4K 43
Hello there I am Alice .. I work night shifts for those sex depressed guys! One day I die and get reincarnated in .. ? THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED A...
28.4K 801 29
Fem Rimuru/Kiana Satoru Mikami was a normal japanese man playing his favorite game Honkai Impact 3rd ... But he was stabbed when he helped his junior...